/mkg/ - Memechanical Keyboard General

Friendly reminder that cream and white keyboards need daily cleaning edition!

>Keyboard recommendation template
pastebin.com/n220xk9V
>Where to buy keyboards
mechmap.tech/themap
keycaplendar.firebaseapp.com
mechgroupbuys.com/keyboards
alexotos.com/keyboard-vendor-list/

>Charts!
kiibohd.com

>QMK
config.qmk.fm/
beta.docs.qmk.fm/

>Relevant Links
youtu.be/yYcNi9hKxDk
youtube.com/watch?v=37PdSRpsLzA
youtube.com/watch?v=ifA4nYk2qCA

Old thread:

Attached: keeb.webm (406x720, 2.87M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pckeyboard.com/page/product/PRK
amazon.com/Koolertron-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard-Ergonomic/dp/B07PVJ1TJQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust
modelfkeyboards.com/
pckeyboard.com/page/product/NEW_M
keeb.io/products/iris-rev-6-keyboard-hotswap-pcbs-for-split-ergonomic-keyboard
voca.ro/1aEu3StXWLhJ
streamable.com/gwfvd1
youtu.be/W6yV-c5Sk0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

no, let's not have another autistic sensory preference thread you faggot

QWERTY is disgusting.

plastic keyboards > metal keyboards

>Pressing on the space with index finger
You will never be a real secretary

hiragana keycaps are gay. all the real japs I've met just type in romaji on a normal keyboard.

why?

>find perfectly functional Lexmark IBM model M for $2 in a thrift store
>it cleans up nicely
>only missing "-" keycap from the numpad
>quickly get used to the subtle spring sounds
>begin to enjoy them
is there any reason to upgrade from here or did I start and finish this hobby for $2?

It's over, find another general to complete.

pckeyboard.com/page/product/PRK
replace your missing key

I need a split keyboard that isn't $350 and doesn't use a cable between the two boards. Why is that so difficult to find anons? Please help me.

I found this guy:
amazon.com/Koolertron-Programmable-Mechanical-Keyboard-Ergonomic/dp/B07PVJ1TJQ
But it calls running two separate cables "Windows Mode" and I've got an email out to their support to find out if that runs in Linux, but I'm doubting. I'd also prefer Cherry MX Blues, given a choice.

Hey thanks.

Welcome to the gang.

Attached: 1643087789389.png (1537x1001, 1.99M)

Thats a man

Attached: 1634773957131.png (1000x1000, 121.84K)

Generation? Part no.? Year? detachable cable?

based, got a full pic? post it on r/mechanicalkeyboards for extreme chimpouts. Meanwhile hammer and sickle keycaps are praised. Someday I'll dyesub a blank keycap with some contoversial symbol just to piss them off.

>Meanwhile hammer and sickle keycaps are praised.
no one cares about self destructive russia, thats why. most of the people('s families) on reddit probably got impacted in some way by the nazi's.
if it wasnt clear most people that fly the friendship windmill in any serious manner have implications fueled by that shit thats worse for our current society than people that jerk off over cummunism.
how incredibly fucking strange that both get perceived differently

What are some good, low profile, low travel clicky/tacile switches with low activation force?

>Generation
not sure honestly, how can that be identified?
>Part no.
>Year
10-Nov-93
>Detachable cable?
Yes, I don't recognize the plug type on the keyboard end but its a coiled cable out to a PS/2.

>r/mechanicalkeyboards
I wonder if those onions.boys know about this:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/IBM_and_the_Holocaust

Attached: 1639445376352.jpg (1394x1098, 164.34K)

just upgraded to this!

Attached: keyboard.jpg (4032x3024, 1009.33K)

Are you the same guy that exchanged all of his money for "Alaskan dollars"?

huh?

japs buy hiragana keyboards for the same reason westerners do, it looks cool

You Know How I Know That this is a man? His middle finger is larger than his ring finger.

Attached: images - 2021-11-16T233727.994.jpg (600x325, 41K)

white p0wer

Also girls don't give a shit about mech keyboards and other tech and Any Forums related stuff.

we know
what board is it ?

>no one cares about self destructive russia, thats why. most of the people('s families) on reddit probably got impacted in some way by the nazi's.
Only way any of those faggots lives were impacted by Nazis was having to take "holocaust class".

not telling you, you stalker

you are either very young or very out of touch.

basically every mechanical keyboard that has a wire running in between will work without it.
You just plug a usb c cable into both sides

Who makes the best PBT keycaps other than EnjoyPBT?

