This strikes fear into the hearts of Americans

This strikes fear into the hearts of Americans.

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (2126x2560, 282.63K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=slDAvewWfrA
youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superheating
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>plastic parts having any contact with boiling water
miss me with that shit

they don't have contact with the water unless you're spilling it everywhere

how about that plastic translucent level indicator?

what happens if they do spill? design like this HAS to be retardproof

free hrt :)

What? I'm American and I have one. It works well, and is all glass with no plastic touching the boiling water.

i have one
my mom is an immigrant and i have seen her microwave a mug for tea on a few occasions
she bought the one we have now

the point is that 110V just don't allow enough power from an electric socket to run an electric water kettle.
you can get kettles that are made of glass or sheet metal. my kettle is made of glass and runs 3kW of electric power. boils 2L of water in less than a minute.

Teapot chads where are you?

a quick electrical shock only kills the absolute weakest
it's a good thing really

how long does it take to boil the water and what's the volume?

it requires 814 kJ to heat 2 litres of water up from 3 degrees to 100 while one minute of 3kW heating element produces 180 kJ of heat

same question, how long does it take to boil the water? and how much water? it' can't have more than 1500W.

are you stupid? everyone have one

i remember watching seinfeld as a kid and was amazed that they used stovetop kettles
when i found out the reason was USA's 110v system it kind of blew my mind

Attached: some-reason-5A-seemed-always-have-bright-red-kettle.gif (400x275, 1.13M)

Let me get my laughing shoes on for this thread, I can't take it.

About 2x the time the 3000 watt ones take.

What the fuck are you talking about?
How have to be doing insane maneuvers to get hot water on the plastic parts.

The patrician setup for boiling water is a stovetop kettle on an induction stove. You can heat up your water just as quickly as you could if using an electric kettle, except you don't need to take up an outlet or have a special platform you use. All you need is the kettle itself.

>except you don't need to take up an outlet or have a special platform you use. All you need is the kettle itself.
you need a special platform in form of an induction stove
and don't lie to me, it already occupies that space 99% of the time

You don't "need" induction, any type of stove will work, fire is good, it's just that induction is the fastest. And even if your kettle sits on the stove 24/7 (which, in my case, it doesn't), that's better than it taking up space elsewhere in your kitchen.

this makes euros shit and piss their pants in confusion

Attached: how-long-does-it-take-to-boil-water-in-the-microwave.jpg (785x523, 29.38K)

just using a kettle or water boiler is a lot faster though

yeah i couldn't imagine being stuck with fresh water quality so poor that i'd need to flavorize it
water should be cold, not hot

Do you understand how microwaves work? You can literally boil water within 60 seconds.

you got fucking pwnd by dude

Are you retarded?

>the point is that 110V just don't allow enough power from an electric socket to run an electric water kettle.
Not true, use one all the time on 110, they sell them everywhere.

>when i found out the reason was USA's 110v system it kind of blew my mind
It's not, sorry that you've been misled. They're everywhere, have been for like 2 decades.

The reason people on 4chin think Americans don't have them is because most posters are literally children and have simply never witnessed the adults in their house using the electric kettle.

This is a concern, same with shitty internals that are aluminum or in some cases even shitty stainless steel based. Glass is best of all (though high end stainless steel isn't necessarily a health issue as long as it doesn't leech nickel and the like) and with medical grade silicone for the seals and grommets - this is your option to avoid endocrine disruptors and things that fuck with your health in general. Also possible though not in an electric is an actual wrought iron kettle so long as you're not a haemochromatosis irishfag or something

Though if you have the house that can support it, the chad option is an "insta-hot". One of the best things around I've found, if you use it with a proper high end tank/holding , cabling, and dispenser .

>design like this HAS to be retardproof
Only in America

I agree with the other yanks though, I don't want no dirty stinking plastic povvo kettle fuck that shit.

Is the inside of the microwave water proof?

>no dirty stinking plastic povvo kettle
Mine's made of glass and metal.

Wait.
Euros don't have microwaves?
LOL WAT

This makes Western Europeans have PTSD flashbacks.

Attached: file.png (1000x600, 495.5K)

You are both retarded.
Electric kettles work just fine on 110v. Americans don't usually have them because coffee is more popular than tea.

based, euros have to pay russia for gas so this destroys them

I use a 120V electric kettle almost daily

quads of reason

A lot of people here use these kettles including myself

Miss me with your gay shit.

Attached: 003_custom-adc8af4b4bcc24ca392d0eea1b2b0350ef03ed61-s1100-c50.jpg (1066x1595, 138.88K)

samesies

Attached: 1454ebfb-51c4-4262-8219-2f6bf4bf52e5_1.c5750ad9821eed847d582a7d76ef267a.jpg (1500x1500, 96.86K)

As an American I use this biatch almost every day for coffee and tea

Attached: 40899-02.jpg (1500x1500, 186.18K)

Naw, I bought one to make my coffee. It's fucking awesome. Would probably be better if we didn't have wimpy 120V outlets.

