How do i deal with my only friend being shit?

made a thread before but fell asleep

my only friend is an asshole again and again even after saying sorry and that he will change but how am i supposed to leave him when i care for him?

Attached: 1656633993189.jpg (750x900, 97.37K)

if he says he'll change and doesn't commit he doesn't sound like a good person, I would just let him slip away

how could i tho when i care and shit

>when i care for him
you sound like a woman
grow some balls

i am female yez

Attached: BgEzaIrCAAAQC5w.jpg (600x800, 72.32K)

either help him with whatever it is that is causing this friction, or just tell him plainly that it's dragging you down and that you need a break from it

i don't know what kind of woman has only one friend which isn't even a woman, that seems pretty unique

you clearly care more than he does which is not fair to you
save yourself the energy and move on

basically, you need to put a foot down in some way, to make it real to him that shit has to change or there will be consequences
i've seen similar issues, and people causing the problem, who may never intend it, may only truly get it if you punish them, it sounds mean but we're talking about getting through to his subconscious, you have to make it real

i know i know but still saying no is hard espesially when you care about the person
breaks dont help he still dont change

Do you have feelings for him?

I would probably try to keep distance and detach more and more over time, especially since he doesn't shlw any sign of changing.

you are right but when i took a break last it didnt change him , is that what you mean

well i don't know your specific case very well, but my point is that you have to do something that will make him truly realise that it's either change and be friends or don't and lose you, you need to find a way to threaten losing you as a friend, without just saying it
if you think you've done that already, and he's still not getting better, then he might just not care about you

man i sound like such a woman right now

>man i sound like such a woman right now
dont put that down user haha,, thank you yeah idk he is the type of person who claims he cant controll it he was diagnosed schizoid (not schizo google it) but as an autist i feel that is kinda bs when ppl use mentall illness as an excuse while not being apolegetic and caring at the same time. what i mean is that since i am autistic whenver i fuck up socially i apologize even premitly and try to be empathetic and all he does is an apology the next day
anyways ignore my rant i have taken breaks before should i do i try to leave now? i am just going to feel guilty fo leaving him and be tempted to crawl back???

i'm not very familiar with schizoid personality disorder, so i can't say what's expected, mental issues does complicate things though
if you've tried fixing the issue and it doesn't change anything, then your only options are to put up with how he is, or leave him
how long of a break are we talking?

>
a few weeks,but i will feel so guilty for leaving him if do and be tempted to come back

I had a fight with an asshole friend a year ago and we haven't talked since. I'd rather have no friends than an asshole one

his confidence that you will come back is likely preventing this from being a useful threat

You're only friends with him because he is good looking. If this was an uglier make doing this, you would have already abandoned him. Your friendship with him is just fake garbage.

i understand that but can you answer my concer related to my emotions ?

well i'm not sure i can help with your emotions
at the end of the day you need to look after your mental health as well, he is only your responsibility if you let it be your responsibility
you can't be there for everyone

How is he an asshole?