/spg/ - Smartphone General

Best phones edition.

If you're requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you'll be using. Include the features you want, budget, and size. BEFORE POSTING, narrow down your options by using the links below.

>What phone has X and Y feature?
Don't ask, use these!
gsmarena.com/search.php3
kimovil.com/en/compare-smartphones
phonedb.net/index.php?m=device&s=query

Good Resources:
>Reviews
gsmarena.com
phonearena.com
notebookcheck.net

>Frequency Checker
kimovil.com/en/frequency-checker
frequencycheck.com
willmyphonework.net

>Visual Phone Size Comparison
phonesized.com/
phonearena.com/phones/size

>Everything rooting and custom ROM related
>Beware carrier variants with locked bootloaders
xda-developers.com/

>A curated list of open source Android applications, tutorials and resources
gitlab.com/linuxcafefederation/awesome-android/-/blob/main/README.md

>Android App compatibility list for de-googled phones
plexus.techlore.tech/

>Recommended Chinese phones
pastebin.com/sQbs83pY

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much you spent on good/bad phone

Previous thread:

Attached: best-phones.png (1200x1200, 777.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

odysee.com/@RobBraxmanTech:6/degoogled2:a
decloudus.com/
engadget.com/apple-app-store-unlisted-apps-174302198.html
testflight.apple.com/join/gdHJSbzI
notebookcheck.net/New-Xperia-1-IV-rumors-detail-camera-equipment-specs-and-release-date-for-Sony-s-2022-flagship.596356.0.html
ebay.com/itm/131808730234
pastebin.com/XV8rvyMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Got my hands on an A52s and wtf is going on? Everything from battery to performance and camera is way better than my S21 exynos. TSMC is truly superior Jesus...

What's the longest you can get security updates for on Android?

Samsung offers 4 years of updates for some of their phones - do any other manufacturers offer a similar or greater duration of updates?

Now LG have gone, what's a good fone for OLED, haptics and build quality? Excluding crApple, Samshit, Snoy and chinkshit.
I would buy Pixel 6 but all I've heard is mass complaints about display, connectivity, etc.

Attached: 33c9fcd914c24866ca9ad9f35e161cb6.jpg (406x735, 35.39K)

i bought a korean samsung s10. can't even update to android 12. i'm a fucking retard

>can't even update to android 12
Is that a bad thing?

i want to get a sony phone because i like the bezels/chin design that it has and because of ubuntu touch. any suggestions?

>Excluding crApple, Samshit, Snoy and chinkshit
isn't that 99% of the market?

Attached: Never.png (500x281, 189.54K)

Pixel 6 and 6 Pro get 5 years

I'm glad this phone put to rest the meme of

>"lol dude big sensor automatically = better pictures"

Attached: Sharp_Aquos_R6_2.jpeg.jpg (590x419, 29.19K)

I have a HK N20U, and could update to Android 12. You must be doing something wrong.

>wants to sell 1 month old Android phone which cost 650 euros
>phone is like brand new and has extra cases i bought etc
>buyers wanna pay me 270 euros
Never buying anything but scamsung or apple again. Everything else has no fucking value holy fuck

The best is the "how much will you accept for it?"

Is s21 ultra 12/256 for 890€ (exy) few days used mint good buy rn?
New is like 1000€...

I would slap the s-pen case on it in when im at home its comfy

One ui 4 (Android 12) looks so good bros. Can't believe samshit ended up being the best choice. A52 gang reporting in

xz/xa series and first gen xperia 10 are the only ones i can think of that has an active android/linux development on snoy
most phone manufacturers(including chinkshit) has great build quality(if you filter out midrange phones ofc) and most oled panels came from samsung anyways so it's not much to write about
as for the haptics, can't really say for certain but crapple's taptic engine is superior out of all of them, but phones including midrange offerings have decent haptics. this isn't 2015 anymore where haptics=vibration motor on short burst
>I would buy Pixel 6 but all I've heard is mass complaints about display, connectivity, etc.
because the pixel 6 series is a complete dumpsterfire, and shills will tell you otherwise

The problem with these 1-inch sensor phones is that they use like 60% of the sensor, so it's not really a 1" sensor more like 1/2" one

Is Samsung A52 a good purchase now at €289? I just use my phone to browse the internet and take photos.

