Ad Blocking is theft

Stop blocking ads, /ourguy/ has spoken.

youtu.be/-znPFc-0VS8?t=227

Attached: linus ad blocking piracy.png (583x486, 50.5K)

Other urls found in this thread:

torrentfreak.com/adblocking-does-not-constitute-copyright-infringement-court-rules-220118/
youtu.be/KBXTnrD_Zs4
youtube.com/watch?v=X3NASGb5m8s
cisecurity.org/blog/malvertising/
addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sponsorblock/
youtube.com/watch?v=gyhwYiENo8E
vimeo.com/111943439
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>ad blocking the same thing as piracy
A service problem?

stealing is based

i would steal irl too if i could get away with it

op is a fag like linus

The "content" these people produce isn't worth shit. They should not be able to come anywhere near living off of it.

Seethe more, Linus "faggot" Sebastian

Attached: img-2022-01-29-17-34-33.png (961x506, 51.44K)

>man who makes money on ads doesn't like it when people skip ads.

don't tell him about sponsorblock or he's going to lose it completely

>ad blocking is exact same thing as piracy
HAHAHAHAHAHA

>adblocking is theft
Good, when is this faggot going bankrupt then?

Attached: piracy.jpg (700x525, 119.23K)

ads and this paradigm of content creator monetization neglects market forces and encourages trickery and click bait trash.
It functionally removes the spirit of IP law, to promote the progress of the sciences and useful arts.
Also, linus is a faggot and not /ourguy/

Linus is right. And the kind of people who block anyway are selfish control freaks.

>never heard of Brave Rewards
Why Linux is so retarded?

oh how the turns have tabled

don't care also don't care about piracy everyone else but me is sub human so don't need moneee

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.png (680x788, 116.74K)

>ourgoy
neck yourself linus.

Yes

Honestly, it's your guys' fault that the internet today is majority big companies. You blocked ads. You directly killed small creators for over a decade now. Countless passion projects have shut down because of your selfishness. As a web developer myself, I have the statistics. I can't afford to keep my sites up anymore because of adblockers. You think server fees don't exist? You're why the web sucks now. It's all your fucking fault.

Linus*

>horrible ads burn cpu and datamine you
>i block ads
>adtards make their ads even worse as retaliation
Repeat until everyone is dead

>ourguy
Limp wristed fag with a girl voice is not ourguy. By any merit.

I don't do shitty ads. I don't track users. I just non-invasive advertising. But guess what, you fucks are too lazy and selfish to ever turn it off and see for yourself. It doesn't matter what I do, you block everything. Blocking trackers and malicious ads makes sense but nobody who blocks ads gives enough of a shit to see what sites they can disable it on.

oh buddy, do i have bad news for you.

Attached: unnamed (2).jpg (640x400, 54.18K)

most adblocking users are selfish, lazy, and ignorant BY CHOICE. If you have time to post here you have time see what small sites you can safely disable adblock on and support.

>You think server fees don't exist?
Host for free or GTFO.

Joke's on you Linus I have custom rules blocking your shitty videos from even showing up on my feed.

Attached: 1618435285418.gif (447x343, 553.99K)

There's nothing illegal about ad blocking.

Should be findable if caught desu or at the very least monthly bandwidth cap reduce servely. This is no better than shoplifting and crashing in ticketed events and such.

sure you can run your intrusive javascript on my machine and sure it can use several of my cpu threads just to play back an obnoxious animation with sound as loud as possible while simultaneously collecting as much info about me as possible. in fact here you can put it in a new window and make it impossible to close without crashing my entire browser. i mean hey if I don't like it then that's my own fault, after all if I block it then I am basically stealing.

>gets mad when people watch videos uploaded on the internet for free that are free to view in the way they want.

you just blow in from stupid town?

Attached: avatars-000651472746-7z37tt-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 54.72K)

Attached: 1642270667970.png (462x341, 73.52K)

I know this is bait but if someone unironically thinks like this, you should know there are alternative business models that don't involve ads.... Like subscriptions, retard

fuck this fag lol

Axel Springer disagrees with you
torrentfreak.com/adblocking-does-not-constitute-copyright-infringement-court-rules-220118/

And which circuit is he a judge on?

lol that faggot also sued google for considering blocking cookies

>driving down the highway
>notice a billboard in my peripheral vision
>don't look directly at it, read it out loud, and spend at least 10 seconds pondering whether i'd like to engage with the good(s) and/or service(s) being advertised
>smirk, knowing that I have stolen the value of the good(s) and/or service(s) from the company by not buying them
>i am pirate

get fucked webshitter. If your "content" is of any quality, visitors would have paid for it

Not free you fucking retard. If you aren't paying via subscription or ppv then you are morally obligated to pay via your time with ads. Just because stealing something is easy doesn't make it not stealing faggot. People like you are why we have more malicious ads.

