/mbti/

YouTube edition
>Your mbti type
>last video you've watched
>what are some of your favorite videos?
>what does your recommended page look like? (screencap is preferred)
>your favorite channels? (and what's great about them)
>(bonus): if you were to start a Youtube career what kind of content creator you'd be?
>(bonus): if every type created a channel what kind of channel would they make?

Take the test here:
sakinorva.net/functions

An introductory article:
myersbriggs.org/my-mbti-personality-type/mbti-basics/

Additional tests and resources:
pastebin.com/p1aw7cYS

Previous Thread:

Attached: 1655042186192.png (640x430, 28.86K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ar9QyYF0lqc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openness_to_experience
youtube.com/watch?v=-UkJ5CmdYuo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anooonnnn now I have to spend the next 15 minutes clicking do not recommend on random videos to maximize the aesthetic value esemaych shitting my pants and crying

>Posted 1 hour and 34 (now 54) minutes ago
>1 Reply
Are we not using this thread...?
>Your mbti type
INFJ-A
youtube.com/watch?v=ar9QyYF0lqc
Mostly music..
>what does your recommended page look like?
Again, mostly music, JoeRogan, random Peterson videos and some Alan Watts.
>your favorite channels?
Berd
JoeRogan
JoranPeterson
That's about it.
>Bonuses
Not into that stuff.
>If you define PTSD
I am not the one who defined PTSD. I'm just telling you how it is defined. The thing about PTSD, it doesn't ever go away. You can recover from the majority of trauma. Not all trauma leads to PTSD. PTSD stays with you forever.
>Your arm can become perfectly functional again.
Yes, just like you can return to a normal life with PTSD. But that arm will never return to its pre-broken state. Those broken bones will always be broken, even after they're completely healed.
>difference between merely having an impulse and expressing it as you did.
I was just honestly and genuinely expressing it.
Like, have you ever asked someone who's used meth or another hard drug like that about it? They'll tell you the honest to god truth. "It's the best fuckin' experience I've ever had. It's like the best sex imaginable." Then in the very next breath they'll say something like "I'd never touch it again, and I'd strongly recommend you never touch it as well."
>Negative emotions have a function though.
Most certainly. But, there's a time and a place. You have to eventually discard those negative emotions in order to move forward. You cannot stay locked in that shameful self loathing forever. You need to move past it. That is literally the first step to overcoming pretty much any mental issue.
From the ashes, you WILL be reborn.

Attached: Pink Peen wears Turbie as a hat.png (666x666, 9K)

1st for Sexy Sophie

HOLY SHIT, ARE WE ALIVE?!

>Those broken bones will always be broken, even after they're completely healed.
???

>Your mbti type
ISTP
The new Summoning Salt video, yesterday I think. I don't watch youtube much anymore
Ridiculous question, over a decade of videos to choose from. Generally some old videogame lets plays and some older videos from my favorite content creators are ones that I end up coming back to
I don't log in to youtube anymore and I have too many anti-fingerprinting things for a recommended page to exist. Not only that but I browse youtube on the command line now and don't really look at recommended videos.
Channels that actually still make videos
Summoning Salt & Bismuth: Fun speedrun content, nice to watch in the background.
Practical Engineering: Cool engineering videos
The Hated One: Good, informative privacy content
Mental Outlaw: He's sort of just become regurgitated Any Forums, but he has a lot of fun and interesting videos, and informative content if you don't happen to browse Any Forums.

In terms of channels that I don't watch anymore but I used to love
Day9: Genuine guy, great starcraft videos
Jerma: Old jerma videos are hilarious, as well as his TF2 videos
STAR_: Good TF2 videos and other random general funny videos

I can't list any more than that because I simply do not remember. I used to watch videogame videos a lot
>(bonus): if you were to start a Youtube career what kind of content creator you'd be?
Something videogame related. Probably would try to just make entertaining lets plays. It wouldn't really matter to me if I become popular because I wouldn't do it as a job so it would be more of a side hobby

Attached: 1617143156292.png (1536x2048, 1.9M)

You can't unbreak a bone, user. I don't know how else to conceptualize this. Maybe you're a thinker, so I'll try to put this into a number problem.

