I haven't used windows since 7, are 10/11 good? I just want a proper, functioning operating system

I haven't used windows since 7, are 10/11 good? I just want a proper, functioning operating system.

Attached: Windows 7 Whopper.png (600x419, 452.18K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/testing/x86/rezolus-openrc
yro.slashdot.org/story/16/06/10/1350245/visual-studio-2015-c-compiler-secretly-inserts-telemetry-code-into-binaries
kernel.org/doc/Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-intel_pmt
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>are 10/11 good
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
no

>I just want a proper, functioning operating system.
Then install Windows 7

Does it get security updates still?

8 and 10 were hot garbage.
11 is a return to form. You can disable telemetry and automatic updates. The ui is great looking. It has a few small bugs but it's being updated every few days to fix them. It's coming along nicely. If there's still something you don't like, it's really easy to change. I really like 11.

No and the extended support ends in March.

>You can disable telemetry and automatic updates
Can you provide a picture?

yeah

Windows 10 is basically win7 with slow tablet GUI bolted on
Windows 11 is the same but more bloated and with options missing that were standard since windows 95

Sure thing.

Attached: 20220116_022955.jpg (4000x2252, 3.37M)

This is Windows 11 home by the way. Not even pro.

Shit, might be worth installing, thanks fren

They're removing bloat. Why is this bad? Lol. I bet you $10000 that you are only aware of the missing bloat due to seeing a post about it or a news article. You didn't actually ever use any of it.

This doesn't disable all telemetry, it only affects a few of the things they collect (supposedly)

Play with it in a vm. See if you can get used to the new UI. Remember nothing is set in stone and everything is a registry change away, or in services.msc.

I am aware of it because I tried it and it's not possible to have text labels in the task bar or to launch task manager from it. And no those were not "bloat". Kill yourself normalfag.

is there some trick I have to do with the tpm stuff?

>he blindly believes the placebo switch does anything

Attached: ltsc_pathethic.png (1230x863, 722.91K)

>What is Ctrl alt esc?
Learn how to use a PC.

Oh and to op, at the user creation screen, Ctrl, alt, del to make a local user to bypass the online user.

I have tested it with Wireshark. I provided an entire thread with pictures ages ago. Eat shit freetard.

>What is Ctrl alt esc?
Something that can't be easily entered without a keyboard. Do you think I'm retarded?
>Ctrl, alt, del to make a local user to bypass the online user.
Or just don't connect to the internet during that part of the install.

Yes, yes I do. If you don't have a keyboard on a PC.

link? Can't seem to find it

This means nothing as a update tomorrow, yesterday or some incoming magic bytes can change everything

Your use case is not the only one that exists. Kill yourself spastic retard.

he haven’t lol

hitting start and seeing candy crush/tiktok

Imagine being a pedophile in constant fear.

I hate all of these fast food burger places just for how they've warped my image of burgers as a child. Until I tried making my own I always thought burgers are supposed to taste terrible and unhealthy and after having just one I just assumed self-made ones can't taste that much better or are at least not worth the time.
Fuck McDonald's

that looks fucking delicious, i'll order 7 of 'em

As opposed to what? Name one pc that's existed that doesn't have at least the ability to use a keyboard. The only one killing themselves here will be you my tranny friend.

I can't imagine not being able to have 100% trust in your Operating System anymore. Not even a pedo, it's just creepy and unsettling to know you can be watched.

Attached: chad-meme-idlememe-6-300x400.jpg (300x400, 9.46K)

I don't want to have to connect a keyboard to my tablet just to open task manager
Also some of my test machines don't have keyboards plugged in
And nice how you focus on this issue and not the other shit they removed

As you can see op, the only ones who are scared of windows 11 are pedophiles and doomers. If you're neither you should be fine. I'm unaware of any reasons not to use Windows 11 that don't hold up under scrutiny. Windows 7 was fantastic. Better then xp in my opinion. 11 isn't better than 7. It's right between 10 and 7.

Friendly reminder that you're hardware is backdoored, not because of microsoft, but because of glowniggers.

Attached: CIA Glowball.png (399x314, 177.55K)

Imagine being a Windows luser constantly in fear of updates. I think I'll update right now
All packages are up to date
And if there are updates, they're quick to apply, apply to every program on the system (not just the OS) and I only have to reboot (if I want) for kernel upgrades (and there's a way to avoid that too).

