Why have young people stopped reading fiction books?

> read more fiction books
> become more empathetic and socially intelligent
> finally grow out of NEETdom/inceldom/that "feeling of emptiness"
> picrel

> "b-but correlation doesn't equal causation, user!1!!"

just try it. it costs nothing.

Attached: readMoreFic.png (2276x1915, 1.97M)

also im dumb and put nonfic in picrel. but you get the point. gn people

Reading has had the opposite effect on me, if anything.

non-fiction may have that effect. try fiction.

Attached: F15D0CFD-A38F-4005-888A-F2E8DDA1457B.jpg (1125x585, 253.5K)

Reading classical books helps you have something to talk about besides internet memes.

I've been reading VNs ~4 hours a day the past year.

i haven't read much visual novels in a while. i like the one with the cyclops

If I want something to aply to real life, shouldn't I read non-fiction?
Also, who the fuck reads books anymore? lol.

yeah because that's the most important thing that happend in 2007-2010 , fucking Harry Potter stop being written by his retarded lesbian mommy.
fuck off back

OP is trying to alter the narrative. It well agreed 2007 is when it all went to shit, not because of Harry fucking Potter endind, but because the iPhone and smartphone era began in 2007

you read fiction to increase social intelligence. many young men and women have adopted a reductionist mindset regarding social interaction, hence the popularity of the black pill. interacting with other people should be intuitive and not cause the mental distress the people on this board describe.

it's just a meme to point out that people are reading less fiction. particularly zoomers.

I grew up without internet until I was ~15 so read A LOT. Still haven't ever even held a girls hand, let alone the rest...

hmm, that's interesting. you sound less autistic than me typing-style-wise, at least.

I read fiction books and I'm never uncomfortable talking to people but I am still a KHHV.

> I'm never uncomfortable talking to people
That's a good starting point. Is it just that you're uncomfortable speaking with the opposite gender, then?

Genuinely think this theory could have some weight behind it user, although I'm not entirely sure that it'll make a difference at this point. I read huge amounts of fiction as a teenager, still do and I'm in my 30s. Big focus on fantasy but the chosen one character always has a girl he's destined to be with, I'm a little bit on the spectrum and trying to subtly recreate situations from these books when I was talking to girls noticeably helped.
Unlike most of this board I'm in a happy relationship of 5 years, we've got a dog and a house. Currently sat watching the Simpsons together working up the energy to take the dog out for his walk, then going to a friend's for a BBQ.

Obviously I'm tall and white, bit skinnyfat but not too obvious when standing up, and I've got a well paying job, but when we first got together I was making less than her.

I tried reading /lit/-tier books and just couldn't do it. Shit's insanely boring. I just like going to the library and browsing through the sci-fi or fantasy sections until I find something cool. The only non-fiction I enjoy are history and immunology textbooks. Faggots who read "deep" books and philosophy all the time must be empty on the inside.

Attached: 1608176005051.jpg (848x1200, 175.78K)

heh, I should have mentioned, I was homeschooled until the same age (hence the lack of internet) so am pretty socially autistic, but well read.

>be me
>read harry potter
>suddenly have a harem
>now a billionaire
you weren't lying

That doesn't answer the question. Why fiction? Fiction isn't real.

It might help to get a reading ruler/overlay like picrel. or just use a piece of paper.

> I'm a little bit on the spectrum and trying to subtly recreate situations from these books when I was talking to girls noticeably helped.

That's how it helped me too. It helped strengthened my "intuition" for interacting with the opposite gender, I would just imagine I was the protagonist in a book I had read. I'm happy you found someone, btw.

for me, it clarifies my judgement while reading because it's not real. i'm not a psychologist or anything, but social interaction feels more "intuitive" like how explains.

well maybe just a nice nerdy wife, idk

No user, I won't read any fiction. I'm happy with my non-fiction tank books. I'd recommend 'Allied tanks of World War II' by David Porter. It is an excellent synopsis of allied tank combat during the war, and also gives data about the key vehicles.
As an 18 year old, I stopped reading fiction because it's boring and I like non-fiction better. If I want fiction stories I'll read manga, watch anime or play vidya. I simply prefer reading non-fiction. Besides, you can still have non-fiction stories recounting real life events.

picrel. origig

Attached: readingRuler.jpg (520x520, 43.36K)

well that's okay, lol. i might read that though, sounds interesting

I still don't get it. How does reading about gay elfs fighting nazi dragons help in real life social situations?
Surprisingly I can't relate to that shit.

>read 100+ fiction books a year for half a decade
>have read pretty much every highly praised classic at this point
>still a friendless virgin

What was in the chamber pot of secrets after all?

Attached: king pepeus 2.jpg (194x259, 8.29K)