The cheapest I can get a Lily58 + shitty switches and keycaps is $180. Guess this hobby is not for me.

Attached: oh_boy.png (1200x1198, 691.14K)

Attached: probby solvo.jpg (2400x1600, 1.23M)

>good
>low profile
choose one

you can get a kit, soldering iron, gateron yellows keycaps and mcu's for under 90 dollars

Does anyone own a Logitech g915 tkl?
Am I retarded for wanting to buy it?

yes, see

kailh choc blues

yes

Are low profiles that bad?
It basically checks all my boxes besides being low profile. I don't know, might actually like that it is low profile? And I can always tilt it

I'll build you one. Where do you live?

reposting since I only got switch reccomendations, which I appreciate but i'm still at square one
i'm looking for a keyboard to use with my laptop since the one that came with it is quite worn by now and the membrane is starting to fail, and i'd rather get a nice keyboard now than spend money fixing the shitty old one
my budget is around 70 dollars
yes, i know, that's el cheapo tier but that's what i'm working with
ideally i'd want something small (no bigger than 75%) and wireless because i'd be moving it around a lot, but i can forego the wirelessness if it fucks with the budget
as for switches i have only ever used blue cherry MXs and i HATED how loud they were, and i would've wanted them to be a little heavier since i'm a bit clumsy when typing, but i didn't mind them being linear
i was eyeing the anne pro 2 but it's 3 years old by now and i don't keep up with the keyboard world

Attached: 1643328921587.jpg (604x601, 114.93K)

I'm gonna buy the beige kbd75 v3
have wanted a beige aluminum board for almost five years now and idk how to cerakote
It's top mount as well. Top mount aluminum plate is my favorite.
I'll put pearlios in it, as nothing can compete with a polished nylon bottom gateron cap v2, and probably either hammerworks APL or epbt sushi caps
Talk me out of it nigga
the kbd75 v3 is clearly the best keyboard
CLEARLY
okay at the very least the best 75% keyboard

Attached: IMG_20211027_222358.jpg (4000x3000, 3.15M)

My two main keyboards are lily58s both are low profile. I find the reduced travel distance is actually nicer than my premium switch mx keyboards.

I have no faults with them and like them a lot.
Low profile has also helped with lots of wrist issues I had previously with flexing my wrists up giving me carpal tunnel syndrome.

chad

I recently built a kbd75v3 for my friend recently, it is a great keyboard and gasket mount, but it is not nearly the best. However it is hard to find fault with it, the RGB ring is a bit cringe, it does not sounds the best, but it is still a great keyboard.

That's different board. Kbd75 is top mount not poron cancer
should I just find a way to get one of my boards cerakote? I got 23 and a bunch are metal
but none of the top mounts will look good in beige!

Attached: Screenshot_20220127-151742__01.jpg (1343x733, 94.58K)

I live in Mexico, $60 of various shippings

kbd75v3 is gasket mount

ah wait, ignore me

pobrecito :c nel futuro cuando mexico es superpotencia vas a tener la oportunidad que hacerlo

Flavor of the week

>problem solver
anything like that is going to immediately make you look guilty in any self defense case.

also, are they ever going to make a modern buckling spring keyboard?

what do you mean by modern?
modelfkeyboards.com/

Keyboard that literally looks like this, full layout, extended bottom, but has a replaceable wire and 0 gamer lights?

Attached: 814hJEvZFFL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x750, 130.79K)

pckeyboard.com/page/product/NEW_M

also fyi, this company bought all the original stencils, schematics and everything ibm keyboard related from ibm when they discontinued the keyboards, so these are both as modern and original as you will get

looks, sounds, and feels better

how much better are NOS alps than regular? bought some used stuff and ive tried cleaning it a bunch of ways and lubing it a bunch of ways n i gotta say alps is overrated as fok

>that shitty typing
he won't gonna make it

how did you make it to sound it that good?

you will have to build it yourself

>use 55g Topres with OEM profile for years
>swap to old MX Blue board to try out XDA profile
>WPM and accuracy both drop 20%
Damn, so many times I press down but the switch doesn't give. Really not sure if it's the extra actuation force (65g) or the profile that's giving me trouble.