Your arm has 100HP. You break your arm, it has 20HP, it's a bad break. But, some time goes by, and your arm fully heals and is returned to 95HP. Your arm will never, absolutely never, go back to 100HP. You now have a permeant debuff "Broken arm: Arm MAX HP -5".
Your arm is now weaker and easier to break, and the broken arm debuff stacks.

Does that make it easier to understand?

Attached: 1399395164040.gif (500x540, 1.14M)

why is it weaker tho?? u got any studies to back this up??

>fall in love with cute infj at work cause i think shes flirting with me
>shes actually just being nice
i hate myself so fucking much, why was i concieved into this hell, my stomach burns from mental torment. Im so fucking lonely. I miss my ex gf so fuuuuuuuucking much. im a sick dog put me down, if you exist god, please kill me, give me mercy, let me die

Attached: EFVj1uiVAAIzdy_.jpg (640x737, 55.8K)

Bones work a lot like muscles. They're fibrous. Small tears, (or fractures) will result in strengthened bones (or muscles). But if you straight rip a muscle in half or something, that is never going to be the same after it heals.
Small fractures are basically like "working out" your bones. Like if you punch a wooden block, you're going to fracture things in your hand. As long as you're not punching it so hard that you obliterate your hand, it'll heal back stronger, assuming you let it heal properly.
This is actually the specific reason I used broken bones as an analogy for mental trauma and PTSD. Small mental traumas will make you weaker in the short term, but much stronger in the long term after healing. It's like the concept "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger." But, not everything that doesn't kill you, will make you stronger. Some things will without a shadow of a doubt, make you weaker.

I don't know about any studies. I don't care that much about the topic, I just have a basic understanding of how the stuff works.

>Your mbti type
INFP-T
Lawrence of Arabia mirage at the well scene
those based Christianity edits I think, theyre so well done
Horrible histories, true crime, commentaries, internet mysteries mostly
Sunnyv2 makes great commentaries
Wendigoon goes in-depth about mysteries
RIP Jim cant swim
Cooking tree has such lovely cakes
Verypink knits always helps with my knitting confusions
Talking about history perhaps, or speed drawings
>(bonus): if every type created a channel what kind of channel would they make?
Unsure, but ENTJ and INTJ would do something to do with history too. Perhaps more military history stuff ENFP and ESFP a horrible story time channel. Unsure about the rest

Attached: DFCB7F54-7441-4AF8-B587-12688E737027.jpg (1920x2924, 1.12M)

god I hate you INFPs weak, pathetic attitude. so fucking weak. seriously, you fuckers are just built to get fucked in the ass, aren't you? just look better and BECOME THE MANIPULATOR. STOP LETTING INFJS MANIPULATE YOU!

t. entj

yeah yeah, you are so above suffering, good for you. fuck off. your life is more meaningless than mine, at least i can identify the truth, you live in an illusion. I hate myself but people like you, i hate more, almost incomprehensibly

I only suffer when I fail to accomplish what I've set out to do. I don't just suffer for no reason. You INFPs suffer like it is a fucking sport, like it is enjoyable. Because deep down, I think you enjoy it. You like the feeling of being a weak, sissy boy that needs validation from others. You need a sexy INFJ dommy mommy to tease your cock and make your "suffering" feel justified. I have you lot figured out. And it wasn't hard, by any means.

The results of were interesting. Just like varying Big 5 and Enneagram scores the empathy heavily varies across a single type too. So stereotyping is even more of a sin now. What fascinates me the most is how types without or low Fe had high scores too but according to MBTI theory would struggle more with social dynamics, understanding how they appear towards others and what the true intentions of people are. How is that possible? How is a ressource responsible for interpreting what others are thinking and feeling disconnected from.. interpreting what others are thinking and feeling?
>It's just a matter of consideration, they see it but don't care or feel it as strongly and thus never arrive at certain conclusions, because they never think it through
But.. Fi users are mostly agreeable at Big 5 though? What the FUCK
And if empathy is disconnected from acting out empathy, then what drives kind people towards listening to peoples demands while others don't? What causes a disparity between understanding and feeling other peoples emotions (especially if they are both agreeable)

Attached: 22_-_The_City_9.png (1280x720, 961.6K)

As another INFP, please stop being so fucking stupid holy shit.

