Why couldn't they draw any dimes?

Why couldn't they draw any dimes?

Attached: Lucha_Underground_Logo.jpg (248x371, 47.37K)

You tell me

They were on a station almost no one had.
I'm gonna start using this on other boards

zero business planning god bless them. their episodes were super expensive and they didn't charge for tickets. they created all these characters to copywrite and never made merch for a single one of them.

It is a fucking travesty. Greatest wrestling creative in history.

>they created all these characters to copywrite and never made merch for a single one of them.
there were a few things
I'm trying to find a picture of their mexican glass candles, I'm pretty sure they made a Mil Muertes one
But it was few and far between and usually LU merch was just the brand name (I bought a regular Lucha Underground t shirt) or was of names not owned by LU like Pentagon Jr and Rey Misterio.

Attached: 81-2LDaXAxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg (1500x1234, 222.71K)

it's such a simple and obvious concept for success in hindsight. why hasn't it been replicated?

They were on a really crappy channel that almost no one got

it failed because of the hiatuses between season tapings and the airings
during those hiatuses results would leak (Sexy Star winning the title, which got fans pissed off for months before it finally aired and was a nothing burger) and during those hiatuses wrestlers would make the dirt sheets about leaving the company (Prince Puma, Johnny Mundo)

Matt Hardy kinda took the concept with the cinematic matches, or was that before LU?

And WWE and AEW have had a few cinematic matches that were kino. It’s really a brilliant concept

Flippy shit is never a draw

This is the only smart thing that I ever fell for that was actually good.

Smark*

Because it was on a nothing channel and creative went to shit halfway into season 2

actual answer is that LU was intended to be the cornerstone of el rey but the network didn't expand quickly enough. still the best wrestling product of the last 20 years and a vision of studio wrestling done outside the WWE model

>Matt Hardy kinda took the concept with the cinematic matches, or was that before LU?
After LU

it's just natural. look at darby's short film kind of stuff, with the excellent lighting and stuff. that might give wrestling a new leash.

>heavily edited wrestling matches on a weekly basis
no ty

I'm not saying they were the messiahs of wrestling but it was definitely different from WWE which is all it needed to be. It is fine to have different flavors of wrestling on tv so that everyone is gets what they want.

Attached: ioykhbtrakross.jpg (800x450, 53.3K)

They were on a weird premium cable network and refused to partner with a streaming service until they were already dead, which lead to Netflix immediately dropping them after a couple months despite pushing Glow heavily at the same time.

World wasn't ready for it

i like that they did studio wrestling but managed to capture the energy of an ecw-type crowd. i think a lot of wrestling promotions could thrive right now if they were able to shake the "must do live shows must tour" model. there's so much room for so many different kinds of promotions and instead all we get is progressively shittier versions of vince's "northeast territory except it's the entire planet"