Laptop choice

I want to stop being a retard, Any Forums can you help?
- I want to dedicate the next few years to evolve from being a script kiddie to something more respectable for myself.
- I want to try pentesting, web development and I try to be privacy conscious.
- I cannot decide on a laptop choice to save my life. I have $3000 to throw around.
- I want the laptop to last as long as possible, and I'm not sure gaming laptops are designed for that? Maybe I'm retarded
- I do care about screen size, anything below 15" is unaccepteable.
- I feel like 16:10 screen ratio is the goto, but that's just my shitty zoomer preferences

What should I buy? Razer Blade 15-17? Thinkpad Z Series showcased in CES2022? ASUS G15/M16 2022? MacBook Pro 16"?

Attached: media_EajDx2RXsAA-IZW.jpg name=orig.jpg (1536x2048, 627.03K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ebay.com/itm/373904311416
inet.se/kategori/28/barbar-dator?filters={"352":{"type":"PropAny","any":[3659]}}
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

buy a thinkpad and install some unusable distro for Any Forums

you can get a decent enterprise turn in thinkpad for a little over $100
ebay.com/itm/373904311416

What a beautiful book cover and absolutely cringe title

Can you put the good keyboard in these models?

You have to learn the underlying technology, not "how to hack". Start by installing Linux and torrenting gentoomen library from installgentoo.
>zoomer pref
You're a retarded zoomer, anyways good luck.

>>- I feel like 16:10 screen ratio is the goto, but that's just my shitty zoomer preferences
Where have you seen 16:10 screens zoomer

I currently have no machine to install shit on, it's why I'm here

thanks

ASUS M16, new ASUS G15, and MacBook Pros

inet.se/kategori/28/barbar-dator?filters={"352":{"type":"PropAny","any":[3659]}}

Actually, quite a lot more.

well get the 16 inch macbook pro then
checks all your boxes

nothing done on a computer is respectable

Thinkad X1?

you don't need anything more than a beat up thinkpad to accomplish all those goals. if you want to spend money the framework is a solid futureproof choice

the really important thing is to not spend much time on the computer at first - read books, do the exercises with a pen, attend lectures at the local college, open your laptop once or twice a day to apply what you've been thinking about. looking at screens for 14 hours a day and constantly swapping to stackoverflow tabs is what makes you retarded, not having the wrong laptop

>I want to dedicate the next few years to evolve from being a script kiddie to something more respectable for myself.
>- I want to try pentesting, web development and I try to be privacy conscious.

A super duper blazing fast laptop won't help you with what you're wanting to do.
see

>looking at screens for 14 hours a day and constantly swapping to stackoverflow tabs is what makes you retarded

I basically treat the internet as my sole source of knowledge. Is that really not the best way to learn?

I know this feels like a waste of time, but indulge me if you can. Can you offer me an alternative source of education (I cannot go to any uni right now) to start? I was thinking udemy/freecodecamp, but that's basically going against what you are saying I should do

We all fall into this trap. K&R and SICP although memed here actually got my foot in the door. Do exercises. Make programs it can be simple. Repetition helps a lot. Get some hardware that gets the job done. Thinkpads have great support which is why theyre recommended.

Thank you very much. I see them on the installgentoo, I'll give it more of a read, even though some info seems a bit outdated (for example, laptop buying device)

framework laptops seem good. easier to upgrade than others too

pentesting/security? there are conferences EVERYWHERE. there's probably a hobby group that meets regularly if you live near a big city. a lot of cool shit and networking happens in person. even if you just sit in a corner and attend the talks, you'll learn a ton

video courses aren't all bad, but they're more to learn specific technologies after you build a solid foundation. for example learn python from a person or book, but learn how to write metasploit modules in python from a video course

there are billions of books for learning fundamentals but it's easier if you're being held accountable and delivering projects in a course. if you can't learn physically where you live, an online graded course with a live instructor is the next best thing

The Web Application Hacker's Handbook 2nd Ed
The Hacker Playbook 3: Practical Guide To Penetration Testing
Gray Hat Hacking 6th Ed
Gray Hat Python

>I want to stop being a retard
>anything below 15" is unaccepteable
LOL.
My laptop of choice for doing work on the go is a 10in about the size of that book and I've been more productive on it than you ever will be on some $3000 whatever.
Larger screens are fine if it sits on a desk all it's life but just massively inconvenient, heavy, and fragile