I have that exact one as well lol

i understand them roughly, critically i know they're only about 70% efficient at turning electricity into microwaves
your 1000W microwave is boiling water 50% slower than a 1500W jug would, all while using close to the same amount of power

>not having +/-1 degree control over temp
pleb tier

Attached: t_14__13.jpg (700x700, 25.05K)

>how long does it take
Americans don't have "fear in their hearts" because they have to wait twice as long for water to boil

sure i do, it's called adding more or less milk to suit
even when not using milk i can adjust the temp just by adding some cold water

>This confuses and angers the Yuropoor
Japan USA 110v alliance

Attached: 61zoVAgOC7L._AC_SY879_.jpg (505x879, 35.71K)

i have the 220V version of this model lol

congrats

Electric kettles would work just fine on 110v if mutts didn't also have 20amp max circuit breakers

japan uses 100V

what even is this thread?
I'm an American and I have two kettles, but I only use them maybe once every 3 months to make tea because I'm too busy kms drinking diet coke and cheap booze the rest of the year
everyone has one, nobody uses it regularly, we're not THAT different from you guys ffs

Attached: 1643432755152.jpg (1080x1070, 575.7K)

>nobody uses it regularly, we're not THAT different from you guys
that's where you're wrong, kiddo
youtube.com/watch?v=slDAvewWfrA

Here in Germany, 1.5 liter takes about 1:30 minute to get it boil and shut off automatically when i fill it with really cold water.
In the US, i had a different model, but that took about 5 to nearly 6 minutes for a liter.
How can 110volt-lets live with that.
No wonder they never use them if it takes ages to boil water in them.

No. I used to have to use one of those to bathe and wash clothes with (in a bucket) when I was a teenager in Appalachia.

But it all makes sense.
Ameripoors build their houses from cardboard and paper sheets and you simply can't lead more than battery power levels of electricity through it.
Their houses would catch fire in zero time.
Same with water. If there's a water damage to a buidling in the US, it's structural integrity is threatened since water + paper and cardboard isn't a good combination if you want shit to hold together.
But at least, they have fake balconies they can never use.

I bet my Bitcoin wallet on that 9/11 only happened because someone boiled water on an upper level there and spilled some drops while sitting at a desk.
We all know how shit did end.

>In the US, i had a different model, but that took about 5 to nearly 6 minutes for a liter.
this is a complete lie. I can boil 1 liter of water in around 3 minutes with pic related

>this is a complete lie. I can boil 1 liter of water in around 3 minutes with pic related
lol.
You can't. Be sure.

>he doesn't boiling his coffee maker
youtube.com/watch?v=oWuyrlXI7nA

Get one with temperature control so you can brew your green tea at 80°.

What if its glass

I'm literally going to go downstairs and time it right now, faggot.

>I'm literally going to go downstairs and time it right now, faggot.
webm or it didn't happen. kek

Do amerisharts really not have glass cookware??

It's always plastic on these things.

The cheap shit is plastic, I'd imagine it is there too

Dude, they even drink beer from plastic bottles. What do you think?

I've never seen a plastic beer bottle
>t. American
For the record though aluminium cans are plastic lined on the inside

We have glas bottles here in euro.
But i've seen huge plastic bottles with beer in the US at costco, Walmart and others.
So yes, americans really do this.

I was literally taking a video on my iphone but deleted it because I realized you could see my face in the reflection fucking lmao

Doesn't matter though because you were right- it took exactly 4 minutes for the water to boil and 4 minutes, 20 seconds before it was really going. I could see 1.5 liters easily taking 6 minutes. I kneel. Now I have a cup of sleepy time tea so thanks though lol

I've never seen beer in a plastic bottle. Cheap liquor, sure, but never beer.

>But i've seen huge plastic bottles with beer in the US at costco, Walmart and others.
never once have you seen this.

I have more if required

Attached: Milwaukee's Beer Platic Bottle.jpg (612x612, 35.49K)

I didn't say it doesn't exist, I said I've never seen it

Dude, nice being honest at least.
That was also my experience. When i moved to the US, it took much longer for the water to boil than it did in Youroland
It all came down to the 110 volt being less capable when high power is needed.
So i started using my gas stove in the kitchen instead.
No wonder they use kettles a lot less in the US, since they aren't a time saver, but a time stealer instead.
And they were invented to save time not to steal. So in the US the 110 volt system defeats their very purpose.

It's all over the place in grocery stores and gas stations.

Attached: Plastic Beer Bottle Amstel USA.jpg (2338x1653, 650.97K)

I have an electric stove so this is still an improvement lol. It sometimes takes like 7-8 minutes to boil enough water for pasta. Funny enough my portable gas stove for camping boils water as fast as the kettle does lol.

I have literally never seen this shit in my entire life and I have lived in 4 different states in vastly different parts of the country.

