Do you craft vintage websites and blogs? What is your preferred platform?

Do you craft vintage websites and blogs? What is your preferred platform?

I like Neocities, and I have created a few websites there, but I just found out about the Gemini protocol and I am interested in maybe doing something through that. What do you like?

Attached: My-site.jpg (800x600, 409.61K)

Other urls found in this thread:

razorback95.com/index.php
neocities.org/site/lainzine
developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web/HTML_basics
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Gemini protocol
isnt that only for text?

It's not a proper vintage webstyle if it doesn't have animated logos made in Xara 3D.

Attached: 3HaJVw3AYyXBY3GwKZ6jThaRUootusLBbMnQxWbeKLyMe8X7k54BaURgWbFR8bBK1dxQhMf4uoPUCCpBgBAepfmPBLByE9J7XBYsV5F.gif (1003x309, 1.73M)

Oh, guess so. I only heard it mentioned in passing and thought it was an attempt at a vintage style web.

Might as well post this fag here, he knows a thing or two when it comes to keeping to ancient memes.
razorback95.com/index.php

>What is your preferred platform?
My home server

You don't get the social aspects from a platform like Neocities!

What social aspects do I need? It's still just a website regardless of who I get to host it

I have been thinking about it lately. If I do make something I will probably use Neocities.

zoomer cringe

>zoomers can't even handle a folder
>yeah bro it's zoomers behind the retro design trend

Attached: 1620519709302.jpg (426x362, 54.91K)

On Neocities your site gets a page ex: neocities.org/site/lainzine

You can use it to socialize and maybe meet an internet friend!

>point neocities iframe or redirection to actual site
I've done this, cope

This guy fills me with sadness, he stopped growing as a person about 35 years ago and refuses to move on from his childhood.

I had a geocities page waaay back then, I forgot what was on it but it was there

neocities has social network components on the core website, every page is something you can follow and it gives you a profile where you can leave comments and see who's following who.
The websites themselves serve as social media as well, only instead of clicking like, you tell people who your friends are by plastering their badges, webrings and awards all over your site like a stupid kid.

I can't into HTML, I find it very hard to to create a page even like the one in the pic. I can't imagine how much effort goes into creating a modern page.

> i have no idea what it takes to make a site like OPs pic

I have a website

Damn HTML looks so alien compared to other languages. I wish it was possible to make sites with traditional ones like C++, Java, C# etc. Although I can grasp this HTML it gets complicated real quick with real sites.

For example look at this

A public platform building the definitive collection of coding questions & answers

Wtf is mx48, sm:ml32 the only thing that makes sense here is roboto which refers to a font and headline

They're other stuff like what the fuck

Attached: 1613625763752.png (1590x263, 54.77K)

HTML can look alien when it's being autogenerated by a framework or a static CMS system, but look at the syntax, it's quite easy to understand.
A class is just a shortcut for a style you pre-defined in a .css stylesheet file you included somewhere on the page so you don't have to repeat yourself, and you can stack them.
It's just like a programming language function if you program.

mx48, sm:skjdlajsd are just names they autogenerated, you don't have to worry about that at all.

Really, the way everyone learns HTML is by googling what they want to do and then copying example code until they're satisfied.
or you can go for an actual tutorial.

developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Learn/Getting_started_with_the_web/HTML_basics

since webpages are meant to be documents html makes far more sense than a programming language like c or java