Sony revived the meme

Samsung Galaxy S20FE Vs. Samsung Galaxy S21. Which one has the best cost benefit? Is the S21 worth the extra money?

No, get an A52s

I just got my a52s a few hours ago and holy fuck is it good(thanks to TSMC snapdragon) obviously. Cant tell a difference at all between oneui 3 and 4. Looks the exact same. But I guess it is kinda nice

Do Americans here with androids get bullied over this blue message green message thing?

It's the polish that's noticeable

like what? i genuinely cannot tell a difference

> Alcatel
Wat

Attached: 1643466938235.png (768x374, 51.49K)

What's blu message thing?
t. Russian

People with ios get green text bubbles when some one with an android messages them and blue when someone from ios texts them. They all use the default messaging app for some reason. Ios sends text over the internet so regular green bubble messages have limited functionality. So Android folks are excluded often excluded from group chats and stuff

Google had many chances to make a decent competitor or jump on Apple's offer to let iMessage on Android

How do non itoy users cope then? Are you all forced to get an iPhone from peer pressure?

OK, thank you. The A52s is €325.

odysee.com/@RobBraxmanTech:6/degoogled2:a

Is a Google Pixel actually a good privacy phone?

So.. This website purports to host a DNS service that will de-google your phone by blocking connections to google, ad services, etc. etc.

decloudus.com/

is it legit or is it just another scam and they will sell your data to google themselves?

I never met a single person in my life who cares for imessage. Until i came to this thread

Still looking for thin pixel 6 cases

>Apple's offer to let iMessage on Android
This never happened.
Apple blocked it, and will block it to keep families in imessage

how the fuck do I update my Huawei, why the fuck does Canada networks provide any updates ever

just use nextdns. you can configure it by adding multiple host repos and specific brand/company blacklisting
of course it's not a bulletproof dns server, but it's more superior than other adblock-based dns servers out there
only caveat is that it's not free(have to pay $2 a month once you go over 300,000 queries) and it doesn't have domain whitelisting
the basic bitch americans have this mentality, because being in the ecosystem is a symbol of wealth to them
as for 4ch, it's mostly just baitposting and shill replies, especially here where they respond to anyone who is asking for a phone recommendation and reply to them to get an iphone, without fail

My retarded boomer parents keep losing their phones

What is the absolute cheapest smartphone that can run whatsapp in a decent way? Don't care abour the cameras or any other thing. Just a normal size screen.

Attached: IMG_20211024_151030.jpg (2448x3264, 2.79M)

>expecting consistent updates on a chinkshit device
shigger digger
also it's a manufactuer(huawei) problem, not the network nor the country you're on, unless if you use scamsung where it depends on baseband specific CSC

chain smartphone to their wrists

other countries have been getting updates every single month including last month stupid

hello phone fags
>post made from the best and last good phone samsung made, the S10

I wish I could
I got my father a nice Poco m3, he lost it of someone steal it from him in less than a month

iphone se(around $300 or less afaik, either the 1st or 2nd gen) and tie it to icloud for the find my iphone feature. not even joking
of course you can do the same thing on android with "find my phone" feature, but it's super janky in my experience. also jamal can't use the iphone if it's icloud locked so that's a plus

>iphone se(around $300 or less

nigga I don't even want them to spend 150 on a poco anymore. I'm talking about the bare minimun the cheapest xiaomi I can buy

then some $60 bottom of the barrel motorola/alcatel from a prepaid plan. just encrypt it, set up google account, and turn on the janky find my phone feature until it gets lost again in a month or two

unless you’re like in middle school or talking to someone who is mentally retarded no half the ppl do not give a fuck.

Unless ur being like a fanboy and constantly talking about how “insert manufacturer” is better ppl generally don’t care.

It’s a really common attitude amongst school kids afaik. In my social circle people have a mix of devices and fall back to messenger/snap/ig for cross platform texting. No one who matters really gives a fuck outside of banter lol

Iphone is getting rid of the rlghtning port? BLOCK THE USB C KIM!

Forgot to add a pic to my comedy gold post.

Attached: azn1.png (570x750, 40.39K)

josh?

any experience with realme?

I don't recommend it unless you are one of these people who use cases.
No problems with software. Below average battery.

So they don't use WhatsApp or something like that and use Apple's own chat app?