Well I can understand how a foreigner would have found that but as an American being familiar with American brands I must've skipped right over the bargain barrel shit. Again, never seen it

Exploding water is great!

kek.
Depending on the electric system of the stove, it takes more or less time.
Ceran cookers or conventional heat plate stoves need a little longer than Induction stoves.
When i moved back from the US to Youroland, i was used to the quick and fast cooking abilities that gas stoves provide, but were bound to using electricity.
So i raped google and found out about induction cooking fields. They are as fast as gas but as clean as a ceran cooking field.
Effectvely, you need less electricity since it's much faster and the heat regulation is effective immediately. just like with gas.
I don't want to go back to Ceran or heat plates.
But keep in mind, you can only use steel kooking ware since aluminium without any steel inserts won't be heated up by an induction cooking field.

american who uses a 110v electric kettle for coffee (french press) reporting in

I found both Miller and Coors in PET bottles on many locations. You may be unaware, but they are around in Commifornia, TX AZ NM and FL at least.
So i guess they can be found in the other states as well.

Like I said, I'm familiar with good brands so I can understand how foreigners may have found it while natives have not

why would you want to boil water desu

hot drinks

Thanks for the tip! If we ever look for a new stove I'll keep that in mind.

Attached: 1584548525360.gif (292x292, 1.44M)

close enough

I, an American, use a stovetop kettle to boil water for coffee and then pour it into a pyrex container and strain.

Elecric kettle? Never heard of it.

50/50 shot you stove's an electric kettle once you put a kettle on the burner anyway

THIS
Coffee is the hot drink of choice in the USA. People do drink hot tea, but most tea is consumed cold.

As someone who's about to visit germany; what are some good beer brands to look out for?

Meds.

How do Americans brew coffee without a kettle?

Attached: 835353ac.png (267x270, 57.14K)

Primarily in a coffee maker. Though a lot of people go out and buy coffee that is already made...in a coffee maker. There are other ways too, like instant coffee, coffee press etc.

There are glass and metal water boilers, and there are plastic ones for 1/2 the price as well.

Same shit as everywhere. How retarded do you have to be to think it's different in europe or america?

>tea
Disgusting leaf water
>coffee
Disgusting bean water
How the fuck has so many people been brainwashed into thinking this trash is good? Tea was a fucking poverty drink passed down and people made their kids think it was good, and coffee is just a fucking straight up goddamn should be illegal drug. Fuck both of them. Drink water.

>haha wow americans have BEER in PLASTIC BOTTLES?!?

I'm sure you're not quite done huffing those farts with your head thoroughly stuffed up your ass, but the UK and rest of europe also sell beer in plastic bottles and it takes literally 5 seconds to google it and find proof.
I know you're some euro dumbfuck trying to play that snobby "we're so much better and cultured" card but you picked the wrong thing and just look like an idiot now.

Find something else to be a snobbish joke about

I wonder if the same people who do this are the same people who are scared of 5g because of radiation

instant coffee is pretty good so long as you don't just buy the cheapest brand possible

the cheap brands I'm almost positive aren't even coffee they've gotta be like chemically produced coffee-like flavors and synthetically produced caffeine, like you would fill a caffeine pill with. The flavor is just so bad it barely even registers as coffee.

t. hiker and take instant coffee innawoods

Anyway coffee discussions always get ruined by someone being a coffee snob about flavor minutae that don't even exist

What, a hot pot? Every other prisoner in America has one

Beer cans are also plastic lined.

Suppose they are

You seem to be implying that they ought to be scared of microwaved water, but why would they be? Perhaps they understand microwaves make water boil, and they believe 5G will also make water boil, but 5G is used for telecommunications devices and planting everywhere, while the microwave sits in their kitchen and has a protective faraday cage that prevents water outside of it from boiling.

Their reasoning seems much more reasonable than your implication that they must be retards for thinking 5G is bad but microwave water is good.

>muhh, you should have plastic beer bottles as well.
Snoflaking mutt spotted.

>I know you're some euro dumbfuck trying to play that snobby "we're so much better and cultured" card but you picked the wrong thing and just look like an idiot now.
Are you triggered by the fact most of the stuff you have is of lower quality?
Instead of whining, you should learn and try getting on par with us.

I don't live in america, retard

I'm calling you out for being a dumbass, and you are.

>I don't live in america, retard
Who said that the US is the only mutt land in the anglo world?

>I'm calling you out for being a dumbass,
No dude, you try to project that on me.
While plastic beer bottles in most youro countries are hard to find, they are very present in the US and leafnigger territory.
If you count russia as youro, you might be right. they have plastic beer bottles as well, but i can't remember seeing some in Norway, Sweden, Germany and Austria or Swizerland.

The ones made in Czech

>Tea was a fucking poverty drink passed down and people made their kids think it was good
in what fucking world is tea a "poverty drink"?
maybe for amerimutts but in china and japan, tea culture stretches back hundreds of years, and people are willing to pay a premium westerners won't. look up the sale histories of vintage puerhs if you want your mind blown

Attached: TB2iqU5lFXXXXayXXXXXXXXXXXX_!!788862029.jpg (750x531, 51.74K)

What if he starts off with the hottest water the tap can muster? Lol

why would you put refrigerated water in a jug?

Do your kettle not indicate in any way when they are done, so you have to stay there and monitor it? The *click* when my cheapo kettle reaches temp and shuts off is audible in most of the house, so I just go work on something else until it is ready.

>TFW burgers can't even cook water properly
The more I find out about this country regarding everyday life, the less I want to live in it.

