What went wrong?

what went wrong?

Attached: d27d6379-9d71-489c-9e88-7a27ea5abda4.png (471x128, 52.9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2015/3/6/8161251/utorrents-secret-bitcoin-miner-adware-malware
torrentfreak.com/utorrent-is-now-ad-supported-and-how-to-disable-121111/
torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-inc-buys-µtorrent/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Greed

watch the video, like, subscribe

This is what happens when software doesn't respect your freedoms.
It's also a travesty that nobody has written a free software torrent client with the same minimal just works spirit as uTorrent 2.2.1

dont forget to donate to my patreon and buy my NFTs. Im also launching a new cryptocoin, we're going to moon fellow broskis!

i still use utorrent 2.2.1 there's no better torrent client

The company behind it became more and more greedy and filled the program with ads.

2.0.4 is the last "good" version
2.2.1 has ads and the ugly icons and is a big meme
All versions are extremely vulnerable btw so it would be retarded to use them today

>2.2.1 has ads
no it doesn't

The ads and anti-features started pouring in with 3.0

>find content (sung sponsored google search and internet explorer)
>new apps! (javascript trash with ads)

>not ads
retard alert

Attached: image.png (739x458, 47.44K)

And for reference this is what 2.0.4 looks like

Attached: image.png (1194x754, 485.28K)

You could easily ignore them, everything just turned to shit after 2.2.1

>tragic
why are people so melodramatic

Also, many trackers, private and otherwise blacklist excessively outdated clients and certain chinese shitter clients that allow you to leech but not seed, 2.2.1 is explicitly allowed even though most old versions of torrent clients would be blacklisted

There were also people who swore to never upgrade from 1.x versions
>just ignore the bullshit even though there is a better version without them

Attached: image.png (1108x776, 138.13K)

All relevant trackers now blacklist all utorrent versions because of the security issues.

>24 minutes when it can be explained in 3 letters
ads

yes, this is why I dont even watch youtube """""""""""video essays"""""" anymore, these things would be blogposts not even 10 years ago

Ads and crypto miner
theverge.com/2015/3/6/8161251/utorrents-secret-bitcoin-miner-adware-malware
torrentfreak.com/utorrent-is-now-ad-supported-and-how-to-disable-121111/

I don't understand why people would go through the effort of using an extremely old and vulnerable version of a client instead of just using an up-to-date, clean, open-source client like qbit or deluge or whatever

Both of those are shit, I heard that some people run like 5 instances to actually be able to seed a couple hundred torrents properly. I prefer transmission because it actually works, too bad that the UI sucks. What we really need is rtorrent with a proper desktop GUI, someone made one that looked like utorrent but it is a fucking webgui so basically useless.

qbit is great, just works. dont get how people have problems with it.

Buy your video games son, no more downloads.
Now buy your adobe product.

>stalledtorrent
What a stupid reply.

I'll never forgive the cabal for blacklisting Azureus.

>Lying on an anonymous image board
What's the fucking point?

now you've fallen into his trap - any tracker that doesn't ban it will turn out to, by definition, be irrelevant.

he is like this because he is a loser and telling meaningless lies to strangers this is as close to utilizing power as he can come

This is what 2.2.1 looks like,

Attached: Untitled.png (1557x852, 36.37K)

based retard

Attached: image.png (1296x1542, 130.64K)

I've only ever had a torrent stall when it starts. There was an update like 8 months ago or something that rechecks stalled torrents and it'll download if there's peers. Only a total retard still uses uTorrent over qbitorrent in 2022.

And what fly-by-night tracker is that?

Here's a topsite.

Attached: Capture.png (712x665, 26.25K)

i'm not that up to date on the torrent protocol - what's stopping a malicious client from simply spoofing its user agent?

It's animebytes.
>Here's a topsite.
A topsite is an ftp server, not a private tracker.

>AB
Oh, you mean the only private tracker that is eternally BTFO by a public one?

This so much. If you don't have to register your ip and client, it's not private lol.

Cough cough transmission cough cough fragments cough cough picotorrent

Sneed

That's why private trackers exist.

