Will this year be the year of linux desktop?

Will this year be the year of linux desktop?

Attached: loonixdesktop.png (2000x2000, 431.83K)

a thread died for this

if the steam deck takes off (lol), but even then it's a handheld and not a desktop. anyway pic rel assured yold will never happen
ywnbaw (you will never be a windows replacement)

Attached: linus.jpg (2048x2048, 677.99K)

no

>2%
>5%
Isn't linux as a desktop currently

>if the steam deck takes off
Knowing Valve they've probably already abandoned it in favour of whatever shiny thing distracted them in the last five picoseconds.
I really don't get how people think Valve won't toss this aside faster than they did the Index and HL:A

it has specs better than majority of Any Forums users. and it can connect to monitor like SBCs would. so it's pretty much a desktop pc

that's not the total number, it's the percentage of linux larpers on Any Forums that actually run linux

More likely than ever but I doubt it still unfortunately

Tux is just embracing the struggle here.

two moar years

>51% in less than 12 months
lmao

dunno but when it happens i switch to bsd's or another un*x-like os

wow could microsoft really use linux as their kernel? imagine that SHIT

The "year of the linux desktop" meme is and always has been windows users who know deep down that they hate windows but can't into Linux because it's too hard for them and therefore "not ready for desktop."
real linux users don't care about mass adoption. all they care about is that it werks on their machine

Wine/Proton is what using Linux as a kernel for Windows applications looks like. Yes they could do it, but they'd break backwards compatibility for any application that hooks the kernel (like anticheat software).

> imagine that SHIT
> SHIT
Exactly.
NT kernel >>> shitty clone of shitty late 60s OS

windows with WSL2 is the best linux distro

Do you really think video game playing children make up the majority of the PC using market share?

ChromeOS is Linux.

Yes.

Didn't you read the comic you posted, OP? It's next year. SUPER OS BY 2023!!!

It’s a joke about Microsoft adopting Linux as its kernel. Learn to read.

LINUX DESKTOP BY 2023!!!

Unironically, yes