Piracy is a victimless crime. Seethe more, Linus

Piracy is a victimless crime. Seethe more, Linus.

Attached: 1643500755385.jpg (570x881, 222.1K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IeTybKL1pM4
opensource.google/docs/using/agpl-policy/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes it is. youre just too much of a bad person to see it.

What are you even trying to say faggot? This message has mixed signals. Yes it is as in I'm right or yes it is as in I'm wrong?

youre wrong. the victim is the person who spent many hours assembling whatever you just stole

I didnt steal anything. They still have the original copy. Stealing would be repossessing the original off their machine and keeping it. Like stealing someone's wallet. I just copied data. Copying isnt a crime. If I replicate your outfit, I didnt steal your clothes, did I?

you stole their profits you fuckin thieving nigger.
>If I replicate your outfit, I didnt steal your clothes, did I?
that is a complete false equivalency

Unless I hacked their bank account and took money from them, I didnt "steal their profits". I copied information for a product I was not intending to purchase either way. If I didnt copy that information, they still wouldnt have gotten my money. They wouldn't be complaining if I just don't buy it, how is it any different if I now have similar 1s and 0s sitting on my computer?

>reddit made the piracy thread for the millionth time

Attached: 1643502133922.gif (516x516, 3.33M)

>MUH REDDIT BOGEYMAN
How to spot an election tourist 101.

>But Youtube still had to provide the bandwidth
>Those datacenters aren't cheap!
Excellent. Maybe I'll buy a water bottle later.

Attached: 1633651456196.png (680x764, 350.48K)

same goes for not paying for rent
fuck landlords

niggers like these remind me of PETA faggots who cry over burgers

You don't understand because you've been given everything you wanted so you don't understand the value and profit of a product. Leech.

On the contrary, I understand completely. Despite being extremely profitable, I'd venture to say that 99% of Youtube videos on the website right now do not have any value. None. At all.
>No you don't understand how much time and money went into my twenty minute sponsored video about the new NIGGERBLASTER 9001 laptop with Nvidia RTX 6969 mobile graphics and an Intel i9 12000 degrees Fahrenheit with a four minute Raids: Shadow Legends sponsor segment and three midroll ads
>you HAVE to recoup my cost for me
Sneed.

Attached: dabbing 3d idol.jpg (540x672, 58.73K)

>the value and profit of a product
spoken like a true amerifat

>No you don't understand how much time and money went into my twenty minute sponsored video about the new NIGGERBLASTER 9001 laptop with Nvidia RTX 6969 mobile graphics and an Intel i9 12000 degrees Fahrenheit with a four minute Raids: Shadow Legends sponsor segment and three midroll ads

Attached: 1643317395719.jpg (349x298, 21.69K)

Cute furry t-shirt

>t. richfag who has had everything given to him
Fuck off.

>Bootlicker is mad that information is self-liberating
There will come a day when even the idea of capitalist competition is a total anachronism, because everyone will have the access to such advanced technology that we could just load a mound of dirt into a machine and out pops a pile of bricks for a house. That same technology will also create such advanced weapons so easily that anyone that tries to enclose any part of the world without consent of the rest of humanity will be immediately stopped by his neighbor, by virtue of the memory of the horror of what we had to deal with on the daily.
Working for yourself is good, but fuck work just to make schlomo shekelberg rich.

I will pirate everything the big corporations make, but never that of the little guy, for the little guy making a passion project is my equal

IMO piracy is only justified if you wouldn't have watched that movie/tv show/whatever if you hadn't pirated it
Like, I wouldn't have watched Primer if I hadn't been able to pirate it so it's like Shane Carruth is losing any hypothetical profits he could have made. Actually, he's making more money because I pirated his movie and told a lot of people about Primer.
This is probably not extreme enough for most people here but whatever

it's not like*

Developers of software products should address security vulnerabilities by design. It's their own fault to get pirated.

>consent of the rest of humanity
fuck "the rest of humanity"
if "the rest of humanity" will prevent individuals from being free, "the rest of humanity" dies.

