Being a DevOps is a meme and the worst trash job in tech ever...

Being a DevOps is a meme and the worst trash job in tech ever. It's just being a sysadmin which is also shit but with more cloud shit and even worse tooling and memes. How can I make the jump to become developer? I already know C, C++, Java, Python, Go, JavaScript, HTML/CSS and Haskell.

Attached: 1_EBXc9eJ1YRFLtkNI_djaAw.png (1982x1020, 114.57K)

Me too want to know how to become PROGRAMMER sir i know Java, C#

I find it quite bureaucratic thinking only, everything has to deal about access and reliability when downtime and scalability just don't care at all

I'm 2mo+ trying to deploy prod a Jenkins and there is always "but what if..." and honestly I have just said that the only safe way of implementing a CICD is actually an instance for each dev, like their sandbox u know? Just prepare a generic jenkinsfile that builds only author's commit with their cloud permissions, it is going to be expensive, but is better than a giant monolith that everybody use for all projects and is basically a superuser of multiple accounts

The best way is to play dumb and never show you can run any of your written software outside of your IDE, making you completely useless at releasing your software and useless at deploying it.

It’s an old trick all developers use to stay forever cozy inside their developer role, so they never get tapped on the shoulder to move into Devops or release.

Of course, if the entire company is developers who can only write software that they can’t show runs outside of their IDE, then the company is eventually going to either go out of business or you all get sacked when the company is bought out.

Basically, never shows you know anything about developing outside of the IDE (especially not showing any command line skill). It’s a game then of shitting on devops people in your niche clique of developers who know the game is to band together to avoid being drafted into devops.

If you’ve started out in devops, I’m sorry but you are screwed. There is no shifting back into developer roles because no one ever wants to go from developer role to devops. Basically you are a pariah.

First hand experience here.

TLDR: you are never going to move roles unless you quit and go work elsewhere.

Or just don't be a shy retard and say
"Ok, I'll do it but only if you increase my pay by *insert desired amount, but slightly unrealistically high here*%
Most likely the employer will say lol no keep doing your thing, if they need this really badly you'll be able to wipe your tears with the shittons of money you'll get

>If you’ve started out in devops, I’m sorry but you are screwed. There is no shifting back into developer roles because no one ever wants to go from developer role to devops. Basically you are a pariah.
This is my issue. I do all the shit jobs so developers can masturbate over interesting tasks and I have no time.

>TLDR: you are never going to move roles unless you quit and go work elsewhere
Fuck. I guess you are right.

kekkels at my shitty company having no devops dude and the entire testiung & integration has been broken for months and developer tools beginning to break

just do your job we love you fellas

They already increased my salary a lot, like very much but it's a doomed project that there is no way it's going to fix itself because everyone is sabotaging and the devs just don't care and when I say screw devs I can fix it they are like no you are only to do the DevOps shit.

Precisely. This is my experience to. You need to develop the ability to stick head in the sand and pretend someone somewhere else will fix it. It requires real insincerity because developers usually are intelligent enough to do the task.

DevOps isn't a real job but it's treated like it is. If you're a "DevOps Engineer" it's because the company has no idea what they're doing and that's why you'll be a glorified sysadmin computer janitor. Look for SRE jobs instead and you'll get to work with all the nice technologies and you'll make twice the average developer salary.

>just do your job we love you fellas
Fuck off. You only give us shit and we are like the buffer between all departments and never are our contributions recognised. We fight with the worst tooling ever, hideous trash like terraform, ansible, ci shit, kubernetes and we are the cheap whores of all the other departments. Fuck you and your cloud. I want everything to burn.

>Look for SRE jobs instead and you'll get to work with all the nice technologies and you'll make twice the average developer salary.
Shit too. Fuck terraform, aws, cloud and shit.

nice opinion bro, enjoy the tiny salary

Yeah. Wipe the tears away with the big money that is terminated in 3 months time when the project fails to deliver due to impossible timelines. This is what makes devops shit. You are put front and centre apologising to the customer while the developers fail to meet their targets affecting your delivery and holding you to ransom, while they circle jerk masturbate over the technical amazingness of their amazing code.

Guess who gets sacked first on the massively paid role.

>I say screw devs I can fix it they are like no you are only to do the DevOps shit.
Then you have two options
1) do fuck all, 4hrs a week DevOps and enjoy the comfy salary
2) quit

>If you're a "DevOps Engineer" it's because the company has no idea what they're doing and that's why you'll be a glorified sysadmin computer janitor.
This. I speak from experience. DevOps is a meme. Should be called cloud janitor and being woken up in the middle of the night because the shitty software broke again or fucking aws decided to crash again.

hey fella chillax, you don't want to compete against me in job market and i don't want to compete against you. stay devops, u crazy diamond. i love you.

> just do your job we shit on you devops because we are too smart to be hoodwinked into that role, by pretending we are too stupid to do anything outside of an IDE.

Based.

>Guess who gets sacked first on the massively paid role.
The DevOps. We are blamed for everything and if we do some magical shit and make the crap the developer shit out to work with some crazy hacks the developer takes all the credit and the retard doesn't even know how his trash software is deployed or compiled. I fucking hate everyone and everything.

What the fuck does DevOps even mean? Developer Operations? SRE? Software Resource Engineer? I hate all these gay acronyms and abbreviated word mashups.

Nothing. It's a bait terms to bait retards like me to do shit jobs. I got memed, and now I have to search for a new job.

Like I said above, look for Platform Engineering and SRE jobs. Those are advertised by companies that know their shit. Even some DevOps jobs are alright. Not all of them are just janitor work.