Depends on the type of ALPS switches, some are better than others. I have a Dell AT-101 that I found at a thrift store, it uses Black ALPS, which are just OK. They feel really clunky and unrefined compared to the orange ALPS in my AEK, which in comparison are really smooth and crisp. There are also ALPS clones made by Tai-Hao and companies like that which are truly unremarkable in every way. I have a Focus FK-2001 that I found new in the box, but it was a later model with white ALPS clones, and they are really not good to type on. I've been planning to replace the stock switches with Matias switches, but for reasons I'll explain later, I have never really bothered to getting around to it.

Also depends on the state of cleanliness. ALPS switches are just prone to being damaged by dust and debris over time. It's their weak point. I once got really excited to have found a Blue ALPS keyboard at the recycling centre, but when I brought it home it was so scratchy and clunky that I couldn't rationalize using it over any of my other keyboards. Unfortunately, cleaning the switches individually did not help, I think they had been irreversably damaged. I ended up selling it to some reddit mouthbreather for $250, and he thought he was getting a good deal.

Ever since getting a Topre (and later a NiZ) keyboard, I just haven't really bothered with mechanical keyboards anymore. I still like ALPS switches paired with my classic Macs, and I like having a Model M hooked up to my 486 tower. They're period-specific and that's fine. But for typing, I much, much, MUCH prefer the bubbling water.

I actually prefer the NiZ keyboards to Topre, but I prefer both of them over other mechanicals. I have no need to ever buy another keyboard, really, because these ones achieve the exact feel that I am looking for.

You may have finished it user. You may have. There's different "tiers" of model M, but it's just dick waving really. The IBM ones are slightly better than Lexmark, which are slightly better than the currently produced Unicomp ones, but I have yet to use a model M of any stripe I would call bad, and I've got 7 of the fucking things.The only easy mod left for you to do (if you even care) is replace your SDL cable (that's what it is btw) with a Soarer's one that integrates the USB converter into the cable.

I've got one, and they're ok. The logo for the lock light is stupid and the blue leds for the indicators are fucking awful (I swapped out the logo, keycaps and leds on mine). They type great though. If you're trying to decide if you like buckling springs I recommend just buying a new one instead of fucking with a 30 year old beat to shit warehouse keyboard - although I still prefer the way my IBMs feel.

Attached: 20220127_225751.jpg (1500x644, 513.6K)

what's the difference between durock and everglide for stabilizers?

Anyone here has a motospeed keyboard? I just ordered one.

So because you “people” never responded to my post regarding replacing my Logitech gear, I ended up buying a Corsair K70 Pro based upon my own research.
Fuck you guys for ignoring posts.

any of you tried the libertouch?

Attached: g4jh6au524m51.jpg (4359x1466, 2.18M)

>with a Soarer's one that integrates the USB converter into the cable.
excellent tip, thanks

Attached: 1603248418029.png (398x400, 110.26K)

I think they're the same stabilizers just sold under different names

Nigga I got my first mechanical keyboard for $50 USD(AULA SI-2012; blue switches). He who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance; one cannot fly into flying

Attached: Digimon-ero-Digimon-разное-yydd-6372810.png (1200x1808, 1.72M)

Go find a used Model M for next to nothing. My first mechanical was a NOS, still in plastic 1994 Lexmark Model M for a dollar at a church garage sale, and I regularly see used ones come through the local market. A friend has a stack of four or five they've gotten for free. They're still very common.

i can only see 80-100 dollar Ms on ebay wtf where are you finding these deals

has anyone had dye sub keycaps fade/rub off?

>ebay
Venture forth into the real world, where people have no idea what their shit is worth and think old beige computer equipment is trash. Go to garage sales, estate sales, thrift stores, surplus sales at universities.

Where do MX Blues land on the modern clicky scale? Are they considered average or weak clicks now?

>brown hands
eww

wasn't worth it

Attached: 1616508320293.jpg (1280x720, 105.67K)

I like gat yellows
what are some other switches i can get off alixexpress that i should try?

Would a split keyboard help me force myself to type like a normal person? I don't touch type with the home row because everytime I attempt it my wrists get fucked quickly. I assume it's because without noticing I put my hands in a bad position to begin with. Somehow if I do it with less fingers I'm moving my wrists more which somehow makes it less tiring.