No I don't know you dude

Is s21u considered best android rn?

Numbers confirmed it

Attached: 155378-phones-review-hands-on-samsung-galaxy-s21-ultra-image1-luae09ici4.jpg (1200x800, 128.02K)

I like mine, but depending on how much I get for the trade in and pre-order bonuses I may switch the s22 ultra.

> They all use the default messaging app for some reason
But why? I have not seen anyone who do this here in Russia.
> So Android folks are excluded often excluded from group chats
I thought group chats are only gathered in telegram, or well, in some cases, watsapp.

dude I'm so happy you recommended this. Thank you kindly, good sir.

have a perhaps (rare) pepe

Attached: leaf.gif (250x251, 1.09M)

On android, people just use third-party apps to communicate over the Internet. You don't understand what an "ecosystem" is. Appletards needs to use things from the "apple ecosystem", itoddlers will not install third-party applications.

> Is s21u considered best android rn?
>samsung
>best
The best in terms of bloat out of the box.

Attached: 1504458954484.jpg (2048x1997, 558.96K)

That's fair but 1350€ for 8 or 12/256 is too much if pricing is correct...
Hard choice between getting s21u for 400€ less rn

I have a problem where I'm retarded and regularly forget to lock my phone before putting it back in my pocket which consistently causes it to send accidental gibberish messages
What would help with this? Hoping there's something better than a flip case because that's homo as fuck

What's your pick ser?

mm that one wasn't as good as I had hoped here's another

Attached: overseas.jpg (736x555, 67.67K)

Pixel 6 pro - I LIEK PHOTOS OHNOMNOM
Realme GT2 Pro in other cases.

My budget huawei has a great 1080p screen. All 720p phones budget phones look like eye cancer to me now, so I can't even replace it with a phone with ip rating. Why did you have to get caught, chinaman?

>Realme GT2 Pro
>~74.8% screen-to-body ratio
>also has a punch hole
makes me want to puke

debra?

You love waterfall screens, don't you?

Attached: 1548817155050.jpg (960x960, 82.43K)

>1050€
>24-bit/192kHz audio
>no 3.5mm headphone jack
>no micro sd
OH NO NO NO

A case with borders that rise above the screen.

Is there anything android that's made in the last yearish that is roughly the same size as an iPhone mini?

So OnePlus became shit. They peaked with the 7T/7 Pro and just decided to settle afterwards. Is Xiaomi the only enthusiast brand left?

No. Galaxy s5 mini and xperia xz1 compact are the only things and they're old.

What's so enthusiast about Xiaomi? They sell them in normal stores outside of America.

Are guys like me just destined to lose? Ignore the comparison. Are there Android phones that are smallish without making obvious sacrifices? Or am I doomed to buy an iPhone mini before they stop existing?

Attached: bking-tinyhands07130720.jpg (800x600, 41.8K)

Are you sure TSMC makes the chip?

absolutely not

>Flagship phone
>too of the line Specs
>Pricing is the same with mid tier phones
Gee I wonder.

I would say vote with your dollars and get the mini but apparently mini sales aren't that great and even Apple plans to phase them out

Is there any way to identify icon on the ambient display of an android phone? One is constantly showing there but I have no idea what app (if any) it belongs to. The icon isn't showing in the notification bar elsewhere.

Someone might ape the mini because phone makers always ape Apple. For now people cope by pretending 5,8 inch phones are small.
What specs? The processor? Who cares. Everything is crap, they sell 700 dollar phones with ads and no ip rating.

Mini has a hard time internally competing with se because it's twice cheaper. Although I think se is closer to "small" androids in size.

>muh ads
disable it or flash a new rom
>muh ip rating
lmao

i didn't have an Android for a while now. can you guys tell me if that dumpster fire has improved since the samsung s4? when i had it the alarm clock wouldn't work and the phone would crash all the time and stutter while scrolling. has the software improved? what brands have the best version of android? i don't really plan to switch but i would like stay informed to know what brand to pick when apple crosses a red line for me

Attached: 35C62910-0BB2-4C05-BE35-228289CF464E.jpg (714x419, 149.6K)

Why would it an IP rating be funny? Phones should be protected

>no 3.5mm headphone jack
>no micro sd
Why Indians care about this dated shit all the time ??
Wireless headphones are 100 times superior to wired shit, and why the fuck 120Gb isn't enough for you? also there are 1Tb usb-c sticks you can use...

