Why is low-level programming dominated by boomers? Why is webdev correlated with onions?

Why is low-level programming dominated by boomers? Why is webdev correlated with onions?

Attached: kG78ztV.jpg (448x250, 16.05K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correctness_(computer_science)
youtube.com/watch?v=qaZcaWdKJWs
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Correctness_(computer_science)

>Why is low-level programming dominated by boomers
They fell for the "I'm gonna be an awesome greybeard master wizard coder one day" meme when they were 17 in 1974.
>Why is webdev correlated with onions?
because it is the "nice house on the corner" that everyone sees when they drive past the neighborhood

>Why is webdev correlated with onions
I hate my webdev job, but why onions?
And what do I need to do to pivot to a low-level job?
Someone help me get out of this webdev hell.

most of them actually did become "greybeard master wizard coders" though

yeah, true. I guess I'm just picking on the ones who only did the bare minimum through the years. When I think of "low-level programming greys" I think of guys who never wanted to stop living in a world where all they needed to know was perl :/

>Why is low-level programming dominated by boomers
Because they started on computers which allowed only low level programming. That's all that's to it. Up to 1980s programming in assembly was totally normal and prevalent. Higher level languages like Pascal or C only started getting a mainstream attention at the time.
When someone starts programming today, the usual language that gets recommended to them is Python or JavaScript. A vast majority of programmers born after ~1980 never went through the low level phase.
Also those old computers were quite simple and programming in assembly or even hex was possible and sometimes even enjoyable, unlike on modern CPUs.

Programming in assembly is still possible, the CPU is fine but modern operating systems and execution formats are the biggest hassles imaginable.
Linkers as we know them were a goddamn mistake and I'd like nothing better than to piss on the grave of their inventor.
Also, whatever committee of trannies came up with ELF can fucking communally dialate each other.

>modern operating systems and execution formats are the biggest hassles imaginable
I heard the best way to learn x86 assembly is to start programming in DOS (or even DOSBox). Is that true? It should be simpler that Windows or Linux...

Boomers were actually allowed to read the 50 page manuals and know what their low level programming did and changed. All that shit is locked behind patented copyrighted black boxes now with 2000 page manuals that only some employees of parts of a company have access to.

The zoomers have no chance to learn low level because they are locked out from the very beginning even if they wanted to.

low level programming requires a mindset and logical thinking that is not present in people born after the late 90s, plus the many costraints filter super hard modern "people" that meantally shut down whenever something tells them "you can't do that" and simply don't know how to process it or what to do next

youtube.com/watch?v=qaZcaWdKJWs

Cultural difference. Low level easier.

> I heard the best way to learn x86 assembly is to start programming in DOS
I don't know much with certainty about DOS but as I said, in the modern day, learning the shit around assembly programming is the hardest part about assembly programming.
If I were to recommend something simple to just start out: write an algorithm in C then compile it to assembly with -march=native and -O3 and then try to figure out how to write better assembly than it spat out.

Linux is definitely a better kernel than windows for ASM programming as syscall numbers aren't liable to just up and change on you, like I've heard they have on windows in the past.
There's also much more clear, low-level linux documentation for syscalls, which are the primary difficulty in beginner asm programming.
You can even look up the kernel source to check something that the documentation wasn't clear on.
DOS might be simple but you will still have to learn syscall numbers and you will probably be stuck in 16 or 32 bit mode, so your processor will be gimped and you will be learning skills for an oudated architecture.
No 64 bit means no vex extension and no 256 or 512 bit simd.

Because webdev is easy to get a grasp of, meanwhile most betacucks are unable of understanding computers and even less things like pointers and other shit, so they can only do basic shit on ultra high level languages since that the only thing their not logical brain can understand.
I bet my ass that if tomorrow there was invented a node based programming language that was relatively easy to use, 99% of betasoiacucks would instantly switch to it.

They don't know how to distinguish just constraint from unjust.
It's a systematic problem arising from the lack of strong fathers in early development and general lack of knowledge due to shit like this: The latter even I had to deal with as a late 90s zoomer.

>programming in assembly or even hex was possible and sometimes even enjoyable
Programming in hex was never enjoyable. BTDT, but never again if I can help it!

>Low level easier

Attached: 1610913526773.jpg (506x533, 18.42K)

meant harder fuck

>They fell for the "I'm gonna be an awesome greybeard master wizard coder one day" meme when they were 17
literally me except i fell for it in 2015

What do you do user?

compilers mostly, but all the crap that comes with them too