How is your job search going anons?

How is your job search going anons?

Attached: 1658158148796488.jpg (1700x2200, 170.07K)

Not good man
Not even trying
I just fake my job searches to get welfarebux
So demoralized it's hard

>right out of college
>first job
>144k year
>only 10% profit sharing
>it's over
All my fellow graduates make 10x as me and I'm actually infuriated. All they did was party, but I bust my ass and this is what I get? Im 23 and my life is falling apart bros.

Attached: 1658024912805.jpg (950x896, 102.03K)

You jest but this is actually me but with 88k per year. Why didn't I study finance, FUCK

I was going to try harder but it's butt-fucking hot here in Oklahoma and my air conditioner sucks. Hard to think when 50% of your brain's processing queue is spent on "holy fuck i'm melting."

>finished summer courses for muh degree
>have an interview for a bank job on thursday
>also have some more potential interviews coming, from dealing with logistics for trucking/shipping companies to being a collections agent
>tfw two years of retail management experience
Also need to get my vehicle looked at next week, so thats great. Hood will not open and I suspect thats a cable issue, and occasionally there is a musty smell inside. Rarely gas and only after I fill up, so I think there may be a plug or rubber seal problem somewhere. Either way I got an interesting week ahead.

I got a job offer at a company that goes on and on about how they are a "family."
I had to do a fucking 5 stage interview at the company and every single stage emphasized how they were like a "family."
Then, quite randomly, I was watching a totally unrelated video game video on youtube and the guy quips to be careful ever working for a company that describes itself as like a "family" because it's a red flag that you're going to be doing lots of overtime on salary. is it true.

Yep, be prepared to be the new office bitch user

Let me put it this way user, if they had anything else to go off of they would not stress the family bit so much. Do it if you must but just be prepared for bullshit, and do not feel pressured to do anything that was not explicitly in the job description. Take it from someone who used to be Superwagie, that is a slippery slope that will lead to you doing the work of 4 for the pay of 1.

yeah, for the most part. saying your job or staff is like a family is basically saying "i want to be able to treat you like shit and manipulate you into sticking around. and remember, family comes first so your job is your life now"
another one to avoid is when they say "we wear many different hats at this company" which is basically code for "we're going to make you do a bunch of shit not in your job description and not pay you more"
there are a couple of youtube channels that go into detail about which red flags to look out for while interviewing.
>5 stage interview
was it some sort of government contract or high level banking job? why in the fuck do they need to do 5 interviews?

not great. i thought i had a job in the bag but i'm still waiting on hearing back from them.
bailed on a few interviews after thinking i had that job too.
i had another interview today, that i thought was going to be your run of the mill skype interview, but it turns out it was with one of those AI chat bots so i decided to keep looking...
shit sucks.

>Send my resume out to any job I'm remotely qualified for
>Invited to do a "pre-screen" interview over the phone
>Feel good about the conversation, they tell me when they're going to start the next round of interviews and when I should hear back to schedule a round 2
>Never hear from them again

Is it an it job?

i dont even have a resume or cv desu, and im 20 years old. so id say.. pretty poor!!

I found a job making $22 an hour at a Walmart warehouse. No degree, not even high school, and my only previous job was at a restaurant. I am pretty satisfied for the moment.

That's how much I get paid with two stem degrees

I hope that's not your whole resume. You should have at least a dozen projects listed.

Europoor here, is 3.4 GPA good or bad?

>work at pizza place
>walk to work

It's the chillest job ever. It was the first place I applied and I got the job.

Sorry to hear that user.

origi

It's shit.
4 years job gap
next question.

I hope that resume is a joke. Don't think you need a dozen projects, but something actually impressive would be nice. Badly explaining Battleship rules won't get you a job.

If you aren't gonna link your GitHub code or sth for the projects, just lie, if you actually want to put some effort in build some shit but impressive web projects and put the code online. Easily done in one week.

Also, like describe your skills in full sentences or something.