>(((Springer)))

Attached: inquiry.jpg (240x210, 11.18K)

cry about it

git gud

>too retard to seperate 2 different scenarios.
Roads are not payed by billboards you dumb retard lol

>i'm morally obligated to let some magacompany waste my bandwidth and processing power to try and get me to eat cheeseburgers until i die of obesity-related illnesses.

what, did tyrone fit the cage on too hard?

>morally

HAHAHA FUCK YOU

Linus has become so faggy that I only used to use Ublock, now I use SponsorBlock as well. Fucking gay cunt.

You are if you use the services you idiots, you are not REQUIRED to use those services you are CHOOSING to
Hopefully emphasing the points will help you retards to get the point through. Learn the errors of your ways scum.

not yet
>TRAPW

If he wants to use my CPU to run his ads then I'll gladly accept. Since he doesn't I do not run his ads on my computer. Why does he want a hand out?

>small creators
>passion projects
>SHOOT THE DUCKS TO WIN A FREE IPAD

There is no ethical value to advertisement any more than there is an ethical value to traffic. It is your ethical imperative to avoid ads at all costs because any time, energy, or money spent producing or consuming them are a net drain on society. If you wish to monetarily support an entity, do so with money, not with ritualistic corporate self flagellation.

>uhhh if you want to watch the longer, more novel globohomo propaganda then you have to watch the shorter, more repetitive globohomo propaganda first

Attached: 1640518588795.gif (403x360, 112.12K)

sponsorblock is incredibly based, except when some retard flags the wrong part of the video
fortunately i only got that once and

Am I not allowed to block malicious ads? Where is the line drawn exactly?

For a "computer nerd" Linus sure is a fucking retard

It has been legally established that ad blocking is not the same thing as piracy. Axel Springer has tried and failed twice to sue the company behind Adblock Plus on those grounds. Linus is a fucking faggot.

Attached: 3f2.jpg (3000x3000, 367.81K)

Piracy isn't stealing. It's making an unauthorized copy. There is no original thing that one person loses out on

The line is if you don't agree the way that business requires payment then you don't use their services. It's that simple, disagreeing how they do things doesn't mean you can steal from them.

this race traitor/future sex offender isn't paying my internet bills, so he needs to shut the fuck up and die already.

Since Linus is being a giant fag about this, you guys should check out Sponsorblock. It literally skips over his bullshit ass ad segments he puts in the middle of his video

So I do have to run malicious ads if that's how a business requires payment?

doesn't work like that, mongoloid retard. your last iq point is absolutely struggling.

he doesn't give a fuck, companies pay him by the video and not the impressions for sponsors
not that they'd have any way to know you're skipping them

>No functional argument because there aren't any
You are scum, all you pirates are, just accept that and go on your merrie way. You don't have high moral high ground in this just because stealing is easy and too rampant to control realistically doesn't mean your conscience is a clean slate. I don't know why you faggots are so butthurt about that but here we are.

If you choose to make your content available to everybody via a free public platform, you don't get to decide who views it. Linus owns Floatplane. He could fuck off behind that paywall forever if he so chose and nobody could ever watch his videos again without giving him money. He won't do that of course, because it would be financially ruinous and he knows it. He earns FAR more from the Youtube gravy train. He's just not satisfied that and wants even more money, despite the fact that it's been established that his content isn't worth that money, or people would be willing to pay for Floatplane for it and he wouldn't be on Youtube at all.

> NOOOO WHY WON'T YOU WATCH MY CANCEROUS ADVERTISING
i'm not obliged to watch it and i'm free to block whatever i like that comes into my home. you should seriously consider suicide now because it's not going to end well for you or that jewtubing moron.

Tell me how it works then retard you aren't exactly offering a counter argument.

YouTube isnt a free public platform

wrongggg

> i was only pretending to be retarded!
nobody is obliged to anything that chink loving child molester has to say, or what any useless failure of the internet has to say. there's no legal basis at all, there's no laws against it, just nothing but pure cope from jews that keep losing ad revenue year after year. you want to have a youtube account? then you are doing it for free. nobody is obliged to fund your homosexual existence via any means. don't want to release content? paywall it. simple as. we're not going to sit back and let jews profit off us for free. get a real job, rabbi.

Axel Springer is some fag I've never heard of and doesn't write laws

Yes, it is. Link me to a legal document saying that I'm required to view ads or provide any sort of payment to use it.

