/fag/ - Friendly Apple General ()

Note: this general is hijacked often and the report function does nothing. Use the feedback form instead.
4channel.org/feedback

>how to spot fake threads
The fake troll threads usually change the link to the wiki, friendlyapple.mirAheze.org/, to friendlyapple.mirEheze.org/
The OP features people at all (should be devices only)

>Hackintosh Wiki: wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Forums: insanelymac.com/forum/

>Ryzentosh
AMD Vanilla OpenCore: github.com/AMD-OSX/AMD_Vanilla/
OpenCore 0.6.9 - VMware Workstation 16 - AMD Ryzen: github.com/Ken5998/OpenCore-VMware-Workstation-AMD

>New to Mac OS?
Q&A Website: apple.stackexchange.com

>If you come from a UNIX background
Note that Vim, microEmacs, and Nano come out of the box for editing files. To run programs using X, you need to install XQuartz (recommend way is through MacPorts).

>Terminal Guides:
Terminal for beginners: makeuseof.com/tag/beginners-guide-mac-terminal/
Comprehensive terminal guide: swcarpentry.github.io/shell-novice/

>Useful Mac OS commands
setapp.com/how-to/show-hidden-files-on-mac
chriswrites.com/how-to-disable-virtual-memory-in-os-x/
osxdaily.com/2015/05/04/disable-gatekeeper-command-line-mac-osx/

>Recommended software
wiki.installgentoo.com/wiki/List_of_recommended_OS_X_software

>iPhone / iPad Jailbreak
checkra.in/ (iPhone 5s - iPhone X, iOS 12.0+)
theodyssey.dev/ (iOS 13.0 - 13.7)
unc0ver.dev/ (iOS 11.0 - 14.3)

>iPhone / iPad Sideloading
altstore.io/

>The Wiki **WORK IN PROGRESS**
friendlyapple.miraheze.org/

>Other Resources
For vintage (m68k, PowerPC) devices, check out our friends at
and
For iPods check out Previous thread

Attached: 2012-12-13-five-flavors.jpg (1000x966, 254.94K)

Yes

second for powerpc

Attached: Imagen 2.png (1008x610, 258.85K)

So I just got Duet Display and after testing it out with the apple pencil, I found out that for it to work with the stylus I have to get the $30 a year Duet Pro subscription on top of the $10 for the app. Is there a way to get Duet Pro for free or is there a better alternative? Also I've tried SpaceDesk but it has bad input lag.

someone make a real non bait thread. i want to discuss the 16 inch schmickelbook

This is a non bait thread, retard
Don't tell me you're a FAG who can't take a joke

Splashtop Xdisplay?

>Software subscription on top of app price
Why the fuck do people just accept this nowadays?

Attached: 1642437102480.gif (498x371, 2.05M)

Astopad standard supports Apple Pencil but it's just screen mirroring, not sure if that's what you were looking for

Ok so I bought a (used) iMac 2011 for 150€ with keyboard and mouse included yesterday.
Last supported version (High Sierra) is eol but the majority of apps is still supported. Impressed with how old sandy bridge i5 CPU is still great to browse and light code.
I've forgotten how macOS was comfy.

Tried it out and it's just as, if not more, laggy as SpaceDesk

Looks like it only supports Apple computers so I tried out Project Blue and holy shit. Not only is there no lag but it supports Apple Pencil and touch gestures, AND it's free. I'm hoping there isn't a catch but thank you so much.

This thread is now a friendly windows general.

Attached: Windows 7 Whopper.png (600x419, 452.18K)

You could go past HS if you use a patcher

let's try this one more time:
2011 macbook pro, macos Sierra 10.12.6
I installed linux mint on a partition, dual boot.
when I power off then power on the 'book, it boots directly into linux if I don't press and hold "option" when booting.
to get to macos when booting I have to do the "option" thing then select macos partition.
I'd rather it boot directly into macos instead of linux because that's what I mostly use.
how do I get it to do this?

Attached: mintbros.png (1280x800, 526.85K)

I can't because the GPU is not compatible with metal and changing it would be a pita and would cost around 100 bucks. But High Sierra is still extremely comfy. Also Macports is so much better than Homebrew. I've been deceived for so long.

System Preferences, Startup Disk.

Here you go:

Fuck off with your cancer, this type of childish tantrums are what get generals killed

Yeah, High Sierra is the last good Mac OS before they started removing shit for no reason whatsoever like the dashboard or 32-bit app support (yeah, I know Mojave has it but it was severely crippled)

fucking tranny mod deleted it. i will not post in this thread anymore. fuck you tranny mod

i changed my mind. i will post here and NOT tell you to migrate