I'm convinced that you retards are either actually autistic or very poor.

Android haa improved drastically, but the actual physical phones became much worse. So it's actually worse now, because back then you'd just buy a phone based on physical features and install aosp, but now there just nothing.
Sorry Tim, i'm not gonna buy ibuds. They're alright, but I'm just not going to do it.

>Wireless headphones are 100 times superior to wired shit
I've tried all the recommended wireless headphones except apple. It's all unusable trash, unless you are literally deaf.
Listening to music on headphones is already bad, why make it even worse?

Headphone jack is very convenient

like what got worse exactly?

got s21u in november along with a basic waterproof case pic related.

im 99% wfh so it does a good job of keeping water out when im cooking/in bathroom. however, i'm annoyed that the usb port notch is very small, i cant use my longer 5ft usb cable because it doesnt fit. currently use my thinkpad laptop charger and wireless mouse usb charger, along with a wireless charger which i keep in office.

anyway, im looking for a new phone case which can hold an spen, and a backring, any reccomendations? whenever i look for s21u cases on amazon they really seem hit or miss.

Attached: Screenshot_20220129-143308_Amazon Shopping.png (1080x1535, 618.4K)

what do you expect ?

Attached: gsmarena_001.jpg (1200x675, 112.15K)

Less features than the previous phone, same old bloatware

>Gargantuan 6.1" is now the small form factor phone
Take me back

>Own nothing, be happy!
>Limit your options, buy adapters to carry additionally to do what a phone a decade ago was easily able to do!
I know this is bait but there are tranny consoomers out there who genuinely think like this.

> Is Xiaomi the only enthusiast brand left?
Xiaomi was never been enthusiastic brand. Their QC and MIUI are terrible things.
Lots of Europoor pajeets just coping, thats what xiaomi is about.
> and just decided to settle afterwards.
They just wanted to create true flagship to compete with leaders. This year they even releasing Ulta model for $1200+
Their 9R/Nord2 is classic "old OnePlus" models.

Attached: 1643486611157.jpg (1440x3216, 392.28K)

I gave in. got myself a 6.5inch monster. i hate it and like it at the same time.

> disable it or flash a new rom
With some pajeet/krokodil made "software".

There's cheap shitty Alcatel phones in just about every grocery store, somebody's gotta be buying them

Attached: index.jpg (1200x900, 177.36K)

isn't Alcatel dead?

Chekt

It's a subsidiary of Nokia now

is the moto g power that bad? it fits my specifications and i cant find anything in the sticky that fits

>USA
>$250
>tmobile (mint)
>headphone jack, no notch, bands 2 and 4

i dont do anything besides browse websites, call, text on it.

Attached: 61wIgUmC8gL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (452x1356, 51.2K)

Nokia owns Alcatel now, but TCL has a licence on the Alcatel brand and is the one that make the phones

>TCL has a licence on the Alcatel brand
Ah, didn't know this part. I knew about Nokia, that's why I was confused.

I'm looking at a used Pixel 3a to buy locally. Phone is at a good price and apparently works well, has a good battery life, etc. However the back is like pic related. According to the seller, this is due to using a cover, which I find strange since I've never seen it happen in any of the phones I've owned and I've always used a cover. In any case, does anyone know if that can be washed off? Or due to the plastic back of the 3a is the phone permanently going to look like that? Maybe I'm exagerating, but I don't think I'd buy it if I can't get those stains out.

Attached: ugly_back.jpg (376x500, 43.64K)

>top end model has a curved display again
fuck samshit
who are they pandering to? pajeets? I haven't met a single person who liked curved displays in phones

Another pic to show what i mean

Attached: ugly_back1.jpg (500x376, 44.51K)

Been rockin Realme X3 Superzoom for the past 10 months, 0 issues so far. Software is ok, no crashes nor hangups. Battery lasts full day on 120hz mode.

Bezel bad retards, they're able to write higher number in screen to body ratio.

Looking at the back of that, you can clearly see a circle where a magnet used to be on the case. It's probably sun damage, don't think you'll have much luck washing that off.

it was in a spigen case, mine does the exact same thing to my 3a because the case has a pattern on the inside for whatever reason so it leaves a sort of imprint
you can mostly rub it off, might take a bit more effort to get it completely clean if you really look at it

That phone looking nasty as hell. i bet there's enough cum on it to make 300 women pregnant.
u r welcome

how can i delete android and turn my smartphone into an extremely portable working machine (cant afford wingpd)

Install twrp and delete the system partition.