He's not wrong - it IS the same thing as piracy. There's nothing wrong with piracy though.

top kek user

Attached: 1441331485173.gif (229x176, 987.04K)

this is what these jews want. they want google to treat adblocking like it's piracy so these jewtubing failures of society can save their ever declining revenue streams. that's what it's all about. every year google pay out less money to people, except for their chosen few. it's only getting worse for these low iq monkey people. even patreon support isn't enough money for these greedy jews.

youtu.be/KBXTnrD_Zs4

Fuck Linus.

If I want to stop my computer from running certain pieces of code, or accessing certain domains, I have the right to do so. It's my personal property.

If ad viewership is your business model, it's a shit business model.

Attached: 1606393698674.png (950x493, 68.28K)

So you actually believe people who block ads would buy stuff? Or do you think simply looking at an ad is inherently worth money? Stop grifting companies for ad money and offer some real value, then you won't be having any financial problems.

If you are against adblockers then turn them off and try to browse the web for a few days, especially on a phone

>just spews anti-semantic rhetoric
OK pol-tard
YouTube term of services
And the fact that it's a PRIVATE COMPANY

Multi-million dollars nerd who makes a crap ton of money reviewing shit he's sent for free cries because I won't watch 6 ads on his videos.

piracy is morally justified
A portion of the labor value added of the average worker is stolen from them. Piracy is simply taking a fraction of that value back.

>the people who hate Any Forums are ad loving company worshiping sheep
wtf I love Any Forumstards now

Not only I block ads on YouTube, I suggest everyone here to download Sponsorblock, it skips any sponsored ad inside the video itself.

Whats this one guys problem? Mad his web 3.0 startup failed because of adblockers blocking his crypto miners?

Look
basically I'm just not gonna watch the ads....
UGH I know
I know
I'm sorry.....
It's just that I'm not watching them is all
HAHAHAHA HAHAHAHA

Attached: 1643425038520.jpg (600x354, 58.9K)

all ads are invasive. they're rigorously designed to take advantages of weaknesses in human psychology and convince people they have a hole in them that can only be filled with PRODUCT. The days of ads being "This is the product. Here's what it does. Decide for yourself if you need that" are long, long, long gone. If we ever return to that, maybe I'll consider whitelisting the people who only use that kind of advertisement.

If one fifth his revenue is adsense doesn't that mean ad blocking isn't that common?
I'd like to know what percent of views are played with adblockers.

>WaAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH GIVE ME MONEY AAAAAAA A NOOOOOOOO WHYY
if you dont like it neck yourself and get a normal job nigger kek

based

Well conceding and accepting you are a turd of a human being was my goal, so I do feel accomplished. Glad to see you accept you are a piece of shit, chow.

Actually, never mind blocking the ads and skipping the sponsored content, I don't watch his channel at all.

what racemixing does to a mf

I don't care for the opinions of people about me who have to dilate every day

Attached: 1643166569386.png (759x611, 776.09K)

> private company
what does this even mean, jew? nobody has to do anything that any "private company" says. when you livestream your suicide, please post a link so we can see you swinging from a rope, rabbi.

blocking unwanted connections to your device has nothing to do with piracy. Its a common security practice. he is just spreading FUD to increase his profits.

“Private company” means they can do whatever they want as long as it’s in line with globohomo wants. In particular, them shitting up your internet with ads is morally right, but not baking a cake for an event you disagree with on a religious level is evil

Axel Springer is a publishing company, and the article does cite a court case.

Not anyone you've been replying to, but those sections do not substantiate your points.

I sexually identify as a private company, I can do whatever I want and be totally unaccountable. this is how this works right?

Ads themselves are theft. Ads are paying people to buy your product, with a marketing department acting as middleman, siphoning some of that money away. Operating a company is simple - you sell a product or service. You can make the product or service better by investing in R&D, or if you have extra money in the coffers because your great product is doing well, reduce the cost to better compete. If you have a marketing department, you are giving them your profits (or investors money) to pay people to ask them to buy your product. If your product was good, you wouldn't have to do this. Marketers will ALWAYS congratulate themselves if profits are good, but blame the product if they aren't. Their metrics can never be accurate. The companies that do the most marketing are by no surprise both offering the worst products, and are the worst to work at, see auto insurance and pharma.
tl;dr
Companies = duped by useless marketers
Ads = equivalent of a waste product
Blocking ads = helping companies succeed.
youtube.com/watch?v=X3NASGb5m8s

He shouldnt be to worried about me blocking ads since i never will watch his dogshit shill vids.

