Punching

>punching
how much is about the right technique and how much is it about raw strength?

Attached: ryan-gosling-beau-gosse.gif (498x270, 2.24M)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

go ask someone not on r9k wtf

Learning how to punch properly is pretty easy so I'd say 80-90% strength and 10-20% technique.

It's mostly technique. You hit more with your hips than you do with your arm. When you rotate your body it adds momentum to your hit. Also, you want to make contact with your index and middle knuckles, and keep your thumb out of your hand or you'll break it

>It's mostly technique
If this were true weight classes wouldn't exist.

>t. doesnt know how punching works

Almost all of it is technique. Untrained people don't realize how much of a punch comes from the leg and sides. The arm contributes the least to a punch but watch retards fight and they're trying to punch with just the arm. Unsurprisingly it does little damage. They are also very stiff and slow. A strong punch is snappy and relaxed all the way up until the point of impact where it freezes in order to transfer the mass and momentum into the target.

Under boxing rules who do you think will win; 130lb champion who trained since childhood or a 180lb lard that was sedentary his whole life? Extreme example but skill does play at least some role.

If weight classes were everything when it comes to punch there will be no cruiserweight boxers who hit harder than heavyweight. Pro tip - there are. There are even cases when someone who was lean cruiserweight lose power when he bulks up to be heavyweight (there are more money in heavyweight) Punching power is speed^2*mass. If you gain 5% mass but lose 5% speed you are at loss when it comes to power.

>Punching power is speed^2*mass
wait is this actually true?

Hit hard and hit fast, the first couple of hits do most of the work

Attached: 1659762080761938.webm (1078x608, 1.85M)

Can confirm I remember when I was a kid and before I learned some martial arts I would always make my body stiff all throughout the punch and I thought it is weird that you are supposed to tense up only at the end. What is very curious to me is how this isn't an instinctual evolved knowledge. You would assume it is one of the most important things for survival.

Are you sarcastic or genuinely a physics retard?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy
100% true. Well if ti comes to punch because there are some lever mechanics at work there are some other fuckery. Like limbs to torso ratio witch is very important when it comes to punch. But if we talk about kicks it is blatantly obvious because a novice kick is always slow. Limb mechanics are also more equal among people when it comes to kicks. With experience kicks become faster and faster and even if the scale shows same fighter weigh a trained kick can be easily 2 times stronger than untrained one.

Does leverage really mean a lot though? I would assume it is just pure energy and how much you accumulate and transfer. With leverage maybe you can accumulate more energy but I always found that leverage just allows you to add more energy over time and beat friction and inertia to have something moving. In the end though it is probably the same amount of energy needed to do something.

like 50/50 tee bee aych

What a shitty example, the lard doesn't have strength either.

good personality on display

More technique than strength. That being said, explosiveness is important and you can't really be explosive without at least some baseline strength.

Take what you will from this Auchwitz-mode guy knocking out a buff guy

Attached: skelly knockout.webm (720x848, 1.96M)

If you have short limbs longs torso and narrow shoulders you will have weak punch compare to someone your weight but with short torso and long limbs. Legs are more "equal" because men have narrow hips so this is not an huge difference person to person of relative same weight and height. Also too long legs are not optimal for kicking unlike punching when long legs always give you advantage. See average boxing champion body shape and kickboxing or muay thai champion body shape.

Make the other guy a powerlifter then. He's still going to be slow with anemic punches compared to little man.

What's the person doing behind them? Why would he lie on the ground but not the bed?

>also white people

Attached: 1662156714805499.webm (396x720, 928.14K)

Isn't length of limbs related to distance travelled which then determines how much energy you build up? Wouldn't call it leverage.