Is there any way to be a software developer and not insanely depressed?

Is there any way to be a software developer and not insanely depressed?

Attached: file.png (805x436, 140.4K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-YO__TXy0p4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

holy kek
i just write code
my life is fine. Why do HN trannies ruin their lives by grinding CS and getting a FAGMAN job straight out of college instead of just taking it easy?

get a real job instead of typing at a computer all day

This is not a software developer problem, this is a socially awkward dude problem.

He goes to places for socially awkward people and is astonished he meets socially awkward people and failures. Woah, who would have thought.

Yes, your peers are changing diapers. But here's a brilliant idea - you are a man and women love older men with resources. Go to places where these younger women are and you will solve your problem.

What will not solve your problem is yapping about it on hackernews, because as you may have guessed, young women are not known to hang out at hackernews.

None of this has to do with his career, other than he is wasting his life by dedicating it to work.

It's kind of a bizarre problem to have. He's a highly paid professional, he can afford to take even a five year long sabbatical in a place like Spain, enjoy sun, good food, drink, beaches and women without even fearing going bankrupt.

yeah it's called a work life balance

lmao I was about to post this

this HN post seems like bait lol

manlet bros...

Attached: hn.png (552x92, 16.36K)

>because as you may have guessed, young women are not known to hang out at hackernews.
Whodathunk
Next you're going to say the bay area is a monotown and the lack of women in tech means it's just a giant sausagefest which drives away women who might otherwise want to live there
In all seriousness, moving out of the Bay to Chicago was absolutely amazing since hearing people talk about the latest JS framework or whatever at bars, restaurants, coffee shops, etc made it impossible to escape work. I felt like I was going to go insane with how people only ever seemed to talk about code

This. He even admits he has no hobbies or skills besides coding.

>short guys looking for girlfriends
wtf man. I didn't expect this ambush in a completely unrelated post.

Attached: 1585402490949.jpg (968x681, 185.22K)

>Go to places where these younger women are
Where are those?

Still a good job scene after the move?

Have hobbies and dont overwork yourself

Attached: 918EC62E-8FA5-47EF-B083-B36F22AB8802.jpg (612x765, 50.75K)

>a guy who doesn't know how to spell 'thought' has a better life than you do

Attached: p91qn8vjezw41.png (1280x703, 1.33M)

t. Creepy old dude that everybody talks about

Attached: 650852C9-B682-40C5-8E39-CD314436C171.jpg (1080x1306, 136.09K)

Step 1, don't frequent hackernews.

Yeah, by being a normal person. So basically we're all hopeless. You can hire a NEET and pay him a respectable salary. But he's still a hopeless NEET at heart.

english spelling is retarded desu. i've stopped giving a fuck and i encourage everyone else to do the same. if anything in this post is spelled 'correctly' i assure you it's entirely out of old habit

family planning clinic

it's just being spoiled. everyone i know who went to school for cs and never had a job outside of it is like this, while the people who did something else first and then switched all love it and are extremely grateful just to be in the field (even if they're eating shit at a job i know i'd hate to have)

> while the people who did something else first and then switched all love it and are extremely grateful just to be in the field (even if they're eating shit at a job i know i'd hate to have
Yup you get paid bigbux to work 4 hours a day remote? Wtf is there to complain about?

Yes. Just don't be a faggot.

he's too picky with friends, he doesn't want to hang out with other loners or ugly women when he probably fits in with them more than the 'cool' people he idolizes.

It's not as good (it would be difficult to compete with the bay for quantity of tech jobs) but there's plenty of posts. Lower salaries, of course, but it's cheaper to live here
I've changed jobs twice since moving here, and both were from people I met who happened to hear about internal openings and put me in touch with someone
The lake effect is not to be underestimated. I enjoy the cold, and I can still get annoyed at just how cold it gets

Just get a remote job

Fair. I love the density and walkability of NYC but its living conditions are ridiculous. There are times I want peace and quiet and you will not achieve that in NYC if you want to also utilize its walkability. You'd have to go in a far as fuck away borough and completely rely on public transport.
Chicago definitely lets you have both, for a good price as well. Been there and it's just a lovely place. Probably the best major city in the US