I swear his earning report for 10m subscribers said ads were 5%, not 20%. Also how does anybody involved with tech not know what piracy is? He's intentionally posting something that is wrong and looks ridiculous for it

linus has a point. he said ad blocking is PIRACY, not THEFT, user, and he explain why it isn't theft at 21:42. you're not breaking the law for using ad blockers, no one is going to put you in jail for it (he actually never said that), even linus himself said that having such control over your browser is important.

basically, you can still block ads, but know the impact of your actions. you chose to not see the ads and watch youtube videos, which is bad for creators, but you have the right to do so. it is that simple. why are you guys so butthurt about it?

When I upload something for others to enjoy for free then I "morally" expect it to be free. No one is obligated to pay me for my time when I'm making a free thing for others to enjoy for free, and I'd get kind of pissed if they thought I expected them to. If they want to support me and the shit I do then there's ways for them to choose to do so, and if I absolutely want to be compensated then I'll make it a paid product. Do you actually produce anything or is this just white knighting?

It isn't either tho. So he's making up bullshit to get people to watch his videos? Reason #6 gorillion why I don't watch youtubers.

You know other people arent you, right? Do I really have to explain just because you do something for free that means other are or have to too?

Aren't his videos literally just ads or am I missing something here?

They're also stealing my bandwidth.

If ad providers hadn't made ads as obnoxious and intrusive as they possibly could, nobody would have felt the need to block them to begin with, but now they're playing victim because they can't spam popups at you.

>“Private company” means they can do whatever they want as long as it’s in line with globohomo wants
i can't ever imagine being this fucking retarded. what a low iq baboon.

Wait until he learns about sponsorblock

>Aren't his videos literally just ads or am I missing something here?
they are one giant advert. every video. linus doesn't call it "ads", it's just content to him or "sponsored". this is his get of jail free card when it comes to disclaimers about corporate funding, gifts and advertising. Unfortunately, Canada is a weak nation, like the USA, it has fuck all consumer protection laws, so faggots like linus can do or say whatever they like, shill for some corporation and doesn't even have to declare it.

>wah wah we block spyware botnet annoying ads, we're criminals
Fuck off LAnus.

cry me a river shithead

Attached: 1643510251464.png (888x641, 529.27K)

>Put something on a free website
>Viewer watches it for free
>Those fucking ad blockers, ruining my revenue
If he wanted paid content, why the fuck did he put it on a free website?

Attached: 2321.jpg (600x753, 53.41K)

Why do you care so much about what a semi-shitty e-celeb has to say on Twatter?

Why do people keep bringing this up as if it matters in any way. It's really all so tiring.

Attached: atashi-2.jpg (1920x1080, 201.36K)

What makes you think Jewtube is a free website? It's just a website whose paywall is really trivial to bypass.

Hopefully it convinces people not to watch that evil piece of shit linus anymore.

he knows and was asked if the sponsors have data about users interactions. his answer was no, that might change in the future

>linus jew tips
>/ourguy/

Attached: 1643511417600.gif (200x200, 2.46M)

What it's worth is up to each individual from applies to them.

It has a paywall? I don't think it ever asked me to pay for anything, not have I ever bypassed any paywall. Shit's available for free.

lol, imagine actually believing this. With regards to Linus Shill Tips, people fall into three categories:
1. Those who don't watch him to begin with.
2. Those who know that he's retarded but watch anyway because it's kinda cheap entertainment and a decently pleasant way to further rot your brain. (Me)
3. Those who actually idolize him and watch him because they look up to him.

Think what you will of those in either category, but I think it's pretty obvious that none of them are going to change their mind because of something as inconsequential as this.

I obviously mean paying by watching ads.

You don't pay by watching ads. Somebody else pays in order for YT to display ads to you. If the ads don't get displayed then the money doesn't come in, but you're not paying anything either way.

Youtube lets you know how far people watched your video

stay in your lane, linus

Attached: 1600069848931.png (943x943, 567.62K)

You're paying with your time (and sanity). Someone else just does the conversion between the two currencies involved.

Yeah, but someone who skips ten seconds of sponsorship still counts as a view.

Not him, but posting videos on youtube is free for the viewer, if him or any of these ither ""content creators"" switched to pay to watch, nobody would watch their videos and they would make no money, the only exception is onlyfans whores and rare people who actually provide valuable content..

Also, most normies have no idea you could even block ads, theres only a small percentage of people who use adblockers and those are also on the tech savvy side, furthermore there is a subset of the population that ads just dont work on, to them just seeing the shill ad is off-putting.

I have never in my life bought something from an ad. My view is that the product should speak for itself, if something is really a good product or service then people will search it out on their own.

