Honestly, this is hands down the best programming language on the market right now

Honestly, this is hands down the best programming language on the market right now

Attached: csharp.png (1176x1056, 320.21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/fastest/csharpcore-gpp.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

agreed

Attached: Capture.png (724x602, 40.95K)

for CRUDs and corporate software? sure, and that's why I refuse to use it outside work

i don't like it

smell my penis

You can literally do anything with C#, what are you talking about

I am coding c# on my M1 atm, shit is lit desu

Compile times are too long. Hello world via dotnet run takes like 5s vs cpp version via libfmt takes 0.1

literally what, it shouldn't be taking that long, something is wrong with ur ram mate.

The language is nice but the "compilers" suck.
Need to be compilable with clang or GCC to be really good.

Post toaster

Attached: FX9000p.jpg (959x655, 296.6K)

Not a toaster 2016 thinkpad i5 8gb. Runs linux. Same problem with java and co. they all compile for ages which is the only reason why I use c or cpp. 5s may be overblown but its still a solid 2-4s.

Try making a large code and see if it takes too long.
The 5s may be just the "boot time" of the compiler loading all the libraries and shit.

*blocks your path*

Attached: Vala lang.png (1200x1200, 98.43K)

>C# console app VS2022 .NET 6
>learning mode

public void Print (); ???

how do i print to my local printer a hard copy of my:
Console.WriteLine("Today is " + today.ToString() + ".");

do I really need to save it to a file and then call the file and print the file/document? or is there an easy way to just spool it out to the printer?

>Microsoft
>Forced .net runtimes

It has to many features and the documentation is bad.

>Microsoft OOPsie fuck language is the best in the world

How old are you, OP? 21? How's the CS grad program treating you?

It's just Java for white people

Also, let me just interject for a moment

Put the ternary conditional operators on the new line with their statements, more readable that way

Aesthetic af

good morning sirs

>documentation is bad
wat

Anyone got screen grab?

Tbh it is the worst I ever had to use. You can't find shit and receive insufficient information and it is often outdated.

>using FourChanDownloader
lmfao his shitlang needs a dedicated 4gag library to be able to download images from a fucking thread lolol

Attached: carbon.png (2048x3500, 863.8K)

wow, actual code review. thank you! you are right!
its the project name, importing the namespace into the file. mosty for the model class to deserialize the thread content.
nicely done!

I really enjoy C# because its just so easy to spit out a program I need to make. If I need to make anything complicated that requires some speed or low level features I just go to C. But for everything else C# just does the job quickly and efficiently.

LMAO imagine not using anything other than Rust or GO

I like C# but know what this user is talking about. The same can be said for any microsoft doc. Forget trying to use their search. Sometimes it's almost impossible to navigate through their menus to find what you're looking for, google can give you a faster result.

just did it with 100k times printing hello world. Takes ~17s to compile with dotnet vs 7s for g++. No optimization just debug build. Basic hello world with a single print takes 0.6s with g++ and 4.7s with dotnet build/run. Clearly this isn't a problem of a slow pc but the compiler being slow. Maybe a linux problem but I doubt it.

>Microsoft
NGMI senpai

it's just pleasant to work with

>market
IM NEVER PAY FOR A SOFTWARE IN MY LIVE

Something Microsoft doesn't get credit for is their commitment to backward compatibility. A few months ago a client had an old net ASP project written well over a decade that they needed a few features added to get them by until we do a full rewrite later this year. It was super easy to dive in make changes and get it deployed again.

Ok, now contrast that with the React and Angular projects that are maybe 2 or 3 years old and they are an absolute NIGHTMARE to maintain! In fact this is a big reason why I'm really considering Blazor going forward for contract projects because of the fact we can consume net standard libraries and Nuget packages and stay away from npm and dependency hell.

It's just such a productive stack and it makes for happy customers when you can produce well supported and robust software that earns its keep.

but why? just why? why does that matter at all... why just why

Just a little bit better than python, nothing less nothing more.

unfortunately, it is.
i thought it was even better early on when it was rigid without syntactic sugar. i also thought something better would come along, but now, with real engineers dwindling and various activists taking over, i won't get my hopes up

>t. compiling on his dishwasher

>"compilers" suck.
lol, i doubt there's a compiler on the planet comparable to roslyn

You're crazy, it's the most detailed documentation of any language, and it's versioned

Should I consider switching to this from C++? What GUI toolkits are popular with C#? Afaik, WinForms is becoming obsolete.

