Are pinebooks the new thinkpads?

Are pinebooks the new thinkpads?

Attached: a-closer-look-at-the-pinebook-pro-199-linux-laptop-530584-2.jpg (1490x771, 60.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.voidlinux.org/installation/guides/arm-devices/index.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

no

They are the new macbook air for poorfags

Attached: 86205601.png (1400x900, 702.36K)

lol no
>slow as shit
>arm, so can't use any uncucked distros
>no upgradable parts besides shitty eMMC
>manufacturing defects widespread

>ARM
lmfao

Attached: rpi4_is_a_joke.png (913x472, 48.26K)

docs.voidlinux.org/installation/guides/arm-devices/index.html

Adding to this: for those who don't know the PISSbook uses an ARM CPU that's exponentially more dogshit than the one on the raspberry pi 4.

Attached: 179.gif (989x1186, 1.34M)

untrue, the rk3399 is marginally faster iirc and doesn't have that weird gpu boot up thingy the pis have

Its a great openwrt router

>dual-core A72
vs
>quad-core A72

It's complete and utter dogshit mate, just a glorified dust collector in the long run especially when you consider the absolute state of hw accel on loonix.

>no LAN port, have to use USB NIC
>garbage AP6256 wifi chip with single antenna

> Its a great openwrt router

Attached: thatfuckingcat.jpg (600x593, 312.46K)

are you forgetting the 4 A53 efficiency cores? im not defending it but it is overall generally a better chip

>arm
>comes with man-jaro
JFL

Attached: debil.jpg (259x194, 6.47K)

If you NEED a FOSS system, you can use this laptop just fine. Just avoid using a modern browser.
If you already do everything from emacs, use IRC rather than discord, you're golden.

what era of history are you living in? this laptop was from ~2012

And yet it is still faster than the one OP posted

Oh shit you're right, I completely forgot how AMD curb stomped the 2500K with their FX-8350 and dabbed on intel for a decade. My bad.

I like my arm galaxy book. Amazing battery life and no fan running windows
It feels like what a "chromebook" was meant to be.

The web is kind of essential for any laptop. I'm not sure which browser would perform well enough to use on something like this, modern or not.

No, the screen made my eyes bug out. I'm as hardcore as freetards get, but I'm not ruining my vision for this. I have one and it is boxed up. I'll use a rock64 attached to a proper monitor if for my full freetard needs.

I'm waiting on the Acer 513 with a MT8195 chip. Sounds like panfrost will support the GPU on that before it ships, and it's as fast as a dual core Macbook Pro 2016 according to geekbench.

ARM doesn't bother me, but nonexistent quality control does.
Laptops from legitimate companies are unreliable enough.

Nope, it's FrameWork.

Attached: 1612495344281.png (793x681, 560.39K)