Dumb dev stories

Post stories of retarded devs who somehow got a job without being able to do simple things. Im in uni but in a 3rd year software course, groups of 5-7 on a fullstack project idea of our choice, someone asked on the class discussion forum "what does git pull do". The idiot asked anonomously. This was covered in class, they could have easily googled it, and it was covered in one of the previous classes that was a pre req. Hard to imagine these retards exist.

Attached: brain.png (860x736, 318.7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

keka.io/en/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

bamp

Some guy didn't know how to encode URL with parameters, because everytime he added a parameters with spaces it would just ruin the URL. For example:
/torture?name=cock and balls&pain=3
So he just made his own way to encode them, using javascript to convert them to hex, but the algorithm was implemented so bad it was something like O(n^3). I was I had the code snippet.
/torture?name=E4AB&pain=7

Nice blog but nobody cares, you sound rather unbearable BTW

>blog
retard who cant even identify a blog. can already tell youre a zoomer.

>Student asks anonymous question in a course theyre paying money for
Go fuck yourself

Happened recently.

Coworker of mine had to implement an API for a client's website. He tested it, confirmed it worked, and delivered instructions to the client by mail.

Client's tech person mailed back angrily that it didn't work and demanded a fix.

Of course it was his day off, so I had to look into it without any documentation because who the fuck writes documentation nowadays amirite.

Turns out he tested the impl only locally. On prod it didn't work because it needed some library version 2+. Prod ran version 1. Of course he tested only locally with version 2.

This is the kind of bs I have to deal with daily.

paying money doesnt mean you can be a bitch retard

>be frontend crudmonkey
>backend in go never works
>retarded go developers can't fix backend
this is retarded

> anonymous forum
> some college kid starts dumb dev thread as if he has something to contribute

you honestly cannot make this shit up.

Was working on a school project a few months ago, It was some fun game to teach OOP design patterns. We had a Singleton class which was the one instance of the board for the game (just an array really), and like 5 different states a character on the board could be in. I finished all of the State classes and afterward one of the members in my group edited all of my States to actually take in the Singleton in the constructor and hold the Singleton in the class as a variable. I looked at other classes and he did this for literally everything instead of just calling the getSingleton() method whenever you needed it. It didn't really matter but it pissed me off so much since now every constructor ever had to keep passing the Singleton down over and over.

He did this a few more times with other things. Just storing objects for no reason because he didn't like doing "object.getParent().getThing()". Fucking infuriating. I wasn't about to go and edit everything so I left it and still got an A on the game.

In my game dev class this guy gave a presentation and proceeded to denigrate his teammates for not working for 3 minutes straight until the professor told him to stop and gtfo because he was so mad, one of the most awkward things I've witnessed in school, glad I graduated

at my first real job I had to work with government devs who were terrible at everything, the client complained about an error so someone submitted a PR that wrapped the entire main() in a try catch to suppress the error without handling it, and I had to review the PR and gently explain it wasn't an appropriate solution. These people probaby made 2X my salary.

Your team member is correct. Service locator is an anti-pattern, decency injection is the hot new thing now.

Do you at least remember the gist of the algorithm? How is it possible fuck that up so badly?

you sound like an insufferable asshole. enjoy dying alone

Doesn't really seem like the same thing when it's a Singleton but sure. Otherwise, having a class that holds two objects and all 3 of them are storing the same thing seems redundant for no reason.

There's no dev/staging environment or QA process? Sounds like a monkey house there.

>kid is absent the day a thing is covered
>politely asks about it to his classmates
>fat sperg that no one sits near in class goes on Any Forums and cries about it

>get asked to deploy a web3 application
>MUH reliable and MUH scalable
>start looking at the codebase while working
>find ~100MB of commited application logs
>find fucking symlinks in node_modules to developer home
>/Users/retard/Development/work/XYZ/node_modules/ABC
>find absolutely unnecessary dependencies in package.json
>find actual credentials to dev mongo db in the repo
>find commited binary tools
>find frontent created with create-react-app with minimla changes
>find some other react project was copied in for no fucking reason
>find that about 70% of the files are not used and unrelated to the app
My forehead hurt from facepalming. I hate webdevs so fucking much.

It wasn't my reposnibility to fix any of that but I did, because I felt dirty working on that repo.
Started completely orphan branch from scratch to not keep any of the retarded history.

Oh, and the commit messages, the fucking commit messages...
>update
>qwe
>qwe
>up
>updt
>qw
>qwe
>asd
I can't, I just can't... I literally can't even.

Attached: HELP.jpg (540x876, 47.65K)

That's why new developers / companies demand a lot the fact of using library handlers, npm, composer, frameworks and any other background "magic" that they don't even understand, for the simple act of copying and pasting and the ability to replace any code monkey instantly. Developers no longer develop, they just paste code after code after code until they make an disgusting monster that stands on its own by a miracle and barely does what it should do.

Few understand, edit and correct their own code or even design in ways that they never forget their entire project. These days it's rare for even one developer to know their own code or figure out what they did. And the constant use of libraries has helped them not even understand what happens in each of these final projects, nor do they know that there are methods to optimize.

It is insane how out of 10 programmers 2 know what they are doing or are even constantly improving their projects and putting together different ways to do things well, the other 8 are copying the previous 2.

Attached: if you're reading this, pls fren i wanna go back so much.jpg (214x236, 7.22K)

Yes, the quality devs do not stay long in shitty companies flooded with retards, they usually get better offers and leave, and then the second best guy has to do 3x as much work for the next month before he finds something better. Or just rage-quits.

This is how companies - and civilizations - collapse.

quickly, faggot, say the difference between git pull and git clone, time 10 secs to answer fucking fag

git pull fetches and merges with your existing index
git clone fetches and checks out the tip of the default branch

git pull my dick

You covered git in class? You're supposed to find that out on your own. Sounds like a pretty shit school.

>>find fucking symlinks in node_modules to developer home
This automatically means that the docker image provided from upstream is backdoored.

your asshat comment is no better
heres your ill gotten (You) faggot

I'm too overwhelmed by retards at my current workplace to even procure a specific story. Quitting soon.

>find it out on your own
What the fuck is this meme? If I'm paying some dickhead the kind of tuition prices that exist today, he better answer every god damn question I have, including where the any key is, and then thank me for asking it.

>Im in uni but in a 3rd year software course
Practice your Fizz-Buzz tests.

>Quitting soon.
Unless the pay sucks, why? You fags take this shit to seriously. Oh know someone at my work is a dumb-dumb, so what? Do you own the company? No? Then don't give a fuck.

The university is there to teach you theory. It's not a coding bootcamp. You find out how to use version control in group projects. Sorry you're American, btw.

Because their retardation compromises a stable working environment. You can either work to change it or if its too entrenched, leave. Tale as old as time.

i was disgusted to see a contractor get hired for "crystal reports"

Fucking hate working with Pajeets. I swear Indians are not human

theres something called slides, tests, and exam. not to mention in the pre req class it was a group project with git where u had to pull constantly.

His pattern is correct for SOLID design. That's the D in SOLID. Dependency Inversion. You want to pass external dependencies in as constructors because then you can unit test it.

The way you had it, you couldn't test your classes without a real copy of a board. With his method you can pass in a test copy of the board. Not so important for a game program in a class, but imagine if it was a data access layer to a production database.

