Who /lonely/ here?

Who here is truly lonely?
like the kind where you talk to only one person a week (not family)
or having no close relationships.
this shit is driving me crazy, no matter how much I try to connect to people, I cant seem to form any kind of close relationship with anyone

please share your stories, experiences, and attempts at trying to get out of this deep valley

Attached: download-1.jpg (256x256, 12.32K)

I used to be like that but now get my fill of socialization at work. I still have no close contacts, but it is surprising how much of a mood booster a bit of casual small talk can be

trips of truth, used to think I'd rather die than small talk
persistent loneliness can do strange things to a person

yeah, work can be nice, although I fail to find true close connections.
once all is said and done and I get back from a month long job the loneliness immediately sets in again.

I was never close to my family, no friends of any kind, not even e-friends in like ten years and no close relationships. Zero presence on social media. Any Forums is my only socialization. Oddly I am not "lonely" at all, but that's because I am not actively trying to form relationships because I am broke as fuck. Need money first, and health, before giving that stuff a try. It would make sense though to feel lonelier when trying to connect and repeatedly fail, loneliness is felt sharpest when you're around people who only reinforce how abnormal you are.

I am almost afraid of "making it" financially, because it'd get rid of a big distraction from loneliness. My parents were workaholics and now I understand perfectly where they were coming from. So do you have your life in order, OP?

>but it is surprising how much of a mood booster a bit of casual small talk can be
Agree, also why I sometimes enjoyed wageslaving.

I get that too on weekends. The loneliness can seem more intense when you have something to contrast it with.

I used to talk to people but I have drifted apart from everyone. Even if I try to reach out I'm ignored, I just get ghosted.

i only talk to my dad and my dog, literally dont talk to anyone else cuz i never leave the house. im not really lonely tho. i used to have a lot of friends and it was exhausting. life is much comfier without the drama and responsibility that comes from a large social circle

The worst part is having nobody to confide in when things go wrong, which they do a lot, and having them at least feign sympathy. Yeah, yeah that's what family is for, but every time I've made that mistake around them they just minimize my pain and experiences, store it to use against me later, and find some way to make it all my fault. I only tolerate them since living with them is cheaper than on my own, but it's almost not worth it anymore.

First week of college. Been trying my best not to be a repeat of my highschool self sitting alone in the corner listening to music full blast on my headphones but it's been kinda tough. I try to be my genuine self to everyone I meet but I still feel like I'm forcing myself to fit in to a group I don't really belong in. I've made some decent friends and honestly I'm probably paranoid and self-obsessed but a part of me still thinks I annoy most people I'm around. But if I'm living my true self then why should I care if someone doesn't like it. It's just somewhat frustrating to see everyone form cliques all around me and I end up feeling like an afterthought even though I try to be proactive in getting myself out there. Never know when to ask someone for their contact or not. Feel like a clingy creep doing it. Been trying to approch girls more often but the more L's I take I begin to lose hope, in comeplete defiance of my previous stance which was that the more you fail the more resiliant you become. Most of my problems are boringly all too common, Im sure. I guess that should make me feel better but it doesn't either, Im not even special enough to be a *real* social reject loner. Im sure I'll make a come around soon enough and it's not been all bad. Im just being a gay emotional bitch rn. Thank you for listening.

Attached: 69CCCF06-60FF-408A-893C-187D28D7195C.jpg (746x739, 85.11K)

I don't even talk to a person a week. I'm stuck in a loop trying to finish uni and at the same time unmotivated to study.
I literally had tons of friends and a girlfriend like a year ago. Weird to think about. A mix of breaking up and moving away and I'm alone. Weird how your life can change in an instant.
It's maybe the 2nd time my life has changed in such a brutal way

If it wasn't some user friends online, I think I would've busted my brains already. Loneliness is a disease

Yeah I think part of my imposter syndrome is that I know I was a loser in highschool so when I started making friend in college it didn't really feel real. Just as soon as life can turn gay and shitty though it can turn nice and comfy. Good to keep in mind.

I feel the exact some way about my family. I deffinitly have to move out at some point but just saving up till then.