Attached: windows update.jpg (1173x1012, 262.14K)

just remove the camera, microphone and don't do anything suspicious

>Not the first post from this IP
kill yourself

>It's right between 10 and 7.
seems comfy

Because everything they removed I never used. Simple as.
So disable the telemetry. If you don't trust the switch, there's guides on how to block it but it does, at least for now, work. It's not just a placebo switch. Stop being a pedo and stop worrying about things. I don't trust Linux. Kde, sysvinit, selinux, and God knows what else contains telemetry. At least Windows is up front about it and disabling it actually works on windows unlike Mac os which lies about it's privacy.

Says the scared pedophile

>you can disable telemetry
yes, run a script you downloaded from some russian's site, that totally works
>oh nyo it reenabled on every single update!
I guess just rerun your keylogger i mean "debloat script"

>automatic updates
>I can pause them for 7 days that means I disabled it
why would you want to disable updates? especially on an oft-targetted system like Windows? Oh, that's right, the update system is horrible, takes forever and often fails.

>u can change anything!
>ACKSHUALLY you can't even put the taskbar on the sides or top
BEST. WINDOWS. EVER*

*best version of Windows released since 2021, user experience may vary due to the fact that they're using a black box that could be literally doing anythign with your data, created by a company who likes to sell your data, have a lot of fun!

Attached: gb-encouraging-you-can-do-anything.png (1000x1000, 1.18M)

>Because everything they removed I never used. Simple as.
And that's why you are a normalfag.
>there's guides on how to block it
Blocking via hosts file does not work if that is what you are doing
>Kde, sysvinit, selinux, and God knows what else contains telemetry.
retard alert
>pedo boogeyman
kill yourself

It really is. They're bringing back the task manager button for all the whiney bitches. It's sincerely a non-issue.

Yeah actually you can put the task bar wherever you want now. They updated it. Eat shit and die.

>Is scared of telemetry on Windows
>Is fine with telemetry on Linux
The absolute state...
Windows 11 is really really good IMHO. Yes 7 was better but it's dead. 11 is getting fixes all the time. I think by summer it'll be perfect and you'll see all the 7fags singing it's praises.

windows 10 is like a medium-well steak while windows 11 hasn't even been put on the grill yet. If you can't wait then choose 10.

My life is largely my computer. I can't have some random corpo have the ability to profile all of that.

I know but I don't consider this a reasonable threat to me. Never heard of any of such stuff be exploited against anyone, and I'm literally nobody, not even a pedo.
But using software that is known to scan faces of the photos I open is not acceptable to me.

First, hacking windows is never bulletproof, second, it's more effort than using Linux.
And I'm still not a pedo.

I'm using gentoo and dont have telemetry related shit on my system

Honestly I didn't have a problem with 10 but so many did. I didn't like the flat ui but it was fine. I'm glad they're bringing back skeuomorphism. I understood the hate for 10, but to hate 11 because 10 is really not giving it a chance. Android support is coming in March with a new task manager and ui updates that "fix" some of the "issues" people had like open here and task manager button.

>it's more effort than using Linux.
unironically this

Are you using sysvinit? Kde plasma?

hes using openrc you retard.
Also, sysvinit is literally just a bunch of shell scripts. I think you mean systemd.

>started win10 update
>reboted to linux
>put some more files on the win10 hdd
>some days later rebooted to win10
>black screen, crashed during update
>apparently there was not enough free space to do the update
>reboot
>BSOD that indicated that the registry is fucked
>reboot to linux to look at windows partition
>realize that the upgrade wiped the WHOLE registry
>windows is braindead without the registry
>system restore also does not work of course

Attached: doomguy.jpg (960x960, 73.57K)

Yes I am using KDE with the telemetry disabled at compile time. Also what the other poster said you fucking retard.

Attached: image.png (992x348, 39.3K)

No I meant what I said. Systemd doesn't contain telemetry.
pkgs.alpinelinux.org/package/edge/testing/x86/rezolus-openrc
Openrc contains telemetry and it's enabled by default. The absolute state of Any Forums freetards...

Oh you trust that switch but not the one on Windows? So strange... Why are you like this user? Take your meds. Also remember to disable the telemetry in openrc?

8.1's the last remotely decent Windows version

No, it isn't

Based gentoo chad

Retard, this is disabled COMPILE TIME. The ability to send telemetry is literally absent from the software, and you can confirm this yourself as well.

That's not openrc, that's an addon for it that someone wrote for alpine linux which does not even exist on gentoo
The difference is that I can look at what is happening when I do that on linux but not on winshit.

