How long did it take you to realize your very own parents were toxic to your mental health?

How long did it take you to realize your very own parents were toxic to your mental health?

Attached: 2452345234.gif (640x360, 283.78K)

As long as it took me to realize that I'm the only toxic person I know.

not as much as I was to myself pussy

Attached: 8ea8dae3d7a164ab6d0b27f3fd777708.jpg (640x480, 36.22K)

Unconsciously, pretty early. I distinctly remember the first time I saw a preview for Shrek and my mother said something like "This is pure demonic filth!" She was out of town when it actually came out, asked dad to see it, he had no issue at all. Exact same thing with Kingdom Hearts.

Consciously? Not sure. Came with some combination of noticing people who kept telling me "That's not normal" in regards to my upbringing or how nobody appreciates casually negative remarks (which she makes multiple times a day)

Too long user. Moving in with my old man was the biggest mistake of my life.

>"stop being a basement dwelling tranny faggot and go outside"
>"FUCK YOU DAD, YOU ARE A DANGER TO MY MENTAL HEALTH"

Many such cases.

>14 years old minding my own business
>dad makes sarcastic comment about mothers shoe collection
>screaming, yelling and crying about the financial stability of the household ensues
>starts yelling about me being a financial liability
>stomps on the floor in anger over father buying a new car

>lmao dae parents TOXIC

kill self zoomie

My dad made halfhearted attempts to turn me into a functioning person and they expectedly failed and now he hates me. Whatever, I enjoy my life

When I was turning blue on the carpet my old man was screaming about not having the money to bury me. I thought was pretty funny when I found out.

>How long did it take you to realize your very own parents were toxic to your mental health?
it took me dropping out of college to realize I had to cut my mom out of my life. she put soo much stress on me when she did absolutely nothing right herself.

Yeah, burials are expensive, why not stop being a deadbeat and get your own deathcare affairs in order

Fuck funerals. When I die I want my corpse to be driven out to the middle of nowhere and dropped in a ditch

Attached: E79D19CA-FA89-48EE-97CF-1DBD77E0742B.jpg (720x718, 128.06K)

I paid the bills. I was the man of that house. He lives in a homeless shelter now and the state will put him in a box when he dies. There will be no funeral and no grief felt by anyone.

Did the use of the word toxic really trigger you this much?

It's more the immature sentiment of blaming your problems on your parents. Take some goddamn responsibility for your life.

Why can't I do both? My parents have irreversible fucked me. Responsibility? Being independent and getting a job is never going to fix the life time of anti-social tendencies, insecurities and traumas.

My parents were actually very kind and nurturing, attentive, loving, etc. They always made sure I played sports and fed me healthy. They were great parents

BUT

my dad was a fighter pilot in the military and we moved to a new state every 2-3 years as a result. I lived in 8 different states and went to 3 different high schools by the time I turned 18. I was always the new kid. I missed so many developmental milestones due to this.

So my parents were great, and still are, but my dad's career basically guaranteed I would be a social retard and outcast

You can have toxic parents and still live a happy life. But I know you're only pretending to be retarded because you want attention. I don't mind giving it to you.

You can be raped and still live a happy life. Just get yourself together, pick yourself up by the bootstraps and find yourself a job at the factory kid.

That was a little too on the nose. Hilarious that you accidently knew me for a moment.

>wahhhhh my parents don't love each other
weaksauce trauma bro