China's last emperor was exiled and forced to live in the Soviet Union during China's communist revolution...

China's last emperor was exiled and forced to live in the Soviet Union during China's communist revolution. When the communists won, Mao had the emperor sent back to China as a special project. He thought if he could get former royalty to embrace communism, then it'd be a testament to the system being superior to all others.

Communist Party officials took him around China to meet all of the people whose lives he negatively impacted; Chinese slaves who he sold to the Japanese, the victims of Japanese massacres that he greenlit, the concubines he had.

After understanding what he put people through, he put all of his faith into communism and lived the rest of his life as an actor.

Attached: 95AA87A9-AB80-4FB0-91BE-AD63F4BC4CBB.jpg (750x474, 251.52K)

Yeah, sure. China in no way has a long history of torturing people into public apologies

Im quite certain my dude just wanted to not get killed.
>from Chinese emperor to nobody back to Emperor back to nobody then Japanese captive and later puppet "emperor" aka just figurehead with 0 power
He had multiple titles that couldve probably pissed off the Communists so it makes sense to agree with them and just live ur remaining life as a nobody

Still a better outcome than what happened to Russia's royal family. No one ever talks about how merciful Mao was to let him continue his life as a performer.

why didnt he just flee to japan? they would have taken care of him

>be romanovs
>those who did not escape are martyred for anti communists
>be last chinese emp
>puppeted around the entire country like a dog, constantly praising mao as a jester so he is not killed off, being sent to the dustbin of history as nothing more than a sniveling coward
You and I evidently have very different views on what is actually merciful, for at that point I would rather a quick death than decades of even more embarrassment and puppeting. The communists wanted to humiliate him even further user, Rome did the same exact shit during their time.

Attached: 33E2B6C5-E04C-4BA3-9EC3-E31C2F5D0EE4.jpg (601x794, 48.53K)

The revolutionaries came to his palace and arrested him. He had no option.

If you had the choice between living peacefully in your new country as an actor and being brutally murdered by angry peasants, you'd choose the latter?

Are the Romanovs even fondly remembered in Russia? It seems like the government has more love and admiration for the soviets. They still see Lenin as a hero there even though they've rejected everything he believed in.

>get publicly humiliated around China for 15 years straight following your extended Siberian holiday
>get shot by some overzealous Maoist in 1949 as you step off the train
I wonder which I would choose

>not wanted to get killed
As weird as it sounds, he would never have been killed. Its considered very bad manners to kill a former emperor or head of state, and it's very rarely done even if you're mortal enemies. Usually you send them off to some palace in the countryside to live out their days until they die.

not who you're responding too but...

You and I have the same views and I also believe the communist party was merciful. Everything that happens in reality happens according to the free will principle.

The emperor CHOSE the coward's life. He was given a choice, infinite choices really and he chose to be a coward. The real cruel punishment would be to execute him against his will in some far off place.

Free will is always respected in reality or there are extreme karmic debts to be paid and all people know this instinctively. This is why he was given the choice in defeat. Always remember that even in your darkest moments you have free will, the ability to choose. Get creative. It makes the life more interesting.

Attached: EzJ08F_UYA0Smbt.png (1764x1014, 444.6K)

>and lived the rest of his life as an actor.
No, he didn't. When he was in the reeducation camp he performed in plays about Manchukuo and enjoyed it, but after getting out he became a gardener. It was mostly busywork since he had zero job skills on account of being waited on hand and foot by servants his entire life and the government just wanted to give him something to do.

No, they had Puyi in a reeducation camp for like 10 years and he spent the rest of his life as a sycophant to the CCP. Safe to say he was pretty thoroughly indoctrinated.

Attached: Pujie and Saga Hiro visit Puyi 1967.jpg (534x800, 55.66K)

>Are the Romanovs even fondly remembered in Russia?
What do you think?

Attached: russia-poklonskaya.png (1200x900, 1.03M)

>russia-poklonskaya.png
M-mommy!

Attached: apustaja.jpg (559x549, 27.32K)

Not real saints. Only Rome can canonize people

not catholics, mercan

Because Orthodoxy does not submit to Papal authority. It is an incomplete church

I think a random picture of a handful of people doesnt denote widespread support from 140million Russians

Of course it's impossible to know how many Russians are true believers or not, but some years back they had to prevent screenings of a movie in Moscow because it depicted Nicholas II having an affair with a ballerina and people were offended on the dead Tsar's behalf.

Attached: 1_bscayIh7x6EZW44w_PqPgQ.png (1060x707, 1.13M)