That's true. People always think the grass is greener. Everyone's in the same boat more or less

Yeah, although I think you can carry those past negative experiences and they can come to haunt you later on
I was always a loser and in a sense I think you tend to want to stick to that role like you said.
I do see a lot of people struggling to make friends or ending up alone after a broken relationship so I guess I'm not "alone" in a sense
I wish it was easier to meet lonely friends. No one wants that label though

Highlight of my day was probably taking to a random guy in the line at panda express. Hope I see him again :)

I'm just waiting for them to die so I can collect my inheritance from those narcissistic yuppie fucks. It's a couple million, supposedly, assuming they're not entirely lying. In a sick way I'm starting to think they want me to fail since their entertainment consists of status games and shitting on other people. It's all business to them anyways, which is probably why they think they can fuck with me however they want just because they let me live with them.

At this point I almost don't care. The thing that's helped me talk to people is asking myself what I have to lose and the answer is not a goddamn thing.

Let their hate motivate you to never give up on your dreams user. My family is the same way where the only thing that brings them together is shitting on other people.

They've been trying to change my dreams for me for years now. It's not like I want to become a total loser or drop out of school to become an artist either. I want to become a doctor; they want me to become a bsns-codemonkey techbro so they can brag. We """compromised""" with graduate school after my attempt at code monkeying spectacularly blew up in my face. Now I'm treated to a constant barrage of:
>introversion is a mental disorder
>you are tempermentally unfit to be a doctor
>you lack empathy
>you aren't nice enough...
24/7 if I don't act so happy that it's like I'm on drugs. They seem to think they're doing me a favor by letting me not immediately join another shithole startup to get tortured to death so the CEO can import another russian whore. And I'm the one that lacks empathy?

Ahh, I used to be like that. Until you spiral into a void of negativity. These things take a toll on your mental health. You probably just haven't reached a breaking point
I don't have a problem talking to people. I just associate it with negative feelings so I'm not naturally pushed into it. So I end up deciding to stay home most of the times. Not that I have anywhere to go recently. But things like going to the supermarket are stressful because I have to put on a "face" that allows me to navigate such environments and be nice but stern and it's this balance that makes it a tiring experience because at the back of my mind I mostly hate anyone that comes into contact with me
Not in an edgy or hateful kind of way. Most people just have nothing in common with me and will take advantage of me if Im too nice or too transparent

Not the user you're replying to but yeah, loneliness makes people do crazy shit. Like it feels a lot anons were crippled on purpose early on by their parents (helicopter), so they could live through them and keep some form of company till their deathbeds. That's why moving out early is important, but some anons don't make it, they fail to build non-familial relationships and end up in a Stockholm Syndrome type of situation when they're old enough to see the writing on the wall. At that point they start wishing their parents live as long as possible, because money is meaningless at that stage of life rot. How old are you user? What will you do if you fail to move out?

Attached: OLzIaJd.jpg (2048x1536, 425.88K)

>How old are you user?
Late 20's
>What will you do if you fail to move out?
Irrelevent question. The plan is to stay with them as long as possible until I finish school or blow my brains out to milk the money for all its worth.

I've moved out once and failed.
It's not a pretty thing but I want to try again. The problem is I'm single now and with housing prices either I land a decent job or it's not worth it

just moving out is deperessing as well
you have no one to fucking talk to anyway
you're more lonely than ever

not making friends in school is death sentence
best option is to save up to quit work and leave parents house and go to university simultaneously

>comes to r9k
>dae loooooonelyy??

You're an actual retard.

>Late 20's
>stay with them as long as possible until I finish school or blow my brains out to milk the money for all its worth.
A very tough situation, user. I just read your post again
>couple million
Stick with the plan, the average boomer inheritance doesn't mean much with poor mental health but a couple million can buy a lot more than overpriced cars.

Doesn't hurt to ask, how do you keep yoir sanity as things are?

Yeah I see millennials post all the time about having to move back in with their folks. What about container homes? Buses are cheap, for some reason. Unless you live very up north a bus is a feasible idea.

Exactly my point. You become tied to them.

You're the retard here, it's all zoomers and normalfags larping as robots.