>quads

Attached: 2dc6.jpg (336x442, 90.91K)

>Do your kettle not indicate in any way when they are done, so you have to stay there and monitor it?
It is made of glas and stainless steel, so the procedure is both audible and visible.
When it is finished and the water boils, the latch that is lit up blue snaps up and stops shine blue and that's also very audible.
There are more fancy ones with temps related programs, but we kept it simple for this one and ever since we bought it like 5 years ago, it still works well.
We use it a several times per day for both coffee and tea making. or i use it to boil water for a cup of ramen.

Attached: ProfiCook Wasserkocher.jpg (965x1200, 93.36K)

The argument that Americans don't drink a lot of tea sounds like a poor excuse. I don't drink tea and use mine all the time. Boiling water has many uses, and an electric kettle is the fastest and most efficient way of getting it.

> and an electric kettle is the fastest and most efficient way of getting it.
Induction is faster.

Americans don't have kettles and brits don't have air conditioners
what a countrys!

>water spils out and steams out of that pouring tube
nothing personell kid

it's winter, water from pipes is probably 3-4 degrees

induction can be faster but not always
3kW kettle vs 3kW induction hub is not that different

Zojirushi master race coming through, move out of the way, inferior water boilers

Attached: 51ult4-Oe+L._AC_SL1116_.jpg (900x1114, 55.15K)

A normal power outlet isn't rated for 3kW so a properly certified device won't pull that much.
Induction hubs on the other hand are connected to three phase which can provide up to 10kW and will often be capable of using more than 3kW.

If the bottom of your glass electric kettle is stainless steel, there will be a ring of silicone sealing the gap between the steel and glass. Enjoy becoming a tranny.

>A normal power outlet isn't rated for 3kW
are you sure about that? Mine goes up to 3,6kW
>Induction hubs on the other hand are connected to three phase which can provide up to 10kW
That is usually the case if you use all the burners at the same time, pumping that through single plate would be quite extraordinary in a residential model

based and samovarpilled

You can't realistically avoid the plastic, only minimize the exposure.

there are kettles that the part of that make contact with wate are made only out of stainless steel, leaving cord and handle to be coated with rubber/plastic

> shatter proof

Probably for large events where drunk people throw bottles. Less to clean up.

Or Belgium, if you're not a fan of hops.

Euro has 230V * 16A = 3680W / phase. I thought US has 115V * 32A = 3680W / phase. Isn't that true?

Nope, they have usually 20 amp, so only 240 watts at best kek
Burgers are basically getting cucked on their electricity

2400W*
Forgot a zero

Thanks. So the US have big weapons, big cars, big roads and big malls, but weak electricity. Hilarious.

ive lived in 3 different countries and ive never seen this

I have literally never seen a plastic beer bottle in my life

>Boiling water has many uses, and an electric kettle is the fastest and most efficient way of getting it.
Boiling water taps like Quooker are faster.
They are less efficient because they store boiling hot water got hours and hours just in case you want some, but from what I understand it's not a huge issue and Americans don't care about energy consumption or believe in climate change.

So why aren't they more popular in America?
Too expensive for the average American household?

I've only seen them on a music festivals.
They don't want glass bottles there for safety reasons.

Also in Romania they sold cheap beer in plastic 2L bottles.
I found it very weird but I guess it's cheaper and the locals buying them only seemed interested in getting drunk.

Why the fuck do Americans prefer coffee to tea?

why do you prefer tea to coffee?

I believe for a person that never drank tea or coffee in their life, tea would immediately taste better, while coffee is a more of a "acquired taste" drink.

coffee tastes like shit and has too high a caffeine dose

well my mum drinks tea and my dad drinks coffee, so the expose was pretty much perfectly 50/50 here
in anything i got more exposure to tea, since my mum is from england, so she drinks tea all the time, while my dad was some coffee, some beer
i didn't much like the taste of either when i was younger, but have since settled on coffee

Why not? A great diversity of flavors, less caffeine, less varieties that stain your teeth...

>great diversity of flavors,
Holy kek is that what coffee drinkers actually believe?

he's talking about tea there, mate

NVM I can't read and am retarded
Yes absolutely, tea is superior

Badly made coffee is an "acquired taste"
Good coffee is something even "coffee haters" can enjoy right away.
Unfortunately 98% of coffee is badly made, and its bitter taste is what people come to expect.

The voltage per se isn't the problem, they could just fit the kettle with a bigger element that can draw more amps, of course in that case they may have to upgrade all of the wiring on that circuit to tolerate the increased current.

English people all hate tea.
They can only drink "tea" when it's mostly sugar and milk, completely drowning out the tea flavour.

Most people do the same with coffee.
Just add sugar, milk, more sugar and some extra sugar and you don't have to taste it.

People are basically arguing over which sugary milk sugar drink tastes the least like something else.

imagine being a black tea/coffee elitist

green tea is more based than black tea

Most have their internal walls made of metal

>I found both Miller and Coors in PET bottles
WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WAIT WHAT THE FUUUUUUUCK

i honestly don't know anything about tea besides black

yeah, looks cheap and made of plastic. we have glass and metal so we don't shrink our dicks and turn gay.