You need to use a dependency injection system to create your classes. That will handle creating the object and passing it as a constructor. Later, if you want to change it from a singleton to a multi-instance you can configure it in the factory.

It being a singleton is irrelevant. What's relevant is unit testing and compossibility. When the external dependency is passed in the constructor you can pass in a mock of the dependency letting you test it without requiring the infrastructure to create a real object (database connections, internet access, authentication, etc).

The issue of having to pass in the constructor is solved by using a factory to create your objects (Dependency Injection). You configure the factory to know how to make a "A". Then when "B" needs an "A" it makes an "A" (if required, or passes in a copy if it's a singleton) and makes a "B". Then when "C" needs a "B" it makes the "B" and the "A" and you don't have to worry about any of it. You just tell the factory if you want a singleton or a session based instance or a new instance every time.

>blog
Lmfao zoomer detected. It’s a greentext story collecting thread with OP providing OC to get it started although he admittedly did not greentext it. Fucking newfags, I swear, you all get worse every year.

>In my game dev class this guy gave a presentation and proceeded to denigrate his teammates for not working for 3 minutes straight until the professor told him to stop and gtfo
Holy kek
Moar?

>interviewing interns for the company's tired, old, legacy medical billing app, written in VB
>have a kid that talks about how great VB is and how its what they teach at his college, its his bread and butter, yada yada
>For the technical I asked him to literally just do a fizzbuzz console application
>Manager asked me to have him do it live
>he forgets how to declare a variable
>try to help him
>"so lets start with a dim and a type declaration"
>"oh right ok"
>writes out dim and the variable name, then we sit in silence for 20 seconds
>He leaves the call
>He emailed me 5 minutes later saying how sorry he was and what an idiot he feels like
>I did feel a bit bad for him actually, seemed like one of those guys who wants to get out of the rut
>Tell him that being persistent is one of, if not the most important aspect of being a dev and to keep at it.

Yeah the tone of the post is painfully 'I get good grades and I am a good, smart boy :)"

We were interviewing a young guy and he absolutely crushed the first interview. I was ready to hire him then. But in our second interview we asked him to present some code that he wrote to us and walk us through it. There were literally no constraints. Just walk us through anything. He presented some non-functional website that randomly selected items out of a database. Not the whole web site, just a single method, and it was a holy mess. This thing should have been 10 lines long at most, but was 80 and it clearly didn't work and clearly needed a lot of work before it would be functional.

It was a junior dev position so we expected some sloppiness, but it was pretty sad.

Our jr dev actually has the most time on the team i don't know how that dumb bitch managed to be with a company almost five years and still Jr. Cant even do basic shit right.

>be a discussion forum
>someone tries to discuss a topic
>i'm a huge faggot and try to shit on him because my life sucks

Ha - we had a dev like that. Eternal intern. He was only kept around because the president found him entertaining.

I once changed where some files were stored (moved all redux to a single folder) and the kid's brain fucking bricked.

He had to ask another dev (the person that got him hired) what I meant.

Was at a small company where I got some clout and they were okay with me being racist against curries. They just dumped shitloads of cash into an app that was actually just a fake static website, nobody figured it out. Company was in India. One week we get too into backend tasks and they are retarded and think that because nothing changed on the frontend, nothing was getting done. Reached out to me to hire a frontend dev, wouldn't listen about how this week was backend shit. Told them not to hire a curry. Next week they hire a curry. They literally dump pages upon pages of fucking javascript to do basic tasks. Import a different version of some shitty json library without knowing where to put it so it will be included everywhere despite me telling them. For example something you could do by just toggling one CSS class, they write 20 pages of fucking javascript to try to account for everything by force on the page. Do a code review and tell them this is bullshit, owners don't know what they're looking at. Have to wait 2 weeks for frontend tasks to accumulate. Spend a couple extra unpaid hours to get all their shit done. Show up next day and tell them what I did. Only then do they fire the curry on the spot. Within a month all their code was replaced.

20%? You are way too optimistic, user.

Please validate that I'm smarter than my classmates

If the client is paying you for a deploy server where shit like this can get caught then that's on them.

Nothing towards you because all VB is just supporting legacy apps and it's not like you decided this, but 99% chance this happened because of fucking retarded recruiters that have their heads way way up their asses that can't figure out what .net is after 20 years. Every time I'm on the job market I get contacted by shithead recruiters that are "super curious why I said I had 10 years of experience in .net but nothing mentioned in it". They are either hiring for VB, or they are quantum in the sense of, if you mention C# they will suddenly say C# is not .net and go back to the 20 year old definition when VB was more popular than it for only like 1-2 years. Don't even get me started on faggots who mix it up with asp and .net core. Literally every nigger recruiter is like this, I have 15 years of C# experience but they jump around between VB, asp, IIS, azure, and .net core and don't know that 99% of the time this is gonna mean you did it in C#. Yes I know recruiters are just worthless niggers who just change your resume and dump keywords in there and occasionally get a commission, but it's incredible how you can even ask them, so, you've failed 100% of candidates for not having "vb dot core asp" experience haven't you? and I've gotten them to admit yes this is the 5th round of hiring but they won't change

>his guy gave a presentation and proceeded to denigrate his teammates for not working for 3 minutes straight
poor guy, I feel his pain
not a good solution, but I still know very well how a person ends up at the point where shit like that starts to seem like a good idea

>out of 10 programmers 2 know what they are doing
This applies to everything. It's know as Sturgeon's Law.

are you one of those people who asks everyone 5000 simple questions that could have been googled in like 2 seconds each?
it's not just the fat autist who lacks the social grace to pretend to be nice to you who hates you - it's everyone

git is a plague.

I can confirm they do this on the job, too. When they start the job after having lied their way through the interview, what they do is try to ask you without garnering too much attention. They will ask you over direct message in whatever chat program you use, to do a "quick" call. They always say that, "quick call". They will talk about a bunch of bullshit to make the call last really long, then start asking you the basic questions that were in the job posting ie they were required to know. The reason they do this is because first off, they know that calls take longer to listen to than screenshots of what they wrote, and second they know even if you recorded it, it's to engineer the higher up person supposedly listening to it to give up after 10 minutes of the bullshit at the beginning. Never ever ever ever EVER accept random calls from people new on the job, it's always for this reason.

no exactly dumb, but interesting story from when I was a (talented) noob
> want to make a mobile space shooter
> just start doing it from scratch
> 6 months later I actually finish it (pic related)
> I never used a single breakpoint, all the debugging was done with prints
> no git (I once fucked the entire project and was lucky by having TimeMachine on)
> absolutely no architectural pattern
> the game sucks
> performance is ass
> but I still love it
I learned so much from this project, it’s amazing what I managed to do without any professional techniques

Attached: 11390AA3-1F2E-476B-9124-50E6D65FDDA2.jpg (577x1243, 682.88K)

>all the debugging was done with prints
Cookie crumbs are king.

Nothing wrong with prints. I've found and fixed some things just by using a log file that probably would have been more difficult to debug in a debugger. This is generally the case if you don't know where the issue is.

I know prints are useful, but imagine only using them for the rest of your life

Colleague couldn't revert a revert, he had to re-commit the change...