Tester68? That thing is super cheap

Split is mainly for the comfort of being able to type with your hands at shoulder width. If you can't touch type with a normal qwertty keyboard a split will only make it more difficult.
If your wrists hurts, look into making your arms and wrists rest better. If your wrists are floating you are begging for problems.

what are the english with japanese letters under them called for keycaps?

I use a wrist rest. My problem is that usually I go stiff when I try to do home row. My wrists get tired quickly (specially my right one) even if they're resting there. Google tells me the right way is straight, but that puts some strain on my wrists because my shoulders are further apart than some people. I'm not sure if it's more of a problem of not being used to it, so I should keep going with it, or if I'm actually hurting my wrists this way.

very interesting
thanks user, I'll check it out

Oh I see, the angle of the wrist, then split would help indeed. There aren't that many cheap split keyboards just to test it out with. If you're european, the r-go split is a cheap alternative.

Yes. I was in the same boat, typing like the retard in OP because my right wrist hurt. Got a lily58, switched to colemak dh and it's lovely.

Might look into that. Although I might want to salvage the switches and keycaps I have and find something like a pcb+case

Honestly that sounds about right. I have much less trouble with anything when my hands are further apart.

Gat Yellow Pros. Actually a substantial improvement on the older Gats

cringe

no one? how could that be?

>5-finger-hunt-and-peck
heh, i used to type like that as well

>Does not use thumb to press spacebar

Attached: 1641698327201.png (204x199, 86.32K)

>spending more than a grand total of 200$ on typing implements
You are severely mentally ill, I am not joking, seek professional help. You have been literally lobotomized by consoomerism to a degree that can't be defined physiological anymore. Seek help.

NOOOO KEEBY LIFE WEEBY LOVE

pretty much at the bottom, since kailh click bar switches exist and zealpc click leaf seem to be very good too (price notwithstanding).

what were you trying to achieve?

>that font
Fag.

Rude.

Why would you ever want gaymer font anyway, nostalgia?

>hiragana
>e is fucking i
>i is fucking ta
>u is fucking na
>o is fucking chi
>a is fucking chi too??? for some reason

did a jsl literally slap whatever symbol looked cool all over the keyboard?

Not my keyboard. You are just a big meany.

Weebs are not human.

You could get the model F at some point in the future. Much lighter key feel and clickier if that's what you enjoy, but it's also harder to find and scalped even more. I'd give it a try if you have a friend who owns one or even buy one of those test keychains on ebay, but the model M is by all measure still a great kb

Misidentified "i", it's actually "ni" but still idiotic considering a hiragana for "i" exists

My current keyboard is breaking down, I remember reading a while ago in /mkg/ that there is a goto value chink keyboard to buy, can someone please recommend one?

I live in SEA so no amazon but welcome any chink site.

I'm looking for a low profile mechanical keyboard. I'm thinking of getting a Keychron K1 but I'm still open for recommendations.

Anyone tried these lil niggas?

Attached: Kailh_Choc_Thick_Jade_grande_png.jpg (600x599, 66.92K)

Be faster at vim

FUCKING IDIOT

Attached: u6TRyb7m_400x400.jpg (298x298, 14.07K)

I bought two since December. One for work and home.
I like them.
Just don't drop anything on them. Had to get the first one replaced because the "n" key stopped working.
Be advised, they get less clicky as they break in.

they keychron q2 is ugly as fuck. really stupid that they only went with teh 2 nav keys, might as well be a 60%

even the Q1 is weird, the GMMK Pro fits another key with the exact same layout. I think they're trying to have the right arrow key in line with the nav key column, but that achieves nothing.

I'm searching for switch testers with those

i'm mainly waiting for a metal 96% from them, will probably be an 1800 since they're keeping the floating off arrows on all their Q boards

i actually prefer the aesthetics of the q1 over both teh q2 and the gmmk pro, idk how to explain it but the q1 looks like an actual keyboard rather than a toy, which the other 2 look like.
i dont like the knob all that much, i dont think its v useful as i have my volume set to what i want anyway i feel like it owuld only be there for the aesthetics. i dont like the missing nav key on the q1, but thats something v easy to look over as i;d have at laest 4 on that keyboard, considering that i would get a badge. i do like that theyre trying to have the right arrow key align with the nav keys. im a sucker for symmetry, but also that doesnt make that much sense as teh exploded arrow keys dont line up with the left side of the keyboard. its weird looking, but its a weird i can get behind