You know, charging people for the DVD or whatever really did bring in a good financial incentive for artists. It's unfortunate that we can't dis-invent torrents. All that in light, I still think crowd-funding is the answer for a freely-distributable source of art where the artists still get paid for their work. The market value would be the amount of value they end up raising, which would certainly put fire under their ass to do it right

>YOU VILL CONSOOM PRODUCT

Sneed

It’s funny how defensive people get when you bring up piracy. If it doesn’t weigh on your conscience so much then why do you starting crying as soon as someone mentions piracy? If it’s ok with you and you can get away with it then do it. If it’s not okay with you then don’t do it. Linus wasn’t even criticizing pirates but even if he was who cares?

Cool. Send me complete dd dumps of all your drives, then.

>Any Forums - Discussion Threads About Youtube Pseudo-stars
>>>/leave/

If it plays on TV, in theaters, or the radio, then it's fair game to pirate it. I can watch it at a friends' house, download it to my DVR, or record it with my phone for free. Might as well let me fucking "steal" it.

Fuck digital advertisements. I don't have an ad blocker on my work PC, and it's fucking unbearable to use the internet there. Only ad should be a small banner ad that doesn't stay in the way, and doesn't track me and alert my preferences to millions of other ad providers.

If companies weren't pushing their fucking globohomo agenda, I would feel less bad about not purchasing their digital products, but at this point, it's almost virtuous to pirate shit from them.

Attached: 1322170789478.jpg (525x798, 126.94K)

No lol. You can have the contents should I choose to publish them, like if I published a game.
Piracy isnt stealing peoples files from their computers. They publish it willingly, I copy the info

>you don't understand the value and profit of a product
If profit is not mine or connected to my profits, it doesn't exist for me. Same as I don't care about the companies where I don't have interests collapsing.
I understand the value some product has for me, and that value is equal or less than the value of the time I spend using it. Unfortunately, if it's less, I cannot get compensation, but that is a risk I have to take. At least I'm not cucked to think that someone else can decide that for me and expect me to pay for something essentially worthless.

>use somebody's music, games, books, etc. for whatever without paying or permission
hurr durr it's not stealing they still have the copy
>somebody uses your code for whatever without paying or permission
guards guards my code has been stolen

>somebody uses your code for whatever without paying or permission
Only companies and that's because they withhold their code from me. If they could they'd legally rape me for pirating their program so I respond in kind.
If I didn't want people using my code why would I publish, especially under GPL?

copying is not theft seethe more canadian faggot.
youtube.com/watch?v=IeTybKL1pM4

>If I didn't want people using my code why would I publish, especially under GPL?
Because it's unironically the best deterrent from big corps from using your code.

opensource.google/docs/using/agpl-policy/

big corps are not people. I don't want them using my code without remuneration.

All the more reason to use the AGPL

AGPL+NIGGER if you want to deter...certain types of people or big corps from using your code.

Then I'll just take them from you, whether you like it or not. Victimless crime, after all.

I so fucking hate moralfags

>that is a complete false equivalency
why? assembling an outfit can be a lot of work

So if I download a movie, I can steal money from hollywood pedos? Sounds great!

based

Oh I do, I thought you were suggesting I was contradicting myself.
I'd like a job so unfortunately I can't.

I hate Any Forums for gobbling up shit bait every time

>american corporations entangled deeply with globohomo are supposedly losing money as a result of my humble actions
All I could ever want from life

Attached: 1635754941880.jpg (1068x601, 65.13K)

this might be the dumbest thing i read this entire week

>doesn't elaborate

if you don't see why what you said is stupid, that's not my problem
reminds me of the shit i came up with when i was 12

i see, you just wanted to vent
also nta

you will not bait me into explaining it to you, negro

@85449636
keyword based bot, do not interact with.

>such advanced technology that we could just load a mound of dirt into a machine and out pops a pile of bricks for a house
We already have this lmao, it's very easy. Have you never heard of rammed earth?