An example of this is drugs, drugs are highly demanded and there is no need for advertising because people know how good they are.

Usually advertisement is a sign of a subpar product

I turned off ublock, and I was surprised at how invasive and obnoxious the ads are.
Maybe if these obnoxious goons actually cared about usability, it would be different.
I try to run minimal lists so inline ads that are not too big will run.

Wouldn't this eventually mean that closing your eyes during an ad is stealing?
Oh wait

Attached: dg47ya9m7a401.jpg (534x429, 30.39K)

>I have never in my life bought something from an ad.
I actually do not understand how marketing can even be worth it. Never once in my life have I seen an ad that has actually made me want to buy something. I can't help but think that the real talent of marketing people is to market their own services to the companies wasting money on them.

Maybe, maybe not, but you're at least stealing from someone else at that point, since Jewtube counts it as an impression.

If removing people's eyelids to keep their eyes on ads made linus more money then he'd be all for it just the same.

This. The modern web is literally unusable without an adblocker.

Attached: ads-2.webm (1488x714, 2.72M)

My best guess is that ads keep large brands in your memory.
So it cannot be completely random, you are already searching for something, and many times promo codes will act as a way to get you to buy something.

Only thing i can think of its general brand awareness for new companies.
But most of the time its just generic wholesale alibaba cheap shit with the "company" logo slapped on.

Logically speaking, if you actually have to be convinced to buy something then your absolutely dont need it in the first place.

Real good products are sought on their own. Ads in general give off vibes of desperation

A good example is raid shadow legends, which has become a meme at this point because every single youruber shills it, even though nobody plays it its an atrociously horrible game

>A good example is raid shadow legends, which has become a meme at this point because every single youruber shills it, even though nobody plays it its an atrociously horrible game
For nobody playing it, they seem to be making enough money to feed every single e-celeb out there.

If these goons are going with "blocking ads is theft/piracy," then it means datamining is essentially the same. Both are largely done with out any real clear consent.

Yeah Yeah, I know, TOS etc, but they are largely blanket "all yur data are belong to us."

>macshit
>tiny 480p screen
found your problem

It isn't stealing because intellectual property isn't real.

Should’ve listened to moot, we could’ve avoided this

Yup, that's the only problem there.

Notice how "suggestion algorithms" on platforms like youtube, facebook, amazon, etc. are literally ads, yet nobody blocks them.

Well, I do, but most people don't even register them as ads.

>/ourguy/
That corporate shill with his corporate robotic show isn't my guy senpai

>you're morally obligated
YOU'RE morally obligated to let me pump my Mexican half-breeds in your wife and daughters to the tune of quintuplets, faggot.
>that doesn't make any sense-
Neither does the bullshit you're spewing.

Attached: laughing swordsmen.jpg (850x480, 241.13K)

Adverts easily deploy malware.

No.

cisecurity.org/blog/malvertising/

I'm shocked and would never run this horrible thing:

addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/sponsorblock/

Linus is based for inventing his OS for which even Microsoft owe him immensely. The minor contribootion I can make to such based mixers is worth my minor sacrifice/

Hard to believe people are actually defending distracting and irrelevant content that eats bandwidth, battery life, attention for no real benefit. This faggot gets expensive tech for free, gets free flights to shill products, has a merch store, and still has the audacity to ask for more money

Attached: IMG_20220129_120801_943.jpg (1080x1062, 159.94K)

Thank you Linux SEbastian

Topkek, ublock + sponsorblock + AdGuard it is

This. I pay my ISP for the internet. That's that.

>adblocking is the same as piracy
Neglible impact on the creator's wallet, or even free publicity? Also nice slippery slope Joe

The majority of users don't have adblockers. You're so full of shit.

Not my problem. I will never support a broken system.

I love these stupid fucking consensus driving threads, especially when it doesn't change anyone's mind.

I will always use adblockers, simple as.

Attached: 1643337206244.jpg (220x229, 8.51K)

boohoo, I hope you become homeless as a result of mass ad blocking.

threadwinner.

Ad blocking is the best thing to happen to the internet since the internet. I only wish we had it earlier on, maybe assholes would have thought twice about trying to shove ads down everyone's throat.