That’s based

Any time you share info about yourself is a blog

>In my game dev class this guy gave a presentation and proceeded to denigrate his teammates for not working for 3 minutes straight until the professor told him to stop and gtfo because he was so mad
I would pay to see this. I still get mad when I think about the Nigerian on my team who skipped almost every class and didn't ever contribute anything but showed up for our final presentation so he could graduate. The professor didn't give a shit and we couldn't kick him out.

literally a story from yesterday

context: currently 3 months into a fullstack bootcamp

>there is this super fat overweight girl that is always struggling with everything in the course
>has a "GIRL CODER" sticker on her laptop
>claims to "know java" and that she used to be a gamedev
>still hasn't managed to install SQL server on her PC
>each time she has an issue she sends a whatsapp to the group "does anybody have a mac m1 and can help me"

>fastforward to yesterday
>she asks me if i can send over my c# code to "check" if she did it correctly
>send her a winrar folder of the repo
>she texts me and says that it's not opening on her phone/macbook/ipad
>i asked her if she knows what a rar file is
>she said that she doesn't
>i asked if she googled it
>she said "of course that i did user"
>"tell her to just download winrar"
>claims that her laptop is already full of software and she doesn't want it to to get full
>literally a brand new M1 laptop
>told her that i can not help her and that winrar is one of the most basic pieces of software that you can have on your computer
>she got offended and said that she felt that my reply was aggressive, she is "sorry" that she isn't on my level of knowledge
>top kek

if she was a 7/10 cutie i would be nice but she is a obese disgusting russian girl that can't can barley fit between the desks of the classroom, oh and she stopped joining the zoom classes because she claims that the lecturer doesn't teach properly and that she will teach herself

goodluck fatty

Attached: aeAYQjW_460s.jpg (239x236, 12.91K)

I hate fat people

>we push .env to git on dev/prod/qa
>deveops doesnt care

sounds like pain, this is popular in java, correct?

Oh man, I am laughing at your life OP. The premise of this thread is hilarious You're trying to be condescending to people by making the thread about jobs, but you yourself are barely skilled (aka a fucking noob zoomer) so you have to tell a story about your uni class.

It's normal to ask a question in class. It's bizarre they had to do something anonymously. What if they have a learning disability or fell asleep in class? It doesn't really matter, ultimately, class is a fairly low stakes environment where the point is learning. if the student is able to learn, that's what matters.

I notice that your filename is "brain.png". I'm assuming you organize your data poorly (if at all) or had some kind of data failure, likely due to your own ineptitude when it comes to operating computers. You wouldn't need to search "brainlet" if you just had them saved. The fact you renamed the file when saving it (probably from some kind of hex code from google or external.duckduckgo.jp) sort of tells me everything I need to know - simultaneously incompetent and acutely self aware of it - so you need to try to find someone to pick on

You are the technological equivalent of a fat elementary school bully, lol. Leave this board and never return. 90% chance you are a win/itoddler as well. Fuck you nigger faggot

Attached: 1643286662136.webm (320x568, 1.71M)

Don't care nigger, still asking the question in class. Fuck you. Not my problem.

I don't care about your greentext story from your shitty bootcamp you absolute fucking autistic mongoloid. That's even more pathetic than the OP because you were too fucking pathetic to even get ACCEPTED to a university lmfao

>They literally dump pages upon pages of fucking javascript to do basic tasks.
good morning sir

> What if they have a learning disability or fell asleep in class?
You mean "what if they were retarded"?

Paid bootcamps are memes, unpaid bootcamps that use ISAs are superior to university because they don't spend 3.5 years to teach you progressively less the "wrong" way and cite some bullshit that doesn't work out. Real bootcamps work because they know how to filter niggers and make them sign an ISA, they don't succeed unless you do.

>learning disability
This is fake news, bullshit that losers make up for the perfect excuse and not ever have to hold a job and work. ADHD, autism, aspergers, are all 100% made up. You can change a child's handedness, ie there are many many documented cases of schools turning left handers into right handers, so you can teach a kid at a young age that their made up social or fake brain disease is a lie. The only thing that happened is it started to become less acceptable to do that to a child, that's all.

He's a chud retard who thinks more difficulty == more knowledger

>This is fake news
>Genetic differences are fake
>Pray the gay away
Leave retard
Stop derailing the thread also

No matter how good of a story you build up and tell yourself, what matters is that you are going to get filtered from the private sector which is all that matters. When you say this in an interview it means you do not want to do work and nobody is going to hire you. Long term goal you are only hurting yourself by trying to pretend you have some fake trendy mental disease, you only get out of a few years of school work because of it, that's why this shit took off. You don't have ADHD/autism/aspergers faggot

Thanks Jocko, you make a really compelling rebuttal

didn't even try to get accepted to UNI, acceptance rates to CS are super higher atm because tech is booming in my country... anyway i want to be a codemonkey that earns lots of money so a goverment paid bootcamp isn't that bad.

you don't have some trendy meme fake mental disease fag

I'd say there's at least a 30% chance you have ASD

>goes to shitty ass government paid bootcamp
>expects to earn lots of money as a code monkey
bright future user, very bright

say whatever you think nigger, at the end of the day i know i'm going to get a job that is well paid the moment i finish

btw the bootcamp is run by the top uni in the country

>bootcamp
>unironically using winrar
youre the retard here user

wow I am so smart for knowing what git pull does! I AM SUPERIOR

people that know how to use google are unironically superior

I know a CS graduate who doesn't know how to change input language on windows (She never used a mac or linux, she only used windows for her whole life so she's genuinely dumb if she doesn't know this).

Ik that programmers are not supposed to be computer technicians, but goddammit its literally on the taskbar how dumb do you have to be to miss that

the use of winrar disturbs me the most, idk why

>Hard to imagine these retards exist.
He will become your boss

YOU WILL TAKE MY 200 PAGES OF JS SCRIPT AND BE NEEDFUL, SIR

the scariest thing Ive heard was from a classmate of mine in uni, he unironically asked his mom for the winrar pro license for his birthday

Design patterns for pajeets

>google

You're deluded if you think recruiters care to know about any tech, it's just keywords to them. Especially within the M$ space, it's pajeets all the way down

Reading this thread is fucking depressing when you're looking for grad jobs, it makes the field sound like a pack of judgemental "as a mother" tier women. Google shit, understand it, try to remember good design principles and best practices/debug techniques = success? Hopefully

I had this too. Not Any Forums related but it was an intensive group project in which I did almost 100% of the work.
>be me
>have to design a glider as a group
>project is already supposed to be fairly heavy even when split across 3.5 months in a 6 person group
>I have to do literally everything because every other group member goes MIA
>already pissed, but the glider is cool looking and very unique so I'm not that mad
>just have to do the presentation now
>"hey guys, presentation is in a few days, here's all the info on the glider, now make the presentation"
>3 days pass, night before the presentation is due they still haven't done it
>I could pass the year without doing it but im now so mad I want to punish them
>decide to make my own presentation and have them read it out
>fill it with knife edge tier offensive jokes and blatant sexual innuendos
>they have to read this out in front of 250 people including our prude as fuck professor
>watching in glee as the rest of my group struggles to get through the presentation while getting mocked by everyone and death stared by my professor
And to think if they had just done the work they wouldn't have had to sit through the single most embarrassing moment of their academic career

Attached: 0c6.png (680x680, 315.21K)

>This was covered in class, they could have easily googled it
The same is true for anything covered in class. The derivative for cosin(x) was also covered in your calculus class, it's also googlable, and it also makes sense to ask. Is this you bragging that you paid attention in class and someone else didn't?

sounds based

sounds like he did a for loop for the actual conversion, or nested loops.

man someone is angry

It is a pain to learn, but it's normal and expected in both C# and Java website development and should be used for all development.

