from en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Internet_Explorer :

>>Since Internet Explorer is a Windows component and is included in long-term lifecycle versions of Windows such as Windows Server 2019, it will continue to receive security updates until at least 2029.

there's so poor faggot at microsoft who's gonna be a patching FUCKING INTERNET EXPLORER UNTIL 2029!!!! that is fucking funny. this thread is dedicated to laughing at him

Attached: Internet_Explorer_2_logo.png (500x165, 24.9K)

He's making more money than you.

lmao
bumping

absolutely based tbqh

Was IE ever a good browser? Was it good for anything at all besides supporting stuff for governmental institutions?

Attached: DotCom.jpg (248x250, 6.49K)

IE5 was fucking amazing. Anyone that says IE was bad is a larping zoomer, you had to be there. Netscape was a pile of shit and IE was not only fast, it was fucking bundled with windows, even better! Microsoft didn't just abuse their position, they made a better product.

Microsoft reached their goal of dominating the web when they got 95% marketshare, so they disbanded the IE team and hired pajeets for basic maintenance, that's when it became bad, it just stopped getting major improvements.

I went from netscape to firefox basically skipping IE 5 and after so I wouldn't know.

not old enough for netscape but ie was fucking shit in early 2000s. my friend had opera which he just was "like internet but faster". i didnt know dick about computers back then so i didnt know how to install or use opera or any other browser on my own computer. at some point i learned and i installed firefox. immediate 10000% boost to browsing speed it was like i had been accessing internet with potato my whole life.

>it was fucking bundled with windows
AND they released a version for UNIX, so it's not like you were locked into Windows until they had a monopoly (which was the plan all along of course).

I just opened it for shits and grins. Whatever use it has is overshadowed by the fact that Windows won't let you use it. Anything typed in the address bar automatically opens Edge.

>updates until at least 2029
It'd be nice if Apple or linux supported their stuff for that long.

>I just opened it for shits and grins. Whatever use it has is overshadowed by the fact that Windows won't let you use it. Anything typed in the address bar automatically opens Edge.
Is there any way to stop this behavior?

i went from IE to Firefox and never looked back. Microsoft can suck my cock.

Attached: Screenshot.png (1100x700, 173.95K)

Attached: img-2022-01-30-14-13-40.png (700x315, 75.65K)

IE in the 90's was like Chrome today. Why (weren't|aren't) people flocking to (Netscape|Firefox) (back then|today)? Because their developers dropped the ball and their browsers suck ass.

Awe fuck me. Don't know why I didn't go for the simple answer from the get go. Thanks user.

reminder that you still need IE to display explorer gui in windows (source: install windows embedded standard, windows shell depends on ie engine)

thanks microsoft, it has been fucking shit since w98/w2k

>reminder that you still need IE to display explorer gui in windows (source: install windows embedded standard, windows shell depends on ie engine)
So its basically Explorer Subsystem for Internet.

No, more like Explorer is coded in the boomer version of electron

It was good for downloading better browser after weekly xp reinstall.

For some time everyone used Netscape, then MS integrated IE4 into Win95 and Win98 and normalfags only used that. Both IE and Netscape had issues back then. Netscape had issues with the proprietary bullshit MS introduced, and IE had trouble with new standards