Attached: keychorn q1 black cherry keycaps.jpg (3000x2000, 1.05M)

i would love to see what they do with a numpad in their q series. otherwise im fully comfrotable getting the akko mod 003. sure its got north facing rgb, but the switches i have in mind dont really cause interference or anything

>1800 arrows and numpad
>still gasket meme with some solution for gaskets not working very well on that big of a board
>maybe a knob still
>QMK/VIA and all the other checklists
imagine

Attached: 1568524703265.jpg (592x524, 29.85K)

Imagine being so retarded you spend more than 20 bucks on a goddamn keyboard KEK
These tech salaries all going to waste

>imagine spending more than 5usd on a pair of shoes
>imagine spending more than 15usd on a bed
>imagine sitting on the floor

imagine running into a hobby thread to yell about it being a waste of time and money

REEEEAL CHADS collect stamps

better finger indexing for vim. Inverting the keys don't really help you index all that better, you just end up pushing on them in a weird angle.

Man hands

my split keyboard closet!

Attached: elkmsfsimfvioweasjdf.jpg (3024x3024, 2.74M)

that's not a closet

>transparent / white "iced" case
>knob
>75%
>EU ISO
>preferably gasket mount
>around 100 bux
IK75v3 but ISO, does it exist so i can get some pudding caps and meme it up?

Attached: file.jpg (800x800, 86.08K)

have you tried to stop being a faggot hipster and just use a single keyboard?

can you recommend me good tkl keyboard in range of 0-100 euros lights would be cool dont care if its rgb

Attached: 1391709218871.gif (300x126, 496.8K)

keeb.io/products/iris-rev-6-keyboard-hotswap-pcbs-for-split-ergonomic-keyboard
isn't this north-facing? the build guide says it's south-facing unless i'm misunderstanding something

Nope. Best get used to ANSI enter on ISO inputs, your closest option is Kbd67 Lite.

reeeee fucking chinks why dont they ever make ISO compatible PCBs

U S A
U S A
U S A

>around 100 bux
for that you'll buy the 75% akko DIY non-ISO non-knob and you'll be happy

there are so many damn gateron yellow switches
the ks-3 pro is what people mean when they say "gateron yellow pro" nowadays, right?

use sp-star switches

it is ridiculous but yes I think so, the 'Milky Pro KS-3 X1'
no

>ducky one 3 matcha shows up today
>overall pretty great save for three complaints
1. the numpad/scroll lock/caps lock indicators are brighter than the sun
2. some legends are thicker/thinner than others
3. THIS FUCKING SPACEBAR SOUND [at the end] voca.ro/1aEu3StXWLhJ which I'll have to figure out how to dampen

do dye sub keycaps wear out

No, they shouldn't.

is there a ten key less mechanical keyboard that actually has a fucking grip on it?

I use an authentic Model M 1391401 assembled in 1987. My keyboard is older than every single faggot on this board and it's the greatest keyboard ever built by man. Every single buckling spring still functions with perfect form and accuracy as the day it was made. This keyboard has seen multiple levels of schooling and climbed its way up the career ladder. It outlived modems from 1200 baud to 56k. It outlived Netcom, Prodigy, CompuServ, and AOL. This keyboard experienced Doom shareware floppies and the Quake qtest. This keyboard griefed peons in UO and got a server first BWL clear. This keyboard was old on the day Any Forums was born and it has persisted through hundreds of trannie jannies bans, each one done for free. This keyboard crashed a plane in Les Bains, elected a reality show host steak salesman as President, and was declared a terrorist for posting cartoon frogs. This keyboard remains thoroughly unvaccinated.

I got an NEC APC-H412 and I love these blue oval switches. They just feel so nice to type on and the sound is pleasant while not being too loud also I actually quite enjoy the resonating ping it makes. I do want to try the linear version of the switches at some point but I am quite satisfied with this for now.

>2 key rollover

I know some chink pbt dye sub sets spray their paint on for certain colors and those WILL wear off over time, the dye-subbed caps are fine though.