Install linux with app and install xsdl. Literally turns it into a real Linux computer with desktop

Got realme 7 for 6-7 months now, only positive experience so far
Hardware is similar to Xiaomi but software is way better

it's been in a spigen case. eventually the lines you see do fade away with time, including in the visor

i'd be more worried about any potential stains/discoloration on the visor - it's hard to get those off at all - if you even can in the first place.

t. pixel 3a user who used a spigen case since july 2019 but went caseless recently

Just got a apple phone, are there any Any Forums app without jailbreak? I know I can use safari and use vlc to play webm but it's very inconvenient to me.

You do know you don't need the store to install apps right?
engadget.com/apple-app-store-unlisted-apps-174302198.html

Chance
testflight.apple.com/join/gdHJSbzI

iChan, but you need to pay on Patreon

>Wireless headphones are 100 times superior to wired shit

You want to hear something crazy? My headphones never need to be recharged. Ever.

That also implies their batteries will never die. Because there are no batteries

Attached: 9346.jpg (2500x2500, 535.97K)

I've never had a faulty wire in my wireless headphones

jesus christ it has smaller battery than s21

Attached: gsmarena_002.jpg (1200x675, 153.91K)

>paying 500€ more just for s pen
you can't make this shit up

Attached: gsmarena_006.jpg (1200x675, 149.75K)

I guess it's time to try and get a discount on one from my carrier.
>Metro doesn't have online chat
Welp

Ok thanks guys

>$4.50 a month
>$45 a year

I'm fairly certain you can just pay for one month and keep it there forever

notebookcheck.net/New-Xperia-1-IV-rumors-detail-camera-equipment-specs-and-release-date-for-Sony-s-2022-flagship.596356.0.html

sonybros 2022 will be our year

Attached: 1643496506941.jpg (1080x311, 71.62K)

used 370 dollar oneplus 7 pro owner for the past year and 3 months here. any reason to upgrade to another used phone yet?

Attached: 1507674003057.png (246x242, 59.69K)

>512 GB
>Sony always includes expandable memory
More phone companies should follow this. Sick of the cloud

Attached: yes.png (239x400, 82.17K)

I upgraded to 8t for the 120hz. I barely notice the difference. So I went back to the 7pro. I'm waiting for front camera to be under the screen to get an upgrade

i wish they'd bring back the pop up camera. that was a great meme for a little while and honestly could've used more development.

>no headphone jack

Trash bugged software, likely also going to have hardware problems cropping up in the coming months.

The files he needs to pay for to unlock the bootloader are unique to each device.

GT is better than GT 2 Pro.

It's 778 so yes. You're thinking of 750 which the A52 5G had.

anyone with experience in refurbished phones? any disasters involving them?

Attached: Logo.png (1196x383, 39.86K)

>Just delete it
What if I don't

I'm going to get a pixel 3 xl soon. What's the best way to debloat it? Should I just use ADB and remove apps via that or should I root the phone and delete stuff that way?

Just no green tint this year.
Abd method is if your want to keep the warranty. It's too old for that already.

Alright. I'll give ADB a shot. I just want to use it as a general gaming device with a kishi.

Doe anybody know if NOKIA 6.1 is any good?

Attached: bruh.jpg (303x293, 6.09K)

No, and it's also old as fuck

Once we have camera under display it's basically over for smartphones right? There's only so little left to improve

no one uses more than 128GB of space yet we have up to 1TB phones, 4K, 12GB ram, it's over

Attached: mpv-shot (2186).jpg (1920x1080, 218.2K)

>we have up to 1TB phones
that's a good thing, solid states don't last forever and the larger the module, the longer the storage would be fast

Have usb-c ports gotten more reliable since the s8? Only reason I'm thinking about upgrading is the ports don't last very long

At that point it'll turn into maximizing folding screen technology and making phones as thin as ipod nanos

ebay.com/itm/131808730234

Anything good around 500bux? My 2017 phone just fucking broke im not sure if i should get any flagphones or just with a budget one

Attached: 1638486965586.png (770x600, 502.73K)

Not looking forward to having to leave my G8 behind, hopefully foldmemes get cheap enough to the point where they aren't more expensive than my entire PC setup

Came here to ask this

Fantastic phone. Camera just sucks balls without perfect lighting, also screen is only 720p, but that's fine because of size of the screen. Super easy to root with magisk to wipe bloatware embedded by facebook and amazon on it (seems to be true of all androids now, even samshit, the only difference is ease of root access).

