Man this is hard

this is the most difficult algebra problem i've ever seen or the most poorly worded

Attached: file.png (1520x848, 154.48K)

The real-world answer:
Who the fuck cares when the bill was due? It's overdue now and that's all that matters you neurotic, overanalytical git, so just pay it. Maybe if you applied your math skills to applying for loans before you started this project, you wouldn't have gotten in this mess.

>neurotic
>says the guy who is being sociopathic and antagonistic about a math question

I argued with my teachers and got them in trouble with the principal for being stupid.

X = y + 70

X + 4y = 870

Hope you can figure it out now user.

How is middle school going user?

i already solved it but mathematically it was confusing since i couldnt account numerically or variably why i would be able to get 23

im 29. i have completed higher level maths. im just going back from scratch to redo algebra because i've always been bad at it

Attached: file.png (445x590, 185.46K)

>im 29. i have completed higher level maths. im just going back from scratch to redo algebra because i've always been bad at it
If true then I apologize, and good on you for improving yourself. The question feels purposely designed to trip you up by including that they're utilities which is useless information for the problem. Good luck on your studies

>The question feels purposely designed to trip you up by including that they're utilities which is useless information for the problem

precisely

how do you have like 13.8 days tho? shouldnt it be an integer?

>im 29. i have completed higher level maths. im just going back from scratch to redo algebra because i've always been bad at it
I was going to make fun of you but after reading this, wow man, good going.

yeah i dont know why he put y there. in my OP pic it says 'of a single variable' which is what made it harder for me desu lol

here's how he did it

Attached: file.png (1481x796, 269.57K)

yes thats correct. its 5x + 70 not 5x + 280 because only the cabinet was late 7 extra days, not the utilities

The virgin problem thinker.

The Chad problem solver.

The Thad makes it someone else's problem.

Daily reminder that Mad Thad is free

The Lad become the problem.

why are there no solutions for |x| = -3?

this is why i never remembered algebra as anything other than a set of rules to do calculus. i just said 'ok if the absolute value is set up like this then it does this'. i never questioned why or how it works and this makes it very frustrating

Attached: file.png (878x522, 172.25K)

Because the absolute value of a number is just its distance from 0.
You cant have negative distance

>You cant have negative distance
Based and 15th-century pilled
Negative numbers are imaginary, do not pay attention to this witchcraft

what is it? 16 days sums up for 800 and then the utility ones a week old, so thats 870. so the utility one is 23 days and the rest is 16, i guess.

Measure distance by number of steps. Walk exactly two steps. Cut feet in half. Backwards walk back four steps. You literally decreased the distance walked by exactly double what you initially walked.

WHAT NOW YOU FUCKING CUNT???

but your distance from the origin is still two steps retard
actual the cabinets is 23 days
23 + 4(16) = 87
87*10=870