Been using linux for a while now but not a complete linuxfag

>been using linux for a while now but not a complete linuxfag
>just an interesting system so why not
>fell for the meme
>been installing gentoo for the past 4 hours
>nowhere near finished

fuck you trannies

Attached: 1643546083653.jpg (640x427, 24.65K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors.xml
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>unable to follow simple instructions from a manual
ngmi

>Fell for the meme

You brought this upon yourself OP

Wow, Gentoo makes incels seethe? Switching back now.

Attached: 1643546416619.gif (475x273, 3.35M)

Why would some one follow 10 hours of instruction, when they can install a similar system in under 1 hour?

>just follow instructions for half a day bro its that easy

kys

Attached: 1643546271830.jpg (550x768, 65.4K)

fpbp

Attached: lel.png (200x193, 29.55K)

I just slowly installed my system on a seperate partition over the course of a few weeks doing a small bit every day so that I'd know what I wanted.

>>just follow instructions for half a day bro its that easy
Yeah? Do you have some reading related disability or a zoomzoom attention span?
Gentoo is easy. Things start getting harder when you do things where the manual doesn't babysit you through each step.

Test

This is how gentoo cures your distro hopping tho. You won't want to throw away everything that u spent 24 hours compiling

"simple" instructions are inherently limited unless you're lucky enough to have the manual's ideal system

I installed Gentoo on 3 very different systems, each time with manually-configured kernels. Every one of them was well behaved enough to follow the handbook. Keep coping, noobuntu.

come back home white man

Attached: FEgIWzMXMAgZN-0.png (1200x514, 270.44K)

1) fdisk /dev/sda && mkfs.xfs /dev/sda1 && mkswap /dev/sda2 && swapon /dev/sda2 && mount /dev/sda1 /mnt/gentoo/ && cd /mnt/gentoo/ && links gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors.xml && md5sum -c stage3-*.tar.bz2.DIGESTS && tar xvjpf stage3-*.tar.bz2 && links gentoo.org/main/en/mirrors.xml && md5sum -c portage-latest.tar.bz2.md5sum && tar xvjf /mnt/gentoo/portage-latest.tar.bz2 -C /mnt/gentoo/usr && nano -w /mnt/gentoo/etc/make.conf && mirrorselect -i -o >> /mnt/gentoo/etc/make.conf && mount -t proc none /mnt/gentoo/proc && mount -o bind /dev /mnt/gentoo/dev && chroot /mnt/gentoo/ && env-update && source /etc/profile && emerge --sync && cd /etc && rm /etc/make.profile && ln -s ../usr/portage/profiles/default-linux/x86/desktop make.profile && cp /usr/share/zoneinfo/US/Eastern /etc/localtime && cd /usr/portage && scripts/bootstrap.sh && emerge -e system && emerge vim && emerge gentoo-sources && cd /usr/src/linux && make menuconfig && make install modules_install && vim /etc/fstab && passwd && emerge grub vixie-cron syslog-ng dhcpcd && cp /boot/grub/grub.conf.sample /boot/grub/grub.conf && vim /boot/grub/grub.conf && grep -v rootfs /proc/mounts > /etc/mtab && grub-install --no-floppy /dev/hda && init 6 && emerge kde-meta mozilla-firefox libreoffice && emerge --sync && emerge portage openssh

2) reboot

Attached: 1643515370769.jpg (1512x1726, 763.02K)

nigga what

Attached: 1643557182304.jpg (1080x849, 52.92K)

>no-floppy
wrong
>fdisk /dev/sda && mkfs.xfs
No.

I've been using Linux since maybe 2006 and I never installed Gentoo. It's not like it's mandatory, use whatever you want. Gentoo doesn't try to hide that it takes ages so it feels like you should have known what you're getting into. Of course it takes a long time, it's Gentoo.
I noticed you never got an answer for this question which is pretty funny. People can only mention how they were able to do it, not why they had to do it.

Turn back now before it's too late. Don't bother with Gentoo, it's a waste of time and effort that won't provide any real gain over simpler, easier distributions.
The only things you're going to learn are Gentoo/Portage-specific arcana that is ultimately irrelevant outside of Gentoo.
Stop listening to internet people and install a decent distribution instead.

Imagine if we had machines that were built for the express purpose of, hold your jimmies, *following instructions*. Crazy, right? Imagine how much time we could save if we had such amazing technology!