Would Ultimate Warrior have been able to succeed in the attitude era?

Would Ultimate Warrior have been able to succeed in the attitude era?

Attached: brfeuegzo0l11.png (577x711, 53.48K)

Probably not, that shit was cheesy by 1998.

Yes. The oWn should have been a lot better. It was a great concept, but aside from his very first entrance, a shitty execution.

Forbid him from doing promos and he is essentially Goldberg. He would have gotten over.

Ouch poor Bret. Vince cried poor to him and forced him out of his contract but at the same time begging the freakin Warrior back with a raise. Damn

It's a Subway now

Warrior would've made what Shawn and Taker were making with less dates. Bret's deal was more money and I think they desperately didn't want him to go to WCW around 96, when they were getting their ass kicked. So he gave Bret 1.5 million for 3 years, 750 for like 7 years and then 250k for the next ten. He wasn't going to be able to pay for that shit, so I don't blame him for telling Bret to ask WCW again. (9 million for 3 years because ATM Eric)

Easily. They had Russo after all.

Lmao imagine Ultimate Warrior mixing it up with Austin, Rock and Haitch in the attitude era. Would have been peak Trainwreck.

Warrior's promos were the best thing about him. He really did come off like some warrior god who arrived on earth in the form of a man. He was meant to be some kind of Native American or Tribal warrior, but unlike Roman, Warrior went full blown tribal. That's why whenever you see other people try to mimic Warrior's gimmick, they always get it all wrong because they just assume that Warrior was meant to be a crazy guy.

Not for a long period no. Initial pop, intrigue and merch sales would have gone well but knowing how Hellwing handled shit he'd be in trouble with the locker room in two month for no selling shit and stiffing.

not with that same character thats for sure.

But the WWF was on the verge of collapse in 1997................................ just kidding lol.

It was not long before that

they would tweak the character obviously

>to you then our
GOOD MORNING SIR

>resurgeace
GOOD MORNING SIR

>Forbid him from doing promos
You watched too many hitpieces. There was nothing wrong with Warrior's promos. They were as crazy and eccentric as Hogan's or Savage's ever were.
His ringwork was trash though and he could only have good matches when carried by someone like Rude or Savage.
I think Warrior could've gotten over as a wildcard babyface that feuded with whole factions like Ahmed with the NoD. Assuming Sid took the spot planned for him, he would've gotten another short run with the strap at least. Maybe the tension between Bret and Gay Magazine could've abated a bit if they both hated having Warrior around.

Russo would have _hated_ booking Warrior. A Russo-booked Warrior would have ended up like when they tried to do the "The Undertaker is a character played by Mark Callaway" shtick in late 98.

I know a bit about these plans.
The plan here was not just based around Warrior but the whole company. Vince was going to do what would be later known as a brand split- the WWF would have its Saturday morning division that would appear to children and then the more adult Raw stuff.
At the time of the Attitude Era, Vince was heavily resistant to making a more adult product because of the various toy deals and international TV deals which called for a family friendly product. So the plan was to split the company.
He wanted to product the normal Raw then the superhero/comic version full of gimmicks for the children. Warrior was supposed to be the headline of the kid friendly division.
The whole idea was scrapped due to problems negotiating with sponsors for what would have essentially been a new show, though I believe they did try a soft launch of this idea using Heat or Metal at some point.
Here's the funniest thing about this - Tim White told me this in a bar after a wrestling convention.

I think russo wanted warrior in like 98 and then he tried to get him in for warrior vs goldberg in wcw too

Who would have been in a "kid-friendly" 1998 WWF then? Warrior, The Patriot, The Headbangers, Avatar, Flash Funk... can't see who'd have been the heels albeit.

As the guy all the other guys make fun of, yeah.