Is it possible to enjoy using an OS?

What are some operating systems that a pleasure to use?

Attached: 1629380542442.png (516x439, 205.01K)

are a*

The one u make

i think mac and linux are the only candidates. mac just looks pleasurable. linux is fun to configure and (for some) solve problems in. personally, i use windows. ive messed around with linux in VMs for some fun. the thing about windows is that it stays out of your way and is so reliable (if you dont install random third party hacks and registries onto a pirated copy, that is) that you kinda forget its there. its like youre not even on an OS, the applications are just there. if that makes sense.

Attached: nixos.jpg (474x410, 15.57K)

I enjoy using Arch with kde plasma. I also really liked Linux mint. Windows 2k, xp, 7 and 11 are nice. I really enjoyed Mac os 10.5 leopard, before and after that it went to shit. I like ios but it's not perfect. Windows 3.1 is just a shell but it's super fun to see what you can accomplish in a vm. Os/2 warp 4 after you get it installed is really comfy.

Windows is utilitarian but soulless

>its like youre not even on an OS, the applications are just there. if that makes sense.
god I hate Any Forums niggers
go back

>i think mac and linux are the only candidates. mac just looks pleasurable. linux is fun to configure and (for some) solve problems in. personally, i use windows. ive messed around with linux in VMs for some fun. the thing about windows is that it stays out of your way and is so reliable (if you dont install random third party hacks and registries onto a pirated copy, that is) that you kinda forget its there. its like youre not even on an OS, the applications are just there. if that makes sense.
That's true right up until you need to delay an update for a long running job or refuse to set up a Microsoft account or install software it doesn't approve of (crypto miners) and then it immediately throws a fit and will not shut up until you start hacking around with admin rights. If you draw outside the lines relative to normie users enough it becomes outright hostile. Linux by contrast will cheerfully let you do whatever you want as root and doesn't impose its beliefs on you, as well as being much faster.

I think all modern OSes are good. I use the big 3 daily and barely have any troubles. The UI doesn't get in the way, all 3 allow good amount of customization, and are stable and behave predictably.
- debloated WIndows 10 on the desktop. Feels fast and polished, works great with all kinds of hardware I throw on it. Bluetooth KB and mouse, bluetooth speaker, Xbox controller, external drives, cameras, printers, phones. It just works.
- Ubuntu on my home server. Stable as fuck, all services I run get updated and restart gracefully, uptime is only limited by the OS upgrades which require a reboot. Serves all kinds of devices.
- macOS on a MacBook. Also just werks - it's a perfect typing machine OS. Everything is very pleasing to the eye soI use it as my leisure computer - I read, write, plan trips, surf the net and chat on it.

ill agree, it doesnt have soul. just works though
nice buzzwords retard. sucks to not know how to read or use comprehension skills though
i dunno, it's never done that for me. when it downloads an update it just shows a little icon at the right of the taskbar letting me know it got one. and then when i go to shut down i have all of my regular options (shut down, restart, etc.) as well as other options that do the same but update beforehand.
you can use airplane mode, not connect to wifi, or type in a random invalid enterprise account and itll let you go through without ever making an account. or you can make a random ms account and just switch to local after. though in win 11 your only choice is going local after the fact.

Arch + GNOME reporting in, feels very nice. I might go back to dicking around with tiling window managers again, but having a full DE is nice and convenient. Should I take the dwm pill anons? I used i3 for a while and liked it, but it seems like dwm is more based

>What are some operating systems that a pleasure to use?
Windows 7

Gentoo GNU/Linux

Yes, it is called Windows. Fuck CLI bullshit, fuck Apple. Windows is the best of all evils.

Slackware
You don't even really use it, it just works and does what you need

none
they are all shit and i hate using computers but i dont know what to do if i stop.

>the thing about windows is that it stays out of your way and is so reliable (if you dont install random third party hacks and registries onto a pirated copy, that is) that you kinda forget its there. its like youre not even on an OS, the applications are just there. if that makes sense.

Bruh
WSL/NTFS/powershell are there to get in your way. It's so laughably unstable, that on a fresh W10 pro install I had a bsod just from plugging in a usb headset.
I guess microsoft has been slapping your face for so long, you've learn to enjoy it.

OpenBSD is legit enjoyable but it doesn't run wine and it makes my laptop too hot

>just works though
Meh, if you have a shitty laptop like me every second of using w10 is suffering. I would say w is better is you don't want to have to learn any commands to use the terminal

Only serious answer I've read in this board but since it isn't baity at all I'm reporting you

BeOS, and by extension Mac System 9

Xubuntu with the Chicago95 theme to make it look like Windows 95. I know many anons say "retro interfaces are shit on modern oses", but idgaf, it has that charm of the old days of computing when you felt like you were exploring a new world. Granted, nowadays 95% of stuff 95% of people do is done through the browser, so it almost doesn't matter what os you're running.
It's like we ended up in the past — kind of — because one can go to an internet cafe and do actual work cause now we have office programs that run in browsers.
I know you said OS, not DE, but this is just what I feel makes sense.
A really enjoyable OS to use, but completely impractical, is plan9. It has so many innovative features, it's quite polished — considering how much work went into it — it takes the unix philosophy and turns it into magic. Acme is seriously one of the most amazing things ever, pure computing, and it's in my opinion the killer app of plan9, brilliant piece of software.
Plan9 makes *nixes look like windows. It didn't become popular because it wasn't a revolution, like unix, but an evolution. I wish we realised just how big of an evolution it was.

Thanks