Any anons here ever try CBT therapy?

Any anons here ever try CBT therapy?
Is 'changing your thoughts' a meme?

Attached: 1659388576915007.jpg (954x694, 42.17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3951033/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5997931/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I love cock and ball therapy

Yes. It doesn't work. Peer pressure only works for weak minded low IQ people.

I started it.
So far it feels like a complete meme made for normalfags with nothing to feel bad about.

Yes mental illness is a meme go to the gym

Therapy works. Alternatively, you can go vent your frustration on dogs/cats/squirrels and beat the shit out of them. Kick a dog in the ribs or stab its eye, you'll feel better.

Either way you got to get the sad and frustration and anger out of your system.

I won't take medication but I'm considering therapy at this point. I'll try anything, I'm going to die if I don't change very soon.

It worked for my anxiety but still haven't done much for my depression. I can control my panic attacks without meds now, but forcing myself to do stuff still takes up all my energy

It works for me but it's not just 'changing your thoughts'. It's recognizing behavior and actively trying to change it too. The thoughts thing is just to get you into an introspective mindset. Which you can also achieve with mindfulness meditation.

TL;DR it works but requires you to actively change behavior and take an honest look at characteristics and life choices.

>Is 'changing your thoughts' a meme?
No, it's essentially the basis of Buddhism.

Not OP, but does anyone know if EMDR works? My therapist is extremely confident in it and I don't want to challenge her on it.

Attached: gdf55zse8pm41.jpg (828x1116, 120.61K)

yethph

There aren't a lot of excellent studies on therapy and a lot of it is confounded by the fact that any kind of therapy is likely somewhat helpful just because it gives the patient someone to talk to you. EMDR seems to be effective in treating PTSD though.
If you want to read studies:
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3951033/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5997931/

It won't hurt to try it

>PTSD though.
She's also convinced I'm suffering from trauma. I'm indifferent to diagnosis, but my psychiatrist said I have depression and recommended CBT. I'm kinda torn about how to proceed.

i thought it stand for cock and ball torture,

>She's also convinced I'm suffering from trauma
Did anything traumatic happen to you or is she just guessing because of your behavior or something?

>Did anything traumatic happen to you or is she just guessing because of your behavior or something?
I mean *I* don't think I've been traumatized. Nothing clear like molestation/assault etc. My parents are divorced, but that is the closest thing I can think of.

If your therapist is into deep breathing and guided meditation it can be pretty fun, gives you a break from talking about yourself.

Trauma in early childhood doesn't always seem like trauma as an adult, but it can still affect you negatively. Stuff like neglect and divorce can do that.
It's kind of weird that she's pushing the trauma angle if you don't agree with it though. EMDR won't hurt you, but it might be a waste of time. You could always try a different therapist if your current one is pushing something you don't agree with.

I just got back from a 2 hour work out. I'm getting 10+ hours of exercise a week and I still don't care about life. 4/10

>neglect and divorce
These are definitely present.
>It's kind of weird that she's pushing the trauma angle if you don't agree with it though.
It's not that I don't agree with it, I just have no idea. I don't know what it's like to suffer from trauma because none of my experiences are what I consider traumatizing, though fuck idk they may've been.
>EMDR won't hurt you, but it might be a waste of time. You could always try a different therapist if your current one is pushing something you don't agree with.
This is the therapist my family doctor recommended and of all the therapists I have tried she's the only one I actually like. wcyd

>These are definitely present.
Neglect is definitely traumatizing even if it doesn't feel that way. I almost think it's worse than physical abuse because at least with physical abuse you can blame something solid. A parent ignoring you doesn't give you anything to really point to, you know? If you were neglected, you were abused, and abuse is traumatic, especially for kids.
>I don't know what it's like to suffer from trauma because none of my experiences are what I consider traumatizing, though fuck idk they may've been
That's really why neglect is so insidious. There's just nothing concrete about it. It's not like with sexual abuse or physical abuse where you have these events that you can bring up. It's just being alone and unwanted, but it's still abuse.
>of all the therapists I have tried she's the only one I actually like
Have you asked her about all of this? I guess I just assumed that you had brought it up to her, but if you haven't, that's probably a good conversation to have.

And I'm not saying that you were or weren't traumatized. Everyone responds differently to things. Some people go to war and come back fine, some people get in a car accident and get PTSD.