Cars were invented by the capitalists to get you to stop using trains

cars were invented by the capitalists to get you to stop using trains

Attached: 2083959C-69EB-4305-98F9-929A21F8FB7B.jpg (625x440, 262.34K)

what exactly is capitalism? any youtube vids on it?

I would only use public transport if niggers and spics didn't also use it.

close enough. i want more trains.

cars are way better than trains. better privacy and you don't have to share it with other smelly people. and you don't have to stick to their schedules

I keep thinking that trains would be impractical for a country as large as America, but then again, China has an amazing subway system that stretches through the entire country

Maybe our government is just retarded and can't manage its finances well

it's a combination of people like and the fact that americans have been brainwashed by car culture for the past 70 years.

most people in this country literally can't IMAGINE living somewhere that isn't a boring suburb surrounded by soulless strip malls. it's always about "muh children, muh niggers, muh property values".

cold, lifeless people.

But that doesn't make sense user. Wasn't the 19th/early 20th century US rail industry the peak of monopolistic capitalism?

>impractical for a country as large as America
they exist for no other reason than transporting things long distances
how does this opinion exist

Attached: 1658855500153866.jpg (1080x1071, 111.67K)

I don't live in a suburb, I live in a town and work in a city. I drive to work. I get to sit down and be by myself and my commute is only a half hour. If I took public transit my commute would be two to three times as long, I wouldn't always get to sit, and I'd have to be around other people.

you're complaining about the status quo, which is inefficient. this is why people want change. not another 8 lane highway.

The vast majority of driving in the US is within cities. There's just not enough traffic between cities most to make running trains worth it.
Running trains inside cities isn't great either, they tend to be way more spread out than cities in Europe. Very little would be conveniently accessible from any one station so you would need to build an absurd number of them.

most "cities" in the US are not actual cities. they are places where everything is purposefully spread out to make people depend on cars for literally every mundane task (grocery shopping, going to school/work, hanging out, etc.)

if these cities worked for both pedestrians & cars alike, most people wouldn't drive unless they had to.

and no, no one wants to take away your right to drive and own a vehicle. because i know you're gonna say it.

Cool. So just bulldoze them and start over?

So you're going to make public transit that's as fast as driving and where each person gets a railcar to themselves? If not, fuck off. I'm autistic and don't want to be around people during my commute.

like they did back in the 1930s to build highways across former cities in texas? sure why not

>I'm autistic
you shouldn't be able to vote you fucking freak.

Ok, consider everything you just said.
>Long distances
>Not much traffic between cities
>Cities tend to sprawl
>You'd need lots of stations (yes, that's an integral part of trains)
i just don't understand why you think cars are the only answer

>If not, fuck off. I'm autistic and don't want to be around people during my commute.
autism is a psyop also solely engineered to sell you cars

If only autistic people could vote we'd live in a much nicer society today.

I don't think you appreciate how much the cities sprawl, especially in the west. The problem isn't just that you'd need a lot of stations. It's how many people could easily get to each station / how many places they could reach from one. Nobody is going to build a passenger train station that could only serve 100 houses or 2-3 big stores.
I have nothing against trains. Loved getting around with them when I visited Europe. I just think the US doesn't use them the same way because it wouldn't be practical.

Oh, i see what you're saying. but no.
You think I don't know? I live in the west. In the most deserted fucking web of suburbs. I know cars are the ONLY fucking viable way to travel. Do you like it? I don't.
So WHY can't we have just ONE train. ONE. ANYWHERE. EVERYWHERE. WHO CARES. If I don't "invest" in a car right now I'm committing social suicide.
Not practical? It's entirely practical. It's criminally practical.
You can have a car, who cares. You can ALSO have a train. God, I'm losing my fucking mind.

I understand your frustration.
My city tried exactly that. They set up a passenger train to run between here and another city nearby. People use it, but it's been pissing money for 10 years and it will literally never make a single penny of profit.
If it doesn't make money then nobody is going to spend millions to build it. Unfortunate, but what can you do?