I see you in every mkg thread, but I have yet to meet an actual person online or in real life, other than you, that prefers the inferior make and quality of niz. I'm almost convinced at this point youre just a niz shill.
Topre is objectively more refined, the action feels more stable, better quality materials and keycaps, key presses much more consistent etc etc.

ladies, please, either way it's a rubber-dome with a pedigree

KS-9 is clear top Gateron Yellow Pro. This is the standard recommendation when someone says Yellow Pro.
KS-3 is milky top Gateron Milky Yellow Pro. From the reviews I've seen, KS-3 Pros sounds deeper than KS-9 Pros

Is there a better value in mechanical keyboards than buying a reddragon $40 keyboard and spending another $30 on whatever chink pbt cap set you want?

You literally don't need more.

Attached: 1643246477793.jpg (600x506, 138.03K)

You probably wanted some dumb premade full size with a num pad.

Who gives a shit what you get at that point? If you want custom, you won’t often find num pads outside of stand alone ones.

Daily reminder that mechanical keyboards are fragile and will break/present problems way sooner and more often than 10 bucks membrane keyboards.

Daily reminder that this is literally a consumerist tranny hobby.

Daily reminder that all the expensive retarced ricing shit you can do with these such as lubing, adding foam or other forms of mental illness are literally placebo, unnecessary and don't do a damn fucking thing other than waste copious amounts of time and money for literally nothing.

Daily reminder that your life will be just as shit as it's always been and no keyboard, switches or keycaps are gonna change that. You're trying to fill a hole in your life with consumerist trash.

Cheers!

keyboards should be priced like calculators

>fragile
if your switches aren't soldered to the PCB, it's your own fault
>present problems
all my old rubber domes in storage turned mushy and awful from being stored, my old mechanicals feel just as nice to use as modern cherry switches

I will concede that most of this pastime is just a waste of time, soundproofing is beyond stupid.

I bought the GK87 from Skyloong in aliexpress. Hot swappable optical yellow switches (35g), waterproof, bluetooth, rgb shit, detachable usb C cable etc. Holy shit does this thing feel nice to type on. I'm never buying anything else ever again. I was expecting some kind of chink shit but I was genuinely surprised.

This is true. My 34 year old model M needed cleaned once. If only it was a shitty rubber dome. If only.

cope tranny

lol the exact opposite happens to topre. over time the rubber stiffens and the tactility increases. Every topre user who has more than 1hhkb knows this simple fact.

Are XDA/ZDA/whatever caps comfy compared to say OEM/SA/Cherry? They are all the same height, how different does this feel?

What are those caps? They look nice.

Double shot PBT that came with my Durgod K310 (cherry MX brown switches for premium custom gaming experience).

Attached: 1639796953183.jpg (1024x683, 133.9K)

Any of you bought into the resin keycap meme?

This keyboard is the best mechanical keyboard you can get for $140.

Attached: waifu.jpg (1500x851, 179.35K)

hello, does the following exist:
>mechanical (brown or red)
>has one of those knob things you can use to scroll
>white backlight
>wireless
>tenkeyless or 60%
>preferably under 50USD

no

i like keychron banana switches. no click but slightly tactile.

low profile also helps my hand pain more than any other keyboard switch i've done recently.

which switches do you use? sadly, there aren't many low profile switch options, whereas i think most of us find it fun to experiment with switches (especially lazily on hotswap boards)

>razer
yuck

ks-3 pros are 5-pin as well so i'll go with those

calculators have lower BOM costs

They already are priced like calculators

Attached: 1620297832087.png (1000x1000, 919.93K)

q2 without knob looks not so bad

Attached: Keychron-Q2-QMK-Custom-Mechanical-Keyboard-01 no knob.jpg (1600x900, 123.49K)

Recommendations for a keyboard that's
* full sized, no split
* ortholinear
* QMK

I was looking at either venture [0] or the xbows [1] but they're missing one or the other. What should I look for in a gaming keyboard? I have the ergodox but it doesn't have enough keys for gaming.

Pic related, this but ortholinear

Attached: venture.png (1497x995, 2.73M)

Looking for a board for remote work at home (mostly content writing, data analysis and so on) and gaming but I'm not hype focused on the gaming aspect. Would love a built in wrist rest but it's not a deal breaker.

>Budget
100-250
>Location (continent at least)
USA
>Preferred switch type
I like a loud clicky feel. Currently use blues but I can live without the click clack if needed.
>Layout
No opinion
>Form factor
100% gotta have my 10key
>Backlight
Super don't care I'm not an epic Enough gamer
>Previous/current keyboards
40 dollar Aukey garbage from Amazon.

