/spg/ - Smartphone General

Samsung Galaxy S21 FE Edition.

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: ezgif-3-2c01f25b80.jpg (1500x1000, 86.37K)

Would Apple really be pushed around by carriers? But maybe they'll realise that if they want to compete on device sales in that market segment then 5G would be a plus

>SD8 Gen 1 is another housefire
>Exynos 2200 likely even worse (Samsung hasn't published any performance improvement figures which is telling)
>OnePlus 10 Pro shit
>Xiaomi Mi 12 series shit
>Galaxy S22 pretty much same as S21, nothing new unless you're a stylus-fag

It's still early but 2022 is not looking like a good year for Android so far. Dimensity 9000 phones can't come soon enough.

Emulators on PC have complex keyboard setups that allow you to play shooters and even games like MOBA's without issues.
But what if I want to stream my phone to desktop and play that way? Scrcpy with some basic settings does that over USB with barely any noticeable lag... but the controls...

bro that isn't the question, please help

I did say push, not push around which has a different meaning. I'm sure Apple stands to benefit too or otherwise they wouldn't be doing it.

>But maybe they'll realise that if they want to compete on device sales in that market segment then 5G would be a plus
Exactly, you can get 5G Android phones as cheap as $200, at the price the SE is selling practically all of the competition is 5G capable.

is the phone visible in device manager?

Every premium phone should come with 1TB of storage MINIMUM. Prove me wrong without sounding like a corporate cuck

Apple still has a history of keeping their product line up simple. From what I gather there have been some discounts on the SE 2020. I think the question is, what benefit is there in keeping the SE 2020 when the SE 2020 is out there? I think the line up would be so different if Jobs were alive today. Probably 3 phones, an entry level a standard and a pro.

my phone is at 34gb / 128gb storage usage right now, why would I want to pay more for something that I have no use for?

I'm saying premium phones. If you're paying a premium price for a phone, you should be getting good specs all around

>Look onoine for drivers for your phone. Should be on pixels website under support or something.

If Jobs was still alive I bet they wouldn't have put the notch on the MacBook Pro. That thing is just so ugly.

>no open source drivers
>obsolete after 3-8 years
lol@Any Forumstards buying this trash

You can extend a phone's lifespan with custom ROMs

What's the best phone on the market today with an SD card slot? Not buying a phone without one.

>If you're paying a premium price for a phone, you should be getting good specs all around
What I consider part of "good specs" are things like display, camera, chipset, design, things that can be rated on a bad-good scale. Storage is not bad or good (ok, you could bring up file speed here but it's not an issue on premium phones, the all have fast as fuck storage), it's either enough storage or not enough storage. What use is 1 TB for me if I'm not even close filling 128 GB? The extra space wouldn't improve my experience in any way. If you were to say that all premium phones should have 1 TB as an option I could agree with that but 1 TB minimum is pointless. It's undeniable that 1 TB storage costs more than 128 GB does, and phone manufactures would not just take a hit on their profit margins so all that 1 TB minimum storage would to is make premium phones even more expensive than they already are.

True. Unless they have SD card alot.

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-192956_One UI Home.png (1080x2316, 1.86M)

Xperia 5 III or 1 III.

This

SnapMEME is about to meet its match. The MediaTek chads are coming

Attached: dimensity_9000_1.png (678x438, 262.75K)

>tfw exynos 2200 will trash them both

>"NOOOOOO YOU CAN'T WANT A GOOD CAMERA IN YOUR PHONE! All phone cameras are bad, why?...well...they're just bad okay? After you spend 700 on a phone you MUST spend another 700 on a dedicated camera! You absolutely MUST do this, because you will NEVER take any good photos with a phone! EVER!"

Attached: highres-sony-cybershot-rx100-12_1343918068.jpg (3301x2272, 1.15M)

user, please don't toy with my heart like that

I want to go back to the early days of galaxy when Exynos demolished Snapdragon but early benchmarks already show them roughly on par with each other

Attached: 1600190717412.jpg (645x640, 66.99K)