I'm learning to touch type bros, I've picked up some pretty nasty habits when typing...

I'm learning to touch type bros, I've picked up some pretty nasty habits when typing, so it's prob going to take quite a while to get used to.
How long did it take you to ingrain that shit into your muscle memory?

Attached: niggersinmylawn.jpg (1280x720, 86.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

learntyping.org/beginner-typing-lesson-1a
keybr.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just travel back to 2002 and get an asian Canadian online gf, that's how I learned.

>NCH
Only good product of theirs is their voice changer

I never learned touch typing and typed with hunt and peck for all my life. even while I worked in IT. about 3 years ago I decided to change that.
I just went on keybr.com and it took me about 9 hours of practicing over about week and a half to get it down.

my biggest problem was that I would get bored as fuck while practicing, so I quit multiple times before. the thing that changed everything was listening to an audiobook at the same time. this allowed my conscious brain to focus on the book, while my motor functions were learning where all the letters were. by the time I was halfway through the book, I could touch type.

these are my stats from when I stopped practicing,

Attached: keybr.png (1084x271, 34.58K)

I'm glad I helped you learn how to type user but I'm not actually Asian, Canadian, or a girl. I'm a (currently) 56-year-old pedophile living in Thailand, but obviously born in the UK.
foo I'm so glad I got that off my chest! It's been haunting me for 20 years.

tanks, i guess i'll listen to a podcast or smth, audio books are for faggots

Attached: 1636646193027.jpg (500x343, 16.37K)

buy split keyboard, it will force you to learn how to type correctly

I did it completely in a couple months.
I started out by forcing myself to use Dvorak on a split ergonomic board for a while. Helped me quickly break my existing muscle memory, and start fresh with correct finger positioning.
Then I switched back to qwerty and re-learned the layout, but with the better habits that I had picked up.
Most of the time was spent just recovering speed. I started out at 150 WPM, and now I touch type at around 140 WPM. So not quite there even still, but it's more comfortable.

Just start typing everything without looking at the keyboard. You can try blank key caps if you cheat a lot. Or get an ergonomic keyboard. It will force yourself to type properly.

The speed comes from learning common sequences of letters you can do in a sort of rolling motion with multiple fingers at a time. Kind of like Swype on a touchscreen. Eventually you just mash the entire word into existence with very little delay between keystrokes. I'm qwerty though, I wonder if dvorak is actually better for this.

>How long did it take you to ingrain that shit into your muscle memory?
Not long at all. If memory serves, it took a few days of just not looking at the keyboard while typing shit and accepting some trial and error pain, before it became as fast as looking at the keyboard; after that, I just gradually became faster over a few months.

>I've picked up some pretty nasty habits when typing,
Note that there is absolutely no reason to forcibly use particular finger for a particular key. I don't use a strong key/finger tie at all and it works just fine. That whole notion of "always hit key X with finger Y" is retarded.

whatever works for you, just as long as it's audio and it occupies you through the boredom of practice

All my life I have been typing with just my index, middle and occasionally ring finger, I literally started touch typing like 2 months ago, I wanted to actually improve my typing. I used these two websites and practiced about 30 mins daily, in a week I had memorized the keyboard with my fingers, by two weeks I could comfortably type Q, Z and P, and by the month count I could use punctuation and numbers.

It can annoy you sometimes but don't give up user, it is quite a great improvement and honestly you won't regret it. Not only do you type way faster, you make less mistakes and your hands hurt less when you type.

learntyping.org/beginner-typing-lesson-1a
keybr.com/

Attached: 1641723558740.png (1471x487, 94.75K)

Wait then who sent me the nudes? My dad saw them one night when he caught me jerkin it to them and he slapped me hard and asked me who it was.

About a month. I made the decision to learn to touch type in 2016. It was slow at first, and the tutorials definitely started out boring. But I stuck with it, and I forced myself to sllowwwwlly touch type on Any Forums. After 2 months, I was faster than I was with hunt + peck, and I was at 80-90 wpm pretty fast.

From there, I've stayed at that level for the last 5 years, since I no longer do any training for typing speed or accuracy.

Took me 2 weeks to write fluently without any mistakes but I learned when I was 11. It wasn't even a keyboard course, it was a typewriter course.
>That was 21 years ago
>How do I get back?

Attached: 1632355831084.jpg (636x636, 35.06K)

At age 13. Most games now dont do this as much because of improved interfaces but PC games starting out used short cuts often. It could make or break winning. Some games got to the point you ran out of shortcut letters/numbers to use and had to have ctrl/shift involved with the combo.
While many did it for more business reasons I am just giving personal experience.

Why even bother

Started last year as I got into programming for real, and while I'm mostly good with my left hand I've picked up the habit of lying down my right index finger on the K key instead of the J one. Although to be fair I have tiny hands, so reaching keys that are further apart gets harder if I lay down my index finger on the J key.

try using the right shift to improve efficiency. I wish I picked up that habit

this and make sure its not a row staggered keyboard (column stagger is good)