My current job will let me stay fully remote if things ever return to normal
But I do like it enough here that I plan on staying
Chicago has good transit if you're in the loop. Outside the loop, it just gets progressively worse. PACE buses usually have crap service intervals
THat said, even the suburbs can be fairly walkable. I live in Oak Park and I could probably get away with selling my car, but I visit the morton arboretum often enough that I would miss it. I do have the option of taking metra or el, though, so I can avoid the crazies (most suburbs don't have that choice)

Ever go adulting in barcades? FAGGOT

>niggers
>peace and quiet
living in the US is unbearable if it takes you less than 30 minutes to get to a store

No place that doesn't let you own an arsenal of guns and inflict rapid cavitation on the skull of any nigger who trespasses on your property is worth living in.

>just give me your rights so you can have walkability and barcades, goy
pic related

Attached: I HATE THE ANTICHRIST.png (720x1252, 431.83K)

I've heard the south gets a lot less love than the other parts of Chicago, mainly because that's where all the violent areas (that make people think Chicago is a warzone when its not) are. I've also heard a lot of the public transport is focused on getting people into the city rather than around the city, which would explain how it does so well. NYC is definitely about getting you around the city and it just has terrible reliability + cleanliness
You have it really good user, having a great open green space to visit is SUPER fucking underrated when it comes to location
never stepped foot
living in cities gives you a shit ton of benefits. its not like what you think it is from media. big cities can be very comfy, clean, and quiet. and even ones that arent have good neighborhoods that you can simply place yourself in.

I've dated more women in their 20's in my 30's than I did when I was in my 20's. If somebody laughs about it privately, I don't give a shit.

He's not wrong, there's a lotta women out there that want somebody more mature because many men in their 20's are absolute idiots.

LARP or youre fucking post-wall women

Some spots in the south side can be pretty sketchy, which I know from helping people move and wondering if I should've worn trashier looking clothes based on my surroundings
It's certainly not Cabrini Green anymore but I tend to stick to the Dan Ryan when passing through there
And yeah, the transit is focused on getting people to and from the loop. Kinda like how the NYC trains are focused on Manhattan, though I think the grid system and relative lack of water bodies make the buses slightly less radial

wassup fellow short kings

32yo male from Australia who lived overseas for 3 years and has a current body count of 65. Seethe and cope.

>only 65 at yo
Exactly.

Anyway the biggest problem is that you dont meet as much women as you get older

lmao stay mad incel

friend of mine dated a late 30 something year old guy when she was 18, it's 100% that women have daddy issues

Exactly what?

You really think the guy isn't aware of that?

what do you mean, of course they would be

100% of women have daddy issues

See 65 women at 32 years old isn’t that high.

Well there's always going to be somebody better than you, I'm perfectly happy with the current rate of a new one or two every month on average.

lmao he didn't realize this IS the life after the great reset, why even bother working? he's gonna type useless bloated codes until the day he volunteer into the suicide pod trial anyway, just buy bunch of drugs and hookers, od into heaven.

>People have a hard time meeting women
>65 at 32 is a low number
Which is it retard? Only a virgin believes your nonsense incel nihilism anyway.

the startup culture in SF is also incredibly annoying
maybe its not as bad as when i left, but it was like being surrounded by the worst professors i ever had but they're stereotypical techbros talking about how theyre gonna "change the world" and what not when statistically youre either going to
>get gobbled up by oracle or some other giant, your team will be dissolved in a year or two because your product actually sucked/wasnt profitable enough, and you end up working on soul-destroyingly bad cosebases
>within the next few years your VC $ run out and the stock options they gave you in leiu of a decent salary turn out to be worthless
and usually, it's option B
but if you mention this , suddenly youre the bad guy!
i swear it was like i was living in a twilight zone episode

Having a loving partner works pretty well

One does not need validation from stupid ideas that you need a woman to have a good life
I've never felt the need to have one for status like my peers, and as a result, I don't have anything chaining me to any one place, I am truly a free man
More people need to wake up to the scam that is the expectation to date, it's not natural

Okay

Have sex

What's it like being a shrunken corncob?