Attached: P1011691.jpg (3264x2448, 3.36M)

while i've never seen beer in a solid plastic bottle myself, i see them in cans all the time, and cans are plastic lined on the inside, so they're effectively plastic containers as well, just with aluminium reinforcing on the outside

Attached: can with the aluminium dissolved off.jpg (636x382, 27.42K)

Yep, electrical kettles exist outside of 220V land. It simply takes longer to boil the water. I honestly don't understand this power-stancing over having 220V residential circuits.

>Plastic container for coffee right next to it
Why do so many people fall for the "Le evil plastic" meme?

Is coffee even good for you?

Attached: 1441359319262.webm (640x360, 2.99M)

storing in plastic is one thing. introducing large amounts of heat to plastic that contains things you plan on eating or drinking is another. faggot.

Attached: Plastic Bottle Coors Light 300ml.jpg (1000x1000, 44.13K)

the exterior is plastic, the interior is glass (not plastic)

>design like this HAS to be retardproof
That's why it's not popular in america kek

Attached: 1529353605044s.jpg (250x221, 3.79K)

Attached: Plastic Bottle Miller Genuine Draft.jpg (220x800, 36.01K)

The Tiger 4 Liter version is so based bros.
Variable temp hot water on demand, a de-chlorination setting...it even has a magnetic power-cord.

Attached: tiger heater.jpg (800x800, 202.65K)

this makes Americans shit and pisses themselves

Attached: state_bicycle_4130_fixed_gear_matte_black_2.jpg (1280x853, 108.17K)

green tea = fresh (it's just leaves from a bush).
black tea = old and fermented, decayed leaves.

Green tea is how you're supposed to drink tea.
But when Europeans first imported tea shipping took months so the tea became black during the trip.
And now Europeans think tea is supposed to be black.
Since black tea tastes awful Europeans add sugar and milk.

As a Dutch guy I cringe at fixies.

huh, i didn't know they were the same thing just in different states

the definition of hipster

No pedals is okay, but no lights?

no its the definition of FREEDOM

>no brakes
>no front or rear derailleur
>no cables
>no gears
>low maintenance

>A fucking city bike
>Hipster
Another amerilard exposes himself

Unironically the best is using the kettle first, THEN microwave for 30 seconds.
Tea isn't at its best at 100c, it is best when higher.
Most kettles don't reach the optimum temperature.

Disgusting

It's not a city bike.
It's a fixie, which indeed is only for hipsters who only care about how their bicycle looks.

Pic is a typical city bike, made for getting from A to B in comfort with little regards for looks.

Attached: 550x362.jpg (550x362, 37.66K)

cities ARE hipster centrals. there is literally no reason to not get a bike with real brakes. if they had real brakes maybe that asshole wouldnt of slammed into the back of my car

Corrr. Imagine not having an RO or distillation system. Mutt hour!

im pretty sure thats also a fixed gear bike you fucking retard

You are wrong.
Dumb retard go kill yourself

>boiling water over 100c

>he lives under atmospheric pressure
ngmi

well since i dont see i rear derailleur its a fixed gear or even worse, a fucking 2-3 speed internal hub gear

>single gear = fixed gear
Oh boy, you're more retarded than I initially thought.
Honestly why haven't you killed yourself yet? being this mentally handicapped why carry on?

wait you claimed that this bike is also a fixed gear without even knowing if its fixed or not, and now your going full schizo because you got triggered over hipsters or something? telling people to kill themselfv over a fucking bike? are you 14? this isnt Any Forums

take your meds man

not him but i'm not a bike nerd, i read fixed gear as meaning a single, fixed, gear
what's the difference in bike parlance?

>This strikes fear into the hearts of Americans.
Not really, but my grandmother thinks these are more of a fire risk than using a gas burner.

I'm American and I have an electric kettle. I dont use it but my wife does. What is up with this meme? Its a really bad one. A better one is saying how shit our plugs are compared to others.

>more of a fire risk than fire

fixed gear = when you pedal backwards you go backwards, and pedals move as long as your bike moves

single gear = when you pedal backwards it does nothing or sometimes it can be used for braking if the hub has a special component, and the pedals dont move if you stop pedaling

This isn't strictly true.
Chinks were drinking black tea long before Europeans were importing tea, and it's not just black tea, but fresh leaves were processed in a bunch of different ways to create many different teas of varying tastes. The same leaves were also processed as green tea leaves for sale and deporting. They weren't selling fresh leaves that just happened to turn black during shipping.
Also, not all black teas are blended to be mixed with milk and sugar. If your black tea tastes awful then you're using garbage quality black tea leaves. That, or you just can't handle the stronger taste.

Attached: 1617804527058.gif (399x498, 3.63M)

sorry to hear about your mental retardation

Fixed gear means it can't freewheel.
So you can't keep your legs still while moving.

It's used on track bicycles and sometimes as a training aid for road cyclists.
Hipsters adopted it about 2 decades ago because of the clean looks and to be able to do tricks.

oh i see, it's not a gearing difference, but whether it has a clutch or not
can't say i've used a bike with a fixed gear, then.. or even seen one, wouldn't that be dangerous, if you say, went down a hill... since there would be no way to prevent the pedals spinning?