Attached: 1625806223144.jpg (640x640, 57.2K)

Why not both?
Pinvoke is your friend

>Tbh it is the worst I ever had to use.
lol wut?

Attached: hundredAndFivePercent.jpg (300x230, 5.22K)

Agreed C# and Microsoft is the best sir i will work at headquarter in America in future.

The only task now is to get on a bro to bro level with the pajeet that is hiring you. How do you do that Any Forumsentlemen?

Attached: LifeFindsAWay.gif (496x216, 499.54K)

GCC beats the fuck out of it

I agree with other dude, no need to switch, just add more tools into your toolbox, I never seen much overlap with C++ domain in my experience.

Winforms is proclaimed obsolete for decades and still it lingers on. WPF is amazing, unfortunately it was left half baked so it might have a bit steeper learning curve. Don't know alternatives, didn't really work in UI for ages.

lol

Keep both. .Net MAUI will be the next GUI big thing when it comes out. WinForms is obsolete but its stupid easy to use.

D:

wtf is the point of sharpie?
it's not a systems language and it's not general purpose either. Is it just java--?

You can't do hpc and neither embedded.
Into the trash.
Just another massive turd shat by microsoft.

It just is, which is why C# lose out to C++ in benchmarks.

you have no idea what you're talking about, do you?

Are you a fucking nigger?
Try to automate anything involving compilation, computer turns unusable.

Apples to oranges. Pick the right tool for the job.

Are you serious?

Yes, but you should have a GCC like compiler for C#, so you can have high performance binary files when you need em.

of course it doesn't. i made several Any Forums downloaders, can download threads or entire boards.

>You can't do hpc and neither embedded.

Unironically yes you can. C# being slow is a myth, it's just as fast as C++ nowadays and you can use unsafe variables for embedded workflows

>it's just as fast as C++
Lol no, only C and Rust are as fast as C++.

We mainly use dotnet at my job, I like the language in itself and the tooling is nice too. I can't complain.

could you create a variable for content.posts[0] or even just content.posts? Or just await content.posts so that when you need to write the ternary logic and the foreach, you can just say string.IsNullOrEmpty(posts[0].sub) ? posts[0].com : posts[0].sub then foreach (var post in posts)... from what I can see, you never need to work on content directly.

C# is one the best documented languages u monkey

C# is faster than Rust and I'm saying this 100% unironically. People who say otherwise are mostly uninformed about what runtime speed and raw computing is.

C# pretty much blows Go, Rust and Java out of the water on every single measurement and is only marginally less efficient and fast than C++ but if you actually put a lot of effort into your performance, C# can pretty much be as fast as C++

Nice dumper on that const, bro.

>If you turn sharpie in C++ it can get as fast as C++
You know, if I was on four channel I'd think you are a microshill.
Hey, at least you are getting payed, can't say the same for jannies that don't clean these threads.

no argument detected

get fucked by niggers
benchmarksgame-team.pages.debian.net/benchmarksgame/fastest/csharpcore-gpp.html

also enjoy being after julia, lmao.
Looking on the bright side of things microsoft's dick is tiny and soft, so it's not a choking hazard, you are clear to go!

Attached: 1639265107200.png (800x459, 95.59K)

I haven't see a less readable graph since I've visited Any Forums

>C# is faster than Rust
Rust program starts, executes and finishes faster than a C# programs loads CLR.

Attached: primes.png (1900x390, 52.4K)

C# is interesting. It is a good language with many features packed in, for sure; but there isn't a well-established way of learning it. Newbies either learn it from their seniors or from random tutorials on the internet, and they turn out being unaware of good practices, clean coding, etc. Most of the C# code floating around is spaghetti bullshit.

My university forced c# as their programming language. (Because Microsoft) And now I hate it. Being forced to learn and use objects when it was unnecessary just put me off to the language as a whole. That and most of the good tooling is Windows only so VMs made the experience worse.