Librewolf vs Hardened Firefox

uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...... librewolf bros????????
Is using librewolf just a cope for the non savvy Any Forumsuys?
I am a retard, and i was able to harden firefox better than "a team of professionals"(some whos).
How do can we deal with the fingerprinting problem, do we all just become normies and use chrome on windows???

Attached: librewolf_vs_firefox.png (1600x1760, 662.87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/arthuredelstein/privacytests.org/issues/80#issuecomment-1008422947
gizmodo.com/do-not-track-the-privacy-tool-used-by-millions-of-peop-1828868324
github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/Fingerprinting-Protections#why-does-panopticlickefforg-or-some-other-site-say-that-i-am-fingerprintable
2019.www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/
github.com/privacyguides/privacyguides.org/discussions/374#discussioncomment-1691250
github.com/arkenfox/user.js/issues/1274#issuecomment-975210701
scss.tcd.ie/Doug.Leith/pubs/browser_privacy.pdf
twitter.com/AnonBabble

How does one have a fractional bit?

This is why you don't use metric units in computing.

>OUR TESTS INDICATE THAT YOU HAVE STRONG PROTECTION AGAINST WEB TRACKING

Attached: 1640652900217.png (427x400, 40.33K)

uninstall ublock and you get the same result retard

>do we all just become normies and use chrome on windows???
No. Those normie chrome users on windows are the one getting unique fingerprints. Also, Tor Browser and Librewolf operate on the principal of sameness, making everyone look as the same as much as possible
> These websites determine the uniqueness of your fingerprint based off of their own userbase which will miss out on the majority of real users, thereby providing inaccurate statistics and is not a viable way of determining how well you fair off against fingerprinting in the real world.

>reddit pseuds already infested the thread
SHOO SHOO go away

I win.

Attached: 1643500619305.png (1920x1047, 210.21K)

>Our tests indicate that you have some protection against Web tracking, but it has some gaps.
I'm literally using an unmodified chrome. lol.

2^17.76

LibreWolf is almost the same as Arkenfox, cope
github.com/arthuredelstein/privacytests.org/issues/80#issuecomment-1008422947

It told me I had a randomized fingerprint, but since I didn't turn on "Please sir, do not track me I am very serious about this request" somehow it's worse?

t. Brave chud

Not sure why they recommend enabling DNT when the feature is useless
gizmodo.com/do-not-track-the-privacy-tool-used-by-millions-of-peop-1828868324

I don't know what any of that means but brave gave me 17.77, is that good? Did i do good anons?

>These sites wrongly detect Brave as identifiable because they are designed to measure a different form of fingerprinting protection than Brave uses. Most tools try to make as many browsers look identical as possible, and sites like panopticlick.eff.org look to see if your browser matches any they've seen previously. If not, then they determine that you're fingerprintable.
See github.com/brave/brave-browser/wiki/Fingerprinting-Protections#why-does-panopticlickefforg-or-some-other-site-say-that-i-am-fingerprintable for more info

>i install a furry """"fork""""" because i cant add a ghacks userjs and ublock origin

>libre
>17.76
>murica

>deal with fingerprint blah blah windows whatever
using windows does nothing, literally the only obfuscation way is tbb, and yes its windows useragent, the only problem with it is that retarded devs do not want to include ublock.

Are you the same guy who didn't know that privacy and security are different things that just have some overlap?

Yes...

Attached: 1639838792766.png (902x584, 99.45K)

reminder the only real fingerprinting protection is tor browser. everything else is larping. And if you're using ublock origin anyway, you're murdering 95% of tracking scripts anyway. stop degrading your experience for marginal gains

I thought this screencap was old and that a lot of his points of critique had been fixed.

>the only problem with it is that retarded devs do not want to include ublock.
It's a design choice
2019.www.torproject.org/projects/torbrowser/design/

github.com/privacyguides/privacyguides.org/discussions/374#discussioncomment-1691250

That picture is no longer relevant, the AF dev is working with the LW devs now.

uBlock not required. The genius of TBB is that it mitigates the APIs used by the tracking scripts at the browser level, so you can let them execute with no issue. Adding a filterlist-based content blocker would just be retarded

Being immune to this is simple, no one goes further than using JS to do this. So just block JS and only add exceptions when you need them.

>reminder the only real fingerprinting protection is tor browser
Tor browser has the best fingerprinting protections, yeah

Attached: 1643150862111.png (353x336, 45.03K)

>Also, and I can't stress this enough: fxbrit does his OWN research (and ultimately comes to the same conclusions) and is just as knowledgeable and capable as any girl
What the fuck?

Thorin is comparing fxbrit to herself, saying he is just as knowledgeable as "any girl" (in reference to herself). The people in that thread were just treating him like some random with no knowledge.

>he doesn't know
Thorin is a girl
github.com/arkenfox/user.js/issues/1274#issuecomment-975210701

Skewed results due to a larger userbase of firefox Vs librewolf. Only relevant for fingerprinting, not security.