Why can't you use zip or even fucking 7z like a normal person?

I explicitly said the most widely known term for the action of using a search engine

be nice to her user, the poor fatty isnt at fault here, she probably is just dumb but thats not her fault
youre a dickhead and will be for the rest of your life
plus you should really practice talking to girls

be a discussion forum
be a discussion forum
be a discussion forum

>mfw when we are a discussion forum

Attached: mfw.png (100x100, 768)

>be backend javasir
>impossible to do end to end testing because frontend niggers are worthless
Goes both ways unfortunately

I think what’s most ironic about these threads is that the OP is generally also room temperature IQ, just with a superiority complex. You come across as an insufferable cunt, and i promise you’re not as intelligent as you think

It's okay to ask questions, but you should only have to ask it once.

That is harmful terminology though, dont turn an unjust disservice like google into a colloquialism for web search.

Don't tell me you are from Uruguay.

(I am the previous)
Don't tell me you are from Uruguay.

Not really, i worked on several projects with DI and it worked fine, now im workijg on a legacy shitshow where every module is a function that needs all of its deps as args and passing a class or whatever within these nested modules is shit

???
You can do e2e tests without a frontend, curl, postman or whatever

> internship 1
> unpaid
> did decant
> have job to research this thing
> OK.jpg
> slowly I get more and more pissed I was unpaid
> get offer for new job
> boss asks to meet with me
> ghost him
> new internship
> lazy fuck
> did nothing, didn't pay attention in meetings
> had no work
> got fired
> new internship
> did actually kinda well
> got new internship, wish my team well.
> new internship
> I got work I put off
> No worries I'll stay up
> End up playing games all day
> "fuck, no sleep. I'll do it today"
> didn't do work that day
> repeat for a week, I think I had 10 hours of sleep this week.
> they haven't caught on yet that I'm a goofball
> pull speech 100 fucking moves to get out of trouble
> I'm autistic but holy shit I can lie
> realize I have a problem
Work from home made me so fucking lazy. I got some coffee (I don't even drink coffee), my goal is to get my shit done over this weekend.
Fuck, how do you work from home anons managed to do this shit? Am I just a coomer/gamer? Should I stop jerking off/playing games to kill the addiction?

Attached: 1642983901120.gif (500x405, 1.63M)

holy based

This setup seems dangerous. Shouldn't you just have the libraries by synchronized using a package manager? Or you guys just using C++/some other setup where you can't easily sync libraries?

Attached: 1626470047751.gif (251x189, 743.2K)

I'm a dumb dev but my coworkers seem to like me more than the Adipose Wizards who smell weird and ramble about stuff no one cares. They are patient with me and teach me a lot of stuff.

>Should I stop jerking off/playing games to kill the addiction?
100%. It's the only thing that helped me.

>For example something you could do by just toggling one CSS class, they write 20 pages of fucking javascript to try to account for everything by force on the page.
Do you have a copy of this code?

>Because their retardation compromises a stable working environment.
How removed can you get yourself and your work away from the retards?

>>I have to do literally everything because every other group member goes MIA
Why do people do this? Just tell them ahead of time you won't do shit. Or replace excuse with "I need money to feed family" or "I'm just too fucking dumb and I don't think I can help with much"

Attached: file.png (922x589, 49.91K)

I didn't even read your comment yet I hate you as if I did

> Better devs
Is development a field where the better you program, the better you do?
Besides the interview, can't you just do the bare minimum in each company, and job hop every 2/3 years?

This one ain't really anyting much, i've been working on remaking an old rpgmaker porn game that was extremely poorly programmed. I remember at some point early in the morning, like 2am, i just snapped because of how utterly badly implemented the scripts were and sent this to a friend on discord.

Attached: retarded japaneese code.png (852x222, 24.66K)

OP sounds autistic

> including where the any key is
lmao

Cool story bro, I love how the theory I learned in college was so shallow that I can't even hold a water cooler conversation about the topic. Not only that, college is 4 years, and there's so much filler classes, I'm pound to forget shit. Not to mention if I wanted to learn theory, I would go to wikipedia.
College is for networking. If you want to application of CS get internship, theory of CS do research. Professors are just a waste of time
Still, American colleges suck ass
I will fail that, especially if I'm on my windows partition. What code can I show? All of my code for personal projects was shit because it was for myself. For work I know how to commit good messages, unit test, etc. If I could come up with code sure, I can make some that are good. If I could show off an application I made sure. But asking to check my code, when I might have niggers tongue my anus as a commit, that's too much.

Attached: 1634093129567.gif (225x225, 348.3K)

>tfw your face is a non empty list constructor

Attached: 1643396410011.gif (480x407, 1.23M)

every female coder ever

>>told her that i can not help her and that winrar is one of the most basic pieces of software that you can have on your computer
I mean, you did. You assumed she has basic tech literacy. Got to treat her like a retard. I would say
> winrar is the leading tech in compression software!
But I agree, she is a retard

> hey classmate, just use 7-zip it's free and no popup
> no
> why
> winrar is better
> why
> it just is, the UI is more intuitive
No sympathy for these niggers

Attached: 1643296660814.gif (500x288, 2.26M)

Had a coworker who wrote his entire CRM in PHP + MySQL + Apache . I'm calling those out very specifically because I mean JUST those things. He very deliberately excluded any package managers, he did not use filesystems for storage or serving of images. He LITERALLY only used those three things. Technically platform agnostic because he literally did not interface with the filesystem at all.

This motherfucker encoded every file, whether it be a zip download, or an image, as a bas64 string and stored it in MySQL. The jumbotron banner on the home page was a base64 encoded string stored and retrieved FROM the database on every load. Doing it that way and embedding it into the page also fucks with caching, so it had to be done every time for every image.

The homepage was a 17 second load, and absolutely fucking massive since base64 is obviously going to take more space than the fucking image itself served from disk

>autism
It's not for me. I think however, I became a fucking sociopath. I know what people want to say unless they're emotionally vulnerable. I do great in work and I'm a kissless virgin

Sounds based as hell

>Had a coworker
Sounds like a pajeet.

They ended up wasting my time because the owner transferred management of the company to his retarded son and literally expected me to log on at 3am, within 10 seconds of him posting "hi", which I was also expected to understand meant "I just looked at another random product we've never talked about before and want to change the whole app again". So I should post it, it's not like anyone from there would recognize it.

Also, as another person in this thread made mention, they also did, in the javascript framework, the:
>parent( ).parent( ).parent( ).child( ).parent( )
etc instead of just doing the equivalent of a "find the first X". They did use the find function so they knew about it. They purposefully spammed parent( ).child( ) etc so shit would break on purpose with one change. All curries are like this

Because they are trying to game the system, agile/scrum whatever, 3 months down the line, they know the system the company uses will mark it that they did the ticket. They are bullshit artists and they know it.

Worked with similar retards who don't know what a cache is or even an attempt how they'd do it, they always make the program do everything from scratch and not try to bake or cache anything, again not under pressure asked on the spot but given months. Everything is a database call and the company ends up with a $10K a month CPU bill or something like that, they always say "not my problem" or "would have worked and been fast if we just dumped a hundred thousand per month on it"

>>Had a coworker
Believe it or not it actually wasn't. It was for a computer repair place that had it's own software team. The CEO was a psychotic retard who was openly white supremacist, and hired this starbucks faggot (actual homosexual -- everyone knew because he wouldn't shut the fuck up about it) who did all this shit. He was there 4 years before he finally quit and left his dumpster fire behind.

