Why dont we use Skype?

Skype achieved perfect balance between the coverging worlds of extremely online nutcases and your normie relstives - your grandparents used the same platform as the homofascist estonian furry you sometimes talked to.
Nowadays? Your relatives are on Whatsapp. The genuine freaks are on discord. Your relatives actually use the more privacy friendly platform (p2p encryption enabled by default - something Telegram is missing) and its owned by Facebook. Discord is far, far worse.
So where does the middleground lie? Do your relatives really want to use a platform like Telegram where people regularly bombard each other with stickers of gay furries bumming each other? No - but what about Skype? Skype is professional, and in addition, Microsoft's jannies wont close your group chat for saying the n-word too many times. Skype also allows you to avoid the worst of the loons you find on platforms like Matrix - true mental nuts. You know the type. Skype is like salt for those slugs.

Attached: Skype-Logo-2005-2006-700x394.png (700x394, 17.94K)

tl;dr

bloated slow shit and telemetry

I used to use skype, until microsoft bought it out and completely ruined it, and I mean COMPLETELY ruined it.
Everything went downhill after microsoft switched from peer to peer video calling to their centralized scheme so they could spy on you.

When was the last time you used it? It was ok 10 years ago, it's barely usable on mobile. There is one group chat I keep it for and I am always astonished at how bad it is

discord legitimately has far worse telemetry yet you use it daily

i stopped using skype when everyone i knew from tumblr decided to start using kikechord :/

So what do you use now?

Microsoft bought Skype and made them publicly disembowel themselves, and then everyone moved to discord in one go. That's what happened.
Then discord added more 'web forum' like features and killed off all the forums on the internet.
The reason there is so much psychotic shit in Discord is because discord servers go through all of the 8 year lifecycle of a webforum in 8 months.

Because it is fucking awful.
Video quality is shit, audio quality is shit. Half the time the calls connect with some kind of video or audio issue that requires restarting the call.
It's easily the worst.

Attached: images.jpg (640x353, 17.53K)

>go through all of the 8 year lifecycle of a webforum in 8 months.
The webforum I'm using is 12 years old now and still running.

I preferred Skype but stopped using it after Microsoft bought it and kept breaking it. It got to the point where mobile notifications weren't going through and half the time there was no notification sound at all on PC or mobile. Messages frequently stopped going through altogether. Reluctantly moved to Discord because at least it works. Call quality is better as well. I do miss Skype though.

MSN was better. Skype was trash in comparison.

Microsoft chose trash, over something that was better in everyway. I'll dislike skype because of this notion.

who said that you faggot
they are both bloated slow shit and they spy on you

Because MS ruins everything it acquires and enough people moved to Discord to make Skype irrelevant except for boom-booms and wagies.

ah yes, user, you don't use discord..... and... let me guess you also use... hahaha... l-linux daily... right? and... you don't use steam because it is drm... right? ... hahaha and... let me guess... you're... OH NONONONO... unvaxed...? HAHAHAHA
and you expect me to believe any of that!!?? lmfao
you DO use discord.
you DO use windows.
you DO have a phone that spies on you.
you DO use google.
you WILL be spied on and you WILL shut up.

this

>take ur meds schizo

What killed Skype is the same thing that's killing FaceTime: the servers were hot garbage, so everyone left for a better platform.

if your doctor doesnt want to put you on meds theres something wrong with you

Attached: images.jpg (236x236, 9.14K)

I don't do any of those things. Stop projecting.