Oh also media buttons and or a knob would be cool

thoughts on this? want an inexpensive coil cable, or should I look for something off aliexpress?

Attached: 716KrqA2uEL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1455x1500, 180.15K)

I thought it legit said "for keyboard autistic" for a second

I glanced at that box and for a moment I swear it said "Mechanical keyboard cable FOR AUTISTS"

to be fair, being autistic is a prerequisite to be a keyboard enthusiast

Don't get the acr98 if you aint modding the board much. Stock stabilizers fits very fucking loose
streamable.com/gwfvd1

>be me
>need keyboard
>go to store
>keyboard section
>see cool Logitech keyboard
>press a key
>too loud
>there's another model next to it
>press key
>feels good but not loud, I like
>buy it

There, I got a fucking mechanical keyboard now. Holy shit you guys need to get a fucking life if you obsess this much about human interface input devices.

>t. Proud owner of Logitech G512 Carbon GX Brown

What mouse is that?

Get whatever full size junk from Corsair or Razer if you want a knob/roller bar. All decent enthusiast keyboards won’t have a number pad, you can get a standalone one of those.
Never heard of them, though getting an unnecessary add on is a strange thing to be a cheapskate about it
A bit of tape should tighten those up real easy, user

Congrats on being boring? Or just not into tech so you bought some off the shelf laptop or prebuilt computer.

I mean I get it, if you view your stuff as replaceable why bother going through the time and effort to really focus on what you want when good enough sits there on a shelf. That way you can just grab it and spend your time focused on other mundane things in your life. You don’t need to spend time on some luxury for yourself, because you don’t care that whatever you have is milquetoast.

>Congrats on being boring?
Spending your tendie money on keyboards doesn't make you interesting.

This desu

double dubs of truth

Attached: 1643457656341.jpg (600x669, 168.37K)

Is there any merit in getting one of those chinesium hot swap boards to use as a bed for tweaking to one's preference? Or would this generally be considered throwing good money after bad and starting out with a higher quality board from day one? Where this dilemma strikes me is my needs are very, very limited (I have no need of custom layouts, keybindings or anything such as that so the software side of things doesn't matter, nor do I need an uncommon form factor) - I just want a TKL for more space on my desk and hotswappable for the DIY aspect (that and to probably get a board with blue switches and replace WASD with something less clicky heh).

Attached: 1640626105122.jpg (300x310, 17.36K)

don't buy a coiled cable you fucking retard

My neighbor keeps breaking in and ripping my cables apart, but he can't break my $200 coiled cables. I've told him to stop but he keeps getting angry because i wont install void or use his homemade artisan caps and i can't report him to the police or i'll lose access to his WiFi.
Don't speak about subjects you know nothing about, i thought the posters on Any Forums would know the many practical uses for adequate cable protection.

Attached: you looked.png (914x713, 600.65K)

Also, quite a lot of kweebs use ANSI traditionally, like in NL and PL.

You complaing about others makes you pretty dull too

Get a Model F repro.

Attached: kb.png (1793x883, 2.04M)

I wasn't complaining about others. I merely pointed out that buying a keyboard doesn't make you interesting.
You're the one getting butthurt and calling me dull, maybe you should buy another keyboard to make yourself feel better. How about a topre with some astroglide and fully programmable LGBT lights?

Attached: S N O R L A X.gif (600x432, 173.08K)

not him but any idea how make clicky again some keys? i have this newbran ibm m from the year 1996 and some keys sounds weird

yeah thats what I did and it addressed the vertical movements, the horizon movements not so much, but with lubed stabilizers its usable

Good afternoon, I hate all coil cables.

Attached: 3600_jpg.jpg (1200x1200, 972.92K)

No one ever said buying keyboards makes you interesting but yourself. Maybe you should do something else to make yourself happy than try to bring others down.

If you're no longer capable of following the conversation, there is no point in continuing it.
I'll round off by calling you a faggot troon, and ask you politely to dilate before you rope yourself.
Have a nice day.

>the chad k120 user

Yeah I guess since I'm looking for some pretty generic "just good shit" without too much else I can just get a Razer black widow V3 pro and be done with it.

worth getting ortholinear not split?

Nah.