>have coworkers
Thats my story.

Kek. I realized the value of caching when I had 1K reads an hour of my application from one user

>The CEO was openly white supremacist
Sounds based. He probably saved you a lot of headache by not hiring niggers and pajeets.

>A web application rendered entirely, all HTML, styles and JS with ASP response.write(...) and if...else clauses. Used an old IBM DB2 database with horrible Java-based management software.
And of course all queries were just string concat with no checks for injection. At least it wasn't public facing and actually worked well enough that I didn't need to touch it except a few times.

>ASP.NET Webforms single page applications that loaded every view, many with large-ish datasets (of course with no proper server-side pagination) every time and navigation using jQuery to hide or show them.
Maybe it was fine when there wasn't that much data and different views but the horror when we were asked to make it faster and saw why it was so slow.

Of course, you can all kinds of financial benefits from being the most productive and most skilled in any place you go to. Companies will be more likely to give you counter offers for example. At least till they find a replacement.

But you shouldn't take counter offers: it lets them know you're thinking of leaving and train a replacement.

No because we listen to specific events generated by our frontend, it's not a simple REST api

I hate derivatives so fucking much it's unreal

Why not? I've taken 2 counter offers from my employer in the past 4 years and I'm perfectly happy working there since I have a lot of control over my area of work. It was a bit of a bluff, since I wanted more money but didn't really want to leave.

>no staging platform
>no lockfiles

Huh, I thought they would kick you out for that. I guess I"m wrong

While I'd normally agree the guy was also an unironic fucking psychopath. He literally broke labor laws all the time and treated even his own employess subhuman. As much as I hate virtue signalling niggerlovers, I'd honestly rather work for someone like that over this guy

>As much as I hate virtue signalling niggerlovers, I'd honestly rather work for someone like that
No, you wouldn't. In fact, assuming you're a straight white man, you wouldn't stand a chance getting hired by a nigger lover.

At that job with that piece of shit, I was paid like shit, not given WFH accommodations, despite medical needs, told to clock out and continue working, and was issued death threats twice.

At my current job, I'm paid 6x (not including benefits, which are worth more than my old base salary), permanent WFH (pre-COVID), I get insane pay bumps each year, retention bonuses, etc, and have insane tenure. And this CEO is a blatant niggerlover. We spent all of February listening about niggers -- but hey, at least I get paid for it and I can shitpost on Any Forums screaming nigger the whole time to let off some steam.

If you hide your powerlevel, sometimes the more liberal companies are still the better option. They pay better and treat you better -- so long as you can hide your power level and can prove you're a 10xer that makes up for all the niggers they're hiring. Even the smart niggerlovers know they gotta hire some real talent to prop up their dead weight.

Attached: ohDKCIO.jpg (600x315, 18.46K)

>At my current job, I'm paid 6x (not including benefits, which are worth more than my old base salary), permanent WFH (pre-COVID), I get insane pay bumps each year, retention bonuses, etc, and have insane tenure.

What was the story of you finding this job and beating out chinks, fags, niggers, and SJWs competing for jobs in tech atm?

I had a friend who was a senior software engineer in the company. The tech support team (not like retard tier IT, actual custom hardware support) needed some part time contractors. The team was neglected so upper management didn't give a shit. I got personally referred, hit it off with the manager, and worked my ever loving ass off. I worked so hard and had such a reputation in the company, I went form part time contractor to full w2. Even when we had company layoffs a year later -- they literally laid off my manager, my coworker, and my referrer, but kept me around with financial incentives to stay because of just how critical I was to the company.

>And this CEO is a blatant niggerlover.
>we had company layoffs a year later
kek

Forgetting trivial information like that is normal, especially if you crammed through your course and never attempted to actually absorb the information.
What confuses me is, why did he ask a question on a forum? It's such a basic question, why not just Google it?
I'll never understand why people ask the most basic questions on forums.
>hey guys what does console.log() do again? thanks
How is that a question? Just google it?

Attached: 1643070616821.png (734x487, 614.33K)

Company was like 7 years old and went too far with a shit product launch. Surprisingly, it wasn't the fault of any panderhires either.

user, when you get out off highschool you'll realize that this is all exaggerated. You'll be alright.

Borserline schizo. It's not nearly as competitive as you think. If you're adequate, you will find a job.

>greentext
Why are Any Forumstards so tiresome? Fuck off back to your home board, faggot.

Wintoddler detected.

I get the impression that a lot of the people complaining ITT are overestimating their competence

I don't think systematically hiring incompetent people will necessarily make it harder for competent people to find a job. It just results in lower pay.

What are some of the biggest weaknesses among self-taught developers?

I'm planning to start applying to jobs in about a month once I've finished up my portfolio, would be good to know things to brush up on.

Protip, on Mac you can just use
>keka.io/en/

This thread is cringe.
All of you are shit tier developers.

If you haven't even graduated college you are a braindead fuckwit for even going to college in the first place and the first person I fire will always be the college midwit, this field only has room for self taught chads.

Attached: dont_care_didnt_ask_plus_you_are_gay.jpg (720x701, 50.44K)

A friend of mine got into an interview for an American company and said if all went well he would go to America. He got the two vaccines he was against and guess what, he's still here.
This guy thought he had the knowledge and two of his friends (one is literally half a nigger but more intelligent than this larpy "natsoc", Any Forums btfo) told him to prepare with Leetcode. Didn't listen, got filtered.

And the endless amounts of people who either show me stuff that's a holy grail to them and I knew for years.
Or the ones that take weeks to do stuff I do in 2 days. And the time someone asked me how I got 8/10 and told me to share my solutions but I literally always did them the morning prior to the class.
Insane. People who want a compsci degree will just study it and grind it and try their luck here in Europe...

I'm guessing I'll either reach the top or live a happy life doing the bare minimum as a time thief, telling the SCRUM manager fag that it will take me two weeks, do it the day after and fuck my gf for the rest of the two weeks.
Which ties to another story: my brother is a frontend webshitter but a good one. He told me a lot of his frens do what I mentioned above: great coders but they can live like absolute kings with a "mediocre" salary so they do the bare minimum to get shit done.
That's why projects don't get done: the mfs who don't know don't meet deadlines; the mfs who do know spend their time doing other shit.

how do I get a fuckin job in tech?

Attached: 1608432930156.png (661x623, 146.36K)

cringe

learn to code

> You want to pass external dependencies in as constructors because then you can unit test it.
Or you could mock the getSingleton() to return whatever you want

Get a college degree like everyone else, incel.

>design patterns
>unit tests

If you use any of that shit you are a pseud. Simple as'

the recruiter for my full stack 1 year co op at this place that uses c# and azure on the backend actually asked me about my java school project. and she said how its similar to c# which is what theyre looking for. which makes me wonder did she find this or was she told this. so yeah theres good smart ones as well.

Offshore coworker who didn't improve his CSS skills in the 3 months he was working on a project despite multiple attempts to teach him. Refused multiple times to even google how to do vertical scrolling. Very sloppy programming. Poor indenting. Total mess. He would write overly complicated code to do something very simple. Worst of all, he hardly replies to messages and emails. My boss insists on keeping him because it's economical. I don't know what's his problem.