Attached: Ginko.png (250x250, 83.39K)

Nice reframe to make me look bad, but the pigs were pilfering my house eating small children I was supposed to be looking after, and the problem was I couldn't say anything that'd make them stop because I'd never even tried to be a vegetarian at that point so I'd been eating mamma pig's babies my whole life so it was only fair. It wasn't just "aaaaa, I'm being eaten by pigs, aaaaaa! guess I'm going to submit to the pig god and stop eating them because I'm a cuck or something idk aaaaa!"

I'd say Fi correlates more to openness to experience. or morover Openness correlates with being an NP in general because it includes facets like attentiveness to inner feelings

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Openness_to_experience

Attached: A Centaur's Life - c152 (v19) - p013 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire] panel 4.jpg (900x836, 554.55K)

All of this makes perfect sense when you know the deeper end of functions.

>How is that possible? How is a ressource responsible for interpreting what others are thinking and feeling disconnected from.. interpreting what others are thinking and feeling?
Fe types judge things based on what's visible. The "objective" side, you know. However it's a fact that when it comes to people's thoughts and feelings, most of it doesn't reach the surface so they escape the eye of Fe types. The smarter ones eventually learn to keep it in mind, and the dumber ones try to force their ways, causing people to resent them even if they probably have good intentions.
>But.. Fi users are mostly agreeable at Big 5 though? What the FUCK
Fi types are described as the ones who show the most "benevolent neutrality" and praise people's individuality without attempting to mold them, if not indirectly. That is usually considered very agreeable.

Both Feeling types of course work with Feeling, so both are likely to show empathy and care about emotions in general, and on a higher level also what's morally right or wrong.

I love when I encounter random videos that echo an idea that has been at the front of my mind. It gives me such a bizarre feeling. It's like a strange confirmation that I'm on the correct path.
youtube.com/watch?v=-UkJ5CmdYuo

>How is that possible?
That's because a lot of the "MBTI theory" is just downright bad and/or completely misunderstood/misrepresented. This is why we go by Jung. Someone can have a high feeling score, and be low in empathy. Fe has basically nothing to do with "other people's feelings" or empathy, that is a straight up meme definition. Emotions and "feeling" are two completely separate concepts.
>they see it but don't care...
This is essentially the truth. It's just one of those details that gets filtered out as "unimportant". It's like when you're walk down the sidewalk, you don't notice every single little detail of every leaf on every tree, or every crack in the sidewalk. Your brain automatically filters that shit out, even though you see every one of those details. You are completely unconscious of them. This is how your brain works at every conceptual level.
You can reword the function stack as "where I am looking", the dominant function is "your primary focus" the inferior is "the thing you struggle to see, because you're looking elsewhere". If you're looking at where you're putting your feet, you won't see what's directly in front of you.
>Fi users are mostly agreeable at Big 5 though?
INTJ, one of the most disagreeable types, who is also an Fi user, says "Hello!".
High feeling scores, either Fe or Fi are correlated with high agreeableness. Because the feeling functions job is to determine whether or not you agree with something.
>What causes a disparity
Where a persons focus is at. If you're focused on your own emotions, you likely won't feel other peoples, but you may understand them. "I've felt that before, I can understand."

Attached: 1573971105148.png (700x831, 121.71K)

>Someone can have a high feeling score, and be low in empathy. Fe has basically nothing to do with "other people's feelings" or empathy, that is a straight up meme definition
Actually good point. I think F types are more likely to show empathy but the catch is that they might not have more than the T type next door who is just bad at showing it. Though I am not sure I can agree with everything else.