If they weren't so intrusive and predatory I'd agree

>passion projects
>need ad revenue to exist
kys, shill, you fucking retard
if you love taste of boots so much I’ll make you choke on one when the day of reckoning comes

>stealing is bas-

Attached: 1626959319502.png (917x778, 77.76K)

>morally obligated
You’re morally obligated to hang yourself for propagating a tool of psychological and emotional manipulation. So much needless consumerism is driven by fucking ads, not to say how much malware is behind them on the internet, but boo hoo you want pocket change from your corporate overlords? Fuck you, the only thing I’m willing to give you is horns by fucking your woman and turning you from a figurative cuck into a literal one.

i hate normies so much, you know? It's normies and their shit taste that ruined the web.
You show a normie HN, and they'll complain about how it looks "" ugly"" and old. Normies like things twitter's interface (literally impossible to like and use unless you're mentally ill) or reddit's new interface. Normies want to be fucked in the ass.
BTW I am not a retarded minimalist who advocates for no JS anywhere or whatever. I like simple, aesthetic interfaces that are easy to navigate. Normies do not like this.

> literally the exact same thing
> not spelt the same
So fill a newspaper up with ads until there's not any news in the paper and go sell it already

and for some reason websites are hell bent on removing better interfaces that exist. mobile.twitter.com was tolerable and twitter removed that for some reason. How do normies like shit? I don't understand. How could you have such retarded taste in user interfaces?

>anti-semantic
go back to Any Forums fucking kike mouthbreather

I only steal from the riches. Those greedy fucks need to be taught a lesson.

It's funny, if I'm on my cellphone that I couldn't be fucked to adblock, I do play out ads of companies I don't like, give it a little tap too

Added a second block filter to make sure he definitely can't get anything.

POST CONTRIBUTIONS

Attached: 2022-01-29_21-27-34.png (343x394, 26.14K)

During the period of rogue fake antivirus malware, ads and popups were like the source of 99% of driveby installations.

Antivirus was never needed once you started blocking ads. So, my router blocks the ads for everything.

He's canadian..what did you expect? pure retardation

>4 submissions
>620 segments
>0 minutes
I mainly do highlight marking

Look, let me put it this way, if a business isn’t making money they either change tactics or they fail. If you understand there is a problem collecting revenue the way you would prefer to then you have a choice to make. Do you change the way you do business because it’s unsustainable in its current environment or do you give up? The business man wants people to buy something from him. He must present people with something they think is worth paying for.

>/ourguy/
lol

>You think server fees don't exist?
I run more things than you off of a budget of $0, so pretty much.

The funny thing is that in order to get paid by Youtube, Youtube itself needs the ads.
So basically he's saying if you don't let Google collects its shekels you're """""stealing"'""" "from him".

I have watched literally only one video of this faggot, when his click bait title was about blocking all adds with a raspberry pie plugged into your router.
Normally I'd say op was not a faggot because I learned something I actually used, but that guy is frankly insufferable and up there with "Leonard" and "Sheldon" as normies think they are us

Don't care. What makes you think if I disabled my ad blocker, I would click on any of your shitty ads?

Attached: linus-tech-tips-mega-jew.jpg (1728x2160, 1.36M)

I don't care, if the internet becomes irreversibly bad, a couple thousand dudes will migrate to the deep web and start all over. We'll be back to DC++

unironically hes right. I turned of my adblocker. its just morally wrong when I get high quality content for free.

Your content isn't good enough to charge for, that's why you fail.

Don't care.

It's not business to give things away for free. If you want money, go lock YouTube Premium episodes behind a paywall.

it costs fuck all to host a small website nowadays, far less than any of your video streaming services

*clicks on a random spot of the website*
*redirects you to a rotator website that redirects you to a page saying your Iphone has 6 gorillion viruses*
>wHy Do Ppl UsE AdBlOcKeRs???

Attached: 389B7EE1-B52E-49B8-9FF9-255F9BA01EDF.png (1005x846, 788.62K)

>don't pay for media
>get served ads

>pay monthly subscription for media
>still get served ads

gee I wonder why people use adblockers

Attached: 1612989549872.jpg (1080x985, 169.58K)

My adblocker already blocks whole LTT videos.

Contributing to sponsorblock is more work that watching ads

You know leeching is a thing right?

literally takes like 30 seconds on PC, just use frame-by-frame hotkeys

thanks bro. i don't contribute but appreciate you and yours work

Attached: 1631976848771.png (357x29, 2.02K)

30 seconds of my time, so someone else gets the benefit.

Communism/10

What a complete retard.
Yes yes yes! We're all niggers! That makes sense!

It makes me feel good on the inside that I helped the anti ad cause. SOMEONE has to post those numbers

is it possible to check this if i've only used it from mpv?

>3. Those who actually idolize him and watch him because they look up to him.
nobody does this except for low iq monkey people that shit in the streets because the toilet hasn't been introduced to their country yet.

here's mine. i've only had this addon for a few weeks but it's already proven itself to be absolutely wonderful.

