Keeps disproving the myth that boomers have slower reaction times compared to zoomers

>Keeps disproving the myth that boomers have slower reaction times compared to zoomers
How does he do it?

Attached: CarltonBeener_E3_Rapha1.jpg (740x370, 76.09K)

eu fags SEETHING

Boomerbros we still got it.

>le exception should define the rule
Ngmi

>reminded during evo that daigo is in his 40's now
where does the time go, lads?

there's only one rule he's the exception to (among pro esports players) and that is that he is consistently good enough at his game that he can AFFORD to stay an esports guy well into his 30s despite the game being so small. pretty sure he had a sidejob in the past, too, and only made it his full-time gig when the "pro league" was created that pays a regular (low!) salary. with that and sponsorship from a team and companies he can AFFORD to keep living in this esports bubble. meanwhile most esports guys simply have to face reality when they hit 30 or sooner. keep this up and you won't be able to retire with dignity, you won't get a woman to stay with you as there's no prospect of paying for a family etc. it was never "reaction times" that ended people's careers, it was always responsibilities.

the match where he dumpstered whoever it was after the loss was CATHARTIC. so good. but then he went right back to shakiness against zenaku. the way he repeatedly threw on corrupted keep has me convinced he won't win another match unless he has some kind of epiphany tonight or in the morning. he really needs to get his risk-assessment in gear. when he is in the lead he takes so many risky fights that are simply not necessary. the comebacks his opponents have been getting this tournament are FREE. they didn't earn any of them, he has only been defeated by himself both days.

Reaction time doesn't matter much for that sort of thing when everyone is already hella slow to begin with. An jetliner is faster than your nerve signals.

prediction > reaction

quake isn't much about reaction time like cs is. like yea it matters but its not the end all be all of everything.

dueling in quake is much more about positioning, item timing, reading stack, knowing when to push. theres a lot going on in high level duel

Bro, the railgun is hit scan with a small hit box. You cannot predict the shot.

your reaction time only degrades by like 30ms from age 25 to age 35. if you have a top 1% reaction time at age 25 you are still going to have a top 2% reaction time at age 35. cs player f0rest still has a 150 ms reaction time in his 30s which is better than the vast majority of zoomers, because he had an insane 120 ms reaction time when he was young

most of the top quake guys are guys in their 30s because they have a shit load of experience from their q3/qlive days. cypher, k1llsen, tox, bukster, agent, cooller, cnz, av3k. they've been dominating quake since like 2007 lol. vengeurr is the youngest quake pro and its honestly amazing how good he is considering he hasn't played quake for that long, especially going up all the guys who have been playing quake since he was literally a baby

theres more to the game than hitting rg lol

rapha is a special case because when he was dominant in quake live it was a running joke that he had horrible aim. he won because he is really smart at reading people, keeping on top of the item rotation, and knowing how to get back in control

>all these mental gymnastics when there is no scientific data to support that your reaction time will get worse with time to begin with
reaction time is obviously important in every FPS and it's also besides the point because the only data to suggest that it declines with age is in the general population. it's comparable to those stats on how people get fat with age. yeah, if you live like everybody else that's what happens to you. you keep eating the PUFA and you get fatter every year until in your 40s you're officially overweight and in your 50s you might even be obese. OR you can just not get fat.
kids play ball sports and video games and have good reaction times. who's to say that if an adult male continues to play video games and works out a little that his reaction time will decline AT ALL? nobody has even tried to prove this, yet everybody just assumes it's true based on misinterpreted statistics.

35 year old here, this is incredibly interesting. Thank you. I've noticed zero change in my gaming abilities over the years, and I guess that would explain why - the change is very minor.

Is it a linear decline where you lose 30ms every ten years? There's a YouTuber grandma who did a Genshin Impact Let's Play at the age of 90. She reached Level 40-something, so she got a fair bit into the game. So it's possible to at least be good at offline, single-player games in your 90s.

Attached: Iris Mysteria.jpg (850x1133, 135.02K)

but then his aim got better year after year until he was keeping up with evil's LG damage in head-on fights in 2016.
he switched mice and stopped using accel for Overwatch after that and his skill plummeted. then in the last year or two his aim is once again pretty great and he's also winning tournaments again.

not that user but i wouldnt worry about it until youre in your 60s, thats when people seem to start slowing down cognitively

i honestly think evil choked every time he played rapha, evil fucking destroyed cypher like every week for years and cyphers aim is insane compared to raphas

And even then, it's a pretty minor decline so long as you don't develop dementia (5 percent of people in their 70s, 25 in the 80s, 50 in the 90s). My dad's 73, my mom's 70. They pause to collect their thoughts a *little* bit more than when they were young, but most of the time they seem to think as quickly and fluidly as anyone of any age. The only one of my four grandparents who never developed dementia died just shy of 86 and seemed no different from anyone else. You said something to him, you got an immediate, eloquent, and fully comprehending answer. He might have seemed a tiny bit slower than his younger self if you squinted hard enough, but he was still very lucid and quick-witted.

Attached: Princess of Moonbrook 3.png (500x763, 276.6K)

cypher had shitty strats. evil outplayed him strategically. evil's brain is severely underrated. he also made it to one of those finals vs. rapha while switching sens between or even during every match, paranoid about something being off. his grasp on the strategic side of the game and his rock solid item timing were so strong they carried him to the grand final of a quakecon despite missing lots of shots.