Why do retards on 4chuds crusade against psychiatry so much?

Why do retards on 4chuds crusade against psychiatry so much?
If you are virgin or NEET or both after 20 you clearly suffer from mental illness.
You can't get to that point without having some form of high functioning autism, social anxiety disorder or ADHD at the very least.
It's not even debatable - normal people just don't end up wasting their life inside a basement - if you do and believe it's society's fault or you are simply "lazy or uninterested" and it's not you who is mentally unwell, you're clearly coping hard.

Attached: UG5wUwKPBgRjnosnC5f45miyWsLhH5tc1jB0Nq0lfRk.jpg (251x242, 10.35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenhan_experiment?
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

t. schlomo md

Psychiatry is still bullshit

If you're fucked up make sure you don't tell anyone about your problems becasue that will 100% everytime make it worse

Even if you get help what are they going to do for you? Hop you up on pills that do nothing for you?
Wow, what a great use of my money.

Psychiatry is fake. Have you heard of en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosenhan_experiment?
>Rosenhan's study was done in two parts. The first part involved the use of healthy associates or "pseudopatients" (three women and six men, including Rosenhan himself) who briefly feigned auditory hallucinations in an attempt to gain admission to 12 psychiatric hospitals in five states in the United States. All were admitted and diagnosed with psychiatric disorders. After admission, the pseudopatients acted normally and told staff that they no longer experienced any additional hallucinations. As a condition of their release, all the patients were forced to admit to having a mental illness and had to agree to take antipsychotic medication. The average time that the patients spent in the hospital was 19 days. All but one were diagnosed with schizophrenia "in remission" before their release.
>The second part of his study involved a hospital administration challenging Rosenhan to send pseudopatients to its facility, whose staff asserted that they would be able to detect the pseudopatients. Rosenhan agreed, and in the following weeks 41 out of 193 new patients were identified as potential pseudopatients, with 19 of these receiving suspicion from at least one psychiatrist and one other staff member.
>Rosenhan sent no pseudopatients to the hospital.

The hyper-focus on "past trauma" and branding you as a victim must really fuck with the patient's head:
>American sociologist Thomas Scheff applied labeling theory to psychiatry in 1966 in "Being Mentally Ill". Scheff argued that society views certain actions as deviant and, in order to come to terms with and understand these actions, often places the label of mental illness on those who exhibit them. Certain expectations are then placed on these individuals and, over time, they unconsciously change their behavior to fulfill them.

Attached: B074TWG8V7.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_SX500_.jpg (326x500, 46.77K)

I don't like psychiatry but that's because it's positivist philosophy of science is extremely gay. The fags who live in the APA are basically like high priests

>Why do retards on 4chuds crusade against psychiatry so much?
psychiatry is kind of a meme though.

Indeed antidepressants helped me when I was so depressed that I literally thought U had worms in my brain making me depressed, but when you are just depressed I feel like antidepressants hinder you more than help.

Anxiolytics are still ok though.

But what it is truly good is a psychologist/therapist.

Attached: 1635185150619.jpg (1255x1255, 160.73K)

>If you are virgin or NEET or both after 20 you clearly suffer from mental illness.
Uh huh. And good luck even getting a diagnosis in the US. Most therapists are associate degree holding dolts that just want to listen to people talk for $100 an hour.

And as others have pointed out if you say the wrong thing to a psychiatrist or psychologist you can ruin your life and be put on meds that absolute destroy who you are.

Psychiatry almost has to be taken on at a personal level if you want results. Learn about your neuroses, be introspective, analyze the difficult memories that messed you up and work through them. Saying "just get psychiatric help" to an American is like telling a Somalian just to plant more food so they aren't so hungry.

Because it doesn't work, the majority of White women are on anti depressants and yet they are all miserable in their lives, shouldn't the number of them on anti depressants be going down?
Yet it keeps going up.
And 70 years ago they were all not miserable and they weren't all on drugs, obviously these are societal problems that are being masked with drugs and not brain chemistry being off like you fucking jewish faggots like to pretend.

True, especially if you are diagnosed and use medications regularly.
Foids are degenerate and may be into it more than one can expect, but most people will treat you with contempt.
It's just like being ugly or handicapped, you have subpar genetics and people don't like it, but atleast you can hide it to some extent.

No I didn't, but I heard you spent your teenage years in a basement and deluded yourself into thinking you have the same mental capacities of a neurotypical person.

>And as others have pointed out if you say the wrong thing to a psychiatrist or psychologist you can ruin your life and be put on meds that absolute destroy who you are.
Things you can't do with a psychiatric diagnosis:
>own firearms
>become a pilot
>hold a security clearance
>avoid anal rape in a divorce ("user was seeking help after his father died. he's clearly a nutcase and I deserve 50% of his salary + tip.")

Attached: 1639155407215.jpg (1080x474, 214.25K)

>deluded yourself into thinking you have the same mental capacities of a neurotypical person
I don't have the same mental capacities, thank God. I'm a Qualified Purchaser. You will have to look it up, we are not the same.

>neurotypical
>person.
Thats oxymoron, there no such thing just like there no dry water.
Collectivism and conformism are anathema to individualism.
Stop spouting nonsense and think before you post, even if its very hard for you.

>Why do retards on 4chuds crusade against psychiatry so much?
Usually because we have experience with it. Completely fucked me over. Wish I never tried to get help

if youre not depressed in cringe modern society maybe youre the one who's mentally ill op

I wish nothing but death on psych hospital doctors

Scum of the earth

Genuinely speaking, youd be hard pressed to find more abjectly evil people

Good bait OP
You got a lot of people upset
It is pretty obvious bait but you're on the most baitable board on the site so it'll work

I have bipolar and take a mood stabilizer by the by, changed my life

>dude trust me you don't need to live a healthier life and make friends to be happy, all you need is this newly invented mystery pill that may or may not give you paranoia and suicidal thoughts
>trust me dude the doctor has your best interests in mind, even if he personally benefits from keeping you hooked on prescription drugs forever
>just swallow it bro, everyone on twitter does it and look how happy and balanced they are

Attached: funny noseman.jpg (395x506, 42.92K)

>The hyper-focus on "past trauma" and branding you as a victim must really fuck with the patient's head
user, I really want to talk about this a lot because it's been on my mind so much recently but it's 1:24 am so there's only so much I can say without making a fool of myself.
I think that conditions attributed to traumatic events should really be considered unusual cognitive behaviour that can have many causes. It should be dealt with the way any behavioural problem is dealt with. Psychiatrists are fucking gay for trying to elicit their patients to see strange minor things that could happen to anyone as life changing traumatic events, and they gaslight them by talking them into thinking that things that didn't happen did.
>t. has dealt with psychiatrists
You need to live a healthy and normal life to have people around you who will see things in you more accurately than you see in yourself. They will point out things that you don't notice and you have to have some faith in them. Then you know which areas of your cognitive behaviour are at fault. You have to be tough on yourself, but you can change and for the better. That is often the sensible approach to weird dysfunctional people who may or may not be the victims of trauma.

>No I didn't, but I heard you spent your teenage years in a basement
And this is supposed to be bad thing?
But nice appeals to majority and authority.
>and deluded yourself
Just like you deluded yourself that you are human with personality when you are nothing but real life version of video game npcs?
Lets face it, you are just wild animal that religiously worships normalcy.

Someone is coping way to hard.
I wish, but most likely its genuine post, this place is filled with normalfags.