Is there any pitfalls with using randomized filenames...

Is there any pitfalls with using randomized filenames? I turn it on throw the schizos off my scent trying to dox me but I wonder if it has some hidden tradeoff I'm not aware off.

Attached: 1619052305703.jpg (1920x1080, 211.52K)

It causes AIDS

>I wonder if it has some hidden tradeoff I'm not aware off.
like what, retarded nigger? you think that its going to cause your computer to generate mustard gas?

>use randomized filenames
>can't find files again

Like for example, all my posts with an image have a unique unix timestamp.

Attached: 1612232547543.jpg (622x767, 85.05K)

As long as you're not retarded enough to post images with identifying metadata attached, I don't think anyone can dox you based off the weeaboo images you post on a Korean basket-weaving forum

I've seen programs that offer to remove the metadata. I think you could do that in a hex editor if you have absurd amounts of free time or are extra paranoid about a particular file

As someone who used to work creating a DAM system that processed image and video metadata for a living, you could totally do that. The question is why you just wouldn't use one of the gorillean programs that already do this?

Many of them are open source, or if that isn't good enough for you, the three main metadata standards are open (EXIF, XMP, MIE) so you could just write a small program that parse these and blank out all the fields.

Depends if you randomize it every time you post it or only once.
If you only randomize it once and then keep reposting the same image with the same name, people can easily search for it.
Connecting the dots between unique filename like "NdQ7ldAY1u6YkOB0.png" is a lot easier than "anime.png"

The lack of metadata + unique unix timestamp is itself a metadata, just not in the way you are used to. I'm starting to think it's borderline impossible to avoid building a profile unless I outright stop posting images. I'd be happy to be proven wrong though.

Attached: 1629266940910.png (800x459, 240.12K)

>I'm starting to think it's borderline impossible to avoid building a profile unless I outright stop posting images.
If you're afraid of building a profile, you shouldn't be using the Internet at all. Your ISP is collecting metadata about your internet traffic client side, and the NSA is similarly collecting metadata server side. The browser you are using is tracking you. Google and Facebook are tracking you through ads.

Makes it harder to look up you own posts in the archives.

I don't usually reply to retarded posts like this but I'll humor you once. There is a thing called threat modeling. It's not humanely possible to hide from any and every adversary even if you're specifically trained for it, i.e. a CIA undercover agent. They get found out all the time and sometimes even get killed. So you pick and choose who you want to hide from. Are glowies a part of my threat model? No. Why would they be? Are schizos who dox people for a chuckle a part of my thread model? Yes they are. Because I've seen many lives get ruined after these people use the dox to do things I won't mention here, because I don't want to give anyone any ideas.

What if someone posts a preferred Any Forums way of doing that data scrubbing? Then you'll just be one in millions

>Why would they be?
To prevent political opinions from ages ago from keeping you on some list, or higher up on the list

If you're talking about the 4chanx feature there's a high probability the names are unique, but realistically I don't think it would be possible to guarantee that you didn't really just save that image from somewhere where it was uploaded on February 1st, 2021. It's also worth considering that other people are using the feature and so their file names are just as random as yours.

I'm personally hopeless at this point, as I've been under surveillance by glowies for a while now. Long story, but my old mentor blew himself up and I made the mistake of driving him to the hospital. Strange people approaching me with oddly specific information ever since.

I'm what you'd call a "high-profile target" where they can justify a larger and person-specific budget at this point. I don't think I'm hiding from anyone but it gives me unbelievable mental anguish

doesn't matter just use an adblocker and don't post illegal

If you don't want to be doxxed, use a user script or addon that randomizes the names of files that are uploaded.

>change image checksum
>remove metadata
>randomize filename

Attached: 1643551552331.png (665x1145, 126.07K)