Free will

Objectively looking at the world it seems that everything is governed by cause and effect - including our very minds.

We get a ton of inputs, and our minds come up with an output. It may feel like we have choices, but given the same inputs we would always arrive at the same decision.

Has anyone else come to the same conclusions? It feels like everything is predetermined and we are just under the illusion that we can make any type of difference when the reality is that we are just here to watch and experience life as if it was a movie.

Attached: 6ncn39azu5x71.jpg (443x767, 58.3K)

Other urls found in this thread:

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/06/theres-no-such-thing-as-free-will/480750/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

You make a decision you receive an outcome, why give a care if it was predetermined or not it's valueless info that just burdens your mind. Just believe what you prefer I guess.

Attached: 1659441859593198s.jpg (250x250, 6.33K)

>Has anyone else come to the same conclusions?
Yes. You're gonna make a lot of people seethe with this information.

Attached: 1634000463050.jpg (999x769, 164.68K)

I do believe in free will.
I have the ability to stand up whenever. I could stand up, and go walk around, or just do nothing. It's a choice that I have, at my digression.
Maybe it's fake, but it feels authentic enough for me.

These things always devolve into stoner-tier "yeah but what about..." bullshit. I think we're just collectively too dumb to even get an answer on this.

>objectively looking at the world
HA! Stopped reading there.

Maybe it is healthier to just not think about these things, but it is freeing in a way knowing that things went the way the way they did not because of your choice but because it was lal predetermined.

Good. I think this is important to think about when trying to understand the world and why people do the things they do.

Except like I said, the decision to get up or do nothing is impacted by a shit ton of inputs that you are not even aware of. It's an illusion that you can actually choose.

great! now what?

When you give up on ideas of freedom, rationalism etc and start using the only language any life form respects you will start winning.

yes, free will is 100% rubbish. but it's kind of futile because there are so many people who are determined to cling to it, even though it's totally incoherent. no amount of evidence will actually convince them even when we get it

>my digression.
discretion?

theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2016/06/theres-no-such-thing-as-free-will/480750/
an interesting read

Dang. Yup. That's it.

Free will is a meme. Of course there is no true free will, everything is governed by physical laws we don't fully understand, and maybe never will, and the mind is no exception to that. The only freedom we are given is being unaware of what is determined to happen. So from our perspective we do have the power to make choices and affect outcomes, but it's purely fictional.

>Objectively looking at the world it seems that everything is governed by cause and effect - including our very minds.
Proof?

Attached: c1c.png (200x231, 64.94K)

>Without them fighting for this country, you wouldn't be able to sell anything whatsoever!
It's hilarious how militaryfags unironically think they're what's keeping terrorists from kicking our doors down.

There's plenty of causes that can have more than one effect. If random chance is possible that means free will is possible

>it is freeing in a way knowing that things went the way the way they did not because of your choice but because it was lal predetermined
I guess, but at the same time I disagree. It frees you from a sense of resposibility over your life, but that also comes with the problem of if you actually want to make a change, logically you can't because it is predetermined. Whatever keeps you functioning I guess, but most of the time this prevents people from functioning.

The argument that you can't prove free will goes both ways. You can't really disprove it either. It's a matter of personal belief. My belief in a free will is as valid as your disbelief