This.
All it takes it just having an interesting hobby and meeting with people who share it. Just not some normie dance classes.
If there is no group like that, make your own. It takes a bit of charisma and effort, but you can totally form group and do parties and shit like in collage. You just have to meet and get to know other people.

>More people need to wake up to the scam that is the expectation to date, it's not natural

I suppose your parents never had the bees conversation with you. Dating is actually... Quite natural if you think about it.

Literally this

That's not a software dev problem, thats a manchild problem.
>"nnnoooo i wanna have a party and drink the alcohol like a child and play vidya!!!!"
Funny how its "a consolation" that he thinks having kids and a house is a negative.
Also, those loners and short lonely guys or aging women? Thats HIS social equivalent lol.

It's the midwit's dilemma. They have to surround themselves with people who they see as inferior so they can maintain their own mental delusions of being awesome, yet they know that surrounding themselves with retards is pure suffering.

>HAVING A WIFE AND KIDS IS NOT NATURAL, MAN WAS MEANT TO BE FREE BY WORKING A TECH JOB MAKING APPS FOR TEENAGE GIRLS TO SEND NUDES WHILE I JACK OFF TO BLACKEDWAIFUS ON /GIF/ AFTER A LONG NIGHT OF PLAYING CALL OF DUTY

>65 women at 32 years old isn’t that high

Attached: STD.jpg (279x360, 26.32K)

Get sunlight, do hobbies outside tech.
"Take care"/listen other people and be cool, no some angry/anxious/depressive/negative nerd hating/worrying everything.

This. The person who wrote the post is the same kind of person that would say something like "going to the gym won't do anything, bro." He is just a whiney faggot.

>body count of 65
Disgusting

I stopped looking after about a decade of no success. I have learned to be content with hookers.
t. 5'5" user

>everyone I meet is too dumb, ugly or short so I don't want to associate with them
>boo hoo woe is me

I hate it here so much. I can't wait to leave but places like MT are almost as expensive as here and I'd be taking like a 60% paycut (I'm an electrician by trade, for now)

yes it is you dipshit. this guy is a slut and probably has the worst of chancroid.

people are ungrateful and that makes them unhappy. 99% of these "I'm depressed" stories. when you have money and all the necessities comfortably covered, you go higher on the hiearchy of needs. the key to a happy life is to never forget the bottom levels as you move up, or else your happiness will crumble.

I felt WAY better when I had a gf, I still miss her after years because she had to leave this place and we didn't break up in a bad way

As someone with a "real job," your work is unlikely to amount to anything unless you are getting mankind to the next level of civilization.

you're a superficial whore who is forever tainted

Not just a socially awkward problem, someone who has no work life balance and didn't develop any new hobbies, skills or friendships. This fella changing careers won't help him, if anything will mask his problems and will lead to more horrible issues.

No different from someone who things a relationship will fix their depression, when they need to focus on improving ones self.

am i the only one who doesn't see the appeal of a long-term partner?
i mean, sex is great, but the idea of having to compromise almost every aspect of your life to be with someone else seems soul draining
i just worked for 8 hours and you expect me to hang on your every word as you get worked up over some pointless bullshit?
not having to deal with people is comfy desu

>3 years and has a current body count of 65
77 in one day

Attached: breivik.jpg (512x289, 27.26K)

DIDNT ASK
HAVE ASK
INCEL
youtube.com/watch?v=-YO__TXy0p4

Seethe cope dilate

Is this what happens when we convince normies to take CS
Who the fuck needs a social life?

No. This happens when an extrovert finds career in an environment inherently suited for introverts.
I just can't feel sorry self-inflicted wounds.

No.

>what zero work/life balance does to a man

Hit the gym, clean up your diet, read history books, make wise financial investments, clean your house, get a haircut, go out and socialize with an optimistic mindset, and see how much better your life becomes.

It took for this guy to reach his fucking 30s to realize that devoting all of your time & effort into programming is a BAD idea that will lead to a severe under-development of other aspects of your life.
He seemingly has his career sorted out, now he just needs to develop everything else in his life.

At least he isn't flipping burgers for $7 an hour with a $65,000 debt hanging over his head. That's a plus. He just minmaxxed his career, and now he's suffering literally everywhere else. Shame.