I have a question. Do Americans REALLY not boil water and drink raw water straight from the tap? Or it's just a movie thing? Do plumbers wear sanitized gloves when fixing stuff? Are pipes coated in anti-microbe stuff?

In what 3rd world shithole do you live? Im from EU and most people drink water straight from the tap.

Tap water where i live is even higher rated than bottled water.

Americans don't drink from the tap since their water is chlorinated. They drink bottled water.

So, plumbers in EU sanitize their hands before handling pipes?..

>since their water is chlorinated
Just leave it overnight in a room with open window, it will all evaporate by then.

i have two of these and I am american.

How long does it last?

what last?

How long between buying it and it breaking?

i've had one for many years other one i got lost year. Ive never had any break unless I drop it.

i fixed two kettles at my work last week by directly connecting the wire to the kettle itself and not the base/pad basically making it a one unit.

Is there a risk in this? my workplace isn't going to set on fire is it?

no that's fine, it's actually how they used to be
you've basically turned your "cordless" jug into an oldschool corded jug

No, but it won't switch off by itself once 100c are reached.

pretty sure he means he's attached a jug cord directly to the jug itself and not the cordless base
a lot of cheap ones like pic related (don't know if this specific model is like this, but this is typical for the non-rotating kind) where the connection isn't circular, have regular male IEC pins hidden under the jug itself, into which you can just plug a regular female iec connector on directly

Attached: external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpg (300x224, 10.26K)

Depends how you "directly" connected it. If connection is bad, it's a fire hazard. Kilowatts of power are no joke.

ic

man for some reason i can't find many examples of this style at all, is it that rare? they're all the rotatable circular ones
i wanted a picture of the underside of the jug itself, but this will have to do
this connector is actually a female IEC plug, but with the tops of the slots open, so the male IEC pins slide into it from the top

the end result is the same, the jug doesn't need to be modified

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 67.52K)

Bottlecaps have plastic on the inside tho

Yeah that's what i did just put the male into the female sockets and put some tape over them.
And both do switch off automatically after boiling.

Yeah fire alarm going off would be a bitch to deal with they would probably fire me for being a smartass

Tea is best made with water at temps between 82 to 85 degree celsius.
Hotter than that, tea gets bitter and the taste literally vanishes.

>Tea isn't at its best at 100c, it is best when higher.
mfg oooommmmpppfffffhhhh

>Tea is best made with water at temps between 82 to 85 degree celsius.
>Hotter than that, tea gets bitter and the taste literally vanishes.
>>Tea isn't at its best at 100c, it is best when higher.
>mfg oooommmmpppfffffhhhh

Retard, it varies based on the tea.

Tea is good at 80 degrees. This is a troll.

you're supposed to drink tea at 80, not start putting your tea bag in there lol

Look at these fucking babies.
>oh noooo it's bitter waaaah
I bet they are fat from all the fucking sugar they put in their tea.
The bitterness is literally the good bit about tea, you tards.
I bet you'd vomit on a kiwi.

personally i let it cool just a little bit for black tea but like the other user i quite like the bitters
for green tea on the other hand i usually use ~90C for the first infusion but flush that one away and then ~80 for the second and third
for herb and fruit teas i just use boiling water

i genuinely cannot think of a usage for it, other than tea what is this for?

>Making mustard gas

It may exist in the US, but no one drinks them really. I have personally been to every state east of the mississippi and I have never seen anyone drink one of these. Most people here drink shit beer sure, but they still drink from cans and glass bottles 99.99% of the time so it isn't really a thing

I believe this only happens with distilled water.

Why are all european threads trash? It's always some superficial assessment of America and it usually isn't even true. Yes, we do have electric kettles here. Some people use them. It also may be cheaper to just use a stovetop depending on where you live in the U.S.. Some people just don't drink tea here. Also yes you can use one on a standard 120v outlet here, and no we are not limited to 120v appliances.

Hot compote > Any tea
Tea is always bitter

>Tea isn't at its best at 100c, it is best when higher.
BRB, gonna buy autoclave for my tea

I always brew my tea at 100°C and it's fucking delish.

>It's always some superficial assessment of America
Did you miss today's thread about Germany lol?

this crummy pale only gets to lukewarm?

>Electric kettles work just fine on 110v. Americans don't usually have them because coffee is more popular than tea.
they drink luke warm and filtered PISS water that's left on the heat all day. americans barely understand the concept of coffee let alone know how to make it properly, so it's understandable why they'd be frightened of an electric kettle.

I thought the OP was kinda fuggin around about the stove thing, but yeah there was a bit of retarded cringe on that thread.

Why?

>fat american can't drink anything that isn't loaded with sugar.
Your opinion matters not.

Yeah, I also activate my water with a microwave before consuming it

Attached: tea.webm (480x854, 2.59M)

This makes me agoraphobic

Black tea is delicious.

Green/white tea tastes like dirty bathtub water.