If you don't do unit tests, you've never written any complicated programs before.

>parent( ).parent( ).parent( ).child( ).parent( )

I've noticed this pattern too. I wonder if they doing to exaggerate the amount of actual work needed or they're blindly following what they learned in their courses.

Interned at a company as during training as sysadmin.
Told the current sysadmin of that company that the root certificate of their PKI had been expired for 4 months.
His answer: "I don't know what that is, you fix it."
That's when I learned that they had never used certificates properly, had never made any of their 400 computers part of their domain (too lazy) and were manually moving certificates between computers with flash drives.

Attached: FB_IMG_1643008942611.jpg (172x172, 6.96K)

>direct message in whatever chat program you use, to do a "quick" call.
I work with a bunch of relatively weak programmers from a variety of backgrounds.
It's ALWAYS this shit. I'm at a point now where I actually chat back "What is your question?" and I reject the call until they can summarize what they need.
It's almost always a git fuckup or that they didn't understand the story to begin with. Occasionally it's a code bug that they don't understand, and very rarely it's a paperwork fuckup that I'd need to correct anyway.
I enjoy helping people, but I'm past the point of taking bullshittery and at some point people just need to learn to google.

>My boss insists on keeping him because it's economical.
many such cases

unit tests only work for simple programs
complicated programs cant be meaningfully unit tested

>complicated programs cant be meaningfully unit tested

You won't catch everything, but at least you would know that the core functionality is still working as expected.

>at least you would know that the core functionality is still working as expected
Like I said, only if your program is simple

>You won't catch everything
Unfortunately bean-counters only hear "automate the unit testing" and then lay-off all QA roles. And then the same bean counters complain when bugs go up.
In modular design, you can be sure that contracts are upheld at least. That is, you give an object like X to method 1, and get an object that looks like Y back. It's valuable but not complete assurance.

I can swing my balls half a day and I'm still done earlier than my coworkers it's always a contest of who does less. this is daily.

Attached: oXJpOPxuWhc90XPNsAZ54OZFYcKLoGdM7sGQEGzpHLE.jpg (599x715, 73.35K)

>My boss insists on keeping him because it's economical. I don't know what's his problem.
yeah, i've never understood this either. people like this are so wildly unproductive and incompetent that even employing them for free would be unwise

>without any documentation because who the fuck writes documentation nowadays amirite.
DOCUMENTATION IS NOT AGILE!

>Fucking hate working with Pajeets. I swear Indians are not human

Attached: dance-head-shake.gif (220x220, 271.4K)

Not quite dumb tech, but I remember when I got from college I felt like I was lacking behind because I had to learn our framework etc.

I started with another boomer they got from another department. After a few weeks, he was still working on his first task and the project lead reassigned it to me. It was just some copy&paste problem that has been solved before somewhere else in the code base.

Since then I didn't feel like I was the dumbest guy in there lol

they always want to record the meeting too

Or a simple pareto distribution.
20% elites, 80% peasants.

I wish an interviewer asked me to walk them through my code right away. I only have 1 project that I feel is worth publishing and it's still below my standards and far from finished. It would be reassuring if I could explain myself, what works and what doesn't and why and what I need to work on. It feels dirty to just throw my project at people hoping they can understand my intentions. The documentation is quite outdated too.

Mocking static method's isn't really a good solution.

That's just stupid. When I want to discuss something with someone, I always call them. When you have to debate something, the feedback loop is much tighter than writing chat messages. Context is a lot easier too.

Found the college brain nigger.
I've written more complicated software than most people on this board.
Never even heard of unit tests. You don't need them.

Why?

Checks out, most people on this board havenever written a line of code

>winrar is one of the most basic pieces of software
this opinion is the real crime here kys stupid windodler

lmao this, 90% of this thread consists of freshmen/bootcamp wintodlers trying to flex the little knowledge they have, it's honestly pathetic.

You'll hurt their feelings

I had to sit for 8 hours straight with a bunch of curries to fix their scanning scripts because despite not knowing any scripting they volunteered to write them.
Of course they got all the credit, to this day I'm pretty sure the scripts that run on thousands of client servers don't actually find anything, because the logic is shit (and I couldn't rewrite it, because first I'd be responsible for all the shitshow, second the "logic" was supplied by security as fucking powerpoint slides, that I didn't have).
What's even funnier is that the security guys didn't want to write this themselves, because they said they don't know how.

Haha, reminds my my first project.

> I never used a single breakpoint, all the debugging was done with prints
When i actually discovered the debugging, i found it so useful that it even seemed like cheating.

> no git (I once fucked the entire project and was lucky by having TimeMachine on)
I once fucked my entire project and had to decompile java bytecode.

>picture
Very soulful.

>no git
Please stop, you will hurt yourself.
>prints for debugging
That's how most people do it. Even the best programmers go back to the tried and true shitload-of-prints method of debugging despite intricate knowledge of debuggers. You just can't beat it.
>performance is ass
It's mobile... what do you expect.
>learned so much
Very cool. Keep going man.

People focus on chat as a CYA method.

apple
/thread

Attached: appleshit.webm (582x698, 2.72M)

based retards

Retarded bastards.

I’m going back to Any Forums some of you guys come off as giant pretentious douchebags. Literally insulting the intelligence of others for asking questions that must be dumb because YOU know it but THEY don’t.

I’d rather scroll through a catalog of a million cuck homophobic incest pedohilic hate speech threads than this baka.

Doesn't matter. You're just retarded.

>I’d rather scroll through a catalog of a million cuck homophobic incest pedohilic hate speech threads than this baka.
cool. see over at and

Gross I wouldn’t touch Any Forums with a ten foot stick

I'll admit it's really enjoyable to inherit a codebase handcrafted by some senile old fuck who retired 2 weeks ago at the age of 70 because he never wrote documentation, tests, and knew ins and outs of entire software, and the company thought he would write tests and docs if they paid him more.

Kill yourself, please.

>>prints for debugging
>That's how most people do it. Even the best programmers go back to the tried and true shitload-of-prints method of debugging despite intricate knowledge of debuggers. You just can't beat it.
Wrong.

>>Pray the gay away
That one actually works. People are brainwashed into being retards.

So they can refer back later. Not everybody is intelligent, and many people "learn" at a slower pace. That is why you are senior and they are junior.

Not really. I know plenty of very good programmers and debuggers have their place, but you always eventually come back home, to just a shitload of prints.

Did your coworker invent wordpress?

>That's how most people do it. Even the best programmers go back to the tried and true shitload-of-prints method of debugging despite intricate knowledge of debuggers. You just can't beat it.
you're retarded
shitloads of prints are a fallback for when you dont have anything better

Again, wrong. Logging has its place, but you can't just beat putting a breakpoint on a line and then touching processes memory inappropriately.

Wrong again, debugging is fine, but prints are just dead simple and less manual. Debugger is something you break out for specific issues that you can't debug with the usual methods.

Also, not all debuggers are equal. Some languages that are higher level have very comfy debuggers that are a joy to use, while some low level languages have debuggers that are just very tedious to use. In most cases it's just faster to just add some prints.

Wrong. Printing requires system calls, and may call stringifying method, WHICH might modify state. Just stop posting, you fucking retard.

Entire thread is a nightmare. It's all rainbow flags and preferred pronouns.

Attached: forloop.jpg (640x602, 84.86K)

sorry, i was busy playing touhou and need something to refer to later

Wrong. Just because you CAN use a jackhammer doens't mean a hammer isn't fine for most tasks.