I actually bought two from bestbuy for like 180 a piece. Bricked one because I was tweaking a lil too much. Comes with android 11 now stock with the second one I bought. Also went with mint mobile, overall a fantastic phone. My favorite part is how easy moto allows users to root and the battery life is like 2-3 days cuz of the massive battery. Also if you're not used to moto gestures you're in for a pleasant surprise, tomhawk chop for flashlight is so useful. Snappy and just werks.

Where do I buy a phone if I don't want to give money to amazon

Reminder that even Fairphone, the company that prides itself on making sustainable smartphones that are good for the environment, saw fit to remove the headphone jack and go the wireless headphones route. We're fighting a losing battle and I hate it.

Comfy

Attached: phone.webm (720x1600, 2.14M)

GTFO iToddlers and proprietary jewgle zoomers
buy an IBM thinkpad, install libreboot on it, install parabola linux or gentoo, enjoy your 100% free software.
phones are trash, show me one that isnt.
if you need to have a computer in your pocket 24/7, youre sick and should get help.
that also means youre basically chipped in your pocket.

I have the S21 Ultra Chad Edition featuring 16GB of RAM and 512GB of storage. Why would I downgrade?

That being said that zoom lens got a nice spec bump.

>pixel 6 sold like shit
>just like every other Google phone
>despite them insisting that THIS WILL BE THE ONE THAT SELLS!
Lol why don't they just give up. Nobody wants their buggy globohomo phones

Glad I opted for the fold 3 instead of waiting for this garbage
Hopefully they integrate spen into the fold 4 so I can trade in upgrade and be set for like 2 or 3 years.

install gentoo, also the pinephone might be great for that case but its still far from usable as a daily work machine or phone. its more like a computer without a keyboard, with ARM64 CPU and linux. they are making a keyboard-case too, and theres a dock with HDMI, ethernet, one usb c port, and 2 usb ports, in case you want to use it as a computer
>proprietary trash
iToddler BTFO
*nigger
iToddlers BTFO
phone toddler GTFO
dont let them use phones you retard
install gentoo, type 'emerge --sync'
absolutely proprietary bullshit, use matrix you fucking retards
just another scam, the only way you can de jewgle your phone is by throwing it away because they all (from what i know) run proprietary software, in the firmware, in the OS, your programs, etc etc....
i havent seen a single android phone that uses 100% free software, except maybe replicant on some poor phone from 2000 that cant run a web browser.
no. proprietary firmware, no phone is good. maybe the pinephone, but its still a phone and has a modem that probably runs a proprietary firmware, and is used for a sim card that only exists to track you
>zoomer toddlers are being kept away from freedom
ah yes, proprietary software at it again...
i only bully android users because they dont use 100% free software

Attached: brainletgasolinewojak.png (1027x452, 75.77K)

> maximizing folding screen technology
Folding phones are meme

S20FE with Snapdragon

Blah blah blah

Sony always talks a big game about their cameras yet their photos always look worse than the competition

I'll believe it when I see it

Nope, nope yet

Their UI is unironically better and more polished than MIUI shit. If anything, MIUI is probably the most bloated chinese OS at this point.

That's because it IS good

OneUI4 is genuinely the best version of Android 12 out right now. Pretty amazing to how OneUI went to this when it started off as a bad meme UI

Attached: One-UI-Review.png (1200x700, 620.95K)

A bunch of this shit is straight up wrong.

I actually liked the initial iteration, it was a definite step up from the grace water UI they had after touchjizz.

Dumb retarded goy keep consoom whatever corporations feed you. I bet if they sell shit with your favorite brand slapped on it you will instantly buy it like a nigger cattle you are

USB c always was more reliable than micro USB.
Maybe it's samshit problems

> S20FE with Snapdragon
> 2020 spec phone with 6gb ram
)

> That's because it IS good
It's not.
> A52
Lagging shit.