Attached: 1616615325015.png (434x429, 28.22K)

Internet ads are fundamentally flawed compared to something like TV or sports stadium ads, because instead of the corporation paying in advance to have their ads displayed, they instead pay the website hosts for views and clicks, which turns the entire thing on its head and encourages every website to use ads that are as intrusive as possible.

>we should force people to act based on what inconvenienced me this morning and makes my femoid larva cry

Nobody is obligated to support creators whether they like their content or not. Nobody is forcing creators to create content if they don't feel it's worth it.

Choosing not to block ads and buying content is charity.

Ads are shit and shall be blocked at all costs. Of you wanna make money, get a real job instead of putting ads everywhere and hoping people will click it.

>high quality content

Attached: absolutely.png (439x408, 214.37K)

while we're at this topic, can someone explain why I as a viewer should subscribe to any channel?
the youtube algorithm already puts the channels i frequently watch on the front page, and subscribing pushes annoying notifications on me. so not subscribing seems to be the more sensible option, that's why i'm not subscribed to anything.

#
You don't even need to be logged on at all. All these are just convenience for the average person.
Just go there and type what you're interested in watching at the moment. Don't be afraid of "missing out" by being unsubscribed or not receiving recomendations.

Thanks for letting me know, just added him to my blacklist.

I have no clue when I did this, this isn't my main pc

Attached: 8DN0DvMlFl.png (309x75, 3.68K)

I meaen other channels I dont watch linus shit tips. historymarche for example is high quality history stuff.

Had to reinstall ff to get accurate numbers, every video I watch either has no ads or is already skipped even if it's like 30 minutes old. Might start marking filler content.
I got SponsorBlock when it was very new, like a couple of days old. When I got it on, brave was like half a year in, and I only have 1 skip, even still, that 1 skip saved 5 hours, 3 minutes a person, and cost me way less time than posting this, it's like 15 seconds.

Attached: pic-full-220129-2332-37.png (1920x1080, 91.59K)

>Yes yes yes! We're all niggers! That makes sense!
Stealing from jews IS based. you can keep crying about it jew.

It's anti-theft. I'm stopping them from stealing my time and attention.

Attached: VDBht2wz.jpg (400x400, 19.84K)

>NOOOOOO PLEASE WATCH MY ADS YOU HAVE TO THAT"S STEALING
Never turning my adblocker off lol

Attached: mpv-shot0003.jpg (1440x1080, 182.19K)

ok I just imported my key.

Attached: pic-full-220129-2342-16.png (1920x1080, 219.62K)

> stop blocking ads
No, don't think I ever will.

I display information sent to my computer how I choose.

shiver mi timbers!

>ad blocking is the same thing as piracy

Attached: 1635622450933.jpg (604x470, 116.59K)

So youtube will unpurge its small creators and undo the frivolous copyright strikes and demonetization policies if I just sit trough the ads? Wowzers, I never though it was all my fault. Thanks, anonymous internet stranger.

Attached: old_youtube.jpg (970x892, 163.6K)

HOLY FUCK! Can Linus get any more cringe-tier? What next, he'll tell his viewers to start sucking dick for GPUs and how it'll benefit the scalpers and their sexual needs?

Yep, I also block recommendations on jewtube. I should probably do it on amazon as well but I rarely go there and only to buy something specific.

I'm sure most anons aren't aware of this because everyone's using adblockers, but the first 2-5 results on any given search often aren't even vaguely related to it, they're literally ads. And I don't mean "oh the algorithm is shilling this to me!", no they're straight up labeled as ads. This isn't just youtube but google and other shit as well, and normalfags often can't tell so they click through like 4 ad links before they get to anything relevant to their search.

Based

I used to think Linus was the worst shill but this Slopes reigns supreme. A quarter of the fucking video is sponsors or self promotion and that's constant on all his content kek.

Attached: file.png (1112x768, 1.02M)

Can you believe Any Forums actually has morons like this who simp for Linus and ad companies?:

Shhhh, you aren't meant to teach these faggots basic economics!

Attached: 1643138196571.png (684x763, 108.47K)

>individuals on anonymous dutch basket weaving forum
>richest private corporations in human history

uh huh totally dude

Wait! Sponsorblock skip the part of the video where they present the sponsor in video? Now i won't skip it by hand

How could you not know? It's literally in the name.

I thought it was another adblocker.

>Any Forums - Technology
Want to do your fucking job and close down this completely off-topic thread, tranny janny?

Yarr matey. Walk the plank.

youtube.com/watch?v=gyhwYiENo8E

Attached: 1642467920654.jpg (478x463, 157.98K)

Fission is a known Linus viewer and shill.