Yeah cool I love getting rid of all the flavorful oils in my tea and just dumping it right down the drain so I can drink over steeped burnt shit tea yaaaaaay

this nigga microwaving water

this
>If your black tea tastes awful then you're using garbage quality black tea leaves. That, or you just can't handle the stronger taste.
exactly; my ceylon tea actually tastes worse when i add sugar to it.

That literally gets them out more, idiot.

>he steeps his tea IN boiling water
let me guess, you like percolator coffee too

The one in the pic is a metal body, and it sure as shit will burn the living fuck out of you if you touch it.

>in what fucking world is tea a "poverty drink"?
Bosnia, lol
They don't drink tea outside of medicinal purposes, not even joking.

European education, everyone

That's what happens when you're one of the first countries to electrify.

Tea more often has higher caffeine content than coffee does.

no

>Retard, it varies based on the tea.
No, you are the retard. Tea has an actual taste depending on their sort.
You just don't know, because you have always destroyed it with too hot water and drank the bitter shit that was left after your damage was done to it.

>The bitterness is literally the good bit about tea, you tards.
Idiot, if a tea tastes only bitter and nothing else (which happens when you use too hot water like 95 to 100 C) you pretty much destroyed your brew.
Same goes for using the correct temperature between 82 and 85 C but brewing it for too long.
But since you larp knowing better, you probably never had a proper made tea of quality.

>Tea is always bitter
There is always a little bitterness in a tea, that's right, but a properly brewed tea is never majorily bitter. NEVER !!!

>tea.webm
So you replied to me three times to finally show us how tea is destroyed effectively?
No wonder you are a retard.

we made it on the heckin front pagerino!

Attached: file.png (1408x1006, 1.17M)

NTA, some black teas might call for like 90C and some greens 75C but yea youre correct that ~85C is the sweet spot that works for most everything. 100C is too hot for most every tea.

the reason they used a stovetop kettle in seinfeld was because it was a comedic prop. stovetop kettles are as rare as electric kettles in the US. the reason most americans don't use kettles - stove or electric - is because most americans strongly prefer coffee to tea, and for the occasional cup of tea the microwave will do just fine.

>NTA
???

Whenever I don't let it get "too hot" and let it brew too long (10-12 minutes) the leaves are still not on the bottom of the kettle, floating on top (with a bit of foam). It also takes that long until I see steam leaving the kettle. How long should I be waiting?

"not that user",

if you're drinking 1.5 liters of tea every minute and a half you've got bigger problems than worrying about line voltage.

Uhh tell my iKettle that, motherfucker boils water in less than a minute whenever I want and from wherever I want tough the app or trough Google assistant

But the US electric system is 240V.

This thread is weird. Why have an extra appliance that will take up space?
If I need hot water I just put some water in a pot and boil it over the stove.

Attached: waterpot.png (1373x1798, 3.18M)

>Americans
i cannot even imagine being not Americans. it must suck so bad to be not american, and therefore poor, gay, and irrelevant

t. got ass kicked by a bunch of untrained goatfuckers after spending couple trillions of shekels specifically to not get ass kicked by a bunch of untrained goatfuckers

>didn't read
i cannot even imagine being not Americans. it must suck so bad to be not american, and therefore poor, gay, and irrelevant

Same reason we have microwaves when ovens exist.

Shhhhh... The Europoors don't need to know this information.

ITT: people gatekeep boiling water.

never change, Any Forums. never change.

it's slow, when i need a pot of boiling water, i boil the water in the jug then pour it into the pot

Enjoy your nickel exposure, europoor.

>Whenever I don't let it get "too hot" and let it brew too long (10-12 minutes)
The water temperature for a tea to get good should be in the range of 82 to 85C when you start the brewing process.
The brewing time should not exceed 2:30 minutes. Allthough some sorts can be brewed as long as 3:30 minutes. But never longer especially not with black tea.
The brewing time for mint tea, or any other tea not containing black nor green tea is unclritical as long as you keep the recommended temperatures i told you.
10 to 12 minutes is WAY too long and destroys black or green tea no matter what quality it has.

>the leaves are still not on the bottom of the kettle, floating on top (with a bit of foam).
Don't uese this as an orientation on when the tea is ready. Use the timespan as an orientation that i gave you.
I don't know where you get the foam from, but the teas i'm buing are not foaming.

lmao look at this coping boillet
i bet you don't even own a firepit
imagine not being able to enjoy the supreme way of boiling water

no unfortunately, i have to wait for sunny days and use mirrors to focus light into my water to boil it.

Pots can't boil 1 cup of water in 20 seconds.

>if you're drinking 1.5 liters of tea every minute and a half you've got bigger problems than worrying about line voltage.
Keep on projecting nigger.
I never said i drink 1.5 liters every minute and a half. I just don't like waiting for for ages just to get some water to be boiled up.

But you could at least expose you frustration levels here. Well done user.

Boiling water is literally all humanity has ever done. We boiled it to make stews and soups since the dawn of man. We learned to boil it to power the industrial revolution. We found better ways to boil it by splitting the atom or concentrating the sun. This is a rock spinning through space covered with 7 billion water boilers. Youve going to get tribalism.