I don't understand the plank/preonic meme, I'd at least go for something that separates your hands

Attached: lumberjack.jpg (1280x960, 212.03K)

if you're thinking about getting a split just buy a column staggered split imo

This, the big numbpads are a half measure.

>the plank/preonic meme
Easy availability through drop.com

There's plenty of merit in a cheap hotswap board, get a Keychron C series board for wired/cheapest. I'd suggest Redragon but their hotswap sockets are Outemu and you'd need to file a switch leg down to fit it in. If you can find an even cheaper board than Keychron with hotswap, all the sweeter

>Outemu and you'd need to file a switch leg down to fit it in
Given the legs are just a lump of metal where only contact matters 9correct)? A bit of filing to knock a good 50% off the total cost seems like a relatively smart what to go at face value. For me the cheapest keychron offering meeting my needs is the K8 (need dat ISO - the C range is ansi only as far as I can tell) and I don't give a fuck about wireless so you are making lean towards the cheaper offerings.

It seems like good value at first glance but that's a lot of hassle to save $20 or $30 on a board option. A lot of hassle you have fo go through with every single new switch

is there a way to get rgb on specific keys without having them all on on the q1?

Anyone know of a set with similar colors?

Attached: file.png (920x351, 291.36K)

are there any keycap profiles similar to the MT3 dishes, but not as tall? i like them for typing, but for gaming, tall keycaps seem to mess with me which results in accidental presses.

SA, ASA, DSA

Tex's ADA profile is the closest that comes to mind. It's just too bad there's only the lasered ABS set.

>want multiple key cap sets
>only 2 keyboards
How do you deal with the urge to consoom? Do you swap out your key caps every so often?

just get a new keyboard to fit the new keyset on

KAT maybe

Take up collecting headphones user.

then come the pens

I would not wish that upon anyone.

Had a Hermes M3 with blue chocs, it started double-clicking after ~6-7 months

>need new keyboard
>pick one out
>use it
it's just that easy

swaping is the only solution. 2 keyboards is my ideal. one for work and one for everyday use. just get sets that match your board, and ones of different profile.

anyone know how i can fix my my keyboard, everytime i press m,j,u, or 7 it also register typing the keys from the numpad , either the keys for 3, 6, 9, * or the pgup or pgdn, its getting anoying and also vice versa, its a ABKONCORE K660 if it helps, is it fu9cked or should i just give up and buy a new one

Aliexpress custom ones are good

Best budget work keyboard?
Requirements are cheap and quieter/typing switches.

I just bought a iQunix F96. Is it a good choice?
I want a TKL size that I can push to the side of my desk for FPS gaming, but also a numpad for my dayjob

Compre 45 teclas chinas por 400 pesos, 20 dolares, 2 arduino pro micro por 250 , no se cuanto te cueste la impresion 3d pero puedes hacer las keycaps y la base desde ahi y ponerle epoxy para hacerlo mas rigido, en total no son mas de 800 amlocoins mi negro suponiendo que te salgan de 200 las impresiones 3d con eso ya tienes, yo compre dos arduino pues es un teclado split pero con uno de a 120-150 ya lo hiciste

I have to say, I regret doubting the Holy Panda meme and I regret not having built my own before now. I have found my endgame after all this time and money.

Attached: 1623034324979.jpg (2048x1416, 253.03K)

which holy pandas did you get user? the drop ones, the glorious ones, or did you frankenswitch them?

Attached: Milk.jpg (2650x1988, 1.55M)

Attached: sunset surfing keycaps 65%.jpg (3840x2158, 2.6M)

I have a Razer Huntsman and it is by far the worst purchase I have ever made. Absolutely abhorrent keyboard, overpriced trash to the extreme. The keys are terrible.

Having mild RSI rn, considering ergonomic mechanical keyboard. Currently in Kazakhstan, obviously no one here is interested in the topic, so no supply or demand. Is it a good idea to buy used, and if so, where?

youtu.be/W6yV-c5Sk0I

This means other manufacturers can still make click leaf MX mount switches, and that Zeal's patents only apply on that reversible "Tactile Mode", right?

Attached: proworld vs clickiez click leaf switches.jpg (1921x1080, 319.49K)

What are anons thoughts on cherry silver switches? Are they really basically just reds that activate sooner?

i have some; way too late, it's typo hell

light*

Frankenswitched, I decided it was probably better since the Drop ones have QC issues and the Glorious ones suffer from stem wobble. They came out really good.