Satania Desktop Assistant Thread #2

The goal of this project is to make a desktop assistant similar to BonziBUDDY.

There was a lot of interest and a good amount of people willing to help in the previous thread. A lot of good ideas were shared , but we gotta start with the basics.

#1 First priority is to have Satania chilling on the desktop. Someone gotta take the first step and publish some code in a repo, and the rest will surely follow suit. Look in the previous thread for important information about how to achieve this.
#2 Someone gotta host a matrix instance or an IRC server where development can be discussed more easily.

Previous thread

Attached: 1639014935490.png (677x671, 349.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

rosegray.sakura.ne.jp/macopix/index-e.html
github.com/chimari/MaCoPiX
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Why Satania? This is going to cause IP issues. If you are at all serious about this being a publicly available project (under GPL of course) it's better to create an original character. Just comission someone on fiverr to make an obviously inspired yet technically distinct character for you to use.

building on this, why not go ahead and get them to create a 3D model (we can rig it ourselves to save money). That way it'll get a lot easier to add kawaii animations and stuff

As someone else suggested it would be nice if the character was easily replacable. I'm not very familiar with IP issues, but we could always use touhou characters and have satania as a mod ig. I doubt we will catch the attention of Satania's creator, but if so, then that would be kinda based.

Good idea. There would also be an existing wealth of tohou model files to use as a set of default characters that the user could then extend as they please

Godspeed Anons.

>first thread in the post is some legalcuck freetard talking about muh jeepy L
stop being such a downer man. also stop being a freetard.
make the code without a loicense. loicenses are just unnecessary useless bloat in your project. and use whatever IPee you want to use, who gives a shit about muh copyright. just do whatever you want fr no cap.
i literally have a repo of modified leaked microsoft source code hosted on github (a microsoft company) and they havent taken it down.

I suggest SPPL license for maximum corporate seethe

Attached: 1640142489171.jpg (472x472, 33.39K)

>stop being such a party pooper man. Be a cuck and a moron like me!

I actually designed something similar to what's being desired here. Called Spookieware. It wouldn't be hard to recreate it and just use satania

blessed digits

>rosegray.sakura.ne.jp/macopix/index-e.html
>github.com/chimari/MaCoPiX
>tfw you will never be part of a japanese circle in the early 00's
my sorrow is immeasurable and my night is ruined

I would preffer something like an oc, maybe some drawfags could share their characters that represent better this board (no trannie OC).

Some proof of concept

Attached: swappingActually_works.webm (841x576, 2.66M)

You're fired from the project, we don't need some nontechnical dumbfuck whose first 2 suggestions are "do something else" and "pay someone else to do it." KWARB.

Compiled the program from the second link and it seems to work.

We need a browser extension that detects the words iphone, ipad, and "Apple" in case sensitive to make Satania laugh whenever those words enter the viewport.

>Someone gotta take the first step and publish some code in a repo
Why don't you do it? It should be very simple.

>no trannie OC
gonna have to subvert and sabotage your project from the inside, sorry fren

The simple fact that i don't know any relevant language. I can only make websites like a pleb...

Attached: 1637166740639.gif (480x270, 392.02K)

checked, but i think some user with a bit of opengl experience should start at least the frontend repo.

I thought we could use the source code as a base. I was wrong, the code is trash. the mascots are cute though

The programming part may be simple, but who the fuck is going to draw a bunch of frames of Satania? Can even a single person on Any Forums draw? I doubt it.

I'd recommend separating every part of Satania into layers. It makes the process a lot more streamlined.

I work in deep learning and can do graphics programming nigger. I never intended to contribute though. I was only making a suggestion

I spent quite some time living in Japan and know some lesser known voice actresses and chika idols, one of them might be able to make a Satania impression. The laugh might be too distinguished to be able to reproduce though.

It should be a mac app that just laughs at you the whole time