>waiting for sunny days
>not having a village shaman summon the sun spirit every day so you can enjoy some prime boiled water
holy fuck you are a pleb, leave

Actually for the americans with a gas stove it's almost equally fast.

I'll probably have a cup of tea before you're done putting the pan on the stove tho.

Attached: Xiaomi-SCISHARE-Smart-Heating-Water-3-Seconds-Water-For-A-Variety-Of-Cup-Type-Household-Appliances.jpg (1000x1000, 123.48K)

the shaman died of typhoid fever a few years back, we gotta make do with what we have man.

I use one of these. The whistle is part of my house's soundscape in the morning.

Attached: file.png (1400x1400, 1.53M)

>This is a rock spinning through space covered with 7 billion water boilers.
why the fuck is this so funny

Attached: b317fa39e598044839ef2c020eab446b170fca55d775f724df076ce46d4b83dd.png (420x427, 173.78K)

They're actually stupid things. Inline immersion heaters make much more sense, particularly if you run your combi boiler in eco mode like most people do to avoid the boiler switching on and off during the night.

i saw a video of one of those making a small cup of hot water in a previous thread (yea this is not new topic)
it took the same amount of time for it to work as it did my jug to boil half a litre (just enough to cover the element), and since i often make two cups at a time, this ends up faster, since i can put just a little over 500mL in and get two cups out of it

Most americans simple have a "boiling water" faucet. Its piped near the kitchen sink and to the toilet most often. The high temperatures automatically sterilize the toilet and keep it warmer than ambient temperatures, so you dont have to sit on a cold seat at night.

Attached: file.png (1400x1050, 2.29M)

time to raid the neighbouring tribe and steal their shaman
your way of boiling water is utterly unacceptable in anno domini MMXX

theirs is jewish. i don't want jew water

>so you dont have to sit on a cold seat at night.
And this nation is supposed to win the next war against Russia?
Half of the american population will die within two days if their microwave ovens stop working. The other half dies if their PS5 doesn't get delivered this year.

Russia has literally nothing to fight for. Nothing short of God can stop a 500lb man whos heated toilet seats are on the line.

nothing short of god can lift the fuckers, that's for sure.

Attached: 1539965275216.jpg (960x960, 58.67K)

Justice will be served and the battle will rage
This big dog will fight when you rattle his cage
And you'll be sorry that you messed with
The U.S. of A.
'Cause we'll put a boot in your ass
It's the American way

Attached: file.png (810x1280, 697.24K)

>Nothing short of God can stop a 500lb man whos heated toilet seats are on the line.
He'll die of old age before he waddles anywhere near the enemy line.
Also, i don't think your generals are prepaired for having to deploy snack stations every 50m.

>americoping

At 110v it takes a very long time to get a rolling boil in a kettle. Plus Americans are fucking stupid and fat

MSR Master Race coomin through

Attached: outside tea time.jpg (474x474, 17.71K)

>Shit you don't need: the post

Its in the filename user

>so you dont have to sit on a cold seat at night.
just use a plastic or wooden seat instead of a ceramic one, then it won't be as shocking

Theck? Warm toilet seat is disgusting.

Its bait
That is a boiler for a radiant home heat

Thanks, I will try this out.

Based and statin pilled

Yes, like the JewSA did in vietnam, Iraq and now Afganistan.
The vietcong and the taleban are still impressed how murrika won.

Elephant clan represent

i just use the stove, senpai

What the fuck am I reading

OMG GUISE WE DID THE FUNNY FPBP WE REALLY DELIVERED THE BIG LAFF THIS TIME HEY DO YOU SEE IT ITS HARD TO SEE THE PART WHERE HE HAS DA GREEN MAYMAY ARROW AS THE THING THEN HIS ACTUAL THOUGHTS IN THE OTHER THIGN WE REALLY DELIVERED IT HAHAHA

exactly where kettlefags belong

>tfw moved to a country that uses 100V
>water now takes 5+ minutes to boil
why do people live like this? I just don't understand why you would willingly do this to yourself.

Attached: 1545329819512.png (645x773, 11.04K)

>This strikes fear into the hearts of Americans.
??? these are extremely common in the rocky mtns and midwest area. i had no idea it was a regional thing

American education, everyone

Attached: siedeverzug.webm (1920x1080, 2.2M)

yes, it has to be pure distilled water, regular drinking water has impurities in it which lets the boiling process kick off automatically

that just sounds like you have dirty tap water

try drinking some distilled water and see how that goes

RIP in peace
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superheating

most water isn't pure enough and will just start boiling on its own when overheated

>try drinking some distilled water and see how that goes
no i mean i have seen superheating with tap water so if yours doesn't it must be quite impure

i see, i don't know how pure the water needs to be
i've never in my life heated water in a microwave, that isn't a thing here

I once heated an egg in the microwave and got spanked in response. I didn't do any further microwave experiments.

I heard somewhere that it depends more on the smoothness of the container than the purity of the water. No idea if that's bullshit or not.

You're on crack, burgerbrain.
As several other anons have pointed out, 85 degrees is the magic temperature for tea.

Europoor here, can you explain why??
It's metal on the inside idiot