Printing requires:
Modifying code
May modify state
May introduce more instability into the system
May cause application to fail

Debugging requires:
attaching to process and interacting with memory

Kill yourself.

Debugging requires:
tedious looking through memory for what you need
slow an painful step by step checking of statements
additional tooling you might not have available

Prints require:
Just a print

Neck yourself.

Not the guy youre replying to but you seem like a insuferable faggot, printing is absolutely fine, ive never seen a single case where printing (for debugging purposes) introduced instability and the possible state modification is meaningless in 99.99% of the cases, debugging is a anti pattern

Lmao Jesus christ

You should've told someone more senior that the sysadmin didn't know what a root cert is, that's genuinely unbelievable

Are there really retards in here trying to argue in favour of printing over a debugger

i debug 95% of things using various forms of printing
what are you going to do, sue me?

Nothing except laugh at you for doing something the inefficient way

Look at this faggot, that breaks out a debugger to for every single tiny issue he encounters while programming. I bet you also measure seasoning with a microgram scale when seasoning a steak.

>breaks out a debugger
all I need to do is set a break point and compile debug, it's literally one button
what kind of pathetic debugging tools are you using

>compile debug
what pathetic language are you using

Different ones depending on purpose/project.

Are you some kind of python fag that knows only one language?

>client reports issue with total calculation of an order
>goes to check the code
>"software engineer" wrote SUM(QTY) * SUM(PRICE)
lost faith in humanity

If you need to go through extra effort to use a debugger, your tools are crap. Not that that's your fault

Any remotely efficent language needs to be compiled in debug mode to have a debugger work properly

>If you need to go through extra effort to use a debugger, your tools are crap. Not that that's your fault
Look at this nigger, with the luxury to use only good tools, and not what's available/necessary.

As I said, quality of tooling depends on language, lower level languages usually have painful to use debuggers, higher level ones less so. Point stands regardless, write>run>change is a much nicer workflow than write>run>fail>add-breakpoint>run>step-by-step-debug>change.

Stop being such a fucking snob.

>write>run>change is a much nicer workflow than write>run>fail>add-breakpoint>run>step-by-step-debug>change.
No
It's write a program with a print statement, or write it with a breakpoint
It's easier to sit a breakpoint than write a print statement
I'm not being a snob, I'm just telling you you're wrong
Print statements are the worst debugging method, a fallback for when you don't have anything better

Here we have a retard that is powerless in any language that doesn't have all sorts of tools to hold baby's hand.

that's like saying because I drive a car I must not know how to walk
C is my second most used language, and I've never used a debugger for it, a proper debugger is still the best

>It's easier to sit a breakpoint than write a print statement
You're assuming the only variables you are interested in are available within that thread you're debugging. Also, breakpoints are fucking pointless when you're debugging an issue that isn't appearing consistently, but instead is dependent on other factors.

Where do you set a breakpoint when you're getting an error from a library about a failed connection or an authentication error or a timeout? What is that breakpoint giving you you massive faggot?

>a debugger isn't useful in the places a debugger isn't useful
any other valuable insights you want to share?

>any other valuable insights you want to share?
your mother's pussy is too lose, i suspect you might have a long lost sibling somewhere in the world

How petty do you have to be to get upset about something like this

yeah man i am literally shaking

fuck that
just use a dell latitude with xubuntu on it

He fawned about how amazing it was, but even he was too incompetent to use it.

It was very decent of you to give him a pep-talk like that. Starting out in this industry can be challenging.

I'm a few years in and have done several interviews, but I still oscillate between feeling full on impostor syndrome and feeling like I'm a competent experienced backend dev.

For OP and others that seem bitter in this thread; it's fine to go on and vent on uzbek pottery boards, but try to be nice out there. Being helpful and willing to spread knowledge around makes you look more competent and makes you more well-liked as well. It's a win-win.

Print statements gives you feels of inebriating power, tho.

Absolutely ridiculous. Peak dunning-kruger.

Prints are a tool just like debuggers. For someone that has to bounce around between different languages that may or may not have great debugging tools, it's nice to know that you can often fall back on a few trusty prints.

user, you better learn to be nice to people. Being a Any Forums incel edgelord out there in real life isn't really setting yourself up for success.

And like the others said
> winrar

I shiggy diggy

lmao are you serious
Print statements are for when you have no debugging power
When I can't debug a multithreaded application I have to fall back to prints like a plebian

When I debug php shit I have little option

>you
fumbling around in a debugger, sweating profusely with tears in your eyes
>me
copy pasting print "NIGGER" in every relevant place in production code within 30 seconds, then finding and fixing the problem within the next 5 minutes
we are not the same

Yep. No humility and zero willingness to be kind and helpful to the people around them.

These kids are gonna learn the hard way how to function in society, let alone in a team of programmers within a company.

Not true. The only people being peeved are the ones that would do well even without the lectures. You keep asking those questions user, I can guarantee that others in class appreciate that someone in is asking questions so that they don't have to.

Might not help this time, but next time you start an internship or regular job, see if there is someone else that is new that you can do pair programming with on the same tickets. It helps keep you accountable and you can take turns being in the driver seat.

Other than that, if it's a challenge to focus when you're at home, take the opportunity as soon as you can to actually get in to the office instead.

Good luck user.

Anyone talking about web3 is retarded. You should have known

>I once fucked my entire project and had to decompile java bytecode.
wft, how did it turn out and how painful

Attached: wut.jpg (500x500, 44.22K)

It's pretty common with shit companies, where they outsource the work to some pajeetland, get back only the compiled binaries and then even the fucking pajeets ghost the company.
speaking of which i have a story that features just that
>get hired for a new team
>the god boss gives us some nuc
>tells us application is on it we need to figure it out
>senior dev extracted a java binary out of it, wrote some crude documentation for it
>sends it to god boss
>day later god boss comes back with news
>"HEY GUYS THE LAST TEAM SENT THE SOURCE CODE"
>gives us a flash drive with senior's decompiled code
The guy already had a thousand yard stare, but it really looked like he wanted to shoot up the place.

Attached: df2da37278e0270d873015fb5613e57a[1].jpg (372x363, 15.85K)

Very civil conversation you have there fellas. substantial convo though.

Attached: toast.jpg (225x225, 6.78K)

a man of culture

Attached: aged.png (500x508, 55.46K)

Why do you go to Any Forums and expect people to be nice? I come here SO people can call me a nigger faggot when I'm one.

Attached: 1639605886664.jpg (776x1024, 187.68K)

If you use a debugger, you love the antichrist.

Print statements are peak /christ/

Attached: kill.gif (480x320, 3.2M)

Nigger the swant team was so fucking retarded. Why would they go to a room and not clear it?

>proceeded to denigrate his teammates
He made them white?

Attached: Tom Nekopara.jpg (480x362, 27.87K)

>post stories of retarded devs
>complains about someone not knowing how to do something in a class where they learn how to do things.

Autistic faggots like you will never get hired

>OH NOOOOOO 1 DEVICE OUT OF A MILLION+ PRODUCED HAD A FLAW THAT CAUSED IT TO FAIL AND EXPLODE, THEREFORE ALL APPLE PRODUCTS ARE LE BAD THIS HAS NOTHIGN TO DO WITH THE FACT THAT I CANT LE AFFORD ONE

sneeded

Attached: discord_frog.jpg (657x527, 33.23K)

>Never even heard of unit tests.