For a happy life, in order of importance, you need health, money, strength, and women. He only has money.
Get on it. Clock is ticking.

Attached: 12220111175252.jpg (1080x655, 117.21K)

>Why do HN trannies ruin their lives by grinding CS and getting a FAGMAN job straight out of college instead of just taking it easy?
unironically autism/aspergers

Yes. Just like every other profession in the world.

> partner

> happy life
sounds degenerate

>tfw short software developer guy with gf

Not "happy life" as in "get drunk as often as possible and become a whore.
Moreso "happy life" as in "find a healthy work/life balance so you can actually relax without feeling ashamed for not being productive 24/7"

fuck normalfags

>health, money, strength, and women.
note that the last one is a couple orders of magnitude more of a pain to attain than the other three

Absolutely. The first three aspects definitely help out a ton, but it's still a struggle for most men.

they hated him because he told them the truth
this is why every time i see another retard getting owned in court in divorce/child support cases i don't even feel sorry

>20 some year old
>Post wall
Holy shit, kill yourself you disgusting pedo.

>the last time I had fun was in college
Stopped reading right there. Real incel schizos autists are not allowed to have fun ever. Get off my Any Forums. 42 year old schizo virgin here.

hole cope

Attached: 1639198613231.png (263x83, 3.09K)

Devilish trips checked

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 113.69K)

Most of the time, the cause is being terminally online.
99% of internet discussions are eristic nonsense, don't confuse them for your real life and don't give them any of your time and energy. The internet is a wonderful invention, but it can become an enormous source of unnecessary stress if used improperly.

Happiness is the most misconstrued notion in the public consciousness. People think it's something like a function, with the goal of keeping the y axis as high over time. It's not, it's more like the derivative of a function: you feel "happy" because not long ago your situation was shit and you improved.

Achievement, fulfillment. These are the things to aim for. These things make people "happy" long term.

You just didn't find the right person user.

>happy life" as in "find a healthy work/life balance so you can actually relax without feeling ashamed for not being productive 24/7
Impossible for me. Being productive 24/7 is my coping mechanism. I know it doesn't scale and I'm being accelerated towards a dead end with no salvation but I can't help it.

/thread

>Is there any way to be a software developer and not insanely depressed?
yes, it's called not being a weak faggot.

Developers are pretty low in the socioeconomic hierarchy anyways. They are low status and perceived as nerdy, lazy creeps with no ambitions (which is true).
Chad from the finance or sales department commands these dev minions around and gets a lot of attention from females. I still wonder why this board is so surprised that telling a woman one is a dev immediately dries out their pussies.

Personally I enjoyed my time a lot more when I had someone to joke and talk about stupid shit with rather than now when I sit at home in silence and drink.

>normie discovers self help
On the side, I never understood why low IQs romanticize programming, because at the end of the day you’ll add some useless features to CRUD application #2794616848.
If you really want to have a career then follow your artistic passion or study medicine, law or science. Software doesn’t make this world a better place and if you don’t autistically love it you’ll always be part of the bottom 40%.

>in his 30s
>peak of his career
>still a dev
If you aren’t in a manager position by age 35, then you are a failure and should have picked another field.

>while other people picked fields that they are passionate about, I picked a field only for the money
>why am I miserable and my serotonin is low?
This shows that tech is mostly filled with people not smart enough for a high status field. It’s usually the autists with no friends that become devs and slave for chad who bullied them at school.

Lol some faggot moves to the suburbs for half a year and thinks Chicago = The Loop.
You're not from Chicago. You didn't even move to Chicago. You live in the suburbs. Just shut up.

I'm the opposite, kek. I try to do the least amount of work possible. As long as I'm hitting my deadlines, I'm good.

>I never understood why low IQs romanticize programming
They have nothing else in their lives, so they cling to programming because it's something that can help them build an identity.
They also use it as an ego boost, as the public perception of "coding" makes it seem like an impossibly difficult field that only super geniuses can even contemplate working in.

Software developers get depressed the same as any person. It’s about not having a weak mindset. You could be a depressed lawyer all the same. At least it gets you fairly much money.