What sort of lies have you been told as a child?

>throughout school you'll make friendships that will last a lifetime
>when you grow up, you'll meet girls, date them, eventually marry and have children

did your parents set you up for any such disappointments?

Attached: cartoon-mother-son-learning-to-ride-bike-bicycle-cartoon-stick-man-drawing-conceptual-illustration-mother-teaching-111393998.jpg (1300x931, 181.49K)

>never fight back when you are bullied user, you'll get in trouble!

To my mom a detention was the end of the world.

>if you study you'll live a happy life, all you have to do is focus on school and everything will be fine!
>dont worry my boy you are pretty! all the girls must be in love with you
> if you respect people and only do good deeds, only good things will happen to you

....ad infinitum

Would you have preferred if they were blunt with you? I doubt you'd have handled it well then.

The best way is not to fight back physically. Violence is always seen as a bad thing, no matter who is in the right.
Use other means to get them punished, like telling the right people or sabotaging them.

he's on Any Forums i doubt the age at which they shattered his expectations would have mattered

My dad basically crapped on every single possible career path and then wondered why I had no drive toward anything. He's a pilot himself but talked shit about it all day long.

Attached: 1543733846-edit-20220830192709.jpg (1692x1668, 982.34K)

I'm autistic so the amount of times I've been gaslit is more than I can remember. My parents used to tell me I was going to be a homeless person to make me do school work though

Attached: 1660415694093165.png (960x1065, 1.64M)

This.
I never understood the whole thing my parents did with "user, you should le work. Le get married. Le reproduce" etc when both of them constantly complained about it and seemed miserable. Why do they wonder why I think so poorly of all that shit?

>both of them constantly complained about it and seemed miserable
My parents hated each other's guts by the time I was 8. My father endlessly whined about his career and my mother flat out refused to ever work.

Yet they wonder why I don't seek out romance or a career myself. Gee, mom, can you take a fucking guess?

>my mother flat out refused to ever work
can't really blame her desu. You should still try to be less of a failure of a son though

>youre so smart
>youre so attractive the girls will flock to you

I never understood this mentality either and its a bitch ass father mentality desu

I get it. You put effort into your career and probably have done what no other person has done within it.

But to discredit every other possible field because YOU believe it isnt worth it is the epitome of ignorant and shitty parenting.

Then you exactly wonder why your kids arent inspired to do anything at all. Whats the point when every other thing you want to do isnt considered as great?

Bonus points if they tell you that what you want to do wont make money for you when their are clear examples of people making a career out of it.

Congrats, you now have an eternal retailer/hard manual laborer / entry level worker.

Thanks Dad

Attached: 1659855001956280.jpg (1022x731, 131.36K)

>You should still try to be less of a failure of a son though
Fuck that. I'll do shit to make myself happier and make my life better, but those losers had eighteen fucking years to be lead by example, act as role models, or teach me anything useful and they didn't give a fuck. What I do is not for them and never will be.

Attached: 1591059251848.png (540x361, 288.99K)

>I'll do shit to make myself happier and make my life better, but those losers had eighteen fucking years to be lead by example, act as role models, or teach me anything useful and they didn't give a fuck.
So what; your entire life before being an adult you lacked any agency at all? You were like an empty receptacle, just waiting to be filled by your parents? You sound like a failure at life looking for someone else to blame, and you've found a perfect scapegoat in your parents.

Is anything in your life actually your fault?

Yeah I wanna punch the old faggot in the head, there's so much shit I could basically ramble all day about him. Just completely ignored me as a kid and left the parenting to my mom, was very much an exoeriece of a single mom upbringing when it didn't have to be. Never showed a shred of interest in my life, how school was going, who my friends were.

He's a helicopter pilot and enjoyed everyone tonguing his ass over it, like other dudes would grovel in front of him and even women would treat him like a rockstar, but "durrrrrr no it sucksss durrr" "I hate the attention", "there's no money in it". He crapped on every other path too- tradesmen are retarded trash, lawyers are whores who will do anything for money, white collar workers are all scum who produce no value, doctors are weird creeps, teachers are pedophiles and self important pricks, it just goes oj and on, his fucked up negative lens took many years to remove from myself. Oh yeah and he shat on school sports and discouraged me from them too. It's actually insane to write it all out like that and realize what s sack of shit he is.

>throughout school you'll make friendships that will last a lifetime

The truthful part of this one comes from the fact that friends are built, not found. You don't find a friend, you build a friend. And a friend is someone with whom you've BUILT a really really trusting relationships, usually requiring 10-20+ years minimum before it blossoms into an actual, mature friendship.

This is easy for children because every person they meet is "on the same level", essentially a blank slate with whom to build a friendship. Two blank slates developing an interest in video games, or two blank slates developing an interest in football etc.

Adults find it difficult to (and most often are unable) to form friendships with other adults because:

1. They don't have the tens of thousands of hours needed to actually craft a friendship. Adults are too busy working; and
2. Adults come with existing hobbies, interests, opinions, etc. You're doomed from the start because you've already developed incompatible personalities. Children don't have this problem because they haven't developer a personality yet, thus anyone is a potential friend.

>your entire life before being an adult you lacked any agency at all?
Yes, it's called childhood. Do you have any idea how crucial the pre-adolescent years are for brain development? They literally shape who you are.

You seem to imagine me sitting in a hole pouting that nothing's fair. I'm not. I'm an adult with my own life and I've struggled for over a decade fighting the apathy I was conditioned to accept by a pair of depressed failures.
It's not easy and I wouldn't wish it on my enemies. I feel I'm allowed to complain or at the very least express my disgust with having lived such a life for so long. And it's more than fair that I can blame those losers for 18 years of negligence.

>Yes, it's called childhood. Do you have any idea how crucial the pre-adolescent years are for brain development? They literally shape who you are.
Lol okay, dude. Anything to avoid any semblance of responsibility for your own situation. Your parents raised you, but you've made the choice to remain who you are. If you've decided this is it, then a failure is who you really are as a person. Keep blaming your parents for everything; it will at least give you someone to pour blame on for your own mediocrity

My dad was always a massive history retard highly politicized idiot, he would often "help me" with my homework and even gave me "lectures", I always repeated the "facts" he told me straight, until one day my teacher paused, showed me a history book and pointed me how it was wrong.
From dates being wrong, to places, to people, to facts.
My dad is a fucking idiot that thinks he's smarter than he really is. I never trusted him again after that, now 20 years later I still notice he hasn't changed and still spouts bullshit to my younger siblings, but they know better because I told them dad is full of shit and taught them to check facts over the internet instead. He keeps his made up bs to himself now because nobody listen to him.

They convinced me I was some sort of genius and now they suffer seeing me so retarded

lol why did they think you were a genius?