Found the NEET.

Do you even know how unit tests work? You don't need validate every single function.

You clearly don't have a TDD obsessed academia manager

>You're supposed to
Says who, the royal council of fuckall? Praftice taking a step back and realizing you have no clue what you're talking about before hitting Post next time user.

honestly who even gives a fuck about an O(n^3) complexity on some URL thingy
the dude solved the problem, that's what matters
you're probably inefficient as fuck when you work, always looking for the best solution, even if it doesn't even matter

>calls a function that returns an Optional
>completely ignores the null case
>three other devs approve the pull request so it gets to prod before I even see the code
>instantly fails causing an outage

I hate people.

Attached: obama.jpg (324x268, 12.34K)

>Optional
>ignores the null case
What travesty of a type system allows such heresy?

In spirit I agree with you, but in practice there's no time loss in searching "how to encode spaces in url params" and implementing a rudimentary correct way instead of deciding to encode and decode the parameters in hexadecimal.

Huh? I'm talking about the case where the T is null / not present.

Again. What travesty of a type system allows such heresy?

the shit was already taught in the current class and the pre req class. how retarded do you have to be to not understand that despite it clearly being in the post. did not expect your retard kind to comment on my post. I can already tell you are a neet with no job or degree. I got a great job lined up after graduation, the manager liked my speaking style and passion, I'm doing very good thank you.

null should have never existed btw, avoid it as much as possible, read an article about how it only makes bugs. also that is a retarded function signature. You either pass that in all the time or you set a default value if not or you don't pass it in at all. it accepting null is a stupid edge case accept.

Well, it helps to have spent approx. 7+ years of your life managing servers, working on open-source projects and tinkering with things. Once you've shown that you can find eloquent solutions on Google people will consider hiring you if you're able to be personable and answer their questions on in an interview.

It's... the entire point of an Optional? Many languages have this.

>It's... the entire point of an Optional?
It's the antithesis to optional.
f = fun
| Some x -> g x

simply doesn't compile in any reasonable type system.
If your type system allows you to ignore the Nothing case, it's shit and should be burnt.

your code snippet doesn't have an Optional anywhere in it so I'm going to assume you're a retard

>Should I stop jerking off/playing games to kill the addiction?
This, but also keep in mind that willpower is a limited resource and it depends on your energy, which means it's much more difficult to make yourself be productive if you're tired.
Put getting enough sleep as your highest priority, because it refills the willpower and the rest is just training your brain to listen to you instead of itself. Maybe try exercising every day, an hour a day worked wonders for me mentally, made it easier to be disciplined.
I could stop jerking off, but not gaming, which is fine, since I don't do it all day (gaming less actually made it more enjoyable). You can also try eating more bland food if you have any on disposal, it will also train your brain to not expect a lot of stimulation. If you were gaming and jerking off regurarily for some time, you've probably gone numb to it, so giving your brain time to reset a bit and get some sensitivity back will free more time for productivity and you'll get more out of fun activities.

Attached: 1642791251579.png (960x930, 721.71K)

I posted this story before but honestly it still kind of hard it really happened.
>find job in a security company, actual classified stuff
>always saying they are building a cyber team
>I'm the only IT person in the company so of course i try to place myself in the coming cyber team.
>first i tell them that maybe the server that we are using to store the classified stuff (which is illegal) shouldn't have an easy to guess password and we shouldn't all share the same password
>other stuff like that made me wonder how we didn't actually get hacked by the Russians or something every days
>fast forward more than two years later : ho yeah, we're still building the cyber team
>nothing has been done
>except that we have a guy whose been trying to install a vpn on the server for two full years and still can't do it
>offered him help but he instead brag about being an expert (he was always doing shit like this)
>i first stayed for two years cause the clients were cool and i thought it might become interesting
>then the rona hit and it was impossible to change job
>our manager left the company and new manager seems to actually build the cyberteam
>i talk to him about me being in it
>he hires all of his friends and already was friend with vpn guy
>put bpn guy as the only guy in the cyber team
>i try asking him cy er related questions
>he laughed at me for thinking a password could be bypassed or guessed
>designed "hack proof" systems that were only protected by a password
>literally had failed all his security screenings but now was working on classified stuff without the clients knowing
>kept braging about being a cyber expert

I left the company since but god damn they are some real larpers out there

>post stories of retarded devs
>retarded devs

What the fuck is even going on with the structure of the first sentence? The only way I can explain that away is that you're either indian or have some form of polysomy.

Stop complaining like a dumb bitch. Improve your own skills and use them instead of being proud of your really clean to-do-list-react project. Oh wait, you can't do that, you're too busy complaining about how "woe is me" the world outside your bootcamp is.

Attached: smug.png (1052x1074, 475.12K)

He's writing some form of ML. Some(x) would be equivalent to Optional(x), None would be equivalent to Optional(null). I think that's some pattern match that translates to Option(x).map(x -> g(x))

Going back to this faggot's point (>85453354), he's right. Optional where the inner variable is null should shortcircuit to doing nothing if you use Optional properly, (eg map, flatmap). He probably finds words difficult to use due to the debilitating autism induced by using ML or any other functional programming language unironically. Many such cases.

The only way the production issue above could have happened is if your team uses .get on an Optional, or even worse, you explicitly sent null to a variable that had an Optional type. In both cases the only viable conclusion is that you and your teammates are a bunch of retards, so you at least kept with the theme of the thread.

Attached: 1572508426615.jpg (1024x576, 75.58K)

>government institutions being hilariously incompetent
Why is this a surprise? These people are FUCKING RETARDED.

Story time:
>work for an ETL contractor
>works a few projects for the government
>EU money comes in for automation
>they start automation projects for BIG money
>the company I work for is fucking garbage
>tiny room in a flat with like 6 meh-level devs + me + my mentor who was decent
>jump between projects constantly because of deadlines
>one for department of security
>one for department of healthcare
>one for department of immigration
>every time it goes like this
>deadline for checkup comes up
>we scramble to make ANYTHING
>go there and essentially demo the tech we're using
>show them the scraps that we started making
>mostly juts explain tools we use rather than what we built
>"this IBM DB2 database allows us to leverage cloud-based XaaS technolgies and synergizes with PaaS systems to provide smar BI solutions"
>I swear it was garbage like that
>every fucking time it's some old farts that can BARELY send an email
>"oh yeah, that looks very promising, great stuff, keep going"
>mfw millions of EUR in funding goes into this project
>it's literally just a glorified IBM DataStage pipeline and a DB2 with a single dashboard
I only lasted like 9 months there, and left, because I was getting very frustrated and managed to gest a much better offer, but ti was an amazing shitshow. The company actually imploded few days after I left out of pure anger because another decent engieer there that was mentoring me decided "FUCK THIS" and essentially just took all the devs, made his own company, and they all left on the same day and took over most of the gov projects. Instead of most money going to the fat cat they split it mostly evenly amongst themsleves.

Attached: contribute nothing.jpg (500x375, 52.96K)

I have cut out cannabis and games from my life, now i can dedicate a few hours everyday to work

It werks

Based. Now add physical exercise and a decent diet(with cheat days, of course) and you're off to a good start.

Darivatives are fine compare to integrales, they are such a pain to lern

Prints can make timing sensitive errors/bugs go away. It's more of an issue in concurrent low level code, especially hardware touching code