Moto G100

>no one uses more than 128GB
Paid shill detected. Post nose

I can see why they didn't bother keeping the note line considering the whole point was to have the most cutting edge shit in it.
And now samsung has basically no cutting edge tech, besides folding screens. If they kept micro SD, did an under display camera, ltpo 2.0 panel, actually fast charging and shit, s22 ultra would be a note. But as it is its just an s22 with a pen. Shame they're keeping the best tech locked behind the fold, which itself is ALSO lacking in some key spec areas, because they understandably want to keep the price under 1800.
I hope in a couple gens, folding screens come down in price enough that they can pack every cutting edge thing into them finally. Give me a truly enthusiast phone.

Isn't Pixel software ironically buggy since it's meant to come straight from Google but still is somehow a fuckup?

Because IP certifications are another increase in cost of production. Every phone (parts of it) will be tested by an outside party. Chinese companies figured it out that paying for an IP certification would make their phone prices higher and decided just to not pay for it since their phones are already following the IP standards anyway.
>hurr durr how would you know if it is water and dust resistant
Literally just watch YouTube videos of niggers abusing the shit of their phones by submerging their phones and surviving the ordeal.
Most of he pajeets already own the tech sector sir. That's what Americans get for cheaping out on labor sir. You can do nothing about so just ignore it and do the needful sir.
>Xiaomi was never been an enthusiast brand
Can you faggots define what an enthusiast brand is? It's like you forgot the whole fucking point of enthusiast phones.
>MIUI
Yes, it's fucking dogshit.
>QC
Why?
>They just wanted to create true flagship to compete with leaders.
Which wasn't the fucking main point of their company to begin with. Their phones were meant to be flagship killers since they offer the same thing big brands charge $1000+ for cheap. That's why the OnePlus 7T/7pro was the last real OP smartphone because of what I said above. That's what made them an enthusiast brand.

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-112356.jpg (1080x2026, 202.55K)

>MIUI is probably the most goated chinese OS at this point.
FTFY

>Finally, in terms of pricing (at least in Europe), the S22 will reportedly start at €849 (around $958), rising to €1,049 (around $1,183) for the S22 Plus and €1,249 (around $1,409) for the S22 Ultra, according to WinFuture, which also lists a potential ship date of February 25th.

Goddamnit, even Apple now has their standard iPhone 13 priced at $800. Now apparently you need to pay $1000 for the base S22. They're outdoing Apple with the sky-high prices

I’ve finally had it with the piss poor battery life on my iPhone SE 2020, even if I did get a good deal on it new having to charge it 3x a day to use one of the shittiest mobile operating systems I’ve ever had to poke at. I wanna go back to android and be comfy again.

What’s a recommendation for a phone that is
>Compact
>Good open source android support
>Stellar battery life
>Not $1000
I just use my phone for web browsing, texting and locally downloaded music. I don’t bother with gaming or anything like that and don’t have the time to. A camera with a fast shutter speed and good low light performance would be a nice to have though

Attached: 0ED8EBB2-25A7-49B7-B734-CAA489301406.png (360x240, 137.42K)

Just get a battery case.

Last time I bought one it caught on fire, chinesium reaction

What are the chances iPhone 14 will replace the Lightning port with a USB 3.x Type-C port?
It's one of the few remaining reasons I haven't switched over yet

Keep an eye on the EU legislation, this will be the only way

Unless EU legislation also prevents iPhones from just going portless, you'll be seeing that happen instead.

fuck this jew prices

How compact are you talking? Like what's the max screen size you'd consider?

Because honestly if you use your phone for web browsing that can be annoying if the phone's too small

Definitely Apple wants you locked down to their shit as much as possible. iPhone will inevitably be portless

Windows Phone is gonna make a big comeback this year right?

Windows Phone is going to be great again right?

I can't actually tell if EU is going to prevent the portless iPhone from happening.

I've been out of the phone loop since around 2018 and it's about time for a replacement. What have I missed? What's new? I know the Pixel 6 came out recently. Is Xiaomi still king? Who has the best camera nowadays?

I unironically like my pixel 6 pro.

