Why cant he have a memorable match?

why cant he have a memorable match?

Attached: NJPW-willospreay.png (640x358, 126.45K)

he is, was, and always will be the guy that works with the guy

He has a decent amount of memorable matches. In fact, I'd say he has not that many less memorable matches than Kenny Omega. Certainly has more memorable matches than the fucking Young Bucks.

But whereas Kenny Omega's 5 star matches or 5+ star matches had like 50% of them being memorable, Ospreay's are now below 20%. Meltzer may have overrated Omega a bit, but it was so much more within reason than Ospreay.

>Meltzer may have overrated Omega a bit, but it was so much more within reason than Ospreay
Headcanon. He was, and is, much worse with Omega.

most of them are watched by not many people, that's the problem

this dumb nigga cant read

I basically don't watch AEW, so I have watched 0 of Kenny Omega's supposed 5 star matches there. I can't comment on that.

But Kenny Omega in New Japan was much less overrated than Will Ospreay in New Japan and it's not even fucking close. As I said, it jumps from 50% of Kenny Omega's 5+ star matches matches going "Eh, that was a bit too high, like 4.5 stars or 4.75 stars" to like 75% of Ospreay's 5+ star matches being "That was 4 stars at best".

>Kenny Omega in New Japan was much less overrated than Will Ospreay in New Japan
I don't agree. He overrates both, but Ospreay is great at a style I don't care for, while Omega is simply the shits. With Omega, it's not just that Dave overrated matches that were decent, he also gave 5 stars to Omega matches that were actively bad (like the Jericho one).

Maybe because you don't remember them

literally no one in this thread has suggested ONE.

Maybe you have dementia. He had a great match with Okada a week ago.

>but Ospreay is great at a style I don't care for, while Omega is simply the shits
Weird distinction to make. One could just as easily argue Omega V Jericho is just another style of match you don't like. Feels like you're overcomplicating. Either you liked a match, or you didn't. Ospreay's video gamey shit sucks.

What happened in that match?

Omega-Jericho was bad. That's why I didn't like it. It wasn't a style problem. It's two guys trying to have a wild brawl when neither are capable. They can't even throw decent punches for a start.

His matches with Shingo were awesome. And his match with Ibushi at Wrestle Kingdom was pretty nice.

>trying to have a wild brawl
Oh so you're an idiot then.

lol bro, you didn't watch it.
I'm not even that user and I most certainly can't be arsed giving you the cliff notes, but I could name moves, sequences and the story of that match from the top of my head without bothering to watch it again.
>Ah-ha, you aren't gonna do it, though, you aren't gonna back up your assertion
Because I don't need to. Anyone that watched that match knows I'm speaking the truth, and anyone that didn't (Like you, obviously) is never gonna watch it anyways.

instead of writing that essay you couldnt named 1 thing that happened in that match that were memorable.

Is Will Ospreay the first wrestler to prove without uncertainty that getting a match rated 5 stars by Meltzer means absolutely nothing?

I remember lots of it. I remember Ospreay did a headlock. What do you mean by something memorable? Nobody teleported or anything, if that's what you want.

No, it hasn't meant anything for a long time, way before Ospreay. Look at how many Toyota, Omega, Ishii matches he's overrated. He gave 5 stars to a Michael Elgin match FFS. He gave 5 stars to a clusterfuck NXT ladder match with a bunch of shitters in. He gave 5 stars to a bad Keith Lee/Dijak PWG match because the crowd chanted "5 stars" at one point.

so all you remember about it was "good match"? thats not 5 stars? 5 stars is a classic you remember in a decade, not a match you cant name a single thing about not even a month after.

I honestly just don't want to do it because I can already see all of your weak responses from this. "Oh, you only remember the finishers?" "Oh, you only remember the cool moves?" "Oh, you looked that up".

Like, what is your point? Assume you're right and I somehow completely forgot anything that happened in that match and I decided to lie to you about it for some reason. Obviously I could just go look it up now if I was really that hellbent on lying.

Must we really do this dance? Don't watch the match if you don't want to. It was memorable to everyone that is familiar with the story of these two guys and that watched it.