C hate thread

The more I keep coming back to C, the more I hate it.
Just look at this shit.
Take a good hard look at it.
Admire the retardation of this convoluted pointer (*) syntax.
Let your eyes feast on the utter asininity of these idiotic rules for arrays.
I dare you to defend this.
And OF COURSE it is weakly typed too.
And OF COURSE arrays start at 0 too.

My God.

And I thought Python was bad... this is on a whole new level.
Who thought this was OK?
I'm literally shaking my head in disbelief just glancing at pic related; it's like they intentionally tried to make the most convoluted language as possible as a joke; it's almost as stupid as a natural language.

Just compare this garbage with the elegant simplicity of LISP and/or the crystalline clarity of Haskell.

(*) because simply saying "address" wasn't hipster enough. We NEEDED to come up with some other silly name

Attached: Ct.jpg (1566x293, 58.42K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A+_(programming_language)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

FUCK C
Did I do good?, I do lt even program I just wanna feel included

Yet people say it's the best language for game programming.
Omg... Your comment is so bad, it's good, kek.

Do you know why arrays in C are second-class citizens? It's because that's how they were in B. B was designed for the simple, 8-bit PDP-7, and only had one type: the integer/pointer. B supported arrays, but only so far as being able to declare them in static/auto storage. Actually, almost every odd "feature" of C is inherited from B, as C was originally just a backwards-compatible extension of B with multiple types to support the PDP-11, which extended the PDP-7 with 16-bit addresses. Dennis Ritchie himself has said that designing C involved a lot of regrettable decisions.

*C bait thread

>LISP and/or the crystalline clarity of Haskell.
Make something actually useful OP

dilate

>filtered by pointers
>filtered by arrays

I've been writing C daily for so long that none of your complaints make sense to me

what happened to A?

Became A+
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A+_(programming_language)

>And OF COURSE arrays start at 0 too.
How is that a bad thing?

brainlette. go back to python, script kiddie

>complaining about arrays starting at zero
>hey, let's program computers without understanding how computers work!

nah you're just another idiot filtered by the memory model.
>And OF COURSE arrays start at 0 too.
only spoonfed webdevs argue for array[1], people being filtered by the memory model, again.
>And OF COURSE it is weakly typed too.
bad news honey, memory is just memory, there are no types in the memory hardware. if you understood the memory model...

OP is the perfect example why learning (almost) any other than C will make you a bad programmer or atleast give you a very hard time becoming halfway competent.

Absolute nufaggot here, why the fuck should I care if arrays start at 0? What the fuck even is an array?

Attached: 1608457294335.png (582x543, 632.66K)

Filtered hard

>memory is just memory
Not according to the C standard. C is weakly typed, but most of the time, type punning is undefined behaviour anyway. In general, the C abstract machine and memory model are far weaker (in the sense that you can't assume as many things will work) than real hardware.

filtered :^)

>why the fuck should I care if arrays start at 0?
Because it's fucking unintuitive.
If I asked you to find the 15-th element of a list of numbered stuff you can't see the beginning of, what would you search for? The one labeled "14" or the one labeled "15"?
In cases of nested and/or multi-dimensional arrays it's guaranteed to give you problems.
I cannot count how many times my programs didn't work and I spent hours trying to find the problems only to find out I had just mistaken a stupid index.

> PDP-11
Let me guess, you “need” more.

[a][b][c][d]
^
|
p: |

You need to sum the current position and the neighbors to the left and right, how would you index the current position?
Easy with zero-based indexing:
sum = p[i] + p[i-1] + p[i+1];

ITT: Brainlets who were filtered by Programming I at college/uni