Why does the prospect of me using my fathers connections to get a job fill me with fucking dread?

Why does the prospect of me using my fathers connections to get a job fill me with fucking dread?

Attached: 23548234.jpg (3840x2160, 682.08K)

They are not your connections. It's a gamble on the faith you have in your father to give you proper connections, as well as the faith he has in you not to disappoint him. It's entirely different than forging your own path. Don't worry, subhuman males always use nepotism to survive, otherwise you'd be a tranny coke addict sucking dick on the street. Your genes just can't survive without assistance. You don't have a choice.

You're retarded. That is literally how it is supposed to work.

Because you will have to live forever knowing you got the job not on your own effort and you're a fake. Unless it's already commonplace there and you're qualified don't do it.

Nepotism is a helluva drug

This, and not this. It's our responsibility to provide for our children. Once you've become established and your father is in the twilight of his life, you will take his place and the cycle continues anew with you and your children. That's how it's always been.

Attached: 1660612644811404.jpg (1080x1132, 199.34K)

Who the fuck cares, everyone is fake.
The real problem is that Op will not just get shit from the boss when he fucks something up, but any real trouble caused will end up following him home and he'll never hear the end of it.

>as well as the faith he has in you not to disappoint him
Yup, I think thats it.

Misplaced belief in meritocracy and equality.

Also connections imply unfairness imply your success is unfair imply you by extension are unfair. Maybe. Maybe you just don't like your dad

it's the job itself user
i might be getting a job very soon and it fills me with dread as well. i literally want to die
i have 8 years of employment under my belt and IT ONLY GETS WORSE
sure, your pay doubles. you can buy shit. but you know every penny spent is 1 cent worth of MISERY AND SUFFERING you had to endure
i even chose the least terrible career path and employment is still the worst thing that ever happened to my life. NEET it up as long as you can anons, employment will make you wish you were dead 24/7 if you're not a normieshit

do you have a backstory you spastic retard or are we supposed to divine it with chicken bones?

I didn't think the backstory was important. I wanted general discussion on the topic not personal discussion relating to me.

because if you abuse the rules then you feel like you lose the right to complain about it.
i got a job because my dad knew a guy. the manager who interviewed me once revealed at a work party that there was no chance in hell he'd hire me if my dads buddy didn't vouch for me.
i later used the experience i got on paper to get another job, then i used the work ethic i developed to be well liked by my managers.
this sound boomer as fuck but its not. i worked a factory tier job then on a ship. even those jobs would be above me if i didn't use my dads connections as a stepping stone.
if you want to apply to every job there is, get interviewed by two and never hear from any of them then go right ahead.

i feel the same way. don't want expectations too high

You do realize everyone does this?

>Misplaced belief in meritocracy and equality.
this.
guys get promoted because hes friends with the guys who promoted him.
girls get promoted because the higher ups like looking at her cleavage during her presentations.
the only reason office jobs require a college degree at all considering how you basically just need to use a phone and use excel, is because they dont want to sift through an actual million applications.

the only way to get a job is to have connections that is just how it works. I only managed to get hired at a grocery store because my brother worked there at the time. six years later I hate this place, and I want to leave but I can't even get to an interview with other retail stores. my works in an actual job, which is way about my skills and qualifications so I can't go that route and my brother moved states.

>the only way to get a job is to have connections that is just how it works.
you set me on a train of thought i feel like venting.
i think it was either Ghengis Khan or Kublai Khan who made his palace guard from the sons of his best/most loyal generals. i also thought about how the royal army of the British empire required a bunch of senior officers to vouch for you in order for you to be able to even buy a place in the officer academy and later buy a direct commission.
and i haven't even started on the rabbit hole that is nobility and class society.
maybe its just the natural state of humans.

It makes sense though. If you were the owner of an empire would you really entrust randoms to guard you or would you reward your generals loyalty with their offspring guaranteed success in life.

exactly, it makes perfect sense. makes even more sense when you stop viewing humans as more than tribal niggers chucking spears at eachother. even modern society is plagued by tribalism and a never ending quest for status.
OP should simply use the resources he has at his disposal because any principal he has against it goes unnoticed.

For me it's a feeling of not being able to be my own person or get anywhere on my own. Like if I can't move forward in life without someone basically doing it for me what does that say about me? Am I not good enough for anything? I have a shitty job, but it was me who got it. I could make more money and go work somewhere else by abusing nepotism, but I would be surrounded by people I don't like that would never know me as anything but "that one person's family member". It's also not a career that I want or would be happy in.