>better than Vista or 7
>better than 10 or 11
Is too

>8.1
>better than 7

You can remove it from 11 with some tools. I think I figured it out. You freetards lose whatever special ground you have when proven wrong about this issue. Grow up. I enjoy Linux as much as the next guy but sometimes you just have to get work done.

yes

You can look at what's happening with Windows. Stop believing your own made up bullshit lies user. It's really not good for your psychosis.

That's debian lol. It's why I use Arch when I choose to use Linux. Only 3 letter agencies tell you to use things like fedora and debian...

Can you confirm it has no spyware even after you mutilite the binaries? You cannot. On Linux you can since source code is available.

Good luck trying to remove the windows kernel! by the way telemetry automatically is built into everything compiled with a recent microsoft compiler.
yro.slashdot.org/story/16/06/10/1350245/visual-studio-2015-c-compiler-secretly-inserts-telemetry-code-into-binaries

Yes you can. It's incredibly easy. We have tons of tools that are open source like Wireshark. Take your goddamn meds.

And of course the retard also uses arch.
lol

Attached: Archfag gets GASSED.png (641x1378, 760.02K)

>Users who have a copy of VS2015 Update 2 and wish to turn off the telemetry functionality currently being compiled into their code should add notelemetry.obj to their linker command line.
From your link.

So you're saying Gentoo, Debian, and Mac os all stink and windows and arch don't? Hahahahha

Yeah and how many third party programs do have that nonstandard option enabled? Go figure.

Are you retarded? 10 minute Wireshark log isn't proof. How do you know you just haven't logged long enough? How about magic NSA packets? There's no feasible way you can prove such things don't exist when you do not have the source code.

My firewall blocks it when they do so it's a non issue my pedophilic friend.

>microsoft spins up a new server
nothing personnel kid

Nsa is hardware level not os level. Also when was the last time you read the Linux source code? I'm guessing never.

That's not how telemetrics work my pedophilic friend. See I have nothing to hide so I don't give a rats ass.

>Nsa is hardware level not os level
>NSA_KEY
nothing personnel kid

>Also when was the last time you read the Linux source code?
Not an argument, there's thousands of people doing it all the time, DEVELOPERS. If any of them finds anything suspicious and raises the alarm, all trust in the project or software is forever gone.
In theory anyway, literal malware has been found in Brave multiple times yet it keeps being popular even among linux users for some fucking reason (shilling)

Woah the NSA uses arch by the way ...
Mind blown.

Attached: Screenshot_20220129-232459_Chrome.jpg (1439x1638, 312.88K)

>Depends on others to think for him
And this is why I know that Windows doesn't spy on me when I disable it. Because I don't require other people to do work for me that I can do myself.

Okay you're either just a troll or 80 iq retard

kernel.org/doc/Documentation/ABI/testing/sysfs-class-intel_pmt
By the way the Linux kernel has telemetry from Intel and AMD baked right in.

fpbp

Nope seeGod I love pwning you freetards. It's like shooting fish in a barrel.

Wheres your god Linus now? Hahahahahahaha
Freetards BTFO!!!!!

Isn't Linux great? Enterprise telemetry features are well documented and of course can be disabled at will!

As can they on Windows. Idk why everyone freaks out like spergs unless they're pedophiles with tons of cp to worry about.

You're not even trying to pretend you're arguing good faith

>I haven't used windows since 7, are 10/11 good? I just want a proper, functioning operating system.

That's funny.

No user it's not that they're pretending to be retarded, they're literally too dumb to comprehend these arguments
just don't bother

WHERE THE FUCK IS THE WINDOWS 11 BURGER

>doesn't address anything else

Based.

yea but will my gpu drivers work on windows 11. so far even later versions of windows 10 like 1909 dont have working drivers where i get stuck in stretched 480p and no multimonitor support. only 1509 works. nouveau on linux literally makes my hardware more usable because it doesnt have this issue. why would i give a fuck about windows when i cant even use it even if wanted to

>are 10/11 good?
no, 7 is the last good one

If newer versions of windows kept Aero then i would actually upgrade. Sadly none of them do, and thus will always remain pajeet tier garbage.

Windows 10 is pretty good. Don't know about the 11, haven't used it yet.

>you can disable telemetry
user, …

10 is fine, been using it for years
11 feels like an os for tablets, probably is

I wouldn't know

Attached: 2022-01-30_22-08-33.png (422x477, 34.34K)