I use transmit qt client and it works fine, no bs

i'll take that as a no, which makes the whitelist is an exercise in vanity

You might want to get vaccinated, hope it's the flu and not the Rona bro... 6 feet back. Here's a n92 mask...

The more obscure stuff is often not on nyaa at all or is unseeded.

Wrong, if it doesn't match the list, and they do check, you get blacklisted.

afaict all private trackers are btfo these days and it's just teens trying to be in the cool kids club

Any untoward behavior can be detected by checking the swarm's reported stats. If someone is reporting upload when nobody is downloading, or someone is reporting more upload than anyone downloaded, you know that someone's lying.

very low iq reply. please sudoku before someone else has the bad luck of having to interact with you.

please explain, in detail, how this defeats user agent spoofing, the point in question. this is Any Forums, so i expect some rigor here.

What's the point of spoofing, moron?

if none, there is no point in banning by user agent either

Some clients just behave badly. The point of banning them is so the users don't get in trouble for their client.

not true, and even if it were, that is not the only place

I uploaded a bunch of torrents there that I got from AB. They simply were not there before. It's pretty obvious that you have no clue what you're talking about so shut up retard

Yes there are clients that can attempt to fake another client
And most other clients can detect it and put a big FAKE in the peer list
It's pretty retarded to think that a private tracker would not be able to recognize that

works on my machine

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-01-29 22-27-39.png (1153x602, 86.43K)

>one (1) torrent total in the client
Not the use case of any actual private tracker user, irrelevant reply.

I'm not a consoomer, sorry

Sold to Bittorrent, wasn't it?

Stop pretending to know shit about things you don't understand.

Considering the rest of this thread, it seems that it's more than just three letters that can explain it.

torrentfreak.com/bittorrent-inc-buys-µtorrent/

ads

I tried watching that video.
> takes 6 minutes to get to the point
> explains very basic concepts with stupid allegories
> doesn't say anything in particular
Probably the lowest quality video I've watched today.

Attached: file.png (850x1200, 703.64K)

I've been using qbittorrent for a year and I haven't had a single problem with it yet. Why have Any Forumstards started hating on it?

can i run 2.2.1 version in wine?

something about it not handing hundreds of simultaneous torrents

so not my problem if I delete the torrent right after I've downloaded what I need?

Yup, it works perfectly.

>uTorrent: 300kb or so
>qbittorrent: 30MB
>both do exactly the same shit
gee i wonder

I seriously hope tiktok and reels kill off these cringe video essays format. Like these shit spent 15 minutes just to make a single point.

damn 30MB is like 20 floppies... I see now, going right back to outdated vulnerable spyware

and qbit chews 31GB of RAM, but ut only 70mb, same torrents.

did you mean TB? qbit uses at least 1237 terabytes of ram last I checked. ut only use 3 kilobytes.

nah, qb slowly uses up all the ram in the computer until there's none left. stupid bloated C++ Sepples shitware using lincuck frameworks.
utorrent is made with native win32 and doesn't have this sort of bullshit in it. just werks.

>he didn't download the qb RAM expansion
ngmi

Stupid winfag you're going to get v&

Fugging leecher!

Was it ever good? Transmission trumps utorrent even in its prime.

i don’t trust transmission ever since someone sank in ransomware into its macOS builds

>30 MB
>large

You could have just said that you want to go back to the 2000s.

I use qbitorrent with jackett plug-in and it's comfy like a Netflix that doesn't suck for all my movie, anime, manga needs.

>m-muh
why should I use a 30mb program that does the same thing as a 300kb program?
why should I use a 30mb program that uses up 31GB out of my 32GB of RAM when I can use a 300kb program that does the same thing using only 70MB of ram?
>uuuhhhhh.... durrrurrrrrr.... because its LE NEW and LE GOOD
updooters get the rope.
using windows 7 btw.

>he pays hiroshimoot
Opinion discarded

what went wrong?

Attached: 20220130_100516.png (815x230, 132.74K)

deluge

That's the fate of all proprietary software.

I'd use qBittorent, but the last time I did, it just refused to open after 20K torrents. I use Transmission now.

qbit has some really bad memory leakage problems
having it open for too long causes a bsod