Attached: PXL_20220123_185029233.jpg (3072x4080, 2.26M)

what have you done? why are you buying phones with less and less features? now my only choice is sony or huawei

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-074451_Brave.jpg (1047x2007, 289.75K)

I literally sold my s21 for an a52s. I'm sowy im making up for it now

Attached: Screenshot_20220129-183820_Chrome.jpg (1079x828, 392.28K)

I don't need SD card or headphone jack.

>compact
Doesn't exist. Sorry bud. Even the cheap ones are gigantic.

At this rate you better go with mediakek soc than exyshit because the former is using TSMC maymrs4nufacturing process

Install altstore and then sideload ichan. It’s free.

>sony
nah, cuz their software updates are godawful. I am done with them. Only Google, Samsung, or Apple (last resort) for me.

based retard

Yes i know and this is why the new mediatek is superior. its the only android flagship processor made by tsmc. i dont understand how people dont get it. dumb fucking fanboys i swear

Attached: videotogif_2022.01.19_02.24.26.gif (350x196, 1.82M)

Found an s10+ for $300cad should I get it and if yes how's the battery life life on that phone?

Attached: 1634052822059.jpg (481x482, 65.9K)

Same

Attached: PXL_20220129_045346114.jpg (3072x4080, 2.15M)

>snoy
if only their software updates > 2 years

not worth. get A52s instead. Better battery life and more efficient processor with 120hz screen. S10 series is obsolete

Heres my first day with a52s and 120hz all the time and WiFi. Very solid and it could get even better i assume since its still learning my usage. Also my cell signal is 1 bar

Attached: Screenshot_20220130-084830_Device care.jpg (1080x2271, 322.7K)

Most of the a52s are are locked to US phone service providers and the onse that are unlocked look banged up or are 100 dollars or more.

>A52S wasn't released in Canada
But why?

No idea, closest equivalent is the S20FE which has a short software support lifespan. If you want a bargain phone in Canada from a mainstream retailer there's probably no real alternative to Pixel6.

Anyone got any suggestions for phone around 250-300 cad?

Anything glaringly bad about the Nord 2?

>What are the chances
None

The EU legislation won't come into power until 2024 the earliest and Apple can just make their phones portless rather than be forced to use USB-C.

Pixel 5

>every phone I'm looking at is hybrid dual sim
Where are all the phones that are dual sim & have a dedicated microsd slot?
I'll even take nanoSIM + eSIM + microsd

>which has a short software support lifespan

It's getting 3 os updates

What do you currently have and what's your budget

got realme 7 pro more than 7 months ago, to satisfy my autism i ran it trough adb to delete some shit that i don't feel comfortable with. Phone lasts around 1.5 day plus 7-9 hours off screen with 10-20% remaining battery. Absolutely better and less bloated ui than the fucking dogshit pajeet oriented miui. Battery charge is very good that charges up in less than 40 minutes perfectly balanced for me to take a shit and have breakfast and be ready for the day.

Yup, it started with Android 10 and now it's on android 12 and it will be EOS for OS updates after Android 13 and stop receiving security updates after android 14.

That's pretty fucking shit when you could say, buy an iPhone 12 and get 5 years OS updates and 5 years security updates, or buy a new pixel 6 and receive 3 years of OS updates and 5 years of security updates. There's a reason they sell for so cheap, the software support is DIY, which is fine if you like ROMs I guess.

Old android sells for cheap because Android OEMS don't support their old shit.

fuck off phoneposters

Howcome I can't file transfer with my Pixel 6? I click the file transfer button it just shows up as unspecified on my computer.
What the fuck should I do

Attached: fuckGoogle.png (356x165, 6.11K)

haha hoho heehee hum

because most buyers won't be using microsd when internal storage already have 128gb at a bare minimum, and also the fact that manufactuers will jew you out in every way possible
also picrel exists if you really want a second sim+sdcard on your hybrid dual sim layout

Attached: 1643537771983.jpg (1000x1000, 256.5K)

>to satisfy my autism i ran it trough adb to delete some shit that i don't feel comfortable with
What did you delete? chrome?

same here

more than 100 apps, works perfectly with last update, only use youtube vanced and other shit unrelated to google
pastebin.com/XV8rvyMM

the wire on my headphone is replaceable. Buy a cable for 5$, plug it in and you're good to go

How many years of support are planned for Xperia 1 iii?

Is it possible to unlock a carrier locked phone without contacting the carrier?

What happened with nano sd?

Fuck