So, needless attention whoring. Of course. Carry on.

An actual female? Not a tranny? Impressive if true

I've been on mumble calls where she spoke and she sounded feminine enough. She's never really spoken about it specifically though

Probably a tranny

Yup, its enumerating badness which is not the most ideal mitigation for security/privacy if there is another option. As an ad blocker for quality of life it is great don't get me wrong, it doesn't hurt if websites figure out how to bypass it so it needs to be fixed

>source: trust me bro

Yes.

Attached: me.jpg (588x586, 17.77K)

>Probably

To be fair, most security people don't think that privacy and security have some overlap either.

reminder that everything is a larp

This is with a fresh install of LibreWolf you fucking retard

Attached: librewolf.jpg (1106x738, 162.25K)

>Is using librewolf just a cope for the non savvy Any Forumsuys?
always was. it's a complete shitfest of a browser.
post screenshot of the actual browser with this page loaded, tyrone.

still waiting for that screenshot, tyrone.

Thorin is Floens?

dilate

Attached: Screenshot from 2022-01-29 21-21-14.png (1254x618, 171.87K)

>Those normie chrome users on windows are the ones getting unique fingerprints.
Explain, because this makes absolutely no sense. And it doesn't because you're talking out of your ass.

Because there is more to tracking than the fucking user agent

thats the case for any browser, dipshit. if you have any logic at all, youd understand that by talking about the user agent, this conversation is about the user agent. and their user agents are the opposite of unique.
is critical thinking too hard for you? i wouldnt say this is even critical thinking

Are you fucking dense? Normies on Chrome have a normie user agent. Wow. cool

They then get tracked by the other 300 bits of unique information their non-hardened browser provides

>but muh user agent!!
lmao

yeah retard, i already stated that. but you were talking solely about their user agent by implying its because they're on chrome for windows. anyone using chrome or edge for windows can harden it if they wish to, the same way you have to harden firefox on any other OS
and no matter how much you dont harden it, its STILL easier to track someone using firefox on a 1% desktop share OS like linux. so your point makes no sense dumbfuck

Attached: 86fdf74d-4ba9-4e2a-8edf-7a0a8cf4ac5e.jpg (780x438, 58.9K)

Chrome has some weird components. It calculates a device id when it is installed. It connects to accounts.google.com and sends this id to receive a cookie, which is saved.
Each time the browser is opened, a connection to the account service is made with this cookie.

scss.tcd.ie/Doug.Leith/pubs/browser_privacy.pdf

Attached: chrome-cookies.png (508x948, 230.63K)

>using windows does nothing
it actually might, canvas and webgl are usually different for example since they are close to the graphics card driver

here's another thing that will be different based on the computer, maybe because of the cpu
Math.cos(21*Math.LN2)

sometimes 0.4067775970251724, sometimes 0.40677759702517235

What is 0.4 of a bit?

this would probably tag a normie even when he has everything as default and common hardware (and doesn't sign into accounts)

you might want to use ungoogled chromium, the problem then is, if google detects a chromium from an IP without this tagging, isn't that also rare?

Works on my machine. You can fuck around with the config in a fork as easily as the main thing, there's just less to change. No idea why everyone keeps sperging over this.

Attached: lolbre.png (1051x955, 160.04K)

DNT is widely useless
it's not a wc3 standard so no company should give a fuck or respect anyone's DNT header or some DNT cuckery. If mozilla can't push it into a standard, there's nothing they can do. At best, glowgle is making/drafting web standards that fingerprint you or blatantly track you. If mozilla is just a fucking dogcollared pet of glowgle then there's no chance that mozilla will ever make DoNotTrack a standard since that would destroy the sweet tracking revenue. At best they are already doing cname cloak by partnering with websites or running the tracking SERVERSIDE so your ublock is already useless as fuck the same way it dies by manifest V3 because "small companies tracking you with addons is bad, only WE should do that" - glowgle.

ad companies would not respect dnt either way (and there is no real way to prove it)

what's my prize?

Attached: 123.png (398x110, 4.39K)

doesn't matter as neither have protection againt fingerprinting.
Brave has full fingerprinting protection so Identifiying bit's is useless, also just use tor.

There are many more important things to care about before browser fingerprint becomes an issue. Especially when that browser fingerprint is constantly changing.

Holy Shit! 4 more bits?! Uninstall that botnet right now OP!

kneel to the ublock with the first user.js from github that comes up in my search engine

Attached: 2022-01-30_11:40:27-953014619.png (695x865, 110.5K)

arkenfox?

just chcked yeah its arkenfox

What if I install Librewolf with arkenfox user.js?

Attached: 1643502050794.jpg (664x742, 550.45K)

Nobody commented on my hand drawn noose ToT

Attached: eb0edc8f-a596-4964-a415-204b1ef1cc22.png (2048x1773, 2.17M)

it is, that screenshot is mostly used by paid trolls for shilling brave

You ever notice the number goes down if you run the test multiple times. You can start at 17 and run the test a bunch of times to get it down to 5.