Poor children can't afford computers

>poor children can't afford computers
>terminals exist

When will people wake up, stop buying expensive Raspberry Pi shit that can't even run MS Teams and read about glorious HP/Dell/Fujitsu X86 terminals?

Attached: IMG_20220107_090255_1.jpg (2360x2360, 990.83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

parkytowers.me.uk/thin/hp/t620/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Large companies that buy those in bulk and write them off on their taxes when they get rid of them every year is not a sustainable way to subsidize computing for poor children.
If they did suddenly become popular enough that enough poor children were receiving them, their used price would skyrocket just like cheap optiplexes did not even a year ago.

Attached: kigu footy.jpg (4096x2731, 1.61M)

I want her to give me a footjob. I bet it'll feel good.

Kids need something with a GUI for most of what they do. A terminal might be useful for learning IT stuff, but most of them ought to have at least a chrome book or entry level laptop/tablet.

That is a thin client, not a terminal.

*optiplexes and thinkpads.
This goes into another point, things only stay cheap when they're undesirable but not nonsalable, you people need to stop telling normies about your hidden gem obscure cheap computer brands, all it takes is one normie youtuber making a video about it for it to explode in popularity and ruin it for everyone else.

It's the modern equivalent of a terminal, a thin client that only has enough power to support a web browser to access some corporate intranet thing.

Attached: 7ft tall kigus.jpg (2731x4096, 1.54M)

Is it better to destroy this hardware or to pass it from corporations to kids?

I run Xubuntu Desktop and Windows 10 on these 4-core AMD APUs with passive cooling ;^.

4-core CPU, 1GB+ shared GPU with 8/16/32GB RAM is good enough to run Windows now.

>I run Xubuntu Desktop and Windows 10 on these 4-core AMD APUs with passive cooling ;^.

based

I used to dual boot Win 10 and Kubuntu but I'm thinking about just switching to Xubuntu

I don't dislike the idea of thin clients, but they're basically weak laptop internals in a desktop box.
It's a worst of all worlds situation for the home computer user who has so many options in used computers.
You're adding the price of a monitor, keyboard and mouse too, right?
You might as well get a used thinkpad if you're so poor a $200 purchase is worthy of scrutiny.

barebone thin client with X forwarding?

parkytowers.me.uk/thin/hp/t620/

A thin client is designed to access a networked machine.

is a rpi intended to help poor children afford computers? wtf is your point

What is a terminal?
An endpoint that connects to a networked machine.

In this century "thin clients" are powerful enough to run everything locally. Just put a 128GB SSD inside, 16GB RAM and you are set.
I bought my T620 with a 32GB SSD (Windows 8 model).

Yes. This was the point and their idea.
Retards pirating roms on Raspberry PI was never the point.

It's where the americans search your ass

I've been wanting to do this for a while, is there any way to make hardware acceleration work when using firefox or chromium over X11 forwarding?
I can't even get hardware acceleration working if I connect to localhost over ssh -X

I have a VPS and recently realized that it is useless as it doesn't run X. I can't run hexchat on it. What's the point?

The founder of the VPS is literally gay with earpiercings and the spokespeople are now GREEDY women with an attitude.

Time to move in the name of X, I guess.

Use X11VNC.