Do you agree with Linus that C++ is shit?

Attached: ZYX3Y7Gii6P0B9P1rr_3L2qCC5IBd4N7s3u95GUn1lc.png (640x359, 363.29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/ZPPvuF5v
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Pre C++ he was right. Modern C++ is great - it just needs a standard build and dependency management system.

I agree with Linus, fuck Nvidia.

Do you think c++ is shit?

fuck nvidia
fuck oopfags
fuck ballmer
fuck trannies
fuck jannies

>lets a mentally ill faggot convince him to add stupid shit to his project
no, I can't take any word that this moron speaks seriously

>it's great, it just needs one of the most basic requirements for a modern language to be taken seriously

>>lets a mentally ill faggot convince him to add stupid shit to his project
Context, source?

don't care, will still use BASIC

only retarded zoomer webdevs care about language package managers

"Shortly thereafter, he began work on "C with Classes", which as the name implies was meant to be a superset of the C language. His goal was to add object-oriented programming into the C language, which was and still is a language well-respected for its portability without sacrificing speed or low-level functionality. His language included classes, basic inheritance, inlining, default function arguments, and strong type checking in addition to all the features of the C language."
That faggot

It is shit. The only way to make it bearable if you absolutely have to use it (with some fucking OO trash library, for example) is to treat it like it's C as much as possible -- no fucking classes, no fucking other OO bullshit, and so on.
In this way, though, C++ is still better than every other language available except for C.

>my programming language should also be able to send and receive mail

RAII is cool

Who is Linus? Wasn't it that kid from Charlie Brown that had a unnatural attachment to a blanket? Did he create Linux?

Attached: li-color.jpg (1080x1080, 280.51K)

Nix and Guix fixes that

Yes
pastebin.com/ZPPvuF5v

Yes it's shit. And the fact that it stays the number 1 language for game / engine development makes me hate it even more.
The syntax is fucking horrible. I'd rather still play in C aswell

A lot of people who use C++ place constraints on how and when they can use it's features. If you let a team of programmers with various backgrounds and levels of experience go nuts with polymorphism and templates you end up in some kind of techno-Dilbert world.

So, C++ is at once hated and popular.

>If you let a team of programmers with various backgrounds and levels of experience go nuts
applies to every language

Uh, yes? SMTP isn't exactly a hard problem and Python has had it in the standard library for ages.

>it just needs a standard build and dependency management system.

pkgconfig is the best dependency system there is. And it seems to be the prevailing option for C/++ dependencies on Linux.