Video streaming accounts for more than half of Internet traffic and is much more carbon-intensive than image or...

> Video streaming accounts for more than half of Internet traffic and is much more carbon-intensive than image or text-based content. To put this into context, scrolling on TikTok for one minute uses twice the CO2 of scrolling for one minute on Instagram.

Attached: E29E748F-5C93-4441-BD2A-65BE5E750F26.png (1968x517, 162.82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

fastcompany.com/90717181/surfing-the-web-isnt-just-bad-for-your-brain-its-terrible-for-the-environment
youtu.be/yiw6_JakZFc?t=677
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Imagine streaming your movies and TV shows instead of just torrenting them like everyone else. Americans are pozzed.

I should constantly feel guilty about my carbon emissions but corporations are allowed to haul goyphones from china all the way to europe for +$20 markup on each device because???

Imagine how much CO2 would be saved if every journalist died tomorrow

CO2 is literally a meme, there are much more pressing environmental issues. Even compared to other greenhouse gasses CO2 is fairly tame. That being said a simpler text based internet is still objectively good for other reasons.

SHUT THIS DOWN
MODS! WRONGTHINK!

>emit more CO2
>trees grow faster and taller
We have to stop forest expansion.

Attached: shalome.png (250x250, 72.11K)

Don't worry so much about money. Worry if people start killing journalists. That's a quote.

Attached: 546822D7-1CA5-464B-B3BB-6A4B5346C668.jpg (369x308, 14.98K)

>8,165 kB and 311 requests
EIGHT MBs of trash for 6 KBs of text. Wonder how much CO2 loading the article a single time uses.

fastcompany.com/90717181/surfing-the-web-isnt-just-bad-for-your-brain-its-terrible-for-the-environment

>Imagine streaming your movies and TV shows instead of just torrenting them like everyone else.
Feels good to be environmentally friendly. I also pirate all my games and use free software for other purposes so I don't waste resources and generate CO2 on running DRM.
>I should constantly feel guilty about my carbon emissions but corporations are allowed to haul goyphones from china all the way to europe
This, I cannot live wastefully enough to produce even a tiny bit of pollution that companies do. No amount of recycling or taking public transit will ever make a significant difference considering how much shit companies pump out. They try to shame people to be ecologically friendly, while they move factories to countries without regulation so they can save money while polluting the planet. Even if I don't care about ecology, in the end I will swim in shit (therefore live worse) and someone else will take money for that.

>block ads to minimize carbon footprint

So Any Forums is objectively a better website for the environment.

I wonder how Netflix compares to torrents.

As expected of a website created by a fag.

surfing the web isn't equivalent to watching 8k youtube videos 24x7

I don't fucking care, fuck the Earth. I will keep doing what ever I want. If that means I die at the ripe old age of 30 so be it.

youtu.be/yiw6_JakZFc?t=677
You will produce as much emissions in 70 years as a megacorp in one second

Yea, video streaming bad but they're all trying to shove NFTs down everyone's throat right now. Fuck the media, all of it.

remember, the communists won't be happy until you're dead

The fashion industry alone releases more CO2 and is responsible for infinitely more trash polluting the earth each year than all of Googles, Netflix and Amazons datacentres combined and all bitcoin mining on top of that. No I am not fucking joking look it up.
These faggots need to stop larping and deepthroat a shotgun.

Attached: 1634876804795.jpg (611x960, 99.04K)

Okay but how much pollution does it cause vs other forms of entertainment?
Are you guys for real? Why would torrenting cost any less given it does the same shit?
Until you consider how the misinformation could lead to people doing more harmful shit to the environment, yeah.

What media actually simps for NFTs? It's the companies who shill it.