Is anyone else here a vegetarian?

Is anyone else here a vegetarian?

Why does everything EVERYTHING have meat in it? Literally 99% of food. Meat eaters are so fucking disgusting. Animals.

Attached: 98CDDAA8-854F-4D64-B501-78B8216CE999.png (1124x1331, 749.75K)

but user, you live off the smell of your own farts, theres technically no meat in them

Because humans evolved specifically to be hunters and eat meat, it's literally in your DNA to. If you wanna make the argument, bible thumpers should be just as angry at vegans as they are at gays

Attached: bong.jpg (400x400, 14.13K)

im not sure if you're aware but we haven't been hunting for atleast 10000 years

>it's literally in your DNA to
OK retard, explain why vegans have higher testosterone levels and way lower cholestrol levels. Do you actually think you need animal products to live? You are a caveman.

I'm a vegan, 3 years now. Robots who go oh woe is me can't get a gf, hate Chad, but eat meat are the worst of the worst, they don't see the hypocrisy of it at all

But we have been eating various meats for a very very long time, so much so that being vegan involves not only a lot of substituting various things for things that vaguely taste like the original thing, and an IMMEASUREABLE amount of cope.

source: was vegan for 8 months

>Why does everything EVERYTHING have meat in it?
>lentils
>beans
>kale
>oats
>parsley
>spinach
>apples
>blueberries
Just make your own food OP. I cook all my own meals. I'm like 99% vegan at this point without even trying.

>But we have been eating various meats for a very very long time
Appeal to tradition, who cares what we've been doing for a long amount of time, doesn't mean anything
>so much so that being vegan involves not only a lot of substituting various things for things that vaguely taste like the original thing
That's the whole point, for meat-eaters to understand that eating vegan isn't just eating salads all day everyday
>and an IMMEASUREABLE amount of cope
Explain

>Animals.
Yes, humans are animals. What's your point?

YOU haven't been hunting. If you want ethically sourced meat, start hunting. There's no reason to deny your biology because of how other people consume their meat. But most vegetarians dismiss this because they're too pussy to take an animal's life.

OP, I hope you feel as much vitriol towards carnivorous and omnivorous animals as you do meat-eating humans. Hate the institutions that treat animals poorly, not the people who are simply trying to live their lives.

Well yeah we are animals, we're an advanced form of chimps essentially. We're biologically adapted to be able to eat plants and meat, why would we choose the one that causes more suffering?
>but le plants suffer disingenuous argument
Meat-eaters cause more plant suffering

I was vegan for 8 months to impress this tree hugger chick. It sucked, the sex wasn't worth it, and I went back to eating normally. So much more flavour. I felt like a victorian child eating his first Dorito.

Never again

Attached: 2jws6l.jpg (225x225, 8.33K)

>who cares what we've been doing for a long amount of time, doesn't mean anything
It means a lot. Traditions don't just pop out of thin air until we arbitrarily decide to stop, traditions arise out of repeated behaviour which is generally to our benefit.

>I was vegan for 8 months to impress this tree hugger chick
You were never vegan user
It's a logical fallacy. I understand traditions are important but traditions aren't something that should be a reason alone for happening, there has to be some reasoning behind it. In the case of animal slavery, I don't think it's a good tradition. Why is it OK to keep these animals as torture slaves but not humans? What makes these animals deserving of a life in a factory farm and not humans?

>You were never vegan user
I literally completely abstained from animal products for eight (8) months. Entirely.

Attached: 1661660673805924.png (666x607, 151.07K)

>traditions arise out of repeated behaviour which is generally to our benefit
No
>traditions arise out of repeated behavior which were generally to our benefit at the time of initial creation
You can't remove historical context and just be like yeah tradition good.

Yes user but you were never in it for the ethics, just to impress a chick. Not vegan

op is a faggot
f-a-g-g-o-t

And this is a strawman argument, again you are attacking the mass farming institutions that abuse animals. I agree that it's unjust, but that is unrelated to personal traditions regarding food. Do you think Christmas for example is a poor tradition because in modernity it has been coopted by capitalist ideas? Your anger is misplaced. There can be a way for humans to consume meat ethically. It's much like climate change, out instincts are being exploited to harm the environment. That doesn't make our instincts wrong.
weak argument, culinary traditions go back 10s of thousands of years to man sitting around the fire, it's one of out oldest and most innate behaviours that has never wavered in its importance, not some FOTM thing lost to history. After all eating is one of the most important things to our biology, we are what we eat to a large extent and most of our lives revolve around acquiring and preparing food, even today in a capitalist society. Food is society. It's right up there next to sex as a fundamental.

Yes vegan, by definition. I also did do it for the ethics, just thought I shouldn't mention that on Any Forums lest I get called nasty thing.

Chicken nuggets just taste too good for me to go back to acting on my ethical concerns

Attached: 99f.jpg (269x188, 7.29K)

>weak argument
It's really not. It's traditional to avoid shellfish, pork, and other unclean foods, but those are no longer considerations in modern society. Culinary tradition is very different from area to area. Which tradition are we looking at? Papua New Guinea highlands? India? Greece?

>There can be a way for humans to consume meat ethically
Can there? And yes I do agree that it's the mass farming institutions that abuse animals, but these wouldn't exist if it wasn't for the people supporting these industries. If there were humans in these factory farms people would be mortified but since it's non-human animals, it's yeah who cares?
>There can be a way for humans to consume meat ethically
The only way that's possible is fake meat, aka not having to breed animals and kill them. I don't see how raising an animal, putting it in a cage and then killing it could ever be ethical