Attached: 1594812396843.png (289x427, 47.45K)

Kek I remember when this was everywhere but with porn edited in at random.

>Refusing to execute code (adblocking)
>Copying something without having the legal right to do so (copyright infringement)
>Taking a physical item from somebody else (Stealing)

Are not the same thing. "Piracy" is a word that describes theft on the high seas, not the made up definition of describing copyright infringement, or linus's made up definition of it defining not executing arbitrary code.

"Small content creators" run ads from fucking Google or Facebook you retarded prick. If you used tasteful, non-intrusive ads from sponsors that you cultivated yourself instead of scattering 289 divs to run intrusive ads from gigantic corpos throughout your shit site then people wouldn't block your shit site. Look at Distrowatch as a great example. The ads are in the sidebars. Small. Unobtrusive. Do not track you. They're mostly for a PBX company that runs on FOSS. If you need to rely on ads because your "product" has no monetary value to anyone, then you better make sure the ads are not CPU-raping pieces of shit that you copy-pasted in from Adsense and whored yourself out to the gigantic corpos that you pretend you hate, you fucking clown.

i would leave ads enabled if they were normal banners on websites like back in the day.
but now? everything is in java script and everything tries to spy on me and collect as much information as possible.
so no, get fucked, i will keep using adblock + sponsorblock.
thank you vanced pajeets.

his whole youtube channel is just a modern day Home Shopping Channel, whoring useless consumer products

whole thing is an ad

Attached: 0 (1).jpg (480x360, 41.35K)

"Wait, it was an ad all along?"

"Always has been"

Attached: 3af5acaeb651062009a901aebaab4aaffaadaa602eb02c8225c2f2429b6cf6cc_1.jpg.jpg (476x370, 35.47K)

yea thanks captain obvious, we laugh about him often here

I don't watch them so I'm stealing his income

so many drm and anti "" piracy"" cucks in the comment section of that video. baka. why is todays youth so brainwashed by these corporations??

He's a garbage person anyway, so stealing from him is a moral good.

>uBO
>Pi-hole
>banIP on my OpenWRT router
>NewPipe on my phone and TV to watch JewTube

Uhh, Linus, you okay there, champ?
You don't look so good.

Attached: frog rope.png (600x842, 141.96K)

Based Blockerchad.

Attached: 1627966421664.png (519x519, 533.47K)

>just blocking adds
>not flooding every blocked add with clicks thus making them all useless and obfuscating data collection.
vimeo.com/111943439

Attached: freeadnauseam-release.png (550x300, 104.68K)

Shit I completely forgot about the video responses. Another great feature that eventually went down the drain.

Attached: 1634824506337.jpg (750x718, 38.29K)

King among kings!

Now that he is rich. Fuck the bourgeoisie.
Right? Eat a poop stick Liunuys

>Mushon Zer-Aviv
>Helen Nissenbaum

My early life sense is tingling hard.
Why would (((they))) fight against the ZOG?

Dunno, but the plugin is essentially doing to ads what the FED does to money: devaluing them all by flooding the market with worthless clicks. Which seems pretty based.I'm gonna have to go with "not all x" on this one.

Attached: obsucation.png (903x510, 108.65K)

If companies had stuck with basic banner ads I would not bother to run ad blockers. Yet no, they got greedy and started doing pop up ads and autoplay videos. Along with tons of other crap, never mind all the endless tracking.
So I run ad blockers like most everyone else now

The only time I turned off my adblocker was for a site that when I visited it claimed it only used banner ads. So I turned my adblocker off and it only used banner ads. So I whitelisted it. That was a while ago and I can't find it anymore, but I'll always remember the one time a site had reasonable ad shilling.

Does anybody remember a feature on Youtube that lasted for about a week where it said listed other channels that were watching a video at the same time as you? 2008 or 2009 maybe?

>sell your wares (videos) to a vendor (google) for $0
>google put the wares out on the street with a sign that says 'please pay'
What did he expect.

>muh nigger jokes

adblocking is in no way the same as piracy, he has chosen to give the content away for free on the internet, part of that content is ads. i choose to to consume the ad part of the content, there is no contract here which requires me to consume all of the content
that would be like saying blocking javascript is piracy, or stopping watching tv part way through an episode is piracy

Yep, I remember that. When an e-celeb was online and watching certain video it appeared in the search result.

>bandwidth theft

I don't use ad blockers on linux tech tips

I simply stopped watching ltt long time ago. Imho Athony's video's were the only ones left watching

with each post, we are one step closer to the bump limit